AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Invoice Price on Acura RDX (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/invoice-price-acura-rdx-970329/)

dcmod 06-14-2018 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Froid (Post 16248471)
It comes with the car, but you do realize you actually paid for it. Moreover, after five years and expiration of your maintenance plan, it will likely reflect detrimentally in the selling price.
Trust me, I love driving BMWs. Brilliant cars. But costs and hit or miss reliability ain't for me.
For clarification, my Consumer Reports reference contradicts your own assertion.

Of course it does ,, I understand what I paid and what I negotiate ... 2017 BMW 430 i , with 5 years Free maintenance , MSRP $48K, i paid $37K, $11K below MSRP with MAINTENANCE !!!!!!

birdonamission 06-14-2018 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16249233)
Of course it does ,, I understand what I paid and what I negotiate ... 2017 BMW 430 i , with 5 years Free maintenance , MSRP $48K, i paid $37K, $11K below MSRP with MAINTENANCE !!!!!!

Are you buying or looking to buy an Acura RDX?

dcmod 06-14-2018 01:21 PM

I might ,, if I find a good deal

birdonamission 06-14-2018 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16249257)
I might ,, if I find a good deal

OK. I'm one of those waiters (not the restaurant kind) who will be standing by to see how things look in the Fall.

dcmod 06-14-2018 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by birdonamission (Post 16249263)
OK. I'm one of those waiters (not the restaurant kind) who will be standing by to see how things look in the Fall.

Cool, then it makes 2 of us ....

mattski 06-14-2018 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16249265)

I am going to wait until they announce color choices for 2020. If no new combos with Ebony interior, then I will try to get outgoing 2019 at good discount. Fortunately I don't need a car yet, so can wait ... and I used to be a waiter and bartender in my youth :cheers:

hondu 06-14-2018 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16249233)

Where are you located again? I need to visit your dealer.

dcmod 06-17-2018 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by hondu (Post 16249389)
Where are you located again? I need to visit your dealer.

I am in Southern California . BMW dealer is Shelly BMW off the 5 freeway. I bought it last year right on Labor day .

russianDude 06-17-2018 07:40 AM

So I went for a test drive yesterday just for the fun of it. Car is nice, but I did not even bother asking for the price. They only had one demo car, and another one was available for sale. They did not even have Advanced package on the lot to check out. Other people where checking out the other car, and salesman kept telling (without me asking) that the cars are flying off the lot and that this is the best car produced (yeah, whatever). Dealers are in control at this point, but the high pressure tactics do not work on me, and I did not even bother talking about the numbers, I told him that I need to think about it for 4-6 month. My 2008 RDX still works great with 170K miles, and the trade-in would be pathetic 1.5-3K range. I am no rush by any means.
I will re-evaluate market in the fall, and will get in in January for minimum 8-10% under MSRP Advanced package.

Philbert 06-17-2018 09:56 PM

I mentioned in another post that at a local dealer yesterday they were at almost 7k off on a 2018 MDX as a starting point. the RDX is even higher volume
than the mdx now, so it shouldn’t be long for supply to
match/exceed demand. There should also be manufacturer incentives starting the second week of July.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 06-17-2018 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by jcardona1 (Post 16248579)
What an insufferable human being you are. Do you ever stop to read what you type? Can't you just post without stroking your own ego?

Wow...pretty heavy BS out of your mouth...especially when you don't know one thing about me...personally. Just guessing and slinging arrows....and jealousy is involved.
I have no ego and just explain my life's experiences and what I do know about my car buying AND selling experiences over the years.

So, what a hypocritical low down human you are. Do you stop and read the BS you throw at other's when you do not know them? Hell no...sit behind your tech device and throw out BS like a little kid. When you don't
know truths...then what ugly humans do is belittle and degrade others. Look in the mirror....who are you really. I know!! You started the BS by first being jealous, then ASSUMIJNG things that aren't true...then
thinking you can teach me something about car buying. What a joke. I don't have to have an ego. Just experience. Don't like it, don't read it. But, if you answer, stop being a kid and lashing out with no clue of the
truths....instead of a decent person who investigates before passing judgment.

I'm a 20 yr. military vet, and a Vietnam vet....and I served so assholes like you can live in a free country and spew hate and animus at anybody you feel like. You are an ugly person....I feel sorry for you.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 06-17-2018 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr (Post 16248413)
I like your posts in general, but I have to say, this is a pretty arrogant statement. There are many folks in your position. You are not unique.....

And yes, RDX's do get discounted $5k, or more. There have been several posts about 18's being discounted this much, even though they have continued to sell pretty well with the new model on deck. The '19 will not be any different as time passes. It is only natural to think you got the best deal around, until you see another post about an even better deal :).

Not arrogant at all. Just facts. And you are mixing up facts. 2019 RDX's...are not getting $5K off the MSRP. Not now. Your "comparison": doesn't hold water. YES...2018's are getting decent discounts...WHY is that???
The NEW '19's are on the lots. It's always that way. When I talk of "deals" I'm talking NOW....new, fresh, models on the lots. And, again, they won't be selling for $5K off the MSRP later in the year. Just my my professional
opinion based on lots of yrs doing this. Just keep the facts you are trying to dispute straight. NOT 2018's was I talking about. Never did. OK???

And for all those that are not knowing what you speak about....in a hot market area....they are flying off the lots. The day I was there recently and made my deal....I was there for about 2-3 hrs. They sold 3, 2019's and took
deposits on 11 more. That's in addition to what they sold already the prior 10 days. They have one of the highest allocations in the country. They are now #3 in 2019's sold, and #9 in the U.S. on all Acuras sold, month to
date. FACTS. They now have 30 on the lot, since again, they have one of the highest allocations in the U.S. So more are coming in....often. And they are moving OFF the lot....fast.
Again, just more FACTS. Why do you folks dispute or hate facts? Jealousy I guess.

jcardona1 06-18-2018 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16250608)
Wow...pretty heavy BS out of your mouth...especially when you don't know one thing about me...personally. Just guessing and slinging arrows....and jealousy is involved.
I have no ego and just explain my life's experiences and what I do know about my car buying AND selling experiences over the years.

So, what a hypocritical low down human you are. Do you stop and read the BS you throw at other's when you do not know them? Hell no...sit behind your tech device and throw out BS like a little kid. When you don't
know truths...then what ugly humans do is belittle and degrade others. Look in the mirror....who are you really. I know!! You started the BS by first being jealous, then ASSUMIJNG things that aren't true...then
thinking you can teach me something about car buying. What a joke. I don't have to have an ego. Just experience. Don't like it, don't read it. But, if you answer, stop being a kid and lashing out with no clue of the
truths....instead of a decent person who investigates before passing judgment.

I'm a 20 yr. military vet, and a Vietnam vet....and I served so assholes like you can live in a free country and spew hate and animus at anybody you feel like. You are an ugly person....I feel sorry for you.

It's ironic that you yap about respect and hiding behind a computer screen but you're often the one being an ass to other people. Everybody here manages to interact civilly with one another except for you.

TLX17 06-18-2018 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by jcardona1 (Post 16250628)
It's ironic that you yap about respect and hiding behind a computer screen but you're often the one being an ass to other people. Everybody here manages to interact civilly with one another except for you.

It's true. I just saw in another thread he called everyone a bunch of idiots. Gotta love the lack of self-awareness :chuckle:

russianDude 06-18-2018 05:50 AM

“Flying off the lot” is a classical salesmen BS. All the people who paid top dollar for 2019 in June want to believe in it. Folks, this is Acura, not Austin Martin

russianDude 06-18-2018 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by TLX17 (Post 16250635)
It's true. I just saw in another thread he called everyone a bunch of idiots. Gotta love the lack of self-awareness :chuckle:

agreed, I stopped reading his posts a while back, it’s bunch of demagoguery and self praising.

Madd Dog 06-18-2018 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by russianDude (Post 16250650)
“Flying off the lot” is a classical salesmen BS. All the people who paid top dollar for 2019 in June want to believe in it. Folks, this is Acura, not Austin Martin

FWIW, when I went to my local Acura store, on a midweek morning, they only had 3 Tech RDXs, two were out for test drives (I told the salesman I just wanted to crawl around in it and ask questions) and the one I crawled around in was soon to be picked up for a swap. These RDXs are moving. How long that will continue is unknown, but for now, I can’t imagine any responsible dealer not trying to get MSRP, or close to it.

In a few months, I expect things to change. But for now, it is a hot seller.

sinain 06-18-2018 08:01 AM

Colorado Guy AF Ret wrote: "
I'm a 20 yr. military vet, and a Vietnam vet....and I served so assholes like you can live in a free country and spew hate and animus at anybody you feel like. You are an ugly person....I feel sorry for you."

Based on some of your rhetoric, I was hoping your screen name was not indicative of your background. Sadly, I see I was wrong. Now that you have played the "vet card", what's next? Personally, I would rather you stick to relating your vehicle transaction prowess. No need to tell me to bypass your posts, already in progress.

russianDude 06-18-2018 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16250665)
L
In a few months, I expect things to change. But for now, it is a hot seller.

I dont disagree. The supply is limited and production is still picking up. Waiting is the key.

Stew4HD 06-18-2018 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by russianDude (Post 16250692)

I dont disagree. The supply is limited and production is still picking up. Waiting is the key.

Another thing to remember, Acura has already set the price fairly low to start with compared to all of it's competition.

russianDude 06-18-2018 10:50 AM

I dont know, the msrp for advanced went up by 3k from 2018 rdx.

Stew4HD 06-18-2018 11:01 AM

I based my comment on the reviews I have read and comparison videos watched

justnspace 06-18-2018 11:39 AM

Kids, if we can't refrain from personal attacks, I'll be handing out vacations.
Stay on topic and leave the insults out of here

dcmod 06-18-2018 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by jcardona1 (Post 16250628)

I have a funny feeling that this Colonel dude is just a shill "prop" ing his great buddy the Sales Manager of an Acura dealer . Maybe he works at that Acura dealer , LMAO ....

quantum7 06-18-2018 06:21 PM

Hey, does anyone have any information regarding the Invoice Price on the new Acura RDX?

TxLady 06-18-2018 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by quantum7 (Post 16251107)
Hey, does anyone have any information regarding the Invoice Price on the new Acura RDX?

quantum7 06-18-2018 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by TxLady (Post 16251109)

actually just an attempt to get the thread back on topic.....but wait, I thought that this sort of information required secret elite access to a well place GM and the experience of 62 prior car purchases all below what anyone else ever paid.
Thanks for the information. I am actually just waiting a little bit for the prices to drop in the fall. Then will probably be getting a White A-Spec with Ebony interior (maybe red...still not sure). Still need to do a very extended test drive over the summer to find how it behaves on my daily commute route.

TxLady 06-18-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by quantum7 (Post 16251112)
actually just an attempt to get the thread back on topic.....but wait, I thought that this sort of information required secret elite access to a well place GM and the experience of 62 prior car purchases all below what anyone else ever paid.
Thanks for the information. I am actually just waiting a little bit for the prices to drop in the fall. Then will probably be getting a White A-Spec with Ebony interior (maybe red...still not sure). Still need to do a very extended test drive over the summer to find how it behaves on my daily commute route.

I too am waiting. Hoping any immediate issues are found by Nov/Dec. if any surface, might be holding off till the 2020’s are released. (Unless my husband gets impatient.).

37tzee 06-19-2018 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by birdonamission (Post 16249263)

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16249265)

Make that 3 f us......

DACAR 06-19-2018 07:24 AM

Not sure how accurate that Car Connection website is; there's a $400.00 uncharge for Majestic Black Pearl that the site does not add

MrJames 06-19-2018 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by DACAR (Post 16251273)
Not sure how accurate that Car Connection website is; there's a $400.00 uncharge for Majestic Black Pearl that the site does not add

Black is a premium color now along with red, Apex blue and dogshit brown.

37tzee 06-19-2018 10:03 AM

I just went on Truecar.com and got quotes from three Houston dealers for a 2018 MDX with technology package for $45,500. MSRP is $49,595.

russianDude 06-19-2018 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by 37tzee (Post 16251358)
I just went on Truecar.com and got quotes from three Houston dealers for a 2018 MDX with technology package for $45,500. MSRP is $49,595.

thats 8% off that you can get easily. Its a middle of the bell curve, if you have good negotiating skills you can buy at the left side of the curve, like 44500

chickdr 06-19-2018 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16250615)
Not arrogant at all. Just facts. And you are mixing up facts. 2019 RDX's...are not getting $5K off the MSRP. Not now. Your "comparison": doesn't hold water. YES...2018's are getting decent discounts...WHY is that???
The NEW '19's are on the lots. It's always that way. When I talk of "deals" I'm talking NOW....new, fresh, models on the lots. And, again, they won't be selling for $5K off the MSRP later in the year. Just my my professional
opinion based on lots of yrs doing this. Just keep the facts you are trying to dispute straight. NOT 2018's was I talking about. Never did. OK???

And for all those that are not knowing what you speak about....in a hot market area....they are flying off the lots. The day I was there recently and made my deal....I was there for about 2-3 hrs. They sold 3, 2019's and took
deposits on 11 more. That's in addition to what they sold already the prior 10 days. They have one of the highest allocations in the country. They are now #3 in 2019's sold, and #9 in the U.S. on all Acuras sold, month to
date. FACTS. They now have 30 on the lot, since again, they have one of the highest allocations in the U.S. So more are coming in....often. And they are moving OFF the lot....fast.
Again, just more FACTS. Why do you folks dispute or hate facts? Jealousy I guess.

Your opinion is no different than mine. If you want to deal in facts, lets see what you said a few posts back...

Originally Posted by Hou-RL (Post 16248282)
The RDX was hot in 2014 when I purchased mine and easily obtained $5K just by saying that was what I wanted off the price. I could have gotten more but was happy with the $5K discount. Not sure if you know how to negotiate but I will be happy to make your deal for you over email with a dealer in NOV/DEC IF INTERESTED.

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16248291)
Very funny. Your full of it. No $5K off RDX's now or in the future. I've been buying cars longer than you've been on this earth. And sold Toyotas and Nissans....and others for awhile.
Not a damn thing you could teach me. I could teach you some respect, but, you wouldn't get it. How is it hiding behind a "device" and typing BS.....

It sure looks to be me as if you were talking about his purchase of a 2014 RDX. Am I wrong? In any event nobody said 19's were selling for $5k off right now. But they most certainly will be in 6-12mths. Mark my words.....

AR2287 06-19-2018 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 37tzee (Post 16251266)
Make that 3 f us......

Do you guys think the ongoing trade negotiations (US/Canada) will have an impact on the prices in the ongoing months? Both in US and in Canada, but mainly in Canada as the prices for the customers might go up if there is 25% tariff

ultramart 06-19-2018 01:42 PM

I think Acura (and most manufacturers) will keep their prices as-is and absorb their cost increase due to the tariffs on steel and aluminum. Otherwise it would really hurt the sales. My opinion FWIW.

TxLady 06-19-2018 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by DACAR (Post 16251273)

I’m hoping that’s the only discrepancy. The Costco Auto Purchase program shows the same invoice and msrp. The paint variations are in the assessories section with the premium paint price shown as an add on. Anyone can visit their site...doesn’t require a membership to just price the vehicles out.. if you use the service, then you’re required to “sign in” with membership number.

Note: there has to be an auto of the year and make available in your zip code area and the dealer must be part of the Costco Auto program or you’ll come up with no results.

Tomtwtwtw 06-19-2018 06:13 PM

In regards to invoice pricing, I was able to build and price the 2019 through Costco's auto-buying program yesterday. If you're a member, I hear the service is a great way to get a close-to-best deal with minimal effort. Yes, you can always play hardball for a better price, but you can also save some stress and time this way. FWIW, this is what they list for an AWD tech model (my ideal choice).

Edit to fix the table formatting

MSRP:
Invoice:

$42,500
$40,342

Destination
$995

Total
$43,495
$41,337

dcmod 06-20-2018 06:17 PM

Just found out a dealer in SoCal asking for an A-Spec FWD white at $43,383.00 . That is more than a $1562 discount after you add the SoCal destination charge $44,945.
So the price is definitely going down

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=RDX

JoelEDC 06-20-2018 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16252370)
Just found out a dealer in SoCal asking for an A-Spec FWD white at $43,383.00 . That is more than a $1562 discount after you add the SoCal destination charge $44,945.
So the price is definitely going down

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=RDX

On the Autotrader listing under "price breakdown" it clearly states that the MSRP (which would already include destination) for this specific vehicle is $44495.00. It also indicates that this vehicle is diamond white, which the Acura website says is not an extra cost color. So the discount (if there aren't any surprises looming) is actually $1112.00, which is not out of the realm of possibility for a front wheel drive A-Spec. I say that based on some of the other posts I've seen on here where people have shared what they paid for their new RDX's. And again, this $1112.00 discount may or not even be a true discount depending on what other "fine print" the dealer may have that might not have to be disclosed in an Autotrader ad.