AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   I freakin' love this car! (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/i-freakin-love-car-973264/)

Huskr84 09-16-2018 09:33 PM

I freakin' love this car!

The 2019 RDX Advance SH-AWD is incredible! I've been driving it for a week now and there is no comparison to my '09 TL Tech SH-AWD (granted, I had 165K miles on the old girl).

What's awesome?
- It's incredibly quiet!
- Acceleration in Sport+ is awesome!
- The stereo is crystal clear even when streaming Bluetooth.
- I hate wood in cars, but the olive wood looks great!
- I never knew a HUD could be so cool (and I mean REALLY cool!). I may never look at the instrument cluster again!
- I've read so many posts about the dislike for the OEM tires, but I find them quiet and they are great at hugging the curves.
- The push button transmission is a learning curve, but I'm getting used to it.
- The cubby holes under the rear storage area are more useful than I would have thought.

What's not so awesome?
- AcuraLink - still doesn't work and still waiting for a call back from Level II support (after 2 calls from me...)
- The sound system is fantastic, but the mid-range is still a bit muddled. I can't find the right settings for it yet....
- The auto start/stop was cool for a couple of days - now it's just annoying (but easy to turn off).
- I wish the backup camera was a bit more hi-def.

Everyone who has contributed to AcuraZine has made my ownership experience much better. I've been on this site every day reading the pros and cons, and I would have been a lot more frustrated had I not read all of the 'how to' posts. And outside of the AcuraLink issue (I really want to get it fixed!), I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Thank you to everyone in this community for their contribution in making this a very happy (and expensive) purchase!

oblio98 09-16-2018 10:38 PM

Congrats and welcome to the fray! It's nice to read a positive post once in a while.

TLMDXRDX 09-17-2018 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Huskr84 (Post 16298164)
The 2019 RDX Advance SH-AWD is incredible! I've been driving it for a week now and there is no comparison to my '09 TL Tech SH-AWD (granted, I had 165K miles on the old girl).

What's awesome?
- It's incredibly quiet!
- Acceleration in Sport+ is awesome!
- The stereo is crystal clear even when streaming Bluetooth.
- I hate wood in cars, but the olive wood looks great!
- I never knew a HUD could be so cool (and I mean REALLY cool!). I may never look at the instrument cluster again!
- I've read so many posts about the dislike for the OEM tires, but I find them quiet and they are great at hugging the curves.
- The push button transmission is a learning curve, but I'm getting used to it.
- The cubby holes under the rear storage area are more useful than I would have thought.

What's not so awesome?
- AcuraLink - still doesn't work and still waiting for a call back from Level II support (after 2 calls from me...)
- The sound system is fantastic, but the mid-range is still a bit muddled. I can't find the right settings for it yet....
- The auto start/stop was cool for a couple of days - now it's just annoying (but easy to turn off).
- I wish the backup camera was a bit more hi-def.

Everyone who has contributed to AcuraZine has made my ownership experience much better. I've been on this site every day reading the pros and cons, and I would have been a lot more frustrated had I not read all of the 'how to' posts. And outside of the AcuraLink issue (I really want to get it fixed!), I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Thank you to everyone in this community for their contribution in making this a very happy (and expensive) purchase!

Awesome to hear Husker84. Now if we could just do something about our team... :)

cbstsx09 09-17-2018 12:06 PM

I have had mine for a little over 3 weeks taken one road trip and feel the same way. Everyone that has taken a ride in it comments how great it is.

Stew4HD 09-18-2018 07:34 AM

Congrats on your new RDX! As others have said, it's nice to see positive posts regarding this model! I have nearly 4K miles on mine, I love it too!

Huskr84 09-21-2018 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by TLMDXRDX (Post 16298428)
Awesome to hear Husker84. Now if we could just do something about our team... :)

Amen... Our Huskers definitely need a win soon.... Bethune-Cookman for sure?!?

Huskr84 09-21-2018 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16299008)
Congrats on your new RDX! As others have said, it's nice to see positive posts regarding this model! I have nearly 4K miles on mine, I love it too!

I guess maybe we just got lucky. It took a week and a half but AcuraLink is now up and running with no issues. Other than, I feel the car has exceeded expectations. I know there are people of this site that have had real problems with the vehicle (and I definitely feel for them), but there is just so much negativity being posted lately. AcuraZine has ALWAYS been my go-to site for ideas, fixes, etc., but it's been getting less fun of late. Hopefully, we get more success stories soon!

Madd Dog 09-21-2018 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Huskr84 (Post 16301370)
I guess maybe we just got lucky. It took a week and a half but AcuraLink is now up and running with no issues. Other than, I feel the car has exceeded expectations. I know there are people of this site that have had real problems with the vehicle (and I definitely feel for them), but there is just so much negativity being posted lately. AcuraZine has ALWAYS been my go-to site for ideas, fixes, etc., but it's been getting less fun of late. Hopefully, we get more success stories soon!

You say “No Issues”, but can you send a destination to your car from your house and will it be there when you start your car?

Many people cannot.

cbstsx09 09-21-2018 03:04 PM

Yes has worked since day one.

acuraada 09-21-2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cbstsx09 (Post 16301541)
Yes has worked since day one.

:bow:

Meto 09-26-2018 10:52 AM

Congrats on getting your RDX... Once they get the bugs fixed on the infotainment system and address the issues with the climate control system, it will be an awesome vehicle for me as well.