Local 2022 RDX with Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Local 2022 RDX with Tech

Here’s another option I’m considering. The local Acura dealer has a CPO 2022 RDX with Tech package and just 2800 miles! It was registered as a commercial vehicle on the carfax (according to carfax this means it was registered in the name of a business). It was bought and returned to the same local Acura dealer. I need to talk to the sales person to see if they know the story. It was only driven for like 6 months. The thing that gives me pause is on the carfax it lists the following services performed in what appears to be to get it ready to be sold:
  • Vehicle serviced
    • Tire(s) balanced
    • Tires rotated
    • Safety inspection performed
    • Oil and filter changed
    • Induction system serviced
    • Fuel system cleaned/serviced
    • Fuel injection system flushed/serviced
    • Vehicle washed/detailed
    • Four tires balanced
    • Emissions inspection performed

Oil change and tires rotated make sense but why would a dealer service the fuel system on a car with only 2800 miles? Seems odd!
Old 08-17-2023, 04:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 910 Likes on 693 Posts
Originally Posted by Otherbmw
Here’s another option I’m considering. The local Acura dealer has a CPO 2022 RDX with Tech package and just 2800 miles! It was registered as a commercial vehicle on the carfax (according to carfax this means it was registered in the name of a business). It was bought and returned to the same local Acura dealer. I need to talk to the sales person to see if they know the story. It was only driven for like 6 months. The thing that gives me pause is on the carfax it lists the following services performed in what appears to be to get it ready to be sold:
  • Vehicle serviced
    • Tire(s) balanced
    • Tires rotated
    • Oil and filter changed
    • Four tires balanced

Oil change and tires rotated make sense but why would a dealer service the fuel system on a car with only 2800 miles? Seems odd!
That seems like a very vague description of a service. It could be anything from dropping in a bottle of intake cleaner to omg someone put diesel in there. Personally this seems like it has a bit of a shady history, why would a buisness take it for only 6 months and return it....unless commercial vehicles have special shortened lease agreements? Weird.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Otherbmw
  • Vehicle serviced
    • Tire(s) balanced
    • Tires rotated
    • Oil and filter changed
    • Four tires balanced

I would not read into that list too much, as since it was bought and returned to the same Acura dealer - they should be happy to provide you with a detailed VIN service history. Surely someone at the dealer know why it was returned in 6 months. Maybe it was just for them, they wanted something else, their financial position changed, employment changed or etc? I can attest to the first probability - as coming from a sports car to the RDX - I too pondered selling it with in the 1st year and 5K miles - it took a while to grow on me.

Last edited by Texasrdx21; 08-17-2023 at 07:50 AM.