2019 RDX Owners Pictures/Diary/Registry

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018 | 10:29 PM
10th Gear

Thumbs up 2019 RDX Owners Pictures/Diary/Registry

Hello all,
I'm new to the forums. It looks like there is a lot more activity in this 3rd gen subforum than a month ago!

I am hoping to start a thread with owners of the new 2019 rdx posting photos of their ride(s).

It would be nice to add:

Trim and Price:
Favorite thing about the car:
Least favorite thing about the car:
Lifetime MPG to date:
Other Notes:

I will start off.

Trim and Price: A Spec, $500 under sticker, about $44,400 before tax.
Favorite thing: Interior/Ergonomics
Least Favorite: No standard remote start on the keyfob
MPG: 21.1 on Premium (about 60% city)

Love the car! Get a lot of stares, thumbs up, and questions from people.
Most people seem to dislike the huge Acura badge up front, but I think it's okay, especially as it houses the radar for the adaptive cruise (see a 2018 Hyundai Sonata with Adaptive Cruise to see how it can turn ugly).
It is very sporty, I actually drove it on Malibu canyon roads and was thoroughly impressed (for a 3,800 pound CUV).

Won't be modding this car (also have a 2009 G37 as pictured), as I am looking to get a track/canyon/autocross manual tranny car soon that I will mod a ton.
The car is also perfect as-is, IMO. The tech is so great, I never thought I would use things like adaptive cruise and LKA, but in LA traffic they're great to have.

Hope other owners will chime in! Cheers!
The following 4 users liked this post by froston13:
billyt1963 (07-20-2018), GW208 (07-19-2018), jcardona1 (07-26-2018), Outfitter (07-27-2018)
Old 07-26-2018 | 04:40 PM
Instructor

Nice ride Froston .. I would not put the front license plate on that front grill . IMHO : it ruined the aesthetics of the front fascia .
Just took a delivery of the Majestic Black A-spec . Make sure the dealer does not drill and install the front license plate
Old 07-26-2018 | 05:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dcmod
Nice ride Froston .. I would not put the front license plate on that front grill . IMHO : it ruined the aesthetics of the front fascia .
Just took a delivery of the Majestic Black A-spec . Make sure the dealer does not drill and install the front license plate
It's a legal requirement in CA. Most dealers will not sell a car without a front plate bracket to cover their ass but the Vehicle Code as I interpret it put the burden on the buyer.

(a) Following the retail sale or lease of a motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, a dealer may not deliver the motor vehicle unless either of the following occurs:

(1) The motor vehicle is equipped with a bracket or other means of securing a front license plate.

(2) The dealer obtains a signed written acknowledgment from the person taking delivery of the motor vehicle acknowledging both of the following:

(A) The person expressly refused installation of a bracket or other means of securing the front license plate.

(B) The person understands that California law requires a license plate to be displayed from and securely fastened to the front of the motor vehicle and that the hardware necessary to securely fasten the front plate is available from the dealer.

(b) A manufacturer or distributor may not sell or distribute in this state a new motor vehicle for which the department issues two license plates, unless that motor vehicle is equipped or provided with a bracket or other means of securing the license plates.
Old 07-26-2018 | 05:44 PM
Instructor

I understand the law in California ..
But I have not put any front license plate on all my cars for 20+ years living here with no problems so far. Knock on wood !!!
Here is a trick,, :
U know that sticker for a new car that you put in front right corner of the windshield ?
Don't peel it ,
When u got your real license plates ,, just put the back ...

SO when a cop looks / stare at the front license plates , he would notice it and hopefully think your car is new and you are waiting for a front license plates

Works for me
Old 07-26-2018 | 05:48 PM
Advanced

I understand the law in California ..
But I have not put any front license plate on all my cars for 20+ years living here with no problems so far. Knock on wood !!!
Here is a trick,, :
U know that sticker for a new car that you put in front right corner of the windshield ?
Don't peel it ,
When u got your real license plates ,, just put the back ...

SO when a cop looks / stare at the front license plates , he would notice it and hopefully think your car is new and you are waiting for a front license plates

Works for me
When I purchase the RDX I will try my hardest to get the dealer to deliver without a front bracket because I agree it's hideous. I'll sign whatever waivers/disclaimers they want me to. But I've had terrible luck with front plates in CA to the point I gave up. On 3 separate occasions I've come back to my parked car to find a ticket in the windshield for not having a front plate.

I'll have to try the sticker "trick".
Old 07-26-2018 | 05:56 PM
Instructor

Lol,
IMHO , not having any holes in front to put your license plates is a good selling points when you have to sell the car again .
I sold my 2002 Lexus SC430 with a clean no front license plates to a Canadian buyer that insist he does not like any holes or license plates in the front grilles . Because in Canada its ok to not have a front license plates.
He did peel the temporary stickers that was stuck for 16 years and was a happy buyer
Old 07-26-2018 | 06:04 PM
Instructor

How can you ruin a good RDX grille ?
Old 07-26-2018 | 10:22 PM
Registered TL Owner

My dealer will not put the front lincense platebracket on unless you ask for it. Although it is required in California they say they do not want to drill into their customer’s bumper without their permission. Unfortunately for me my RDX was a dealer trade and I couldn’t wait for another one to come in so I’m dealing with the holes in my bumper.
Old 07-26-2018 | 10:45 PM
Cruisin'

Lol,
IMHO , not having any holes in front to put your license plates is a good selling points when you have to sell the car again .
I sold my 2002 Lexus SC430 with a clean no front license plates to a Canadian buyer that insist he does not like any holes or license plates in the front grilles . Because in Canada its ok to not have a front license plates.
He did peel the temporary stickers that was stuck for 16 years and was a happy buyer
The requirement for a front license plate in Canada depends on the province. In Ontario, it's mandatory to display a license plate in the front, unfortunately.
Old 07-27-2018 | 04:41 AM
Instructor

Ok good to know , my buyer is from Alberta and he does like any holes in the front bumper
Old 07-27-2018 | 03:37 PM
Instructor

My A-Spec Black on Red
SoCal
Discount $2500 off MSRP , does not qualify for military , recent college grad , existing Acura owners, existing 2015 Lexus RX
The following 2 users liked this post by dcmod:
Curious3GTL (08-02-2018), froston13 (07-30-2018)
Old 07-27-2018 | 03:51 PM
Advanced

Beautiful! Which dealership in Socal did you get your RDX from?
Old 07-30-2018 | 01:28 AM
10th Gear

How can you ruin a good RDX grille ?
Nice Black A Spec!

Yeah i would love to roll without the front plates. Now that you mention/show it, it really does mess up the front end.
Unfortunately, the car already had the bracket on when I looked at it.

And I did run without a front plate on a previous car for about 3 years without trouble, but finally got a ticket.
Since then, I just put the plates on... but yeah wish my RDX didn't have them!

Nice pictures, the black on black looks great.
I am about to 3,000 miles in mine... love it!!

I will say that I have already ordered the black/yellow "legacy" California plates, which will look MUCH better on the A Spec.
Old 07-30-2018 | 01:35 AM
Registered TL Owner

Originally Posted by froston13

I will say that I have already ordered the black/yellow "legacy" California plates, which will look MUCH better on the A Spec.
I had the legacy plates on my previous TLX and plan on ordering them for the RDX. I used to get a lot of questions/compliments on the legacy plates. Even had someone knock on my window just to ask me about them and what they meant lol
Old 08-02-2018 | 02:12 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by pnoi521

I had the legacy plates on my previous TLX and plan on ordering them for the RDX. I used to get a lot of questions/compliments on the legacy plates. Even had someone knock on my window just to ask me about them and what they meant lol
Haha, that's great. They seem like they are everywhere now, you probably got them before most people knew about the plates.

PS Post those Pics!!!
Old 08-08-2018 | 08:00 PM
Advanced

Trim and Price: A-Spec SH-AWD, Over MSRP because this was the only White/Ebony SH-AWD A-Spec available for sale in CA and competition was fierce to get one
Favorite thing about the car: Interior and handling
Least favorite thing about the car: In Comfort mode, if I need to step on the accelerator hard, the engine revs high but doesn't really send power to the wheels. I also wish the sound system could provide more bass.
Lifetime MPG to date: 20.5 (highway + city)
Other Notes: Purchased from the same dealer as OP. Was shopping this against the Lexus RX350 and found this to be much more comfortable, more exciting, nicer looking, more spacious where it counts, and a better value.

Last edited by cm2021; 08-08-2018 at 08:07 PM.