How to send extra numbers when phone is connected via HFL

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 06:55 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How to send extra numbers when phone is connected via HFL

I have a 2022 RDX A-Spec (Canada) and want to know, when my Samsung Galaxy S21 is paired to the car via HFL, and I am making a phone call that requires the additional input of a number, how do I do it? I routinely have to call numbers where I reach a recording and it asks for an option , e.g., "press 1" or "press 2" etc, but there is no way that I can see to tell the car/phone to send the needed response. I have tried to just do it manually on my phone, but as long as it is connected via HFL, when I try to enter the required digit via my phone keypad, it does not send it.

How do I enter/send additional numbers via HFL once connected to a call? I do not want to program in a pause etc since I can't always predict which option I will have to choose (or the time delay for that matter), so I need to do it "live". How?

Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
ShouldIBuyNew (04-11-2022)
Old 04-11-2022, 07:41 PM
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Gene-Jockey
I have a 2022 RDX A-Spec (Canada) and want to know, when my Samsung Galaxy S21 is paired to the car via HFL, and I am making a phone call that requires the additional input of a number, how do I do it? I routinely have to call numbers where I reach a recording and it asks for an option , e.g., "press 1" or "press 2" etc, but there is no way that I can see to tell the car/phone to send the needed response. I have tried to just do it manually on my phone, but as long as it is connected via HFL, when I try to enter the required digit via my phone keypad, it does not send it.

How do I enter/send additional numbers via HFL once connected to a call? I do not want to program in a pause etc since I can't always predict which option I will have to choose (or the time delay for that matter), so I need to do it "live". How?

Thanks in advance.
I believe this is an issue with the number you are calling. Some “IVR- Interactive Voice Response” systems will not accept DTMF tones when the device is connected to Bluetooth. Try calling a few other “Numbers” where you need to push a digit on your phone to make a selection to see if it works or repeats. I’ve run into this scenario over the years using Bluetooth headsets (which the car is in this case) and DTMF tones not being accepted by the receiving system.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:04 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
I could be all wet, but can't one draw a number on the tru-touchpad, with your finger? It has been a year since I traded my damaged 19 RDX.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, so it turns out that the problem I had was not exactly the one I *thought* I had. I figured out that I can actually make a call using HFL and use the touch pad (or I guess a virtual keypad) to send that additional numbers. I just have to be careful to actually initiate the call from my CAR via HFL. I was connecting through Android Auto and that is where the difficulty came in. So now I need to figure out if there is a way to send extra digits via Android Auto, but that is a different issue than the one I thought I had.