2020 RDX A-Spec bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 08:15 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 RDX A-Spec bluetooth issue

Has anyone else noticed that when they get into their car, the infotainment system automatically starts steaming music from their phone via bluetooth? I have an iphone XS Max and have had this happen several times. I need to use the APP button on the steering wheel, choose Sirius XM and switch it from streaming to satellite.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to disable it? I am not plugged in via USB cable at all.

Also, probably 50% of the time I am in the car, using the left roller wheel on the steering wheel to change favorites doesn't work. Says system error. I have to power off the system using the steering wheel power button and then turn on which fixes it. Thought ver 1.1.1.4 would fix this but it didn't.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by konyo1
Has anyone else noticed that when they get into their car, the infotainment system automatically starts steaming music from their phone via bluetooth? I have an iphone XS Max and have had this happen several times. I need to use the APP button on the steering wheel, choose Sirius XM and switch it from streaming to satellite.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to disable it? I am not plugged in via USB cable at all.

Also, probably 50% of the time I am in the car, using the left roller wheel on the steering wheel to change favorites doesn't work. Says system error. I have to power off the system using the steering wheel power button and then turn on which fixes it. Thought ver 1.1.1.4 would fix this but it didn't.
I haven't experienced (or perhaps noticed) the bluetooth overriding last source issue, but I have experienced the steering wheel thing 3-4 times. You may have noticed, but if the steering wheel favorites control isn't working, it's because the favorites have failed to populate (you can see this on the Sat radio screen itself - the list of favs isn't there). One thing I have noticed is that if I navigate to the Sat radio screen (or stay on it) and wait for the list to populate, I won't have the issue. For some reason, if the button is hit prior to loading, I need to restart the infotainment system to get that list to populate. I have not had the issue since the update, but it happens so infrequently to me that doesn't really mean anything.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by dugums
I haven't experienced (or perhaps noticed) the bluetooth overriding last source issue, but I have experienced the steering wheel thing 3-4 times. You may have noticed, but if the steering wheel favorites control isn't working, it's because the favorites have failed to populate (you can see this on the Sat radio screen itself - the list of favs isn't there). One thing I have noticed is that if I navigate to the Sat radio screen (or stay on it) and wait for the list to populate, I won't have the issue. For some reason, if the button is hit prior to loading, I need to restart the infotainment system to get that list to populate. I have not had the issue since the update, but it happens so infrequently to me that doesn't really mean anything.
I'm gonna have to read this a couple times but I'm having the same issue too.

Cant switch favorites on my steering wheel control for my SiriusXM.

Last edited by Ludepower; 10-02-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
I have that also on my Accord if I had been streaming BT when I turned it off, even if I shut down the music app on my phone. I think that it is something with the way the phone (Apple for me) handles the music. If music was streaming, then it starts streaming again.

Found this: https://www.imore.com/how-stop-music...aying-your-car

How to stop your iPhone from autoplaying music in the car

Does your music library inundate you with music, podcasts, or audiobooks when you get into your car? Here's the fix.
What I recall working for me on the Accord was to switch to FM before I turned the car off, so that BT music as a source was not active.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 10-02-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that when they get into their car, the infotainment system automatically starts steaming music from their phone via bluetooth? I have an iphone XS Max and have had this happen several times. I need to use the APP button on the steering wheel, choose Sirius XM and switch it from streaming to satellite..
I'm not quite clear on your description. Are you saying that when you get into the car, music begins to stream from Bluetooth, regardless of what audio source you were listening to when you last shut the car off (FM radio for example). Or are saying music starts playing automatically on Bluetooth, only when Bluetooth was the last thing playing when you shut the car off.

The first situation is certainly abnormal. The second situation is normal for me with my Android phone.

My RDX always starts up with the last audio source I was listening to when I last shut it down.

If I had been listening to FM radio, then my RDX will automatically start playing the last FM station I had been listening to.

I frequently listen to Podcasts when I drive. Each time I start the car, the podcast will resume from where it was when I last shut the car down. I consider this the perfect way to operate. If I have Bluetooth selected as the audio source, then that is want I want to hear.

If you last played a podcast on your Iphone, would the car startup playing the Podcast or would it still stream music?. I would bet that it would play the last thing you were listening to.
The following users liked this post:
JAB00 (10-05-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
This happens to me as well and I have an android phone. Not a big deal for me since I stream spotify through bluetooth. Do you typically stream music through your phone or do you use it just for calling?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've narrowed down the problem some more. It seems when I use the speech-to-text function to send a text message, as soon as I am done speaking and the text sends, the infotainment system starts to Bluetooth stream music from my iphone. Somehow using speech-to-text on my iphone causes the bluetooth the start streaming music.

I suppose I could turn off the bluetooth function on my phone but then the handfree calling won't work

Any thoughts?
Old 10-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I've narrowed down the problem some more. It seems when I use the speech-to-text function to send a text message, as soon as I am done speaking and the text sends, the infotainment system starts to Bluetooth stream music from my iphone. Somehow using speech-to-text on my iphone causes the bluetooth the start streaming music.

I suppose I could turn off the bluetooth function on my phone but then the handfree calling won't work

Any thoughts?
If you don't use your phone to stream music through bluetooth and only plan to use it for calling/texting. Try unpairing it and pair it again with phone function only, no audio.