AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   2022 Acura RDX vs 2022 Genesis GV70 (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/2022-acura-rdx-vs-2022-genesis-gv70-997866/)

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 11:43 AM

2022 Acura RDX vs 2022 Genesis GV70

I know I’m posting this in an Acura RDX forum so the opinion might be a little biased here, but that’s ok because I want to hear your opinions and thoughts between these two cars to help me make a big purchasing decision. I’m not trying to be inflammatory either, just looking for some feedback and thoughts from you all. Thanks!

The exact cars I'm having trouble deciding between is the 2022 Acura RDX A-Spec/Advance Trim and the 2.5L Advance Trim Genesis GV70. Both cars retail in the lower 50s which is in my budget, I believe the RDX is going for around $53,400 and the Genesis is $51,200.

RDX -

* PROS: A kick-ass ELS Studio 3D audio system, heated rear outboard seats, more practical cargo area, 10.5" HUD, additional sound insulation material, potentially higher resale value, great handling, SH-AWD, 300ft 2-way remote start, heated windshield wipers, and a larger dealership network.
* CONS: The large gloss-black center console that’s beginning to look dated in my opinion, the lack of touchscreen and weird touchpad, slightly below average back-up/surround-view camera quality, no rear-seat recline, a sluggish feeling engine, and potentially a Type-S Variant around the corner?

Genesis GV70

* PROS: A very stunning exterior design (IMO), it's an all-new vehicle so it's a lot less common on the streets, a very beautiful interior cabin (IMO), a decent Lexicon audio system, touchscreen capability as well as rotary controls for the infotainment, a very quiet cabin, and a noticeably more powerful 4cyl engine, rear-wheel biased AWD system, 3 years of complementary service, 5 years limited warrant, and 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
* CONS: Lexicon is good but it is NOT as good as the ELS audio system in the Acura, questionable resale value, I'm unfamiliar with newer Hyundai-Genesis reliability but Hyundai back in the day didn't have the best reputation for build quality, slightly more expensive insurance premiums (\~$20), basic remote start with 30ft range, small dealership network, and potential first model year kinks.

I've test driven the 2022 GV70 in the exact trim I want and it certainly did not feel poorly built to me. In fact, it left quite a positive impression on me! Some people may not like the two-spoke steering wheel but I dig the uniqueness, The 2.5L engine also felt very peppy to me and handled incredibly well. I also like the idea of supporting a company that is trying to prove something in the space by trying to be something different and unique, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little concerned with major depreciation and potentially long-term issues.

I've also test driven a 2019 (2022 was unavailable at the time) Acura RDX and it drove... fine. The RDX handles corners far better than I expected from something based off of a CR-V platform, but the engine and powertrain was nothing special. However, I did get to demo the ELS audio system and it BLEW ME AWAY. It just pains me that the infotainment unit, which already looks a little dated to me (especially after seeing the new ‘22 MDX interior), is surrounded by nothing but gloss black trim which is hard to keep clean, and that it has such unexceptional backup camera quality.

Please share your thoughts and opinions below. I'm leaning more towards the GV70 because of the design but the RDX has so many little advantages over the Genesis. FWIW I do not have kids or pets and plan on using this car for frequent road trips from KC to Chicago.

hand-filer 01-30-2022 12:09 PM

It's been covered at length in a previous thread.

Anyone compare RDX to GV70?

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 12:14 PM

Thanks! I didn’t find that thread, just one comparing an MDX to a GV80. I must not have looked hard enough. Now that some time has passed for both ‘22 model years I was hoping some owners might provide input as well.

EFR 01-30-2022 01:18 PM

As soon as we get ready to get rid of an older Accord, the GV is on our list of 6 different vehicles to test drive (as is the 2022 RDX-currently have a 2019-just to see the new for '22 changes). Hopefully some day they will have some on their lots....

ross7777 01-30-2022 02:08 PM

I just can’t bring myself to spend $50k+ on an upscale Hyundai. The local Hyundai dealer experience also is subpar. All subjective I know but it’s just me and something I can’t get past in my mind.

The GV70 definitely has a unique design though but it’s a little too cramped for me.

I personally like the way the RDX drives with SH-AWD and sport mode. At the end of the day just drive them and buy what you feel is best.

I will say that the remote touch is no big deal after awhile. I use the steering wheel controls more than anything.

Sounds like you kind of have your mind made up. When you know, you know.

EFR 01-30-2022 03:06 PM

"I just can’t bring myself to spend $50k+ on an upscale Hyundai...."

Didn't they use to same thing about Lexus....'upscale Toyata....' and others?

ross7777 01-30-2022 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by EFR (Post 16792315)

Yep but Genesis is not there yet IMO. Have you been to a Lexus dealership vs Hyundai?

Again. It’s just me. Someday I’ll come around. 😀

fiatlux 01-30-2022 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by EFR (Post 16792315)

The same was the same problem Acura had in the beginning.

At the time that Honda was planning its move upmarket, there was little in its product lineup that foreshadowed success. With just three cars – the Civic, Accord and Prelude – it wasn't even a full line manufacturer. While popular with both the public and media, all of its cars were still clearly intended for the budget conscious. Prices were affordable, and even the most expensive Accord sold for well below $20,000. Basic luxury features, such as power windows and leather upholstery, were in short supply in Honda products. While nobody disputed that Honda built excellent vehicles, few thought it had the luxury credentials to compete with the likes of Europe's luxury brands.
https://hondanews.com/en-US/releases...-acura-history

That said, the concern about the dealership network is legitimate. I'm not aware of any standalone Genesis dealerships yet, so what you get is a de facto Hyundai dealership experience with Genesis branding. I too probably would pass on a Genesis until they get that shored up...I'm not keen on driving 40 minutes each way just to have some greasy Hyundai service advisor try to hawk a $400 fuel injector cleaning service at me.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 16792319)
Yep but Genesis is not there yet IMO. Have you been to a Lexus dealership vs Hyundai?

Again. It’s just me. Someday I’ll come around. 😀

I totally agree that the Genesis dealership network is not yet where I’d like it to be. In fact, the dealer I would have to go to for maintenance is currently Hyundai dealership. That being said, for the first three years, I wouldn’t have to go to a Hyundai dealer at all since they would pick up my car and take it in for complementary maintenance.

FWIW, I’m not 100% sold on the GV70, I feel like if I flipped a coin on this car purchase, I’d be equally happy and upset regardless of which one I drive off in. I’m just looking for the input of current Acura owners to see how they’re experience has been with their RDX ownership to help convince me one way or another.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by EFR (Post 16792294)
As soon as we get ready to get rid of an older Accord, the GV is on our list of 6 different vehicles to test drive (as is the 2022 RDX-currently have a 2019-just to see the new for '22 changes). Hopefully some day they will have some on their lots....

The only changes I’m aware of, is the updated front fascia, more sound insulation, wireless charger and wireless CarPlay, a slightly retuned adaptive damper system in the advanced models and up, as well as the new A-Spec/Advance trim level. Is there another significant update to the ‘22 that I’m not aware of?

ross7777 01-30-2022 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792328)
The only changes I’m aware of, is the updated front fascia, more sound insulation, wireless charger and wireless CarPlay, a slightly retuned adaptive damper system in the advanced models and up, as well as the new A-Spec/Advance trim level. Is there another significant update to the ‘22 that I’m not aware of?

You got most of it. I think they changed the shifting as well. More insulating glass too? Biggest change is combing the ASpec with Advance.

ross7777 01-30-2022 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792324)
I totally agree that the Genesis dealership network is not yet where I’d like it to be. In fact, the dealer I would have to go to for maintenance is currently Hyundai dealership. That being said, for the first three years, I wouldn’t have to go to a Hyundai dealer at all since they would pick up my car and take it in for complementary maintenance.

FWIW, I’m not 100% sold on the GV70, I feel like if I flipped a coin on this car purchase, I’d be equally happy and upset regardless of which one I drive off in. I’m just looking for the input of current Acura owners to see how they’re experience has been with their RDX ownership to help convince me one way or another.

I’ve only had mine for about two weeks. I almost bought it in 2019 but decided to wait. I test drove a number of vehicles and the RDX just felt right to me. I’d suggest just driving both again.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 16792336)
I’ve only had mine for about two weeks. I almost bought it in 2019 but decided to wait. I test drove a number of vehicles and the RDX just felt right to me. I’d suggest just driving both again.

what vehicle are you upgrading from?

ross7777 01-30-2022 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792338)
what vehicle are you upgrading from?

2019 Lexus NX300

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 16792353)
2019 Lexus NX300

Nice. What trim RDX did you go with and what are your overall impressions so far with your new car compared to the Lexus?

ross7777 01-30-2022 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792354)
Nice. What trim RDX did you go with and what are your overall impressions so far with your new car compared to the Lexus?

My review after one week:

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g.../#post16790548

ESHBG 01-30-2022 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by fiatlux (Post 16792320)

That said, the concern about the dealership network is legitimate. I'm not aware of any standalone Genesis dealerships yet, so what you get is a de facto Hyundai dealership experience with Genesis branding. I too probably would pass on a Genesis until they get that shored up...I'm not keen on driving 40 minutes each way just to have some greasy Hyundai service advisor try to hawk a $400 fuel injector cleaning service at me.

We have standalone Genesis dealerships here in the Philly metro (one is very close to me) and I've heard good things so far.

EFR 01-30-2022 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by fiatlux (Post 16792320)

There are two in the Las Vegas/Henderson area. Fairly recently they had somewhere around 16 GV70's between the two, now they have one so I assume that means sales are doing fairly well, although resupplying that inventory is, as expected these days, terrible.

JB in AZ 01-30-2022 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792270)
... The RDX handles corners far better than I expected from something based off of a CR-V platform, ...

From what I read, and reviews I watched before buying my 2019 RDX Advance (now gone) the RDX is NOT based off of a CR-V platform. The previous generations were but not the Gen 3.

EFR 01-30-2022 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792328)

Yes, but we have an A-Spec so never got the goodies of the Advance, and now that you can get both it's that much better. Plus, small things but the digital speedo, folding mirrors, ambient lighting or whatever it's called, flat bottom steering wheel, better BSM performance, what I think is a better performing, less problem prone Infotainment system. It's just mid-life changes, but all added up I would guess makes for a decently better car in a lot of ways. Of course, I am not a big fan of the touchpad, but it's not likely going anywhere soon.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by ESHBG (Post 16792395)
We have standalone Genesis dealerships here in the Philly metro (one is very close to me) and I've heard good things so far.

They’re remodeling a Hyundai dealership here in KC, although I’m not sure if it’s to add a Genesis department or standalone Genesis location. Could just be a Hyundai remodel with no Genesis department whatsoever.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16792408)
From what I read, and reviews I watched before buying my 2019 RDX Advance (now gone) the RDX is NOT based off of a CR-V platform. The previous generations were but not the Gen 3.

I can’t remember where I read it from but I remember reading that Acura claimed it was an exclusive platform just for the RDX which is mostly true. I believe everything behind the front axle is unique to the RDX.

fiatlux 01-30-2022 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16792408)

Depends on who you ask. According to MT:

Acura is calling it an all-new, exclusive platform—but the RDX started with the Honda CR-V architecture and modified the chassis and upgraded the powertrain.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...t-look-review/

It's not the same exact platform, but it's not a brand new bespoke platform either.

Still, more truthful than the all-out lies that Acura told about the 1G TLX:

The TLX is built on an all-new platform (body and chassis) that was designed from the ground up to support and enhance the vehicle's outstanding driving dynamics, luxury-sedan refinement, class-leading fuel efficiency and high-level collision safety performance.
​​​​​​​https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...a-tlx-overview

avi_tsx 01-30-2022 08:30 PM

I can't speak about the GV70 specifically but as someone who owns both an acura (2020 RDX) and a genesis (2019 G70 3.3T), I would have to say Genesis is the better overall car. This generation RDX is probably the best looking Acura made in a very long time, but I think most will agree Genesis has the edge on exterior looks across their lineup.

Interior quality is better in my Genesis, but I do have the highest trim so maybe not an apples to apples comparison. Genesis did not hold back using premium quality materials, quilted leather seats and door panels, dashboard and ceiling materials are super soft to the touch, switches and buttons are all sturdy. RDX dashboard material feels kind of cheap to me as well as the glossy plastic around the center console buttons.

Overall drive quality I would have to give to my Genesis as well. My RDX has had the squeaking brakes replaced under warranty and still squeak. Despite being the newer model of my two cars the RDX just has random rattles and squeaks especially going over bumps. Again not apples to apples since the Genesis sits very low to the ground and is a sedan.

Performance wise my Genesis and the TLX type S are comparable. Motor Trend and other car review companies/youtube reviewers are pretty unanimous towards the Genesis in head to head comparisons, I would assume this translates to the GV70/RDX comparison.

Reliability wise Genesis is a young brand with no track record but they have one of the best warranties and Hyundai is generally pretty reliable. This generation RDX has had its fair share of reliability issues. In fact just yesterday my RDX trunk windshield shattered while driving, went to the dealership and there were 2 other RDXs there for the same issue.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 09:20 PM

Have you had any issues with your Genesis?

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by avi_tsx (Post 16792435)
This generation RDX has had its fair share of reliability issues. In fact just yesterday my RDX trunk windshield shattered while driving, went to the dealership and there were 2 other RDXs there for the same issue.

NGL I didn’t believe you at first but then I found that whole forum with people’s shattered trunk windshields! That a huge concern and apparently a known defect??? I hope Acura helps you out with a replacement!

hans471 01-30-2022 09:29 PM

Guessing about how a vehicle will hold up as far as resale value is a crap shoot. As for reliability, you can only look at past models, not the current one. CR says Hyundai reliability is good for the first few years but falls down when the vehicle hits four or five years old. But then again, that data is based on cars made five years ago. Dealer network does make a difference. Hyundai had a bad rap for years. They started in this business pumping out cheaply built cars using old Mitsubishi machinery and designs to build their engines. Of course that has changed over the years. I can recall back in the 1970's while working at Toyota joking about how poor Honda's were. It takes a long time to build up a brand. I can tell many stories about the issues that Toyota had with their old 18R engines or how they rusted away. They worked through that and became a great car. That said, the future for any car you buy is a big question mark.

Pick the vehicle you like best. As for asking people here you should remember the thousands of people who love their Acura's are not likely posting here. People come here, just like most forums, more to gripe than praise. I love my 2019 RDX Advance and would buy another without hesitation. I drove the competition before buying it and based on that and my own personal experience of the other models offered by the competition decided on the Acura. BUT, everyone has different priorities. For the record; my career was in the automotive field and I pay cash for my cars so I don't gamble on unknowns.

tecwerks 01-30-2022 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by EFR (Post 16792420)
Yes, but we have an A-Spec so never got the goodies of the Advance, and now that you can get both it's that much better. Plus, small things but the digital speedo, folding mirrors, ambient lighting or whatever it's called, flat bottom steering wheel, better BSM performance, what I think is a better performing, less problem prone Infotainment system. It's just mid-life changes, but all added up I would guess makes for a decently better car in a lot of ways. Of course, I am not a big fan of the touchpad, but it's not likely going anywhere soon.

Im blown away at the difference between my now gone 2019 A-spec with my new 2022 A-spec/Advance…..I’m very happy with the extras and especially the updated Infotainment that has zero issues so far. No more beeps during the first few minutes after starting the vehicle and listening to music. Had that issue the whole time I owned my 19.

avi_tsx 01-30-2022 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792450)
Have you had any issues with your Genesis?

No issues so far on the Genesis but I've only had it one year (bought it certified used). My RDX has had several issues come up but Acura has been great with taking care of them. So far I've had my dampers, brake pads changed out to fix squeaking, radio malfunctioning fixed, and now this windshield issue is likely being taken care of. Frustrating to have this many problems on a higher end car but at least they stand behind their product and warranty. Definitely something to consider when buying a Genesis because you won't be getting the "upscale" service as you'd be going to Hyundai dealerships.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by tecwerks (Post 16792454)
Im blown away at the difference between my now gone 2019 A-spec with my new 2022 A-spec/Advance…..I’m very happy with the extras and especially the updated Infotainment that has zero issues so far. No more beeps during the first few minutes after starting the vehicle and listening to music. Had that issue the whole time I owned my 19.

What updates are there for the new infotainment? Just the quieter/shorter beeps? Or is it faster? I haven’t read about any updates Acura may have done to the infotainment.

rickyrich00 01-30-2022 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by hans471 (Post 16792452)
I drove the competition before buying it and based on that and my own personal experience of the other models offered by the competition decided on the Acura. BUT, everyone has different priorities. For the record; my career was in the automotive field and I pay cash for my cars so I don't gamble on unknowns.

Very well said and all good points. I agree that resale value and projected reliability are all crapshoots since somebody somewhere will have a lousy experience with even the most reliable of cars but getting personal input is still valuable to me.
What we’re the features that RDX offered to you that the competition could not? What features specifically swayed you to the Acura?

ross7777 01-30-2022 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792463)
What updates are there for the new infotainment? Just the quieter/shorter beeps? Or is it faster? I haven’t read about any updates Acura may have done to the infotainment.

I can't speak to the pre 2022 but I've not experienced any issues with the 2022. Wireless CarPlay works great and connects quickly. It seems very responsive overall.

Hou-RL 01-31-2022 08:40 AM

Are you comparing 4 Cylinder turbo's? If you are comparing apples to apples then it may be worthwhile to discuss. I looked at the GV70 prior to buying my 2022 Apec/Advance and I was driving my 2019 RDX when I visited the Hyundai dealership. While I truly was impressed with the car, I could not get past the dealership experience and the salesman who literally was talking me out of buying the car. he thought his comments were helping but he really was not accustomed to buyer who purchased vehicles at higher levels than Hyundai's. After I was test driving the car i realized that I would not be happy coming to any of the Hyundai dealers to service my vehicle so I decided to buy another RDX. I have read that Genesis will start building independent dealerships to support the brand. Once they bring once to my area of town I will start to look at the vehicle. again. I was looking at buying the Sport Prestige 6 Cylinder version which was around $64K. The gas mileage was crappy for both the 4 and 6 Cylinder so either way I wasn't going to save on gas.

rickyrich00 01-31-2022 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Hou-RL (Post 16792505)
Are you comparing 4 Cylinder turbo's? If you are comparing apples to apples then it may be worthwhile to discuss. I looked at the GV70 prior to buying my 2022 Apec/Advance and I was driving my 2019 RDX when I visited the Hyundai dealership. While I truly was impressed with the car, I could not get past the dealership experience and the salesman who literally was talking me out of buying the car. he thought his comments were helping but he really was not accustomed to buyer who purchased vehicles at higher levels than Hyundai's. After I was test driving the car i realized that I would not be happy coming to any of the Hyundai dealers to service my vehicle so I decided to buy another RDX. I have read that Genesis will start building independent dealerships to support the brand. Once they bring once to my area of town I will start to look at the vehicle. again. I was looking at buying the Sport Prestige 6 Cylinder version which was around $64K. The gas mileage was crappy for both the 4 and 6 Cylinder so either way I wasn't going to save on gas.

I’m looking at the four cylinder GV70 but my dealership experience has been more positive. I wish I could get the 6 cyl model but that’s outside my budget for my next vehicle.

supafamous 01-31-2022 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792425)
I can’t remember where I read it from but I remember reading that Acura claimed it was an exclusive platform just for the RDX which is mostly true. I believe everything behind the front axle is unique to the RDX.

Half-truths. Honda has a sorta global platform that's shared between the CR-V, Accord, and Civic - it's not quite like VW's MQB which is shared from the Golf to the Atlas but there's definitely parts sharing and common architecture used. The RDX (and TLX) share common parts with the global platform - I believe the stuff between the wheels is mostly common with the Accord/CR-V while the front and rear were both modified. The front was modified to hold a V6 which the Accord/CR-V can't handle and the rear was modified to support SH-AWD and be stiffer (partly why it holds less than a CR-V). So it can be said that the RDX is "based" off the CR-V/Accord but you can also say it's unique (it is) but I think it's best to say that it shares it's origins with the CR-V/Accord.

Re: GV70 - I briefly drove it last year and if I were buying today that's what I'd get. Pricing wise it's pretty close to the RDX (in Canada) but it drives a class above. So much smoother and well sorted out and much more luxurious. I'd miss the extra space of the RDX but that's a 1 out of 100 day problem.

brubins 01-31-2022 01:25 PM

We have a 2020 RDX Advance and a 2013 Genesis 3.8 sedan. I can't comment on the GV70 but can tell you that our Genesis has thus far been the best car we have ever owned, especially for what we paid for it. In 8 years we've done oil/filter changes and replaced the battery and tires. Nothing else has ever been needed. Interaction at our Hyundai/Genesis dealership has been good, but happily we haven't had a need to be over there much.

Our RDX is fine, but a bit noisy for my taste and not what's I'd consider a smooth or luxurious vehicle. While it has more bells and whistles and is a different type of car, I much prefer driving my Genesis.

spinedoc777 01-31-2022 03:59 PM

Personally I'd get the GV, and I just came off a 3 year RDX lease and went and purchased 2 new RDX's! Before that I leased a G80 for 3 years and it was an amazing car, standing pound for pound with any MB or Audi that I had in the past. You can say it's a glorified Hyundai, but they really did a superb job of matching Germany's finest IMO. Acura, on the other hand, seems to take a lot of shortcuts which make it feel very Honda-ish in many ways. The transmission on my RDX feels clunky at times, road noise is still not refined as well as it should be, the fake exhaust noise, the janky touch pad and non touchscreen combination, the cheapie, unsupportive seats, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really "like" my RDX's, they are great cars, but I definitely loved my G80.

Most of the reason why I got the Acura's was because dealers were much easier to work with. Genesis dealers still have that Hyundai mentality and it shows. Maybe it was the whole low inventory issue with any car these days, but I just felt like I was a number. At Acura at least your number is how much you are willing to spend. The RDX also has more base features, I might be wrong as I haven't looked at a Genesis in a few years, but with the RDX at least the base gets the fake leather seats, panoramic moonroof, heated seats, and blind spot monitors.

With that said, I never test drove the GV, so I can't opine there. The RDX is surprisingly nimble for a CUV. Not a day goes by I don't pine for a mid to full sized sedan, but I can deal with it because the RDX at least handles pretty darn well. The GV's I sat in felt much more comfortable and premium, so I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

ross7777 01-31-2022 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by spinedoc777 (Post 16792720)
Personally I'd get the GV, and I just came off a 3 year RDX lease and went and purchased 2 new RDX's! Before that I leased a G80 for 3 years and it was an amazing car, standing pound for pound with any MB or Audi that I had in the past. You can say it's a glorified Hyundai, but they really did a superb job of matching Germany's finest IMO. Acura, on the other hand, seems to take a lot of shortcuts which make it feel very Honda-ish in many ways. The transmission on my RDX feels clunky at times, road noise is still not refined as well as it should be, the fake exhaust noise, the janky touch pad and non touchscreen combination, the cheapie, unsupportive seats, etc. Don't get me wrong, I really "like" my RDX's, they are great cars, but I definitely loved my G80.

Most of the reason why I got the Acura's was because dealers were much easier to work with. Genesis dealers still have that Hyundai mentality and it shows. Maybe it was the whole low inventory issue with any car these days, but I just felt like I was a number. At Acura at least your number is how much you are willing to spend. The RDX also has more base features, I might be wrong as I haven't looked at a Genesis in a few years, but with the RDX at least the base gets the fake leather seats, panoramic moonroof, heated seats, and blind spot monitors.

With that said, I never test drove the GV, so I can't opine there. The RDX is surprisingly nimble for a CUV. Not a day goes by I don't pine for a mid to full sized sedan, but I can deal with it because the RDX at least handles pretty darn well. The GV's I sat in felt much more comfortable and premium, so I suppose it depends on what you are looking for.

Which trim level is your RDX? The seats in the ASpec/Advance are far from cheapie and unsupportive IMO. I agree on the fake exhaust sound but they seemed to have reduced it in the top trim. It was one of the reasons I didn’t buy the ASpec in 2019.

spinedoc777 01-31-2022 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rickyrich00 (Post 16792463)

I went from a 2019 to 2022 rdx, but both just base models. There aren't really many infotainment issues, no huge ones besides wireless carplay that I can think of. Wireless carplay works perfectly, I have had zero issues with it and it's such a joy to use on a daily basis. Beeps have gotten WORSE, yep. The seat belt warning chime now does not shut up until you buckle up, and you are forced to turn off the seat belt indicator on the hud EVERY single time you start the car.

ross7777 01-31-2022 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by spinedoc777 (Post 16792725)
I went from a 2019 to 2022 rdx, but both just base models. There aren't really many infotainment issues, no huge ones besides wireless carplay that I can think of. Wireless carplay works perfectly, I have had zero issues with it and it's such a joy to use on a daily basis. Beeps have gotten WORSE, yep. The seat belt warning chime now does not shut up until you buckle up, and you are forced to turn off the seat belt indicator on the hud EVERY single time you start the car.

I assume you mean the seat belt indicator on the screen between the gauges? On mine it goes away when I start driving.