AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   All Weather Mats and Cargo Tray (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/all-weather-mats-cargo-tray-970632/)

catbert430 06-11-2018 02:27 PM

All Weather Mats and Cargo Tray

In my TLX, I had the Acura all-weather mats and cargo tray.
They were more like vinyl than rubber but, I was OK with them.

This time around, I was planning to spend the extra cash and get WeatherTech floor liners and cargo mat but, they don't have anything yet.
They will let me know when they are available.

What say you?
Better to wait for WeatherTech or get the Acura ones again? The Acura mats seem to be rubber now and have a higher wall and are cheaper. The cargo tray still looks plasticky but, it does fold where it needs to and I appreciate that.

I got a set of WeatherTech Car Coasters for the cupholders. They're quite nice. Even though they are round and our cupholders are not, they adapt.

Meto 06-11-2018 04:04 PM

I just received my 2019 on Saturday and it came with the All Weather mats, but not the cargo tray. The mats are really thick and I would put them up against the Weathertech brand as being just as good. I saw a Cargo Tray in the Service area and almost bought it as it had nice high sides and definitely would keep bags of groceries from falling over, but I had one from my last vehicle that will work for now.

MI-RDX 06-12-2018 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by catbert430 (Post 16247443)
...I was planning to spend the extra cash and get WeatherTech floor liners and cargo mat but, they don't have anything yet.
They will let me know when they are available.

What say you?...

I can't speak to the Acura OEM mats as I don't even own the vehicle (yet).

Having owned multiple vehicles over the years with OEM mats and WeatherTechs I'd say if you're willing to spend the money on WTs give a very serious look at 3D Maxpider liners ( https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...agu-floor-mats ). IMO they look a lot better (so much so that while I usually swap the all weather mats out for carpet mats for the summer these stay in year 'round), fit better and come with a 3 year warranty. They're also thicker than the WTs so should provide a bit more sound deadening.

Like the WTs there's nothing available yet for the '19 RDX.

guytdt 06-12-2018 07:23 PM

I cannot find the one for 2019 any where

catbert430 06-12-2018 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by guytdt (Post 16248185)
I cannot find the one for 2019 any where

If you want Acura OEM mats, go to Curry Acura's eBay store.
Link: Acura OEM Mats

As mentioned by several people, WeatherTech and MaxPider mats do not yet exist for the 2019 RDX.

catbert430 06-13-2018 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meto (Post 16247524)
I just received my 2019 on Saturday and it came with the All Weather mats, but not the cargo tray. The mats are really thick and I would put them up against the Weathertech brand as being just as good. I saw a Cargo Tray in the Service area and almost bought it as it had nice high sides and definitely would keep bags of groceries from falling over, but I had one from my last vehicle that will work for now.

Just curious: When they delivered the car with the all-weather mats, did they put the standard carpet mats in the cargo area or did they withhold them?

Meto 06-13-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by catbert430 (Post 16248516)
Just curious: When they delivered the car with the all-weather mats, did they put the standard carpet mats in the cargo area or did they withhold them?

No, they gave them to me

chickdr 06-13-2018 03:07 PM

I have been very happy with the OEM all weather and cargo mats in our 16. Robust construction with nice high sides. Carpet looks brand new after 49k miles.

catbert430 06-13-2018 03:16 PM

The OEMs on my TLX were sort of plasticky and left a lot of carpet exposed.
The ones for the RDX are a bit more expensive and appear to be way better.
I will probably go with the OEMs as WeatherTech doesn't seem to be in a hurry to produce their version and they have a tendency to price them higher, never discount, and charge too much for shipping.

Wander 06-14-2018 09:08 PM

I have gone back and forth between WeatherTech and OEM Honda/Acura "all-weather" floor mats for years ( decades? ), and I think the latest version of the OEM all-weather mat is the best yet. I don't think I will regret buying them.

I like the OEM folding cargo tray for easy access to the storage cubby. For really sloppy stuff, the continuous raised lip of the WeatherTech cargo tray may be better. I have used both.

catbert430 06-25-2018 10:11 PM

WeatherTech told me today that it will be at least 12 weeks before they will have floor liners or cargo liners for the 2019 RDX ready.
I think I'll get the OEM cargo liner now since it folds and has openings for the hooks for the net The WeatherTech won't have those useful features.
I can think about the floor mats in the Fall.

acuraada 06-25-2018 10:24 PM

I've had WeatherTech mats on all of my cars, OEM mats are the first thing I replace. That being said, being in a new car market now, I think the OEM all weather mats have come a long way, the mats I saw on GLC and Acura seem like quality stuff.
I guess offshore manufacturing has caught up. I would totally stick with them especially if you can get the dealers to throw them in for free.

catbert430 06-25-2018 10:28 PM

Too impatient to wait.
Just ordered cargo tray and cargo net from Curry Acura with free shipping and ordered OEM all-weather mats from another vendor who had a better price ($104.95 + $14.95 shipping).

I'm sure I'll be satisfied with them.

acuraada 06-25-2018 10:34 PM

good call, I like the RDX emblem, kind of sick of staring at WeatherTech all these years.

mcrompton 06-26-2018 08:51 AM

I ordered the cargo mat. I like that it can fold. I have WeatherTech now on my MDX and since it can't fold I never used the under floor storage.

birdonamission 06-26-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by mcrompton (Post 16255125)
I ordered the cargo mat. I like that it can fold. I have WeatherTech now on my MDX and since it can't fold I never used the under floor storage.

The WeatherTech cargo mat for the '19 RDX had better fold or else no one (or hardly anyone) will buy them. It would suck to have to prop up a solid sheet of rubber, or one-hand it, just to access the great, new under-floor storage, especially the ones in the back. Thanks, but no thanks.

Wander 06-26-2018 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by birdonamission (Post 16255133)
The WeatherTech cargo mat for the '19 RDX had better fold or else no one (or hardly anyone) will buy them. It would suck to have to prop up a solid sheet of rubber, or one-hand it, just to access the great, new under-floor storage, especially the ones in the back. Thanks, but no thanks.

WeatherTech cargo tray doesn't fold for MDX or Pilot, and those have nice big cubbies. I see no reason to expect that it would fold for RDX.

Having said that, the thing is made of relatively thin material, and it is shipped folded over in a box. It just won't hinge and stay neatly folded back like the OEM version.

I have read good things about Husky and Maxliner mats/trays, if you want to keep shopping. But I haven't used those products.

Stew4HD 06-29-2018 08:07 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...47f35cff42.jpg

Driver's side
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...e4ec5680d6.jpg

Backseat
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...b01b457763.jpg

Folding cargo mat

acuraada 06-29-2018 08:22 AM

The front mat locks and cargo folding makes WeatherTech a moot option.

jcardona1 06-29-2018 10:34 AM

These OEM all-weather mats look vastly superior to anything WeatherTech has ever made. The fit & finish is perfect as you would expect from OEM.

iforyou 06-30-2018 02:02 AM

Got these for free and they look good and fitment is great!

Dizzyg12 06-30-2018 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by iforyou (Post 16257217)
Got these for free and they look good and fitment is great!

yeah I usually pass on the all weather mats but there’s no way I Buy this without the mats and cargo tray thrown in. They look great!

quantum7 06-30-2018 06:47 AM

Those look really good. thanks for posting pics! I used to switch between the carpets and all weather mats by season, but now I just leave the mats in all of the time. These look much better than the WeatherTechs in wife's truck.

Stew4HD 06-30-2018 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by quantum7 (Post 16257245)
Those look really good. thanks for posting pics! I used to switch between the carpets and all weather mats by season, but now I just leave the mats in all of the time. These look much better than the WeatherTechs in wife's truck.

You are most welcome.

MI-RDX 06-30-2018 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by quantum7 (Post 16257245)
..These look much better than the WeatherTechs in wife's truck.

I couldn't agree more. To me WT's look more like pickup truck bed liners than automotive floor mats. Best looking aftermarket mats I've seen are the 3D Maxpiders.

quantum7 06-30-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD (Post 16257261)
You are most welcome.

btw....great to see you back online, and especially driving an RDX.
I am probably going to be in one within the year.

birdonamission 06-30-2018 09:55 PM

I have the OEM all-weather mats and cargo tray for my '17 and they're excellent. The 17's front and rear passenger mats basically look identical to the pictures of the '19's shown on here...very durable and look great. I highly recommend the OEMs -- Acura nailed them.

Wander 07-01-2018 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by acuraada (Post 16256784)
The front mat locks and cargo folding makes WeatherTech a moot option.

Recent WeatherTech floor mats have the locking tab sites and they usually have better coverage under the driver's pedals and dead pedal area relative to OEM. So for the worst winter slop, the WeatherTechs may be superior. But they do look more utilitarian than the OEMs.

OEM are very careful about floor mats under the pedal area after the Toyota unintended acceleration fiasco.

MI-RDX 07-01-2018 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wander (Post 16257743)
...for the worst winter slop, the WeatherTechs may be superior. But they do look more utilitarian than the OEMs...

I'm getting the OEM's as a stopgap until better 3rd party ones become available. I hope that 3M Maxpider will be one of them. I have them now and they are functionally as good as WTs and look and fit much better - plus a 3 year warranty for the same price.

birdonamission 07-02-2018 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wander (Post 16257743)
So for the worst winter slop, the WeatherTechs may be superior.

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16257759)
I'm getting the OEM's as a stopgap until better 3rd party ones become available. I hope that 3M Maxpider will be one of them. I have them now and they are functionally as good as WTs and look and fit much better - plus a 3 year warranty for the same price.

As far as "winter slop," what's wrong with the OEMs all-weathers handling that? I've been through 2 winters with my '17 and they have had not one iota of a problem dealing with the any of that.

MI-RDX 07-02-2018 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by birdonamission (Post 16257925)
...what's wrong with the OEMs all-weathers...

For me it's as much esthetics as functionality. The 3D Maxpiders look better than many carpet mats and, IMO, better than any other all weather mats.

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...agu-floor-mats

Dizzyg12 07-02-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16257931)
For me it's as much esthetics as functionality. The 3D Maxpiders look better than many carpet mats and, IMO, better than any other all weather mats.

they do look nice!

birdonamission 07-02-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by MI-RDX (Post 16257931)

I understand, but there's really nothing wrong with the way the OEMs look...not that the Maxspiders don't look good -- I agree they look very nice. But, the OEMs don't look bad at all to me. I know, eye of the beholder...

You would have a stronger case if you start talking about pricing, if they're considerably cheaper. (I only saw Jeep in the drop down for '19 models at that link you posted.)

MI-RDX 07-02-2018 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by birdonamission (Post 16257939)
...You would have a stronger case if you start talking about pricing, if they're considerably cheaper. (I only saw Jeep in the drop down for '19 models at that link you posted.)

OEM for '19 RDX F&R - $175
Maxpider for '18 RDX F&R ('19 not available yet) - $151 w/free shipping and 3 year warranty.

Rexorg 07-02-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by catbert430 (Post 16248207)
If you want Acura OEM mats, go to Curry Acura's eBay store.
Link: Acura OEM Mats

As mentioned by several people, WeatherTech and MaxPider mats do not yet exist for the 2019 RDX.

I’ve dealt with Curry for years. They offer quick service at good prices compared to Acura dealerships. OEM accessories are usually the best option, albeit not the cheapest. Park Acura also sells on eBay. They are about the same in pricing. Most people don’t know it, but you can negotiate prices with sellers on eBay. I’ve done it a couple times when buying Acura accessories from the two dealerships.

acuraada 07-02-2018 12:09 PM

Why such a bad review on amazon for the maxpider?

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Fiat 500L Models - Kagu Rubber (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSZQW9I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UYLoBbNJ4C5PE

MI-RDX 07-02-2018 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by acuraada (Post 16257977)

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Fiat 500L Models - Kagu Rubber (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSZQW9I..._UYLoBbNJ4C5PE

No idea. :dunno: I've had nothing but good experience with them. Might be just a 'one off' production issue, happens to all manufacturers - or abuse by the purchaser. I know I won't hesitate to buy them again.

Check the reviews on the AutoAnything.com link I provided - totally different.

catbert430 07-02-2018 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by acuraada (Post 16257977)

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Fiat 500L Models - Kagu Rubber (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSZQW9I..._UYLoBbNJ4C5PE

Those reviews are for a Fiat 500L.
The reviews for a Honda Accord, for example, are excellent.
Perhaps people who buy Fiat 500Ls are as odd as Fiat 500Ls?

They do look nice but, I'm happy with the OEMs. Got them for $104.95 on eBay.

oblio98 07-04-2018 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rexorg (Post 16257953)

I’ve dealt with Curry for years. They offer quick service at good prices compared to Acura dealerships. OEM accessories are usually the best option, albeit not the cheapest. Park Acura also sells on eBay. They are about the same in pricing. Most people don’t know it, but you can negotiate prices with sellers on eBay. I’ve done it a couple times when buying Acura accessories from the two dealerships.

I just ordered the high wall floor mats and the RDX cargo tray from Curry. I've used them in the past and they've always been great. They still don't have 2019 in their system, but on their parts home page they list a lot of the 2019 RDX accessories so you don't have to use eBay if you're looking for 2019 RDX stuff from Curry. They are selling the Remote Engine Starter for $299, but you still need to get the receiver installed and the fobs programming, which ain't cheap. https://www.curryacuraparts.com/

SK1124 07-04-2018 11:36 AM

wow. I'm dumb. Pretty new to the car world, so I didn't realize you can get these things so much cheaper from a third party (and they are 100% legit and not even knockoffs!). I regret buying the rear tray, all weather mats and rear seat cover from my dealer! Could of saved some coin! Ah well. Nice to know I can pick up other accessories online if needed down the road. Thanks for the link!