2025 acura adx

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2024 | 08:10 AM
AZ Community Team

2025 acura adx

*****Sorry for creating a thread here, since we do not have ADX section yet"

Acura ADX Previews Top-of-Class Premium Features as All-New Gateway SUV to the Acura Brand

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases/acura-adx-previews-top-of-class-premium-features-as-all-new-gateway-suv-to-the-acura-brand

Looks good so far!!
Old 10-09-2024 | 10:33 AM
Safety Car

Sounds like they’re sticking with the 1.5T and not the new hybrid powertrain. For the life of me I can’t understand why, given that the hybrid is superior in fuel economy, NVH, and power. It’s perplexing why Acura seems to be allergic to hybrids.
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (10-09-2024)
Old 10-09-2024 | 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Sounds like they’re sticking with the 1.5T and not the new hybrid powertrain. For the life of me I can’t understand why, given that the hybrid is superior in fuel economy, NVH, and power. It’s perplexing why Acura seems to be allergic to hybrids.
I thought the same thing and this vehicle without a hybrid is pretty pointless. Honda's lineup continues to rock in the hybrid category, though, and the new Civic hybrid has been getting great reviews.
Old 10-09-2024 | 02:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ESHBG
I thought the same thing and this vehicle without a hybrid is pretty pointless. Honda's lineup continues to rock in the hybrid category, though, and the new Civic hybrid has been getting great reviews.
Yeah, the new Civic, the CRV, and even the Accord (for all the complaints about the styling) have a really good hybrid powertrain. For a non-performance automatic car, I much prefer the driving dynamics of the hybrid Civic over the 1.5T, and that's even before factoring in the fuel savings. It boggles the mind why Honda continues to get the latest and greatest while Acura waits for table scraps.

Interesting that they didn't mention AWD and there's no AWD badge on the back. I didn't think that it would have SH-AWD, but it's a little curious that they didn't even mention regular AWD. I wonder if they're cutting costs by not mating the 1.5T and CVT to the HRV's AWD system (that'd be odd unless the HRV AWD system is so far removed from the CRV's AWD system which did get paired with the 1.5T and CVT), or if AWD is just table stakes and it's not worth mentioning.

Last edited by fiatlux; 10-09-2024 at 02:21 PM.
HotRodW (Yesterday)
Old 10-09-2024 | 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by fiatlux
Yeah, the new Civic, the CRV, and even the Accord (for all the complaints about the styling) have a really good hybrid powertrain. For a non-performance automatic car, I much prefer the driving dynamics of the hybrid Civic over the 1.5T, and that's even before factoring in the fuel savings. It boggles the mind why Honda continues to get the latest and greatest while Acura waits for table scraps.

Interesting that they didn't mention AWD and there's no AWD badge on the back. I didn't think that it would have SH-AWD, but it's a little curious that they didn't even mention regular AWD. I wonder if they're cutting costs by not mating the 1.5T and CVT to the HRV's AWD system (that'd be odd unless the HRV AWD system is so far removed from the CRV's AWD system which did get paired with the 1.5T and CVT), or if AWD is just table stakes and it's not worth mentioning.
Normally I would agree with you that AWD is not worth mentioning, but this is Acura. Nothing they do makes sense.
HotRodW (Yesterday)