AcuraLink Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Angry AcuraLink Problems

Before the October 19 (4.0.7) AcuaLink update I had ability to view the Tire Pressure that showed what is was when the car was last turned off. I don’t see it any more.

After the last update for car took effect in late August I lost ability to use AcuaLink remotely to send addressed through the app when car is off. Now when I attempt to send to car I get "Send to Car Failed.... Please try again" again never works. I processed a case # but the person just said I've not heard about this issue & will check into it & get back to me. I have not heard a thing back after months.

With all the overall issues Acura is having with electronics there is no way to really know for sure if they intended to remove these features or the cause if a result of the incompetent people (organizations) they have working on updates.

I loved the map feature that allowed me to sit anywhere & send multiple locations to the car when it was off & be able to review & save them when I turned the car on.

Is anyone else having a problem as I described? If so, were you able to do anything to fix it?

Old 10-18-2019, 12:42 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
I got my car a week and a half ago. I updated the system on delivery. I am able to see tire pressure on the app. I don't get an error message when I try to send an address - it looks like it goes through. But I've done it three times and only got it to work once, so clearly there are some issues.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Your profile does not show any information of which RDX you have. If you have a 2020, it may be that your 3 month free trial of the Concierge and Remote packages have expired. The Security package is the only one which is free for 5 years.

Open the AcuraLink app, and click on the "head & shoulders" icon in the top left corner. Next, under the "Manage Subscriptions" heading, select which of your Acura vehicles you want to check (if you have more than one). The next screen will show all the expiry dates of each package.

My Concierge and Remote packages expired exactly 3 months after purchasing the RDX (September 12) without warning. I waited until September 18 thinking the AcuraLink problem would fix itself before I realized the packages had expired.

I wanted to attach the screen capture of my Android screen, but Acura doesn't allow screen caps . To summarize my screen, Concierge has already expired on Sept 12, 2019, Remote will expire Sept 18, 2020, and Security will expire June 9, 2023.

Last edited by RDX-Rick; 10-18-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:19 AM
Instructor

Question

Hi Rick, I have a 2019 RDX I bought in August 2018. When I got the car it came with all 3 of AcuraLink's packages free for either 6 or 12 months. (Concierge, Remote & Security) Back in Feb. 2019 I extended the Remote package until Feb 2020 & let the other 2 lapse.

With all the overall issues Acura is having with electronics there is no way to really know for sure if they intended to remove the following feature or the cause if a result of the incompetent people (organizations) they have working on updates. Here's my question again: Before the last OTA Infotainment car update in late August (D.1.1.4) I was able to use AcuaLink remotely from anywhere to send addresses through the app's Map to the car even when car was off. Since then, when I attempt to send it does not work & I get "Send to Car Failed.... Please try again"; again never works.

It seems the only way I can send directions to the car is when it’s on & I'm connected by Bluetooth. Very inconvenient. I loved the AcuaLink map feature that allowed me to send multiple locations to the car when it was off from just about anywhere & than be able to review & save them to navigation system when I turned the car on.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, were you able to do anything to fix it?

Last edited by Mark S Long Island; 10-25-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:41 AM
Pro

Since you have an active "Remote Package", I can confirm that you should be able to send navigation destinations to your RDX at any time with version D.1.1.4, since I am actually doing it without any problems.

I admit that I have seen the "Please Try Again" message on 1-2 occasions, but when I made the 2nd attempt, it went OK.

Can you send other commands to your RDX such as "lock doors", "flash lights", or "start engine". Can you "receive" information from your RDX. When you select "status update" on the app, does the "last updated" date and time show the current time? Does the "fuel remaining" and "range" numbers update, because I also had that problem before and resolved it.

If all the above things work OK, then my suggestion would be to reset the entire system. This can be done via the hidden menus on the infotainment system, and I expect disconnecting the battery momentarily would have the same effect. Of course when you do this you will lose all your pre-set radio stations and home screen layout. You will also find your infotainment system is security locked when you first turn it on again, but the instructions on the screen will tell you to push and hold the power button to reset the security.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Starting car remotely does work & I do see accurate mileage, fuel & oil levels as well as range on tank... Tire Pressure no longer shows & AcuraLink told me they took Tire Pressure feature away from app. No Biggy. I've not used the "lock doors", "flash lights" feature, so I can't say if they work.

I've held off resetting the entire system via the hidden menus mentioned in this forum because Acura has not come out & said that's the fix for all my issues. Also that would mean I'd have to reenter all personal settings as well as navigation & radio settings. VERY TIME COMSUMING....

HUD arrow direction is another huge problem since Feb 2019 OTA update & was not fixed with D.1.1.4 in late August. I’m nearly at the point to try resetting the entire system via the hidden menus just to see if everything Acura says the car is supposed to do & what I’m paying for, works. But even if it does, there no saying the next OTA update version does not mess things up again as the ones in the past have.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:35 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Tire pressure shows for me in the AcuraLink app. As far as I know I have the latest version.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island
Starting car remotely does work & I do see accurate mileage, fuel & oil levels as well as range on tank... Tire Pressure no longer shows & AcuraLink told me they took Tire Pressure feature away from app.
Tire pressure should be working, as AcuraLink did not take that feature away from the app.

I think you should proceed with the system reset, and you might possibly resolve your problems immediately. It might mean that you will have to select your favorite radio stations again, which takes moments if you wrote down your favorites before resetting. You can resend your Nav destinations using the "Send to Car History" in the app. It's possible you might also reset your trip odometers.

If you still can't send maps to the RDX, or still can't see tire pressures, then get the RDX back for some warranty repairs so that you can start enjoying the features you paid for.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:03 PM
Drifting

Received 587 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
Your profile does not show any information of which RDX you have. If you have a 2020, it may be that your 3 month free trial of the Concierge and Remote packages have expired. The Security package is the only one which is free for 5 years.

Open the AcuraLink app, and click on the "head & shoulders" icon in the top left corner. Next, under the "Manage Subscriptions" heading, select which of your Acura vehicles you want to check (if you have more than one). The next screen will show all the expiry dates of each package.

My Concierge and Remote packages expired exactly 3 months after purchasing the RDX (September 12) without warning. I waited until September 18 thinking the AcuraLink problem would fix itself before I realized the packages had expired.

I wanted to attach the screen capture of my Android screen, but Acura doesn't allow screen caps . To summarize my screen, Concierge has already expired on Sept 12, 2019, Remote will expire Sept 18, 2020, and Security will expire June 9, 2023.
The USA package of "complimentary" AcuraLink subscriptions is different from your Canadian package. For my 2019 Advance, concierge and remote lapsed after 6 months, and security lapsed after one year. According to the AcuraLink website ( such as it is ), nothing has changed for 2020, and there is no indication that there are different packages for different trim levels.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:44 AM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
I'm not one to use the send destination feature very much. In fact, I've only used it once to see if it works and it does. My only gripe is I can't delete the history in the app. I called tech support and they confirmed there's no way to do it. Kinda dumb.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:07 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I'm not one to use the send destination feature very much. In fact, I've only used it once to see if it works and it does. My only gripe is I can't delete the history in the app. I called tech support and they confirmed there's no way to do it. Kinda dumb.
How about if you delete the vehicle, uninstall the app, and then re-install it?
That "should" work.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by Cuzz
How about if you delete the vehicle, uninstall the app, and then re-install it?
That "should" work.
Yup, tried all that. Seems the history is stored in an ancillary app like maybe Google Maps but deleting that data didn't work either. They tell me history might be cleared with an app update. In talking to tech support it was apparent they don't speak directly to the app developers.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:00 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Acura link almost Ok

New 2020 RDX. The only thing that doesn't work is sending maps to vehicle when it is shut down.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 127 Posts
Works for me. My directions are always waiting when I send to car and the car has been shutdown for any length of time.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:02 AM
Skeptic

I've gotten a couple updates in the past week or so to my Android version. Everything already worked though, so I don't see any changes.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery draining

i have a 2012 Acura TSX and I’m trying to disconnect the HFL does anyone know where it is located in my car?