Erin's 3rd Gen MDX Build Thread, Lowered, Vossens, Chrome Delete, ProgressPicArchive.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 PM
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts
Erin's 3rd Gen MDX Build Thread, Lowered, Vossens, Chrome Delete, ProgressPicArchive.

Welcome to the thread, I need somewhere to document this build and hold all the images, diy's, and progress dates much as we did over in the 4th Gen TL Group... So here we go with a 3rd Gen MDX Build Thread. A little background this is the wifes new daily driver, she works from home so it doesn't get a ton of miles but it still has to be able to pull up to a gas station or car meet and turn some heads... If you would like to see the previous ride here is the AZine Build Thread over in the 4th Gen TL Section. https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...ip-kit-876569/ <~~~Link!!... We did one of the first 10 seriously hooked up 4th Gen TL's in the County back then and from what I am seeing out there for the 3rd Gen MDX this one may take it to another level that only a couple have seen at this point. As the service guys at the Acura store said, "Can't wait to see what ya'll do to the Soccer Mom Grocery Getter..." Anywho now that Christmas has passed and she got a few presents under the tree for the MDX and we made a few more purchases today... I figured I'd start the thread... There's not really any notes to go off of as to perfect fitment on wheel/ tires size, level of stretch needed, offsets so we're starting blind here and going to learn as we go... Up First will be a set of Vossen CV4's 22x10.5 all around... Wrapped in Toyo Proxes ST Rubber dropped on Megan Racing Coil Overs... I'm going to hold back on the offsets and tire sizes at this time... To keep a little surprise on whats coming... Plus at this point who knows how the fitment is going to be... Here's a pic of the fresh untouched unmolested canvas... a 2016 MDX Tech in White Diamond Pearl with Ebony Leather... The Wheels are here, Tires should be picked up tomorrow or Tuesday after the Holiday... and the Coilovers leave Cali on the way to Florida on Tuesday as we missed the shipping cut off today we called the Megan Racing Rep to late...
Attached Thumbnails Erin's 3rd Gen MDX Build Thread, Lowered, Vossens, Chrome Delete, ProgressPicArchive.-mdx-untouched.jpg  

Last edited by User Error; 12-29-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts
Okay so we're into the New Year, The Holidays are over, and there's quite a stack of parts in the garage... Megan Racing's Shipment Finally Arrived yesterday, So The Coilovers are Here, The Vossens have been here... and there's some black wrap waiting... Still up in the air on if the Taillights are going to stay red or going to the paintshop to get smoked out... Either way Pics are coming soon... and I think step one will make a huge transformation to this "Soccer Mom Truck"...

Last edited by User Error; 01-06-2018 at 11:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Shadow2056 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Looking forward to it!
Old 06-24-2018, 04:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey what happend??? Update???