Dealers want the CDX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I previously had a Infiniti EX-35 which was 182 inches in length, while my new RDX is 187 inches. I understand why vehicles models get bigger as new generations come out but I would have preferred a bit smaller size comparable to the old EX-35, which would have fit my needs better. Having said that, the RDX is way more refined than my older EX-35 in just the technology and comfort alone, besides all the other attributes. So the extra size of the RDX will also come in handy from time to time for me but it was not the deciding factor for me in getting it.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Drifting

Received 587 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by hans471
My wife thinks our RDX is far too big for her to drive. She loves her Honda Fit and wishes Acura would make a version of it! She thought about an HRV but even it seemed too big. As for a CDX, just a fancy, and expensive, HR-V. My dealer (and what do they know anyway?) says Acura will not go with a smaller car or SUV but I read articles that say they will be out this year. Hey, you saw it on the internet...it must be true!
Sedan sales continue to slide, SUV sales keep going up or at least remaining relatively steady. Back in the 1950's and '60's Station Wagons were the hot vehicles.. then mini-vans...but now its SUV's. Tastes change. Yesterday's hot car is tomorrow's "Mom's kid hauler" or an "old man's car". Styles come and go. I am sure Acura looks at the numbers really hard to see if its worth it. It costs a lot of money to bring out a new model.

BTW: The new Honda Fit isn't coming to the US. Seems the Fit and the HR-V were built on the same assembly line and after the HR-V came out they just sold so many they wouldn't switch back to the lower profit Fit. Some Fits are imported from Japan but they don't sell like they did since the HR-V came out. We want a new Fit.....not a second SUV!
Have you looked at CR-V? CR-V is much easier to see out of than RDX, especially to the rear. That's the biggest issue I have with RDX; rearward visibility is terrible and I'm completely dependent on the cameras and cross-traffic monitor.

Overall, CR-V is a very practical, unoffensive vehicle. My daughter is happy with hers, and she's notoriously persnickety.

IMO Acura should consolidate their line and focus on quality, not dilute their image by trying to migrate down-market. But they don't seem to care what I think.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 910 Likes on 693 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Too true, look what they did to the ILX, and people are still buying what amounts to a gussied up previous-generation Civic. The average car buyer doesn't even know the difference between a V6 and I6, let alone what car is based on what.
Exactly! Nobody really cares what car is based on what. If it looks good and is comfortable they are sold. It doesn't even have to really drive well or be quick or anything. Just attractive design, decent price and that's all they care about.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:58 AM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander
Have you looked at CR-V? CR-V is much easier to see out of than RDX, especially to the rear. That's the biggest issue I have with RDX; rearward visibility is terrible and I'm completely dependent on the cameras and cross-traffic monitor.

Overall, CR-V is a very practical, unoffensive vehicle. My daughter is happy with hers, and she's notoriously persnickety..
We owned several generations of the CR-V and liked them all. Last CR-V we had was the 2017 Touring that I traded in on my '19 RDX. I loved my CR-V's as they are roomy and got good fuel economy but for me the RDX is just a much nicer vehicle than the CR-V; As for he wife, the CR-V is just too big, she is in love with her EX-L Fit. I also love the Fit to run around town in. Its one very fun car to drive.

BTW: Within our family there have been over 35 new Honda's purchased over the past twenty or thirty years and currently there are three or four CR=V's, all of which are well loved by their owners.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:05 AM
Drifting

Received 587 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by hans471
We owned several generations of the CR-V and liked them all. Last CR-V we had was the 2017 Touring that I traded in on my '19 RDX. I loved my CR-V's as they are roomy and got good fuel economy but for me the RDX is just a much nicer vehicle than the CR-V; As for he wife, the CR-V is just too big, she is in love with her EX-L Fit. I also love the Fit to run around town in. Its one very fun car to drive.

BTW: Within our family there have been over 35 new Honda's purchased over the past twenty or thirty years and currently there are three or four CR=V's, all of which are well loved by their owners.
That's an impressive love affair with Honda, and I'd hate to break it up, but Prius? Or go full Austin Powers and get a Mini. Yeah, Baby.