2025 Acura RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2024, 07:57 PM
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
2025 Acura RDX

Hi all,

Just curious who on here plans to upgrade to the new, redesigned RDX? I've been watching some videos and I am not sure whether or not I am digging the new styling or not. I was going to hold off for it, but I decided buying a first-year model probably wasn't the smartest idea. However, since I am in a 3-year lease, I am hoping that the problem area(s) are corrected by 2027.

What do you all think of the RDX based on this video? Does anyone have any better videos of it?

Old 07-28-2024, 08:51 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 224 Likes on 151 Posts
I believe all those reviews are fake clickbait.

25 was announced as an MMR, but specific changes haven't been announced yet.

Given how 23 TLX sales tanked when the 24 was announced, I doubt 25 RDX changes will be announced until the 24 inventory clears out more.
The following 2 users liked this post by mvl:
anoop (07-31-2024), markm929 (07-29-2024)
Old 07-30-2024, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 92 Posts
I doubt I will. I got a steal on a 2021 during COVID and I’d be reluctant to throw away those gains so soon. Only thing that would instantly sway me is a surprise hybrid, which I know unlikely.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:10 AM
Drifting

Received 1,248 Likes on 906 Posts
Possible AI rendering? I hated how the narrator pronounced "Acura". Definitely not a professional journalist!
Old 07-31-2024, 11:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 394 Likes on 299 Posts
Everything on YouTube is clickbait. (Thanks Google, for creating a rubbish bin that we have to wade through. Pretty much the whole web is full of clickbait thanks to Google's ads.)

There have been no official announcements from Acura beyond this.
https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/acu...v-updates.html
"We're also told that the RDX and the brand's best-seller, the MDX, are both getting significant updates, which will go into effect for the 2025 model year."
That's it. There have also been no credible leaks.

I have a 2023 so probably won't upgrade until 2026 or 2027 depending on how many miles I drive. I hope to upgrade before I get to 4 yr/50,000 miles. I'm currently at 16 months and 16k miles.

Last edited by anoop; 07-31-2024 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-31-2024, 07:12 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 483 Likes on 225 Posts
I'm at 3 years in on my 22 RDX. I am looking at the next 'big' service, so that usually trips my 'Time for a new car' trigger. I am comfortable with the RDX so I don't really feel inclined to look elsewhere, and my wife and I both think the GV70 is ugly inside and out even though my co-worker loves his.

I just find it frustrating that there is zero point zero real information out there about the 25 RDX. The stuff that is out there is a joke
Old 07-31-2024, 09:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by oblio98
I'm at 3 years in on my 22 RDX. I am looking at the next 'big' service, so that usually trips my 'Time for a new car' trigger. I am comfortable with the RDX so I don't really feel inclined to look elsewhere, and my wife and I both think the GV70 is ugly inside and out even though my co-worker loves his.

I just find it frustrating that there is zero point zero real information out there about the 25 RDX. The stuff that is out there is a joke
Acura isn’t known for leaking or pre announcing their cars. The ZDX was a notable departure. Just wait it out. This is a good problem to have.
Old 08-01-2024, 07:29 AM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
Acura isn’t known for leaking or pre announcing their cars. The ZDX was a notable departure. Just wait it out. This is a good problem to have.
Finally saw one up close at a dealer the other day, A-Spec edition. Didnt hate it but man are they not selling! Overheard the sales team complaining about lack of demand. Apparently this dealer, which does a decent volume, has sold 2 send the release. Ouch!
Old 08-01-2024, 08:20 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Twism86
Finally saw one up close at a dealer the other day, A-Spec edition. Didnt hate it but man are they not selling! Overheard the sales team complaining about lack of demand. Apparently this dealer, which does a decent volume, has sold 2 send the release. Ouch!
In the first half of 2024, more than 50% of Teslas being traded in are for ICE vehicles. While this number drops every year, prior EV owners are also migrating to hybrid and PHEVs!
By the time Acura has its first in-house designed EV, it may still be fighting the demand for hybrids and PHEVs!
Old 08-01-2024, 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 329 Likes on 240 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
In the first half of 2024, more than 50% of Teslas being traded in are for ICE vehicles. While this number drops every year, prior EV owners are also migrating to hybrid and PHEVs!
By the time Acura has its first in-house designed EV, it may still be fighting the demand for hybrids and PHEVs!
Doesn't sound like accurate information. Tesla sales and loyalty are some of the highest in the industry. PHEV are a waste of time - two separate energy sources you have to fuel/charge up independently. Hybrid is the only way to go.
Old 08-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
Doesn't sound like accurate information. Tesla sales and loyalty are some of the highest in the industry. PHEV are a waste of time - two separate energy sources you have to fuel/charge up independently. Hybrid is the only way to go.
Here ya go:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/tes...-gas-cars.html

There's a nice table that shows the migration pattern since 2019. You really thought I made this up?
Old 08-01-2024, 12:44 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
YouTube is turning into a cesspool of misinformation and speculation in the automotive world with so many AI generated videos. None of these videos are official Acura releases. What gets me is that people cannot tell the difference.
The following 2 users liked this post by garylee55:
amcobra (08-01-2024), markm929 (08-01-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 12:48 PM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
The 2025 MDX has been out for a couple of months now. The touchpad is gone and the infotainment screen is now a touchscreen and has been moved forward. THere are also some small exterior styling tweaks. The dealers still have a large amount of '24 RDXs on the lot.
Old 08-02-2024, 07:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by swttsx007
Hi all,

Just curious who on here plans to upgrade to the new, redesigned RDX? I've been watching some videos and I am not sure whether or not I am digging the new styling or not. I was going to hold off for it, but I decided buying a first-year model probably wasn't the smartest idea. However, since I am in a 3-year lease, I am hoping that the problem area(s) are corrected by 2027.

What do you all think of the RDX based on this video? Does anyone have any better videos of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXljZ1xHcM
This garbage shows up on my feed too. It's AI generated junk from accounts with a couple of hundred subscribers.

It seems like they are keeping the 2025 details under wraps. As someone says before, it kills the current model when details of a refresh are announced. The incentives on the RDX are priced to clear things out right now. I'm at the end of my TLX lease and debating keeping it or getting into a 24 RDX. The incentives make it tempting, but don't want buyer's remorse if the changes are pretty big. If it's minor things like a digital dash and updated infotainment system, I'd be fine missing out. If it's a major change to the body style, I'd regret jumping on it. I'd LOVE for them to release a hybrid RDX....but that would be a major pivot from them going 'all-in' with electric. But with the upcoming ADX being built on the Honda ZRV platform, it sounds like the door could be open. The question would be if they feel like a hybrid RDX would cannibalize ZDX sales....

Old 08-03-2024, 10:18 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All these videos are rubbish, if the 2025 MDX is any indication of what to expect of the RDX, the changes will be subtle. Prior to the release of the MDX the net was filled with videos like this. It looked like Acura was going to make some really big changes. When the 2025 finally appeared on dealer lots, you really had to pay attention to distinguish a 2024 Advance from a 2025. A non-Acura owner would never know the difference on the road. I expect the same is going to happen with the RDX. People who wait to buy the 2025 will wish they had taken advantage of the incentives on the 2024.
Old 08-03-2024, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 92 Posts
You might be missing the point of PHEV. You only have to add fuel for long trips. Otherwise, it works like an EV and you rarely have to fill-up. If you're constantly gassing and charging, then it's true, PHEV isn't for you. But for a massive slice of customers who use their car mostly for short trips to work or the store, it's the best of both worlds. PHEV are also usually much more sporty to drive than the traditional hybrid.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmhumr:
ESHBG (08-04-2024), mantan (08-03-2024)
Old 08-03-2024, 02:59 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by jmhumr
You might be missing the point of PHEV. You only have to add fuel for long trips. Otherwise, it works like an EV and you rarely have to fill-up. If you're constantly gassing and charging, then it's true, PHEV isn't for you. But for a massive slice of customers who use their car mostly for short trips to work or the store, it's the best of both worlds. PHEV are also usually much more sporty to drive than the traditional hybrid.
You wouldn’t believe how many people think that once the battery is empty, that’s it and it becomes full ICE. So many people don’t understand that it becomes a regular hybrid once the battery is “empty”. Even enthusiasts don’t understand it sometimes, let alone the general public.
Old 08-04-2024, 12:01 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I was at the Acura dealer in Sherman Oaks CA yesterday, and the salesman told me they have 100 ZDXs on the lot since nobody is buying them. I thought he was exaggerating until I checked online and saw they actually have 118.
I'm debating on whether to get a new or used MDX or RDX so I wanted to see a 2025 MDX for myself. I'm not a youngster so I didn't really like the touch-screen at all, especially since you need to lean forward a little to use it (and I'm 6'1" with long arms). I also didn't think the B&O sound system sounded quite as good as the ELS. I imagine the next RDX will also have the touch-screen and B&O so I probably wouldn't want that either.
Therefore I think I'll end up getting a 22-24 RDX or MDX and selling my beloved 2013 TL. The RDX is perfect for me, but I sure would love to have that bullet-proof naturally aspirated V-6 instead of a turbo-4.
The following users liked this post:
anoop (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 12:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cygnus_X1
I was at the Acura dealer in Sherman Oaks CA yesterday, and the salesman told me they have 100 ZDXs on the lot since nobody is buying them. I thought he was exaggerating until I checked online and saw they actually have 118.
I'm debating on whether to get a new or used MDX or RDX so I wanted to see a 2025 MDX for myself. I'm not a youngster so I didn't really like the touch-screen at all, especially since you need to lean forward a little to use it (and I'm 6'1" with long arms). I also didn't think the B&O sound system sounded quite as good as the ELS. I imagine the next RDX will also have the touch-screen and B&O so I probably wouldn't want that either.
Therefore I think I'll end up getting a 22-24 RDX or MDX and selling my beloved 2013 TL. The RDX is perfect for me, but I sure would love to have that bullet-proof naturally aspirated V-6 instead of a turbo-4.
Appreciate the feedback.

Not surprised ZDX is not selling. EV is out of favor and this is not even made by Acura.

if you have to lean forward to use the touch screen that’s a fail!

I’m not an audiophile so switch to b&o won’t matter for me.
Old 08-04-2024, 12:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fiatlux
You wouldn’t believe how many people think that once the battery is empty, that’s it and it becomes full ICE. So many people don’t understand that it becomes a regular hybrid once the battery is “empty”. Even enthusiasts don’t understand it sometimes, let alone the general public.
there’s the concept of stale gas so tank must be recycled which computer should take care of by running the engine even if plugged in all the time and the drives are all within ev range.

barring Toyota/lexus PHEVs have the worst reliability.

Last edited by anoop; 08-04-2024 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-04-2024, 07:14 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cygnus_X1
I thought ZDX was order online only. Why would they be sitting on lots?!!!
Old 08-04-2024, 08:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 539 Likes on 348 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
I thought ZDX was order online only. Why would they be sitting on lots?!!!
There are 47 within 30 miles of me and I have passed a few on the lots so if that was the original plan something changed. I have not seen one on the road yet but have seen many Lyriq's already and was recently inside of one, very nice, and they were including free charging for two years also.

Last edited by ESHBG; 08-04-2024 at 08:54 AM.
ELIN (08-04-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
There are 47 within 30 miles of me and I have passed a few on the lots so if that was the original plan something changed. I have not seen one on the road yet but have seen many Lyriq's already and was recently inside of one, very nice, and they were including free charging for two years also.
Same here. When I was looking at the RDX while my car was getting service, they made a hard push for the ZDX. They had at least 12 in the front row of the lot in addition to the one in the showroom. I'm in the DFW area and there over 80 in stock or in transit. I haven't seen one in the wild yet. With the market cooling for EVs and a high price tag....it seems like it'll be a tough sell.
ESHBG (08-05-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 02:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mantan
Same here. When I was looking at the RDX while my car was getting service, they made a hard push for the ZDX. They had at least 12 in the front row of the lot in addition to the one in the showroom. I'm in the DFW area and there over 80 in stock or in transit. I haven't seen one in the wild yet. With the market cooling for EVs and a high price tag....it seems like it'll be a tough sell.
won’t be surprised if they’re willing to deal especially on a lease with $20k off MSRP. It’s happening with Lexus RZ but that is probably worse than the ZDX (low range, no glovebox).
Old Today, 08:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 187 Posts
Brace yourselves for disappointment ...

• The Acura RDX has been given a minor facelift for 2025 that includes a frameless grille, gloss black trim on the base car, and new wheel and color options.
  • Interior upgrades are limited to larger cupholders in a redesigned console, leather seats with the Advance packages, and a widescreen Apple CarPlay/Android Auto mode.
  • The sole drivetrain remains a 272 hp, 2.0-liter turbo four that drives all four wheels through a 10-speed auto.

Additional images at link

Carscoops.com/2025RDX

Have you noticed that some cars and SUVs like the Audi Q7, Mercedes GLE, and Hyundai i30 are getting second facelifts to extend their lifespans, rather than being replaced altogether? Acura is employing the same tactics for the barely-changed 2025 RDX, whose most noticeable feature is a new grille.

The Diamond Pentagon grille retains its existing shape, but Acura has slimmed down the frame and came up with a new cross-hatch pattern for the center section. There are no other big visual changes, but several smaller ones. Base models now get sporty gloss black exterior trim and black 19-inch wheels, and posh Advance package models gain body-color lower trim and machine-finished rims.

Go for the more performance-themed A-Spec and you get more black trim and 10-spoke, 20-inch wheels in a shark gray finish, or in black if you pair the A-Spec trim with the Advance package. Acura has also introduced three new paint colors: Solar Silver, Canyon River Blue, and Urban Gray Pearl.

The interior changes also focus more on refining the details rather than ripping everything up and starting again. Existing RDX owners will recognize that the MY25 SUV’s console is new and now features bigger cupholders and easier access to the wireless smartphone charger. The 10.2-inch tablet-style infotainment screen also gets a widescreen display mode when the driver has Apple CarPlay or Android Auto activated.

And if you’ve splashed out on an RDX Advance or A-Spec with the Advance Package, Acura treats you to full leather upholstery, ambient lighting on the new console and additional lighting on the front and rear speaker cones that are mounted behind acid-etched speaker grilles.

One feature that hasn’t changed for 2025 is the powertrain. As in previous years, there’s only one, a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four that drives all four wheels through a 10-speed automatic transmission and is capable of sending up to 70 percent of the engine’s torque to the rear axle, and 100 percent of that 70 to the outside rear wheel to maximize agility.

Are these MY25 changes a little underwhelming given that it’s three years since Acura last facelifted the RDX and six years since the model debuted? Yeah, we think so, but potential buyers might not agree. Despite being the oldest cars in Acura’s lineup the RDX posted a 28 percent sales increase in the first six months of this year and was the only one of the automaker’s vehicles not to lose ground.

The following 3 users liked this post by HotRodW:
anoop (Today), oblio98 (Today), r-d (Today)
Old Today, 08:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Brace yourselves for disappointment ...

• The Acura RDX has been given a minor facelift for 2025 that includes a frameless grille, gloss black trim on the base car, and new wheel and color options.
  • Interior upgrades are limited to larger cupholders in a redesigned console, leather seats with the Advance packages, and a widescreen Apple CarPlay/Android Auto mode.
  • The sole drivetrain remains a 272 hp, 2.0-liter turbo four that drives all four wheels through a 10-speed auto.

Additional images at link

Carscoops.com/2025RDX

Have you noticed that some cars and SUVs like the Audi Q7, Mercedes GLE, and Hyundai i30 are getting second facelifts to extend their lifespans, rather than being replaced altogether? Acura is employing the same tactics for the barely-changed 2025 RDX, whose most noticeable feature is a new grille.

The Diamond Pentagon grille retains its existing shape, but Acura has slimmed down the frame and came up with a new cross-hatch pattern for the center section. There are no other big visual changes, but several smaller ones. Base models now get sporty gloss black exterior trim and black 19-inch wheels, and posh Advance package models gain body-color lower trim and machine-finished rims.

Go for the more performance-themed A-Spec and you get more black trim and 10-spoke, 20-inch wheels in a shark gray finish, or in black if you pair the A-Spec trim with the Advance package. Acura has also introduced three new paint colors: Solar Silver, Canyon River Blue, and Urban Gray Pearl.

The interior changes also focus more on refining the details rather than ripping everything up and starting again. Existing RDX owners will recognize that the MY25 SUV’s console is new and now features bigger cupholders and easier access to the wireless smartphone charger. The 10.2-inch tablet-style infotainment screen also gets a widescreen display mode when the driver has Apple CarPlay or Android Auto activated.

And if you’ve splashed out on an RDX Advance or A-Spec with the Advance Package, Acura treats you to full leather upholstery, ambient lighting on the new console and additional lighting on the front and rear speaker cones that are mounted behind acid-etched speaker grilles.

One feature that hasn’t changed for 2025 is the powertrain. As in previous years, there’s only one, a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four that drives all four wheels through a 10-speed automatic transmission and is capable of sending up to 70 percent of the engine’s torque to the rear axle, and 100 percent of that 70 to the outside rear wheel to maximize agility.

Are these MY25 changes a little underwhelming given that it’s three years since Acura last facelifted the RDX and six years since the model debuted? Yeah, we think so, but potential buyers might not agree. Despite being the oldest cars in Acura’s lineup the RDX posted a 28 percent sales increase in the first six months of this year and was the only one of the automaker’s vehicles not to lose ground.
Rumors - However, hard to believe there will be any major/significant changes with zippo from Acura on new models for 2025 (which would be the 7th year of production for the gen 3 RDX).
Old Today, 08:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Rumors - However, hard to believe there will be any major/significant changes with zippo from Acura on new models for 2025 (which would be the 7th year of production for the gen 3 RDX).
Not rumors. If not legit, I would have indicated so. Here's the official press release:

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...nctive%20look.

August 7, 2024 — TORRANCE, Calif.

2025 Acura RDX gains more distinctive look with new "frameless" Diamond Pentagon grille and aggressive grille mesh
Functionality of center console enhanced with increased storage and easier access to wireless smartphone charger
New wide-screen mode added for standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ compatibility
Acura today introduced its refreshed RDX performance SUV that takes the brand's popular 5-passenger SUV to an even higher level with sophisticated styling, updated cabin and enhanced technology. The 2025 Acura RDX gains a new "frameless" Diamond Pentagon grille and aggressive grille mesh for a more distinctive look. The cabin experience is improved with a redesigned center console with increased storage, larger cupholders and easier access to the wireless smartphone charger. Moreover, the standard 10.2-inch HD center display now includes a new wide-screen mode for its standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ compatibility.

The 2025 RDX will begin arriving at Acura dealers nationwide later this month.

"This is the most premium RDX we've ever made," said Mike Langel, assistant vice president, Acura National Sales. "Our Acura performance SUV lineup has never been stronger as we continue to deliver on our commitment to advancing Precision Crafted Performance throughout the Acura lineup."

The Acura RDX has been an incredible success, with nearly 800,000 sold since it first came to market in 2006, and this year, RDX is one of the fastest growing models in its segment with sales up over 25%.

Styling Enhancements
Distinctive and sporty, the enhanced exterior styling of the new Acura RDX reflects the latest Acura design direction with a "frameless" Diamond Pentagon grille and more aggressive grille mesh. The standard RDX is further distinguished with premium gloss-black exterior trim. All RDX trims receive sportier wheel designs, including new standard Berlina Black 19-inch wheels. In addition, the 2025 RDX with Advance Package receives additional refinements with exclusive body-color lower exterior trim and redesigned Berlina Black Machine-finished 19-inch wheels with a distinct multi-spoke design.

The RDX A-Spec and A-Spec with Advance Package are designed for buyers who desire a sportier appearance with a more aggressive blacked-out exterior treatment, new 20-inch wheels and A-Spec badges. For additional visual attitude, new Berlina Black machine-finished 20-inch wheels are exclusive to the RDX A-Spec with Advance Package. RDX A-Spec features a new 10-spoke wheel design with a distinct Shark Gray finish.

The 2025 RDX is available in three exciting new paint colors: all-new Solar Silver Metallic, and—new to RDX—Canyon River Blue Metallic and Urban Gray Pearl, which are also available on the extensively refreshed 2025 MDX.

Updated Cabin
The RDX cabin gains improved form and function with a redesigned center console that offers increased storage, larger cupholders and easier access to the wireless smartphone charger. In addition, the standard 10.2-inch HD center display now features a new wide-screen mode for its standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ compatibility.

For an even more premium experience, the top-of-the-line RDX with Advance Package and A-Spec with Advance Package now feature full-leather upholstery, additional ambient lighting on the new center console, and dramatically lit front- and rear-door speaker cones behind acid-etched speaker grilles.

In addition to the all-new features, the following are highlights of the 2025 Acura RDX:
  • RDX features the signature Acura four element JewelEye® LED headlights and "Chicane" LED daytime running lights and brake lights.
  • Turbocharged 2.0-liter VTEC® 4-cylinder is one of the most powerful standard engines in its class with 272 hp (SAE net @ 6500 rpm) and 280 lb.-ft. of torque (SAE net @ 1600-4500 rpm), paired with a sport-tuned 10-speed automatic transmission.
  • Power is distributed through Acura's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system with true torque vectoring. The rear-biased system is capable of sending up to 70% of torque to the rear axle, and 100% of that to the outside rear wheel for superior line trace.
  • Sport-tuned suspension and standard 19-inch wheels, available 20-inch wheels.
  • Available Adaptive Damper System with three different damping profiles.
  • Four-mode Integrated Dynamics System with Snow, Comfort, Normal and Sport modes.
  • High-tech interior with a standard 10.2-inch HD center display with True Touchpad Interface™ and new wide-screen mode, Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto™ compatibility and available Qi-compatible wireless charging.
  • Driver-focused cabin with available open-pore wood, Milano leather and 16-way power adjustable front seats.
  • Acura Iconic Drive™ ambient lighting, part of the Technology Package, offers 27 unique interior lighting color combinations including 24 inspired by iconic driving destinations around the world
  • Available 16-Speaker, 710-watt ELS STUDIO 3D® premium audio system enhances the listening experience for front and rear passengers.
  • RDX sets the benchmark for both active and passive safety performance in the premium 5-passenger SUV class with the proprietary ACE™ body structure and the AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies – all standard.
  • Standard AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver assistive technologies includes blind spot information (BSI), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low Speed Follow, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) system, Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) System, Traffic Sign Recognition and Rear Cross Traffic Monitor.
  • RDX comes standard with the latest digital services including three years of AcuraLink™ Security and Remote packages, at no extra cost.
RDX Manufacturing
Designed and developed in America, the third-generation Acura RDX is manufactured* alongside the Acura MDX at the company's East Liberty Auto Plant in Ohio. The 2.0-liter VTEC® turbo engine that powers RDX is produced at the company's Anna Engine Plant in Ohio, while the SH-AWD™ system is manufactured at the Honda Transmission Plant in Ohio, with the 10-speed automatic transmission made in the Honda Transmission Plant in Georgia. The RDX was recently named among the Top 12 most American-made vehicles by Cars.com

* using domestic and globally-sourced parts

Old Today, 08:33 AM
Burning Brakes

And the official press release photos can be found at the same link by toggling from Release to Photos.

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...nctive%20look.

Last edited by HotRodW; Today at 08:38 AM.
Old Today, 08:44 AM
Burning Brakes

And the official press release photos ... https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...nctive%20look.
Thanks for correcting me HotRodW - just super disappointing (IMO) given only a mild facelift in 2022 and not a similar one for 2025. I was hoping for a new model to keep up with the competition - but most MFG's got hood winked with pressure to go all in on EV's with the crazy mandates - and only building 4 charging stations for 4 billion $$$ and demand falling off of a cliff for everything EV besides Tesla. Now with the slowing economy, lots filling up with new and used vehicles - most MFG's will not invest in new models till the smoke clears.
Old Today, 08:59 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,600 Likes on 962 Posts
I was expecting more as well but at the same time, the current model is selling well and it seems like due a massive shift in EV market, Honda/Acura have changed their strategy and extended the life cycle of RDX for another year or so. Probably, they were thinking of going full EV and now they are reconsidering and keeping the current RDX. It's very obvious as they did not change the infotainment and the analog gauges.

This is definitely a patch and we will see in 2025 as a 2026 model a brand new, redesigned RDX.
Old Today, 09:20 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting, they kept the Panasonic OEM Audio. So either the MDX is going to be around longer or this gen RDX has only a year or two, or three.
Old Today, 09:22 AM
8th Gear

Can't wait to see the lease deals on the ZDX at the end of the year.
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 303 Likes on 195 Posts
The only surprise with the update is that the touchpad is still there - I wonder what the holdup was for that as the work is largely done with the MDX implementation. If you're already redesigning the centre console (with all new parts) then just get on with getting rid of the touchpad.
anoop (Today)
Old Today, 10:25 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 483 Likes on 225 Posts
Thanks for the info, @HotRodW

Not sure if I'm underwhelmed or surprised. Bigger cup holders? Oh My!

I think I would miss throwing stuff in the storage area of the 19-24 cars where the USB port is in as this new configuration has the phone charger in that spot. I'd have to see it. The larger screen area for CarPlay is nice. Nothing listed makes me want to rush over to the dealership and pre-order though. Could be a wait and see as I feel no need to be first in line.
HotRodW (Today)
Old Today, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

2025 rdx

Total disappointment. No touchscreen, google assistant, or digital instrument cluster is a non-starter for me. Not to mention a price increase of course for basically no changes.
Old Today, 11:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pittben11
Total disappointment. No touchscreen, google assistant, or digital instrument cluster is a non-starter for me. Not to mention a price increase of course for basically no changes.
The money buy if you like the RDX is on a gently used 22-23 RDX (CPO with extended warranty - though extended warranty from Acura is very reasonable), as depreciation has taken effect - coupled with a upside down over supply and low demand of qualified buyers.
Old Today, 11:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Last sentence says it all. Why mess with success?

Here are my thoughts after looking at the info/photos: The lack of the touchscreen looks like a disappointment at first. However, given that in the MDX the touchscreen requires one to lean forward to reach it, I think they did the right thing by sticking with the touchpad until they can figure out how to position the touchscreen so it can be accessed comfortably. I'm neutral/don't care about any of the other changes or lack of changes. It's interesting that that stuck with ELS for the RDX.

Overall, I think it's still a very compelling buy in this segment.

Last edited by anoop; Today at 11:40 AM.
Old Today, 11:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anoop
Last sentence says it all. Why mess with success?
Cuz - 7 years for any model is long in the tooth, when other MFG's are bringing out newer models for consideration. I have had mine for almost 4 years, but there is zero enticement to get a newer one of the same model with super mild updates. So many other choices out there.

Plus, the RDX is Acura's sweet spot - as the MDX is like driving a school bus - but for those who need 3 rows. The type S is way to expensive IMO and competes with some higher end performance SUV's.

EV mfg should be left to those who can execute and deliver a high end product, support and exp. Tesla go that game covered, everyone else is loosing boat loads of money, with insufficient support and an old school charging plug type/network.
Old Today, 11:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Cuz - 7 years for any model is long in the tooth, when other MFG's are bringing out newer models for consideration. I have had mine for almost 4 years, but there is zero enticement to get a newer one of the same model with super mild updates. So many other choices out there.
In this day and age where next gen is often worse than what it is replacing (often causing buyers remorse), I don't think it's a bad thing that the old model soldiers on. It remains competitive in terms of tech and driving assist. I still like the RDX the best in this segment and it remains the best value.