Hitch Install Without the Tailgate Hands-Free Access Unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 10:51 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hitch Install Without the Tailgate Hands-Free Access Unit

I have all the parts I need to install the OEM hitch on my '22 A-Spec Advanced except for the tailgate hands-free access sensor (#08L91-TJB-200B). Everyone I've called has said the same thing, the part is on back order with no ETA. I'd like to install my hitch now so I can use it with my bike rack rather than wait until God knows when. Does anyone know if there would be any issues with functionality or any error codes if I remove the original sensor and install the hitch without the new sensor? I've asked service advisors at several dealerships but I can't seem to get a straight answer. One advisor I talked to said he thought they had done a hitch install without using the sensor but he wasn't sure. Has anyone had the OEM hitch installed without replacing the original hand-free unit?
Old 04-02-2022, 01:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just bought my ‘22 A-Spec Advance from the dealer and had them install the OEM hitch (they also told me the kick sensor is on backorder and they would schedule an appointment when they receive it). I have not had any issues other than the obvious missing functionality.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the reply. Before I saw your reply I thought about just unplugging the original kick sensor to see if there were any issues. I crawled underneath the rear, found some connectors to the sensor but I couldn't figure out how to separate the connectors. Do you know if they did anything to protect the connectors while they wait for the kick sensor to be delivered?