2019 A-Spec replaced with 2022 A-Spec Advance!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 05:50 PM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
I said to UPGRADE when you get $35k for trade in to get 2022 for $48.5 (including destination fee) plus tax on difference is closer to 15k to make a switch
Apologies RD, I get the gist now. My 🧠 is getting slower.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:59 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Congrats Jon on your red '22, (and to all new '22'ers).
Your review was so good that I circled back to a local dealer that had just gotten a '22 PMC in....but that fast, it was already gone. Oh well....saved me 55K!
The following users liked this post:
oblio98 (01-02-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 09:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 549 Likes on 355 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
OK. You were talking to MY trade in vs a new one. In that case you are correct.

What I was commenting on was why would anyone buy my old car at $40,988 when they could buy a NEW 22 A-Spec (if they could find one) for $48K, which is only a difference of 8-9 thousand dollars, and they get '0' miles instead of '65K' and new everything and a warranty. That's what I was speaking to.

In my case, it was worth the $15K to get the features of the Advance and the new warranty. That's all. My main point was and still is - my trade in value was pretty damn high, IMHO.
Indeed, it's such a bizarre time. But the hype is dying down in the used car market (at least with some models), as I have seen the same cars sitting for months now and when I check on them every few days the prices just keep going down.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Larry. You ain't kidding. Having the speed limit sign and speedometer in the windshield view area is totally bizarre! It's cool, but I have to get used to it.

So far, I have just driven it home and parked it. Tomorrow I will investigate the differences, but I have to admit that when I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and the mirrors folder in, that was sweet. As was returning to the car and opening the hatch with my 'foot swing'. The 19 A-Spec did none of this, so it adds a little bit to the 'new car' feel, especially since the visual inside and outside is very much the same between the cars.

Here's what I got from the dealer that pushed me over the edge, so to speak, with regard to going for it. I can't understand how they can give me that much for the 65K 19, but I am not arguing. I would suggest that anyone in my position who is thinking of doing the same check out and see what your car is worth. The dealer financial guy said that the used market is nuts right now and that's why I was getting so much for it, but you could tell he wasn't pleased that CARFAX sent this quote to me. I am sure he would have offered less if I didn't have the screen shot below with me

PS - My car was in excellent shape, no accidents, and I got new tires last year. I suppose I could have dogged him to go up to $35, but I was not pressing my luck. In CT, the trade value is deducted from the cost of the new car with regard to sales tax, and that's a lot right there. All in all, I was thrilled with the trade in

I had the same car with 17k miles in excellent condition. I had extra accessories like running boards and remote engine smart key fob/receiver. CarFax estimated $42.5k and KBB $42.7k. Schaller tried to low ball my trade by offering $40k for my trade-in and new 2022 RDX Aspec advance $53,645. Sales person said they are not sure why Carfax would quote such a high trade in. It was Schaller partner with Carfax to offer me the quote. I guess they did not honor it. They said for the new year MSRP was increased another $900. I call this BS.

Here is the quote…

I am now looking at Hoffman Lexus for a 2022 NX350 AWD Premium for $48,265. Just spoke with their rep and I mentioned KBB quote and she said they work with KBB and honor the quote unlike Schaller Acura. Just the other day the infortainment screen got stuck at disclaimers and won’t shut off for hours. I had to pull a 15A fuse under the driver fuse box. This is the final nail in the coffin for me with Acura.

Last edited by ToniRDX19; 01-05-2022 at 10:56 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ToniRDX19:
ESHBG (01-05-2022), oblio98 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 11:31 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
ToniRDX19-If you pull the trigger on the NX, I hope you post your thoughts here as the NX is one of about 6 vehicles on our purchase list for sometime before year end.
The following 2 users liked this post by EFR:
ESHBG (01-05-2022), Leaf 68 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 12:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EFR
ToniRDX19-If you pull the trigger on the NX, I hope you post your thoughts here as the NX is one of about 6 vehicles on our purchase list for sometime before year end.
I will let everyone know if I pulled the trigger with the NX. The premium package is not what I wanted and all the dealer has in stock. I wanted the Luxury package which the dealer has non in stock. If the trade is a wash I might bailout.
ESHBG (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 02:45 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
Originally Posted by ToniRDX19
I will let everyone know if I pulled the trigger with the NX. The premium package is not what I wanted and all the dealer has in stock. I wanted the Luxury package which the dealer has non in stock. If the trade is a wash I might bailout.
Get the car right first. Then get the best deal you can.

If this is not the car you want, pass. There will always be other cars.
tecwerks (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 04:10 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by ToniRDX19
I had the same car with 17k miles in excellent condition. I had extra accessories like running boards and remote engine smart key fob/receiver. CarFax estimated $42.5k and KBB $42.7k. Schaller tried to low ball my trade by offering $40k for my trade-in and new 2022 RDX Aspec advance $53,645. Sales person said they are not sure why Carfax would quote such a high trade in. It was Schaller partner with Carfax to offer me the quote. I guess they did not honor it. They said for the new year MSRP was increased another $900. I call this BS.

Here is the quote…

I am now looking at Hoffman Lexus for a 2022 NX350 AWD Premium for $48,265. Just spoke with their rep and I mentioned KBB quote and she said they work with KBB and honor the quote unlike Schaller Acura. Just the other day the infortainment screen got stuck at disclaimers and won’t shut off for hours. I had to pull a 15A fuse under the driver fuse box. This is the final nail in the coffin for me with Acura.
Yes, it certainly sounds like they were feeding you some crap. I know they were pissed over my deal as when I told them that every other car I purchased from them came with locking lug nuts, they refused to give them to me (what is it, like $40 cost) and the finance guy made the salesman take them off my old car and put them on the new one. I saw nothing about the MSRP going up $900, so I agree with your BS call. It seems to me if the offer says 'Schaller Wants to Buy Your Car" and theer is an amount there, they should have to honor it. It's their problem as they sign on with CARFAX.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:13 PM
Instructor

Yes, it certainly sounds like they were feeding you some crap. I know they were pissed over my deal as when I told them that every other car I purchased from them came with locking lug nuts, they refused to give them to me (what is it, like $40 cost) and the finance guy made the salesman take them off my old car and put them on the new one. I saw nothing about the MSRP going up $900, so I agree with your BS call. It seems to me if the offer says 'Schaller Wants to Buy Your Car" and theer is an amount there, they should have to honor it. It's their problem as they sign on with CARFAX.
That’s what I got in the mail and clicked on the offer and then got the quote. They did not honor it and just want to get me to step in the dealer. Funny thing is the 2022 RDX Aspec Advance was advertised on their website with MSRP $52,xxx and when they quote me over the phone and dealer is completely different. The lady I spoke with named Terri said they increased it $300 over MSRP over the phone. At the dealer it was quoted $600 more for a total of $900.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:50 PM
RDX ILX TSX

Received 151 Likes on 86 Posts
This car is far superior to my 19 RDX with regard to noise. There is road noise, but there is not a peep of wind noise and overall the thing is pretty quiet.

The 5.1 audio is very similar to the 5.1 in my 19, only there seems to be better definition between the Front Left, Front Right and Center. In my 19, information that was only in the Front Right or Front Left seemed to come closer to the center than it did in the old DVD-Audio based ELS system. In the 22, it's still not 'pinned to the FR/FL corner, but it's better. I verified this with a test track that only sent signal to each channel.

My "Why do you need a new car" wife thought it looked nice.

The seats! Wow. Coming from the 19 A-SPEC seats, these things are very comfortable. Also, there is some sort of on-screen diagram that appears on the display when you adjust them. I can't quite seem to figure it out, but didn't spend a lot of time on it. My wife says that the passenger seat is the most comfortable car seat she's ever sat in! (That's good)

So, bottom line: I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It's great. It's fun to drive. I love the Advance features (which I did not have in the 19) and 200 miles in I am very pleased I made the change
Very heartening to hear the positivity about your RDX upgrade. We own a really nice car. Not perfect and some areas need improvement, but I 100% agree with what you've said. After 21K miles our Advance still rides like day 1. We love the car, love the sound system (...and I know you are all about 5.1!) and yea - the seats! Soooo comfortable. Even more so now that they're broken in.

Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2022, 09:26 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts
ANOTHER UPDATE: Blasted around town in sport mode this morning - WOW! Very cool. Lot more responsive than the old 19.

I got the CARPLAY to work. You have to go to your iPhone Bluetooth connections, select the little (i) for Handsfreelink, then move the 'Allow Carplay' slider to ON. Duh!
It then worked, but when I tried to go to USB, of course a message appeared on the car screen that CarPlay must be disabled to use the USB port. Swell

Speaking of the USB port, they moved it and turned it 90 degrees over. In doing so, we lost a little room in the storage nook it's located in. See the picture below:

Are you able to play music off the SSD while using Carplay for navi?

Old 01-06-2022, 12:12 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Originally Posted by markm929
Are you able to play music off the SSD while using Carplay for navi?
NO! This, along with the seatbelt alert noise, are the two gripes I have with the car. For wireless CarPlay, you have to set your iPhone to CarPlay enable - under Bluetooth/HandsfreeLink/Carplay. Once you do this, the USB port for music is deactivated!

In order to play from USB, you then have to go back to your phone and turn that setting off. Which sucks - but I still love the car!
Old 01-07-2022, 10:10 AM
Racer

NO! This, along with the seatbelt alert noise, are the two gripes I have with the car. For wireless CarPlay, you have to set your iPhone to CarPlay enable - under Bluetooth/HandsfreeLink/Carplay. Once you do this, the USB port for music is deactivated!

In order to play from USB, you then have to go back to your phone and turn that setting off. Which sucks - but I still love the car!
Thanks for confirming this. Poor form on Acura's part for this, must be processor limitation. I understand Acura's info system only has two cores, where other manufacturers are using 4 cores and able to handle carplay and usb simultaneously. Guess I'll just stick with my 2019 RDX for now.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:45 AM
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 143 Posts
Thanks for confirming this. Poor form on Acura's part for this, must be processor limitation. I understand Acura's info system only has two cores, where other manufacturers are using 4 cores and able to handle carplay and usb simultaneously. Guess I'll just stick with my 2019 RDX for now.
Whats the benefit of playing from a usb? Why not just use your phone?
Old 01-07-2022, 10:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ross7777
Whats the benefit of playing from a usb? Why not just use your phone?
Using a USB drive allows for playing music beyond the compressed stereo that comes typically from your phone. With a USB drive you can store music in lossless form and also in surround (5.1) which sounds great on the RDX infotainment system. There are multiple threads on here discussing this.
NBPDC505 (01-25-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 11:01 AM
Pro

Thanks. I was just curious. I don’t have an RDX yet. My 2022 is in transit.

I’m curious how Apple Music with lossless and Dolby Atmos will sound.

Last edited by ross7777; 01-07-2022 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:16 PM
Racer

Thanks. I was just curious. I don’t have an RDX yet. My 2022 is in transit.

I’m curious how Apple Music with lossless and Dolby Atmos will sound.
It will be in stereo, the lossless stream does sound a little better than the previous compressed AAC files. There is no way to get surround music out of the phone via wired or wireless Carplay, so the Dolby Atmos is not played in the car it reverts to the stereo mix.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:44 PM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts
It will be in stereo, the lossless stream does sound a little better than the previous compressed AAC files. There is no way to get surround music out of the phone via wired or wireless Carplay, so the Dolby Atmos is not played in the car it reverts to the stereo mix.
Does not matter, I’m perfectly happy playing apple music via CarPlay. It kicks ass imho. Best sounding system I have ever had. It’s like sitting inside a speaker lol
Old 01-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Going to be trading in my 2019 Advanced tomorrow for a 22 Aspec/Advanced. They are giving me just over 37K for my trade in!
The following 2 users liked this post by tasso:
kmingis (01-07-2022), oblio98 (01-07-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 10:00 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

!

Originally Posted by tasso
Going to be trading in my 2019 Advanced tomorrow for a 22 Aspec/Advanced. They are giving me just over 37K for my trade in!
Good luck and let us know how it goes, and don't forget the pictures
Old 01-08-2022, 01:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by tecwerks
Does not matter, I’m perfectly happy playing apple music via CarPlay. It kicks ass imho. Best sounding system I have ever had. It’s like sitting inside a speaker lol
I agree and it is even better when playing true surround music.

The reply though was to lower expectations of an actual Atmos or surround experience in the RDX from CarPlay audio, it is not gonna happen. No Dolby Atmos or Dolby Audio music will give a true surround experience in the RDX it is downmixed to stereo, that will only happen via USB drive.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:41 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Another tid-bit here I just discovered on the new car. Nothing big mind you, but it surprised me in that I didn't notice it at first.

I ordered new mats for the front from WeatherTech. I had the Acura version in my 19, both front/back and the mat for the trunk/cargo area. The cargo mat and rear mat were still almost like new, so I kept those and put them in the 22, and just ordered new WeatherTech's for the fronts. Anyway, that's not what I'm posting about.

When I ordered the mats, I also ordered another set of their cup holder liners. Mine were pretty beat after 3 1/2 years, so I figured as long as I was ordering the mats I'd get new liners. Well, went to put them in, and it turns out the the cup holder closest to the front of the car is now a smaller diameter than the one closest to the storage bay! In the 19 they were both the same size! Fortunately, they give you both sizes in the box.

Like I said, not a big deal, just a POI.

Last edited by oblio98; 01-09-2022 at 12:45 PM.
tecwerks (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 01:11 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
Weird.

Why would they do something like that?
Old 01-09-2022, 03:04 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
Weird.

Why would they do something like that?
My wife's 2014 Audi has the same, one big, one smaller. It might be a standard of some sort going forward.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:12 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by tasso
How many miles on your 2019 Advance?
Old 01-10-2022, 08:35 AM
Advanced

45K miles on when traded in. It was re-appraised at the dealership and they added an additional $800 to the value. In total, the value I got for it was just under $38k
Old 01-10-2022, 09:07 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
That is a very good price for the trade. $800 helps to offset the RDX price hike.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
That is a very good price for the trade. $800 helps to offset the RDX price hike.
It sure does and happy that I didn't pay more than MSRP as well.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:48 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

UPDATE: Today I brought the car in and had the Welcome Lights and Illuminated Door Sills that I ordered when I bought the car installed. I parked the car outside until dark to check them out. It's freaking 13 degrees out there so I didn't take any pictures, but I will when it warms up.

They work great. They come on just like the small light under the side mirrors. Either when you unlock the car, or when you approach the car with your fob. They just light up. They do a good job of letting you see what's under the door - puddle, ice, etc. They were not cheap but my wife likes them, so there you go! The illuminated door sills look nice but I am not sure they are worth the trouble, but hey. What the heck it's probably my last new car

BTW - I got a 21 TLX loaner this morning. Wow. What a sharp looking car. I like the interior a little better than the RDX, although being my age I was glad to get back into my car after getting in and out of the TLX. I brought my USB with me and listened to the ELS in the TLX and it has a much different sound than the RDX. It's a wider sound field, and the 5.1 stuff I listened to sounded great in it. Very nice

Last edited by oblio98; 01-21-2022 at 05:52 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by oblio98:
ESHBG (01-22-2022), Madd Dog (01-21-2022), sonyfever (01-21-2022), Vince D (02-26-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I could not refuse this deal and honestly, I cannot believe the resale value of my 2019 RDX ASpec. I had 65,000 miles on the thing after owning it for 3 1/2 Years. I had one of the very first 19 RDX's so I went through all of the Infotainment Blues that were frequent back when the car first came out.

I was shocked when I got an email from my Dealer that "They wanted to buy my car..........for $34,500!!!" Are you kidding me? I checked it out and it was real, so since I paid the car off in 3 years, I had all equity, so I said "What the Hell". I no longer am working full time, so the car won't get anywhere near the mileage my 19 racked up, and now I'm back under warranty and have all of the Advance features I could not get with an ASpec in 2018/9, so I went for it. Paid list for the car, but no more.

The only options I took were the 'Welcome Lights' and "Illuminated Door Sills'. I think they will add a touch of class to the thing. (They have yet to be installed)

Anyway, just got home with it, but took some pictures of the two machines while I was at the dealer trading it in. Here they are. Damn hard to tell the 2 cars apart, so my goal of getting a new car without anyone really noticing it is easily acquired.

Congrats! I am new to Acura but apparently my timing for needing a new vehicle was pretty good. My 2018 Accord Touring was totaled when a 17 year-old kid t-boned me. No license and no insurance but Geico paid out quite nicely. I wanted another sedan but I just couldn’t find what I was looking for, so I decided to give the Acura RDX a try. A 2022 SH-AWD A-spec Advance came in on 11/23/21 and I signed papers on 11/24/21. I am loving my RDX.

The following 2 users liked this post by rbbcpa:
kmingis (03-02-2022), oblio98 (02-28-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 10:40 PM
Pro

You know I'm generally not a fan of silver but that looks sharp with black trim and dark grey wheels.
rbbcpa (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 12:25 PM
Instructor

You know I'm generally not a fan of silver but that looks sharp with black trim and dark grey wheels.
thank you. I wasn’t sure if I would like the black trim and dark wheels (I bought the vehicle sight unseen) in person, but I really think it “pops”.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:23 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

I agree! That's a bad-ass looking RDX. Silver with those wheels. Very nice rbbcpa
rbbcpa (03-01-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 10:39 PM
Instructor

I agree! That's a bad-ass looking RDX. Silver with those wheels. Very nice rbbcpa
thanks.