2019 RDX DOES 0-60 in 5.7 SECONDS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 12:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
2019 RDX DOES 0-60 in 5.7 SECONDS!!!!!!

The first reviews have been released. The 2019 RDX does 0 to 60 in 5.7 seconds. That’s the fastest out of all competitors in the segment!! (Again, not comparing performance versions of the German rivals which are $15,000-$20,000 Canadian more expensive; however I suspect the V6 Twin Turbo Type S will give them a run for their money). Not only that but it is also among the best handling and most fun to drive!!!!

ACURA IS BACK!!! Eat that haters!!
Old 05-31-2018, 12:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
Source?

Was thinking it'd be as low as 5.5-5.6 since the Q5 does it in 5.8.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:51 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts
Originally Posted by supafamous
Source?

it’s Rockyboy. Disregard
The following users liked this post:
SleekSilver (01-02-2020)
Old 05-31-2018, 07:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kurtatx

it’s Rockyboy. Disregard
The truth is not relative but absolute. It’s the truth whether you disregard or not, just like the laws of physics. The fact is, the 2019 RDX is the best — the dream sports crossover in the 4 cylinder luxury crossover segment. Acura really outdid themselves this time, what a fantastic job Jon Ikeda and his team are doing!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by supafamous
Source?

Redline reviews test drive. Based on your driving skills you might be able to push it to 5.5-5.6 who knows 😁
Old 05-31-2018, 07:47 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,521 Likes on 1,186 Posts
This Car and Driver article states the 0-60 times as 5.6 - 5.7 seconds: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-drive-review

I would like to see the testing on passing times of 30-50 mph and 50-70 with the 10AT. That is what I do 90% of the time if I need to get going. Haven't figured out what is different about the A-spec model and why it gets lower MPGS?

Last edited by mrgold35; 05-31-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

This is really a sports car with the space and conveniences of a SUV.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
That number was produced at around 2500 ft above sea level. So expect closer to 5.5 seconds if you live at or close to sea level. And yes I know the RDX is turbo charged, and yes turbo motor are still affected by high altitudes, just not as severely as N/A motors.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:01 AM
mrgold35

I think the best I could do in my 1st Gen RDX with Hondata+ETS Intercooler was around 6.5 - 6.8 seconds to 0-60 mph if I TQ braked to spool up the turbo first. The mods I have put the TQ around 295-300 at mid-range and that made for a lot fun passing and hitting the corners with sh-awd even with the 5AT.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:29 AM
Volvo Defector

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
This Car and Driver article states the 0-60 times as 5.6 - 5.7 seconds: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...t-drive-review

I would like to see the testing on passing times of 30-50 mph and 50-70 with the 10AT. That is what I do 90% of the time if I need to get going. Haven't figured out what is different about the A-spec model and why it gets lower MPGS?
I'm guessing lower MPG because of the bigger wheels + wider tires. The TLX A-Spec suffers the same MPG decrease vs standard trims because of the wider tires.

I too am baffled in regards to the A-Spec model as to why the hell it doesn't come with the adaptive dampers like the TLX & MDX A-Spec does. Redline review said only the Advanced trim receives the adaptive dampers. Why wouldn't they put that on their more sporty model like the other two vehicles? And they omitted the wireless cell charger in all trims. The TLX A-Spec and up came with this.
I see Acura is still up to their inconsistent shenanigans again.

Regardless, the new RDX is a big step up from the last gen and will definitely sell like hotcakes since its a very nice addition to a hot segment.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:31 AM
Volvo Defector

I think the best I could do in my 1st Gen RDX with Hondata+ETS Intercooler was around 6.5 - 6.8 seconds to 0-60 mph if I TQ braked to spool up the turbo first. The mods I have put the TQ around 295-300 at mid-range and that made for a lot fun passing and hitting the corners with sh-awd even with the 5AT.
I believe Hondata has already come out with flashes for the Civic Type R 2.0T which I think will carry over to this RDX. I'm thinking they will safely be able to add around 20-30hp and 30-40 or so torque to make this a little faster too.

EDIT: Actually they already have one for the Honda Accord 2.0T Stage 1 with +45hp & +40lbs and Stage 2 with +50hp +85lbs. That's pretty impressive and even more so with SH-AWD in this thing.

See Dyno charts: https://www.hondata.com/products/fla...ro-2018-accord

Last edited by reddogTL; 05-31-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:47 AM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by reddogTL
I'm guessing lower MPG because of the bigger wheels + wider tires. The TLX A-Spec suffers the same MPG decrease vs standard trims because of the wider tires.
I thought the chrome accents were more aerodynamic but your explanation makes more sense. LOL
Old 05-31-2018, 08:48 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
I have to agree with the OP and he is right!

So far based on Alex and Redline reviews RDX is a clear winner and both of the reviewers put RDX above Infiniti and Lexus. As Sofyan said, RDX falls between X3 and Q5. What an amazing compliment!!!

Acura - thank you for bringing BACK the Precision Crafted Performance!!!

Last edited by Tony Pac; 05-31-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Curious3GTL (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 08:50 AM
mrgold35

I was really wishing the A-Spec would also have the electronic damper system. We have to double-check to see if the electronic dampers are plug-n-play with the A-Spec OR is it cheaper (easier) just to turn the Adv model into an A-Spec (exterior add-on)?

I love those Hondata Stage I & II numbers; but, unsure of the 10AT being able to handle all that TQ long term. I'm going to have to wait a few years for results on the 10AT before doing Hondata if I go for the +19 RDX.
Curious3GTL (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 08:58 AM
Volvo Defector

I was really wishing the A-Spec would also have the electronic damper system. We have to double-check to see if the electronic dampers are plug-n-play with the A-Spec OR is it cheaper (easier) just to turn the Adv model into an A-Spec (exterior add-on)?

I love those Hondata Stage I & II numbers; but, unsure of the 10AT being able to handle all that TQ long term. I'm going to have to wait a few years for results on the 10AT before doing Hondata if I go for the +19 RDX.
I'm going to guess the 10AT will not be able to handle Stage 2 numbers because if you look at the link I posted, the Stage 2 numbers are for the 6MT Accord 2.0T, not the 10AT. The Stage 1 numbers are the same for the 10AT Accord & 6MT Accord.

I would think the 45hp/40lbs numbers are close to what this RDX will get. However, the Accord/Civic Type R 2.0T does not have SH-AWD in the equation so these numbers may vary once Hondata does their testing with this vehicle.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:27 AM
Volvo Defector

Originally Posted by ultramart
I thought the chrome accents were more aerodynamic but your explanation makes more sense. LOL
VTEC alone adds 10hp!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:27 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts

Much bigger wheels. That's probably it.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:31 AM
Team Owner

I too am baffled in regards to the A-Spec model as to why the hell it doesn't come with the adaptive dampers like the TLX & MDX A-Spec does. Redline review said only the Advanced trim receives the adaptive dampers. Why wouldn't they put that on their more sporty model like the other two vehicles? And they omitted the wireless cell charger in all trims. The TLX A-Spec and up came with this.
I see Acura is still up to their inconsistent shenanigans again.

Regardless, the new RDX is a big step up from the last gen and will definitely sell like hotcakes since its a very nice addition to a hot segment.
Give your head a shake. Acura physically cannot give you every little feature available on the market, in a 45k car. It's not possible. No one else can do it either. Sure, the RDX misses this or that, but guess what, the competition that has that "this and that" is missing something else then.

Also, Acura is setting this car up for minor updates at the MMC. If they literally gave you everything now, what would entice people to buy a new RDX when it is 3 years out on the market? The numbers don't lie. They NEED to add content at the MMC to keep sales from plummeting in years 4 and 5.

There are no shenanigans. Contents wise, you can't have a Porsche on a VW budget. People are already complaining about no folding mirrors, no power steering wheel, no adaptive suspension, etc... would you really be willing to pay another 2500 above the current price point, to add that stuff? My guess is no, seeing as people were already complaining about it topping out at 55k. Acura is in the business of making money, not giving stuff away for free. They have carefully calculated profit margins and you can bet the bean counters went through every inch of that car to see where they could save and keep the price where it is.

Last edited by TacoBello; 05-31-2018 at 10:40 AM.
mapleloaf (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Team Owner

While I can understand why you'd want adaptive suspension (I too would like it), it's not necessarily a bad thing you can't have it... think about it, the reliability on such suspensions in the past was questionable at best. Especially in cold climates. And they were extremely expensive to replace. The RDX being a new model, you might be dodging a major bullet by not being able to have it... I guess time will tell.

And yeah, while the ride is nice on an adaptive suspension, I highly doubt not having it will result in a terribly feeling and handling vehicle. It's already getting praises and I doubt everyone was testing the Advance trim. I'm sure there were a few A-specs going around also. Like... unless you have a specific need for that suspension, I get the feeling you will feel completely satisfied riding on with out it. We've had hundreds of cars over the decades that never had adaptive suspension and everyone got around just fine.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by TacoBello
While I can understand why you'd want adaptive suspension (I too would like it), it's not necessarily a bad thing you can't have it... think about it, the reliability on such suspensions in the past was questionable at best. Especially in cold climates. And they were extremely expensive to replace. The RDX being a new model, you might be dodging a major bullet by not being able to have it... I guess time will tell.

And yeah, while the ride is nice on an adaptive suspension, I highly doubt not having it will result in a terribly feeling and handling vehicle. It's already getting praises and I doubt everyone was testing the Advance trim. I'm sure there were a few A-specs going around also. Like... unless you have a specific need for that suspension, I get the feeling you will feel completely satisfied riding on with out it. We've had hundreds of cars over the decades that never had adaptive suspension and everyone got around just fine.
I guess I'm trying to figure out the purpose of the A-spec version other than cosmetic if it is slower, lower mpgs, and doesn't handle any better (or worst) compared to the base, tech, or Adv sh-awd models? Just sounds like cosmetic add-on, 20" rims, 3D stereo, and cooled seat mostly.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:16 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
I guess I'm trying to figure out the purpose of the A-spec version other than cosmetic if it is slower, lower mpgs, and doesn't handle any better (or worst) compared to the base, tech, or Adv sh-awd models? Just sounds like cosmetic add-on, 20" rims, 3D stereo, and cooled seat mostly.
Just look at them in person. Saw them side-by-side last night. I don't think I could own a non-ASpec trim. Found these to look very bland, even a bit ugly in my personal opinion. The A-Spec package is purely cosmetic but it's a huge difference if you're into the looks and styling.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:20 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Who said it was slower? Please cite where you read this (actual tested numbers), since I must have missed it somewhere. I would think the wider tires/lower profile will give definite grip and handling improvements. I would also think 0-60 would be about the same for all models.
jcardona1 (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts
I agree. The A-Spec should be a styling package offered on both the Tech and Advance trims. As much as I like the A-Spec's styling, I wouldn't buy one due to the one-size-fits-all feature content.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by jcardona1
Just look at them in person. Saw them side-by-side last night. I don't think I could own a non-ASpec trim. Found these to look very bland, even a bit ugly in my personal opinion. The A-Spec package is purely cosmetic but it's a huge difference if you're into the looks and styling.
But you shouldn't have to go without features because you care about styling. It's not what you get with the A-Spec that's the problem, it's what you don't.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
But you shouldn't have to go without features because you care about styling. It's not what you get with the A-Spec that's the problem, it's what you don't.
Absolutely agree. I think Acura screwed up big time with the trim levels and features. But what can you do? For me personally, I think the A-Spec styling is more important than what the Advance model offers and after seeing the red interior in person it's a must-have for me. HUD is nice but I always wear polarized sunglasses while driving. I do wish it had the active damper system.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
Exactly. this 100%. Assuming we are all buying a car to keep for a relatively long period of time, I would imagine tech and features are a big consideration when purchasing. There are just SO many things missing from the A-Spec that I want in a vehicle i'm purchasing today. I feel like I'd be showing the car to people and all will be great until they start asking "so does it come with A? B?" and my answer is "No...." to so many features. I have to go finalize my order soon and I think I am just going to get the platinum elite and mod the exterior in due course (ie. blacking out the chrome, new rims, etc). To each their own, but personally I think that's the way forward that would make me most happy in a few years when i look back at my decision.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:42 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by hondu
Who said it was slower? Please cite where you read this (actual tested numbers), since I must have missed it somewhere. I would think the wider tires/lower profile will give definite grip and handling improvements. I would also think 0-60 would be about the same for all models.
I said IF it is slower. I haven't seen the specs of the 20 inch rim/tire combo; but, it seems to effect mpgs (not sure because of type of tires used, extra mass of the rims, and/or wider tires). I'm really leaning hard toward an used sh-sh-awd MDX hybrid (if I can find one within 1000 miles of me). An used 17 sh-sh-awd MDX Adv with 15,000 miles are around the 19 RDX Adv price range.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:47 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I said IF it is slower. I haven't seen the specs of the 20 inch rim/tire combo; but, it seems to effect mpgs (not sure because of type of tires used, extra mass of the rims, and/or wider tires). I'm really leaning hard toward an used sh-sh-awd MDX hybrid (if I can find one within 1000 miles of me). An used 17 sh-sh-awd MDX Adv with 15,000 miles are around the 19 RDX Adv price range.
The wider tires will definitely affect gas mileage (and probably stickier rubber as well), but I think it will also definitely handle better than the other trims. I would also think 0-60 times will be about the same for all trims (maybe lighter 19" wheel/tire combo, but better grip will cancel out).
Old 05-31-2018, 11:56 AM
Team Owner

Yeah, that's all it really is, is a cosmetic package. That's all the aspec package ever was, unless you consider the wee bit stiffer springs for the suspension, in the past. Generally all it was, was different wheels, a body kit, slightly stiffer and lower suspension, and maybe a few other very minor pieces. But everything else pretty much stayed the same. While the TLX does get the active suspension, I'm wondering if they were able to get the RDX suspension to feel and respond well enough where Acura felt that charging customers $______ more wasn't worth the price increase. Who knows.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:05 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by hondu
In 100% of all cases, a heavier wheel/tire combination will result in more unsprung mass for the engine to try and spin. You can shave 10 pounds off the body of the car and not notice it at all. But 10 pounds off the driven wheels will result in very different driving characteristics. You'll be able to brake sooner, accelerate faster, and your steering response will be quicker as well (and yes, fuel economy also).

Going up even an inch in size will change how the car feels. In my experience, going to a larger wheel, you don't notice the weight gains... it's when you swap out back to a smaller wheel where it becomes really apparent.

Here's the other thing- let's say you buy some larger, yet lighter wheels overall. They'll still have a negative effect on everything, due to the weight being distributed further away from the centre of the hub. You essentially have more metal sticking past the smaller wheel, where otherwise you'd have tire sidewall instead. Moving that weight outwards, if you think of it as a moment arm, has a detrimental effect. I experience this on my TL, every 6 months, when I swap between summer and winter wheels. My summer wheels are an inch bigger in diameter, but overall weigh a tiny wee bit less than the stock wheels, that I use for winter... yet whenever I put the winter wheels on, the car feels completely different. It feels lighter on its feet, accelerates just a wee bit faster, etc.

unfortunately, there's no getting around physics. The A-Spec has to be a wee bit slower, though it might only be like 0.1-0.2s slower, 0-60.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Volvo Defector

Give your head a shake. Acura physically cannot give you every little feature available on the market, in a 45k car. It's not possible. No one else can do it either. Sure, the RDX misses this or that, but guess what, the competition that has that "this and that" is missing something else then.

Also, Acura is setting this car up for minor updates at the MMC. If they literally gave you everything now, what would entice people to buy a new RDX when it is 3 years out on the market? The numbers don't lie. They NEED to add content at the MMC to keep sales from plummeting in years 4 and 5.

There are no shenanigans. Contents wise, you can't have a Porsche on a VW budget. People are already complaining about no folding mirrors, no power steering wheel, no adaptive suspension, etc... would you really be willing to pay another 2500 above the current price point, to add that stuff? My guess is no, seeing as people were already complaining about it topping out at 55k. Acura is in the business of making money, not giving stuff away for free. They have carefully calculated profit margins and you can bet the bean counters went through every inch of that car to see where they could save and keep the price where it is.
"Give your head a shake" Not entirely sure what this means. I am not talking about competition. I'm talking about Acura's own product line. The A-Spec line differentiates itself as the Sporty Trim model. The TLX A-Spec comes with active dampers to tighten things up when you switch the IDS/Dynamic mode to Sport. If you're going to advertise your vehicles as Precision Crafted Performance then stop f'ing around with your bean counters trying to make the trim model fall within a few hundred $ of the competitor model, live up to your marketing material to give your customers what they want.

"would you really be willing to pay another 2500 above the current price point, to add that stuff?" YES. Why else would I be complaining about it? Even at another $2,500 to add the active dampers, power folder mirrors, and adjustable steering wheel its still $10K cheaper than the German competition with the same features and at least $5K cheaper than the other Japanese counterparts(Yes I'm looking at you Lexus). The market has punished the bean counters by eliminating options the customer wants over and over again. MMC they can add Type S and hybrid variants.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:44 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
"Give your head a shake" Not entirely sure what this means. I am not talking about competition. I'm talking about Acura's own product line. The A-Spec line differentiates itself as the Sporty Trim model. The TLX A-Spec comes with active dampers to tighten things up when you switch the IDS/Dynamic mode to Sport. If you're going to advertise your vehicles as Precision Crafted Performance then stop f'ing around with your bean counters trying to make the trim model fall within a few hundred $ of the competitor model, live up to your marketing material to give your customers what they want.

"would you really be willing to pay another 2500 above the current price point, to add that stuff?" YES. Why else would I be complaining about it? Even at another $2,500 to add the active dampers, power folder mirrors, and adjustable steering wheel its still $10K cheaper than the German competition with the same features and at least $5K cheaper than the other Japanese counterparts(Yes I'm looking at you Lexus). The market has punished the bean counters by eliminating options the customer wants over and over again. MMC they can add Type S and hybrid variants.
The TLX doesn't come with active dampers, at least the Canadian models don't. The TLX comes with Amplitude Reactive Dampers. I assume the Active Damper system in the 2019 RDX is similar to the one used in the MDX Sport Hybrid.

Amplitude Reactive Dampers

Active Damper System
TacoBello (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 12:58 PM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
The TLX A-Spec does not have active dampers. No TLX has active dampers like the new RDX does.

The V6 SHAWD models have a stiffer spring rate and a different stabilizer bar but that is it. I think they pretty much had to do that because the pre-MMC TLX V6's weren't particularly sporty. The I4 A-spec doesn't have any suspension changes.

The MDX Sport Hybrid has Active Dampers - but the new A-spec MDX, from the press release, does not have active dampers and will just use the stock suspension (but full info about it isn't out yet).

The A-spec is an appearance package with a few features thrown in. Type-S models and more Sport hybrids will be about substantive performance gains.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:54 PM
Team Owner

Problem is- there aren't enough people like you for Acura to justify making the car more expensive. They're trying to round up as many customers as possible, not just the ones who are willing to spend more. Economically, the RDX is priced as high as it should be and Acura would be destroying its own sales numbers by jacking the price 2500 bucks. Supply and demand. And demand goes down with cost increases.

Also, just because there is an A-spec RDX, does not all of a sudden mean that all A-spec packages are created equal between platforms. Either way, as pointed out, the TLX doesn't even have adaptive suspension, so

But hey, if you're willing to spend more, look at the competition. Let me know what other vehicle in this price range features as much as the RDX does. I'll wait.

You also need to realize that Honda is a relatively small company and Acura is even smaller, when compared to the competition. They don't have the ability to give us 10 different options packages. In fact, Honda is one of the remaining car companies not owned by a much bigger brand. I dunno how long they'll be able to keep that going, but if you want more options, that's the only way it will happen.

Last edited by TacoBello; 05-31-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:57 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Is it possible that the A-Spec suspension is slightly different then the normal versions or adapt suspension versions? Similar to the TLX A-Spec, slightly stiffer, etc?
Old 05-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

Could be. We don't know yet though.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:06 PM
Volvo Defector

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
The TLX doesn't come with active dampers, at least the Canadian models don't. The TLX comes with Amplitude Reactive Dampers. I assume the Active Damper system in the 2019 RDX is similar to the one used in the MDX Sport Hybrid.

Amplitude Reactive Dampers

Active Damper System
I stand corrected, I could have sworn reading the reviews when it first came out that it did. The dampers are different in the TLX A-Spec trim however from the standard trims, they're just not Active. I remember the MDX in the prior generation had them and customers did report increased issues with the suspension setups.

Both FWD and AWD versions of the TLX A-Spec receive retuned damper valves and retuned steering (according to Acura, on-center steering effort at 62 mph is roughly 16% higher). SH-AWD-equipped variants also receive quicker steering ratio, a slight increase of 0.1 kgf/mm in spring rate at all four corners to 3.0 kgf/mm up front and 3.1 kgf/mm at rear, as well as a stiffer rear anti-roll bar; the A-Spec’s is 25.4 mm wide and has a 3.8 mm thick wall, increases of 0.7 mm and 0.1 mm, respectively.
Source: Five Details that Make the 2018 Acura TLX A-Spec | Automobile Magazine
Old 05-31-2018, 05:12 PM
Volvo Defector

Problem is- there aren't enough people like you for Acura to justify making the car more expensive. They're trying to round up as many customers as possible, not just the ones who are willing to spend more. Economically, the RDX is priced as high as it should be and Acura would be destroying its own sales numbers by jacking the price 2500 bucks. Supply and demand. And demand goes down with cost increases.

Also, just because there is an A-spec RDX, does not all of a sudden mean that all A-spec packages are created equal between platforms. Either way, as pointed out, the TLX doesn't even have adaptive suspension, so

But hey, if you're willing to spend more, look at the competition. Let me know what other vehicle in this price range features as much as the RDX does. I'll wait.

You also need to realize that Honda is a relatively small company and Acura is even smaller, when compared to the competition. They don't have the ability to give us 10 different options packages. In fact, Honda is one of the remaining car companies not owned by a much bigger brand. I dunno how long they'll be able to keep that going, but if you want more options, that's the only way it will happen.
Agree on all points, as I previously just posted I stand corrected that the TLX A-Spec does not have active dampers, but are modified along with other attributes of the suspension setup. It is true that Acura is a much smaller market, mainly because they're just here in the US. Everywhere else their vehicles are Honda's. The only other vehicle that comes to mind against the RDX, and even then is kind of pushing it because they've been moving more upscale is Lincoln and the MKC. I'm also surprised that they have not brought the Chinese CDX sub compact here yet considering how hot that market is.
Pricing out a BMW X3 or MB GLC with the same spec's I've always went over by $10k or so compared to Acura. But BMW and MB have spent their past few years filling every single gap in all markets. X1, X2, X4, X5, X6, and soon to be X7. Forget about their car lineups.
I honestly think Acura was a little premature with the ZDX, with everyone else having couple SUV's a modern ZDX I think would be nice right about now.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jcardona1
I thought so too. I'm not much of a wheels guy but those A-Spec wheels are very sharp and the Advance wheels are not attractive to be polite. I like the Tech wheels better than the Advance. The interior of the A-Spec is very impressive too.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:24 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Damn Acura why don't you make A-spec into a package that can be added to all trims...lol.
RDX10 (06-02-2018)

Quick Reply: 2019 RDX DOES 0-60 in 5.7 SECONDS!!!!!!