AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   An engineer's view of the 2019 RDX (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/engineers-view-2019-rdx-971524/)

MarineOne 07-13-2018 02:44 PM

An engineer's view of the 2019 RDX

Let's see if this works.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 07-13-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MarineOne (Post 16263838)
Let's see if this works.

https://youtu.be/V6vg-0daHv8

Yep, this is a good one. Been on You Tube and elsewhere for awhile now. I was really tuned in when he was going over the entire way the body was so differently put together than how they did previous vehicles.
I like the extra sound deadening and insulation they finally did. Also, the structuring around the doors. A lot went in to this new RDX.

Kinda funny when I know what has been done.....and "russianDude" says..."it's just an RDX." I have to laugh. It's WAY above and beyond the Gen 1 and Gen 2 models. Like many vehicles, it's not "perfect"....but, it is SO much
better than the previous models...and, for that matter....giving the competition a REAL run for their money!!

Acura really spent a lot of R & D and time on this design. And it was done right here in the U.S. Design studies in California.

MarineOne 07-13-2018 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16263888)
Yep, this is a good one. Been on You Tube and elsewhere for awhile now. I was really tuned in when he was going over the entire way the body was so differently put together than how they did previous vehicles.
I like the extra sound deadening and insulation they finally did. Also, the structuring around the doors. A lot went in to this new RDX.

Kinda funny when I know what has been done.....and "russianDude" says..."it's just an RDX." I have to laugh. It's WAY above and beyond the Gen 1 and Gen 2 models. Like many vehicles, it's not "perfect"....but, it is SO much
better than the previous models...and, for that matter....giving the competition a REAL run for their money!!

Acura really spent a lot of R & D and time on this design. And it was done right here in the U.S. Design studies in California.

Absolutely! The chassis engineers really did their homework. This is the stuff I tune into, for everything to work well there must be a solid structure. 1500 MPa UHSS, laser welding, hot stamping. real geek stuff!

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 07-13-2018 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by MarineOne (Post 16263915)
Absolutely! The chassis engineers really did their homework. This is the stuff I tune into, for everything to work well there must be a solid structure. 1500 MPa UHSS, laser welding, hot stamping. real geek stuff!

Exactly...I like the "hi tech" info too. My RDX A-Spec handles like a sports car...well, almost. But, lots better than my Gen 2 RDX's, and I really liked them a lot.
This is just a totally different animal!! I love driving mine....and I don't get too that much since it really is my wife's daily driver. I do have my '18 TLX A-Spec for me to have fun in. It really does handle like a 4 door sports car!!
It has the Sh-Awd, and when pushed hard in a sweeping curve...you really get to know how good it all works well together. That torque vectoring system is great....you just have to really push it hard....and trust it....to realize it's
full potential.

Most won't, and just driving around the city streets you will never know what it can really do. I need to get it up in the mountains and hit those twisty's!!
But, in the snow and ice that system will also prove it's worth.

MTD 07-14-2018 04:22 AM

Steel supplied by the company I work for here in Canada. Hopefully Trump doesn't screw that up lol.

Stew4HD 07-14-2018 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by MTD (Post 16264057)
Steel supplied by the company I work for here in Canada. Hopefully Trump doesn't screw that up lol.

Just leveling the trade playing field.. it's all going to be okay :)

alpha0 07-14-2018 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16264016)
Exactly...I like the "hi tech" info too. My RDX A-Spec handles like a sports car...well, almost. But, lots better than my Gen 2 RDX's, and I really liked them a lot.
This is just a totally different animal!! I love driving mine....and I don't get too that much since it really is my wife's daily driver. I do have my '18 TLX A-Spec for me to have fun in. It really does handle like a 4 door sports car!!
It has the Sh-Awd, and when pushed hard in a sweeping curve...you really get to know how good it all works well together. That torque vectoring system is great....you just have to really push it hard....and trust it....to realize it's
full potential.

Most won't, and just driving around the city streets you will never know what it can really do. I need to get it up in the mountains and hit those twisty's!!
But, in the snow and ice that system will also prove it's worth.

Can you compare sh-awd of your TLX vs 4th gen sh-awd of RDX? Do you feel more torque tranferred to rear?