Design change to AcuraLink App?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020 | 06:20 AM
Advanced

Design change to AcuraLink App?

I no longer see the photo of my car with which doors are open and tire pressure. Did they change the design of the app? The security subscription recently expired, could it be part of that for some reason? Attached is what I see when opening the app.

Old 05-23-2020 | 06:36 AM
Instructor

I believe the expired subscription is the reason, I still see it on mine when I load my app with an active subscription.
Old 05-25-2020 | 05:27 AM
Advanced

Thanks, I opened a support ticket. It makes no sense that the security package would include this. All it mentions is live agents, data wiping, and roadside assistance buttons.
[AUTOMATED COLLISION NOTIFICATION
A live agent will reach out to check on you and request that help be sent in the event of a collision.
EMERGENCY CALL
A live agent will stay on the call with you and request that help be sent in the event of an emergency.
PERSONAL DATA WIPE
Restore your audio and navigation system to factory defaults with the app.
ENHANCED ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Get towing and repair services using the LINK button in your vehicle.
Old 05-25-2020 | 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Expired

The app is only worth anything if you have a subscription. You’d think just with the vehicle they’d still want you to know when you need an oil change and other maintenance, but no, they want more money out of you regularly to tell you that, even though it has nothing to do with this subscriptions. I have let my subscriptions expire, and here’s what my app shows:

Originally Posted by Colin Whooten
I no longer see the photo of my car with which doors are open and tire pressure. Did they change the design of the app? The security subscription recently expired, could it be part of that for some reason? Attached is what I see when opening the app.

Old 05-25-2020 | 11:00 PM
Racer

Mine has done the same thing. I do get fuel level and fuel range, odometer, and maps. It seems I can still send a destination I pick on Google Maps to the car, but it does it when I get in the car and the Blue Tooth connects. I use to get tire pressures but no more as I have passed the one year mark. I can't do remote start or lock or unlock any more but from what I read I need to subscribe to the "Remote" level to do that. What confuses me is the tire pressure thing. It worked for the first year but then quit recently. I can find no Acura information as to which level of service it is included in. Based on the picture included in the Original Post that owner still had the remote package running as it showed the "Start" and "Stop" function as well as the door locks, but it did not show tire pressure.
Which level shows tire pressure?
And, it seems I can still give voice commands to my nav system yet if I read the optional services it implies that to have have IVR you have to scribe to the "Remote" level.

I have never fully understood the options and pricing of these services so I have just figured to let them die off (which they have done!) and live with things the way they are. It appears to me the packages include to many things I just don't use and can live without. Also, the way they are prices it would appear that each segment has a price and if you want them all that price gets pretty big. Its not like if you go with the "Remote" package at $110 a year you also get the "Security" package which is $89 a year. You would have to pay $199 to get both? Its all just strange to me. Its like the "Free wireless" that you were suppose to get from AT&T for whatever time, 30 or 90 days. I recall I got an email that asked me if I wanted to renew that after the free trial period. "Hell no!" I told them....I could NEVER get it to work at all! I could however just tether my Samsung S-10 with unlimited data to the car and everything worked fine.
The following users liked this post:
Pirate Princess (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020 | 06:59 AM
Instructor

I only have the Remote subscription and my app does not show tire pressures or door open information. I think it does when the car is fully turned on (not just from remote start) but I can't say for sure. I find the app incredibly useless except for remote starting my car. The minimal of information that is displayed by default (fuel gauge, odometer, oil life) are hardly useful because they are so delayed. And why the developers thought including my personal calendar in the app was going to be useful is beyond me. It's not like I will use the app as a go-to dashboard on my phone often.
Old 05-26-2020 | 02:38 PM
Drifting

I deleted the app after I allowed my subscriptions to lapse. I feel much better now.
Old 05-26-2020 | 04:57 PM
Drifting

I never bothered to even start using the app. I am clueless in Tucson. Guess I saved some stress. We all have enough now, don't need anymore.
Old 05-26-2020 | 08:13 PM
Racer

Mine still showing tire pressure, subs expired long time a go.
Old 05-26-2020 | 08:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Yotrek

Mine still showing tire pressure, subs expired long time a go.
Oh those tires are over inflated!
Also, did you update the App? I am wondering if the old versions gave tire pressures but the newer versions have dropped it? Its not a big deal, you can read the tire pressures on the dash of the car. As for the remote start...I have NEVER used that feature but then my car is kept in a nice comfy garage. Also, the door locks...using just the key fob I can be in a hotel room and look out the window and check the locks by hitting the button and watching the lights flash on. The info I really want is part of the basic (no extra cost) plan so why pay more?
Old 05-26-2020 | 08:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hans471
Also, did you update the App? I am wondering if the old versions gave tire pressures but the newer versions have dropped it? Its not a big deal, you can read the tire pressures on the dash of the car. As for the remote start...I have NEVER used that feature but then my car is kept in a nice comfy garage. Also, the door locks...using just the key fob I can be in a hotel room and look out the window and check the locks by hitting the button and watching the lights flash on. The info I really want is part of the basic (no extra cost) plan so why pay more?
From what I can tell the PSI on the app and in the car display are not accurate. I used a high quality TP gauge on each tire...right at 33 PSI. Both in car and on the app show around 39 PSI

I trust the gauge directly connected to the valve stem rather than someone's computer software algorithm

Old 05-26-2020 | 09:04 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by rdx4me?
From what I can tell the PSI on the app and in the car display are not accurate. I used a high quality TP gauge on each tire...right at 33 PSI. Both in car and on the app show around 39 PSI

I trust the gauge directly connected to the valve stem rather than someone's computer software algorithm
My app is about +3 psi. I always use a gauge for real value. I imagine the remote pressure alert provided during fill is just as accurate.
Old 05-26-2020 | 09:06 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by rdx4me?

I don't use the app, but my tires are within 1 psi, tire gauge on valve stem to dash display.
Old 05-26-2020 | 09:18 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I don't use the app, but my tires are within 1 psi, tire gauge on valve stem to dash display.
I never remember to compare under the same conditions. I'd like to have a trust baseline for the dash display. It's a nice feature to have, even if not precise.
Old 05-26-2020 | 10:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hans471
The app version is: 4.2.2 May 2020, I believe is the latest, oh for the tires pressure always off by 4 or 5 psi, I check mine all the time, I trust my tire gauge...
Old 05-26-2020 | 10:10 PM
Intermediate

I originally paid for the remote which included tire pressure and it showed whether the doors were locked or not. Sometime, during my paid subscription, Acura took those 2 features and moved them to the security package for some unknown reason. I felt like I was taken advantage of because those were the two features that enticed me to pay and should have only been removed after my subscription expired, if ever. I called Acura and eventually someone retuned my call. The rep said that I could still lock and unlock my RDX with the remote. That was true but to prove it was locked, I would need to buy the security package as well. I didn't use the other features - I remember where I parked but I seldom remembered to cool or heat my car remotely, so I just let it go and did not renew when the time came. The tire pressure was not that helpful for current reading but it let me know if one was low from the comfort of my easy chair. The AcuraLink web site still does not show the correct features for each package but the Remote no longer lists tire pressure as a feature.
Old 05-26-2020 | 10:14 PM
Racer

Yes I don’t open my app to often, but once in a while I use it to check if the car is locked just in case, and once in a while to send address from app to the car navigation, which is working really well..
Old 05-27-2020 | 03:17 PM
Advanced

My subscription expired in September last year and since then the application is not showing the fuel or mileage. I do get the monthly emails from Acura and that has this data and hence the vehicle is pushing the data to the Acura servers. I even opened a case with Acura Customer Service and did not get any where. They acknowledged the defect and told me that it was added to the Backlog but I guess it was never prioritized for a fix....
Old 05-27-2020 | 08:55 PM
Skeptic

I have only the Remote package and the graphical car is no longer displayed. Version 4.2.2, May 2020 on Android.

At least now the app displays an acknowledgement when you lock, unlock or flash the lights. It didn't used to.
Old 05-29-2020 | 04:51 AM
Advanced

They called me and confirmed what I suspected. Despite not updating the marketing or purchasing site, tire pressure and door status are now part of the security package. So the remote package (which I pay for) will let me open and lock doors, but can’t tell me the current status? Ridiculous money grab by Acura. If the door lock was fast and consistent maybe this wouldn’t be an issue, but we all know that isn’t the case. The guy sounded embarrassed that he had to tell me this, he suggested complaining at 866-535-1931
Old 05-29-2020 | 06:35 AM
Instructor

My app subscription has expired and I still get Gas, range, tire pressure, maps, oil life.

More importantly, an alert came up showing a Recall-Fuel Pump May Seize
Old 05-29-2020 | 07:17 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gate 17
My app subscription has expired and I still get Gas, range, tire pressure, maps, oil life.

More importantly, an alert came up showing a Recall-Fuel Pump May Seize
did all subscriptions expire (including security)?
Old 05-29-2020 | 02:07 PM
Instructor

They called me and confirmed what I suspected. Despite not updating the marketing or purchasing site, tire pressure and door status are now part of the security package. So the remote package (which I pay for) will let me open and lock doors, but can’t tell me the current status? Ridiculous money grab by Acura. If the door lock was fast and consistent maybe this wouldn’t be an issue, but we all know that isn’t the case. The guy sounded embarrassed that he had to tell me this, he suggested complaining at 866-535-1931
Can you link the marketing/purchasing site that still lists this as being part of the remote package?
Old 05-29-2020 | 02:13 PM
Advanced

https://acuralink.acura.com/#/compat...2020&model=RDX
Old 05-29-2020 | 03:50 PM
Skeptic

... So the remote package (which I pay for) will let me open and lock doors, but can’t tell me the current status? ..
No, but you do at least get an acknowledgement of the status after executing the command. I think that's new in this update.
Old 05-30-2020 | 12:20 AM
Racer

So, now I know why I won't be subscribing to any of these "services".

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2020 | 11:52 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

RangerRules99...."I do get the monthly emails from Acura and that has this data...."

I have never received an email from Acura in 1Y 9M of ownership.
Old 05-30-2020 | 03:02 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by EFR
RangerRules99...."I do get the monthly emails from Acura and that has this data...."

I have never received an email from Acura in 1Y 9M of ownership.
I think you may have to opt in by registering. But some dealers may have done it by default; IIRC they are supposed to ask your preference.

But IIRC there are separate registrations on the Acura owner's site, and the AcuraLink site. And I don't think they talk.
Old 06-10-2020 | 11:22 AM
Advanced

I’ve since talked to Acura support and a manager. They confirmed this is part of the Security package, and that it isn’t stated as such on the website marketing the subscriptions.

I can’t get over how this makes ZERO logical sense and is just a money grab to get more people to buy the security package. As it is, I can lock and unlock my doors, but not see if they are actually locked or if they are open and thus didn’t lock. I can also let Amazon deliver a package into my car but have no way of confirming that the doors are closed and locked. Does anybody at Acura actually use this car?
Old 06-11-2020 | 09:32 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

I am a relative noob when it comes to AcuraLink, and I’m still on the first year trial period of Security but I had thought the status of the car locks was part of the Basic package, just like the status of tire pressure, oil health, gas/range and mileage - all part of the “dashboard” aren’t they?
Old 06-11-2020 | 10:09 AM
Instructor

Wow you JUST lost the ability to view tire pressure. that is weird. I lost it in Dec. 2018, just 4 months after I bought 2019 RDX Advance. I recall opening a case # & AcuraLink told me they removed the feature for everyone. While I have not re-up’d for all the features I have always paid for Remote function. I just double check to see how app is conveying if the door locks when i press lock or unlock. I was surprised to see that for split second it shows a check & Locked on screen & than "An error has occurred. Please try again later. WTF?

Last edited by Mark S Long Island; 06-11-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-11-2020 | 10:40 AM
Instructor

I just went out to car & despite the error message the doors to open & lock by app. The app does show a very brief validation "Locked" or "Unlocked" but the is over ridden by the faulty error message. if you blink you'll miss the validation.
Old 06-11-2020 | 11:34 AM
Advanced

Hmm, I’m getting that error too. Not sure if that is new or if I just never noticed it. I also just wondered what happens if a door is open and I go to lock the door in the app. Sure enough, it says it’s locked in the app, but obviously that isn’t the case. This is irresponsible for Acura to not include the status with the remote lock features in the same package. Ugh.

I love this car, but I just wish they could make the software regularly get better. I’d love to be able to use Siri to lock and unlock. Or have full screen CarPlay. Or CarPlay behind steering wheel. Or a digital speedometer. Nope - really nothing has changed other than bug fixes in 1.5 years of ownership on a brand new model car and with an infotainment system they are now starting to put in other vehicles.
Old 06-15-2020 | 02:26 PM
Instructor

That link doesn't show tire pressure and lock/unlock status are part of the remote package.
Old 06-15-2020 | 03:23 PM
Advanced

Correct, but it doesn't mention it under any of the other packages either. The only package that even mentions door locks is the remote package.
Old 06-15-2020 | 08:42 PM
Skeptic

My remote features are working again but they take a while to display after the error message comes up first.
Old 06-16-2020 | 08:30 PM
Skeptic

No error messages today. Most of the network issues seem to be resolved, although remote features still take time to appear. It used to work FAST for me. I used to be able to launch the app an start the car in under 30 seconds. Not as good as key fob remote but good enough.

There's even an "outage recovery" message that states that AcuraLink services have been restored.

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 06-16-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2020 | 08:07 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by RangersRule99
My subscription expired in September last year and since then the application is not showing the fuel or mileage. I do get the monthly emails from Acura and that has this data and hence the vehicle is pushing the data to the Acura servers. I even opened a case with Acura Customer Service and did not get any where. They acknowledged the defect and told me that it was added to the Backlog but I guess it was never prioritized for a fix....
The latest application has fixed my issue and I am again seeing the range, fuel gauge, miles and oil life in the application.
Old 12-15-2020 | 08:45 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Reviving this thread because I just noticed that I no longer have door lock status or tire pressure information on my app either. I pay for the Remote package, but I'm pissed enough about this that I might stop doing that. It's absurd that they would withhold such basic information from the app, especially after I've paid for it. The whole idea of charging for three different packages with overlapping services is kinda ridiculous in the first place. If they really need to fund development of this app and its features (questionable, given the number of updates and features) then they should just charge one amount for a package, maybe extra for the Concierge feature. They shouldn't nickel and dime customers for this kinda stuff.

BTW I called the number above and they were absolutely useless - it's the number for "AcuraLink Emergency Services" and they cannot take complaints about AcuraLink. The number to call apparently is 800-382-2238 for Acura Customer Service.

Last edited by Waetherman; 12-15-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2020 | 11:00 AM
Banned

I've never used AcuraLink because I frankly think having my car connected to my phone is more of a security risk than not having the app to use. But I looked at the AcuraLink web page and if you use the app, it seems like a decent price for what you're getting. It's under $10/month. If they didn't have different packages, they'd probably charge you like $25 or $30/month and you wouldn't be using a lot of the services. I bought the remote start when I got my car, instead. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have even done that, since I never use it. But I don't know why you care that much about having tire pressure on your app. Like are you out checking your tire pressure at the club or something? Door lock status is more understandable, but since it lets you remotely lock your door from anywhere, you could just lock it if you're worried. I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

Quick Reply: Design change to AcuraLink App?