What's everyone paying for their new 2014 MDX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:54 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's everyone paying for their new 2014 MDX?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can everyone share how much they paid for their 2014 MDX with incentives, discounts, invoice pricing, etc?

I'm currently in the market for a new 2014 and want to do some pricing researching before pulling the plug.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Most people have been paying MSRP from what I've read. Some people have had all weather mats thrown in.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
MSRP ! But very happy with the car! Worth every penny ! Got the all whether mats and trunk tray, wheel locks and net cost to install all the accessories I bought

Last edited by alkus77; 06-25-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:59 PM
2014 MDX, 2011 Audi B8 S4

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi guys I picked up a 2014 MDX SH-AWD Tech & Ent $51,600 inc destination - $1,250 (discount) and they gave me $14K for my 2007 TLS with 115K miles on it! I feel I got a pretty good deal all things considered. Originally they only wanted to give me 13K for it so they baked in the extra 1K discount into the TLS trade. I had purchased 2 Acuras in the past from this dealer.

Last edited by GbosilTLS07; 06-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Instructor

I think the advance will be MSRP for a while , cause there are just a few available , my dealer got just one(which is the one I bought) and won't have another till August , on the other trims they have like 6 or 7 and getting more soon! Acura is just making most FWD too this month and July ( this is what dealer told me)
Old 06-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by alkus77
I think the advance will be MSRP for a while , cause there are just a few available , my dealer got just one(which is the one I bought) and won't have another till August , on the other trims they have like 6 or 7 and getting more soon! Acura is just making most FWD too this month and July ( this is what dealer told me)
I just ordered a Forest Mist Metallic/Eucalyptus color combo SH-AWD Advance. My dealer offered a small $300 discount with free all-season mats (for all rows) and foldable cargo tray. I won't be getting the unit until late July or early August. I'm not sure if this is already a good deal considering it's an Advance trim. I think I should negotiate more when the unit comes since it's a significant wait before I get the vehicle.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by OhioMDXer
I just ordered a Forest Mist Metallic/Eucalyptus color combo SH-AWD Advance. My dealer offered a small $300 discount with free all-season mats (for all rows) and foldable cargo tray. I won't be getting the unit until late July or early August. I'm not sure if this is already a good deal considering it's an Advance trim. I think I should negotiate more when the unit comes since it's a significant wait before I get the vehicle.
Very cool! That was my original trim/color , and like you I was told I had to wait till August too, till 8/16 to be exactly and I ordered it April, but when I saw the white pearl advance I changed my mind and got the car now.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Very cool! That was my original trim/color , and like you I was told I had to wait till August too, till 8/16 to be exactly and I ordered it April, but when I saw the white pearl advance I changed my mind and got the car now.
Thanks! I also like the Fathom Blue Pearl but it only comes with the graystone interior which is too light for my taste.

Did you get any free accessories from your dealer? I will probably request for them to include the wheel locks and cargo net to the freebies.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Instructor

Thanks! I also like the Fathom Blue Pearl but it only comes with the graystone interior which is too light for my taste.

Did you get any free accessories from your dealer? I will probably request for them to include the wheel locks and cargo net to the freebies.
Yes ! I got the all wheater mats , cargo tray, wheel locks.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Advanced

How well do your ventilated seats work? I really wish they were cooled rather than ventilated.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs
How well do your ventilated seats work? I really wish they were cooled rather than ventilated.
Works very well, you won't hear them unless you park the car , turn off the AC and switch to cool it to max , overall keeps you cooled all the time and you can't tell it's on and it is not annoying like the BMW. Very pleasant !
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm also with 2014 MDX Advance. Ventilated seats are not like icing your butt. I'm not sure whether it blows air or sucks air. Looks like the seats suck air. But, I can feel the coolness from the seat.

One problem with the ventilated seats is noticeable noise. I barely hear the noise when the car is running, but when the car is stopped (engine on) I can clearly hear white-noise-like fan noise. I can even hear in level-1 fan. In the full speed (level 3) fan noise is quite big.

This is my first experience with the ventilated seats, so I can't compare to other makers.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:55 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by printf
I'm also with 2014 MDX Advance. Ventilated seats are not like icing your butt. I'm not sure whether it blows air or sucks air. Looks like the seats suck air. But, I can feel the coolness from the seat.

One problem with the ventilated seats is noticeable noise. I barely hear the noise when the car is running, but when the car is stopped (engine on) I can clearly hear white-noise-like fan noise. I can even hear in level-1 fan. In the full speed (level 3) fan noise is quite big.

This is my first experience with the ventilated seats, so I can't compare to other makers.
Interesting and thanks for pointing out the ventilated seat noise. I plan on getting the same package and will try to listen for it during the test drive Infiniti also has ventilated seats and it's pretty quiet even at a stop.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ATXMDX
Interesting and thanks for pointing out the ventilated seat noise. I plan on getting the same package and will try to listen for it during the test drive Infiniti also has ventilated seats and it's pretty quiet even at a stop.
Infiniti generally has cooled or climate controlled seats vs ventilated seats. They actually blow air conditioned air through the seat instead of sucking away the warmth. This was very noticeable in the JX35 I test drove so I was curious about the MDX.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

I might be wrong but I think the Eucalyptus is also a gray color with a touch of green.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AcuraHL91
I might be wrong but I think the Eucalyptus is also a gray color with a touch of green.
Yes, it's gray but darker, and I like the greenish hue mixed in.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

Yes, it's gray but darker, and I like the greenish hue mixed in.
I saw many pics of that color already but might have to check it out in person to see how it looks in real life.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Instructor

It sucks air, on mine I can't hear anything, are you using them on MAX?? Try using with A/C Auto..
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Advanced

It sucks air, on mine I can't hear anything, are you using them on MAX?? Try using with A/C Auto..
It was the MIN mode. Actually, I'm very sensitive white noise or high-frequency fan noise. I'm gonna see other car this weekend.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
So much for the original topic of this thread...
Old 06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agree...
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I paid MSRP ($57,400) for the Advanced/ENT/SHAWD. They gave me 28K for my 2012 TL Advanced and threw in an 8 yr/100,000 warranty and Titanium Package at no additional charge. I had no problems with this deal! $ well spent IMHO.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
2014 Advance/Entertainment models are just like the previous generation MDX Advance, and meant to be produced in very low volume. Right now most dealers have received a White Diamond Adv/Ent, but we are all waiting weeks to months for sold orders of other colors waiting to be produced in the line.

Certain colors and trim levels are much more difficult than others.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I paid MSRP as well and couldn't be happier. Wheel locks are the only extra I received.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 AM
5th Gear

I got 1k off. Dealer was willing to do that for a SH-AWD, tech. But we couldn't find the color combo we wanted and got just a SH-AWD instead.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs
Infiniti generally has cooled or climate controlled seats vs ventilated seats. They actually blow air conditioned air through the seat instead of sucking away the warmth. This was very noticeable in the JX35 I test drove so I was curious about the MDX.
No they don't. They have ventilated seats and not air conditioned ones.

http://www.examiner.com/article/driv...-and-substance
Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by beach109
2014 Advance/Entertainment models are just like the previous generation MDX Advance, and meant to be produced in very low volume. Right now most dealers have received a White Diamond Adv/Ent, but we are all waiting weeks to months for sold orders of other colors waiting to be produced in the line.

Certain colors and trim levels are much more difficult than others.
Yeah the White Diamond seems to be what they have rolling off the line. I WANTED either the Graphite Metallic or Blue Perl but I was told 'custom' color orders would not arrive until late August/early September. I was lucky that my dealer had 1 Silver Moon (which is the one I purchased). I wasn't convinced at first (I've never had a silver car) and of course I purchased it before seeing it (I know, I know...). I am 100% happy with the decision to go Silver. It is soo sharp! My dealer has since sold 1 of the White Diamonds. They started with 50 MDXs on the 20th and now have 14 in stock.

To bring this back to the original thread, I think others are correct, we'll be seeing MSRP for quite a while on this car.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by GbosilTLS07
Hi guys I picked up a 2014 MDX SH-AWD Tech & Ent $51,600 inc destination - $1,250 (discount) and they gave me $14K for my 2007 TLS with 115K miles on it! I feel I got a pretty good deal all things considered. Originally they only wanted to give me 13K for it so they baked in the extra 1K discount into the TLS trade. I had purchased 2 Acuras in the past from this dealer.
A good deal. Congrats!! Looking forward for my own in the next couple of ......!!! I just love the 2014 MDX!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by emmanuelNigeria
A good deal. Congrats!! Looking forward for my own in the next couple of ......!!! I just love the 2014 MDX!
...hours??? :-D
Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Only one dealer in San Antonio and I am paying MRSP, which I anticipated. One thing I considered was the mileage on my 2010 MDX, Base which I just under 50k. It is in great condition and we'll see how much they will give me on trade-in. I checked KBB and the black book estimates, so I am trying to go in realistically thinking I will be offered the lower end. I get the 2014 MDX FWD Tech (Black/Black) next week....Excited!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by HarvInTX
Only one dealer in San Antonio and I am paying MRSP, which I anticipated. One thing I considered was the mileage on my 2010 MDX, Base which I just under 50k. It is in great condition and we'll see how much they will give me on trade-in. I checked KBB and the black book estimates, so I am trying to go in realistically thinking I will be offered the lower end. I get the 2014 MDX FWD Tech (Black/Black) next week....Excited!!!
Great car! With the new direct injected V6 and FWD, you will be seeing a HUGE difference in mileage and be at the pump less often for sure. I expect to see more and more FWD models throughout the country, as rollout continues. Most of the competition has been selling their midsize to larger crossovers exactly as such in large percentages for a while now, and even in PA, a lot of my clients have switched to FWD RDX's in the latest gen.

Enjoy. The car is incredible. Have they appraised your 2010 in person? That's the immediate answer.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HarvInTX
Congrats man! Hope you come join the SA group for some meets and get togethers. See our topic here.

https://acurazine.com/forums/texas-319/official-san-antonio-thread-751988/
Old 07-04-2013, 10:18 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by snookssec
Yeah the White Diamond seems to be what they have rolling off the line. I WANTED either the Graphite Metallic or Blue Perl but I was told 'custom' color orders would not arrive until late August/early September. I was lucky that my dealer had 1 Silver Moon (which is the one I purchased). I wasn't convinced at first (I've never had a silver car) and of course I purchased it before seeing it (I know, I know...). I am 100% happy with the decision to go Silver. It is soo sharp! My dealer has since sold 1 of the White Diamonds. They started with 50 MDXs on the 20th and now have 14 in stock.

To bring this back to the original thread, I think others are correct, we'll be seeing MSRP for quite a while on this car.
Just purchased an AWD Advance for $2,200 below MSRP. Very pleasantly surprised with my experience at dealer. I also ordered the Silver Moon. I, too, have never been a silver fan, but it does look sharp on this model! Have been told it should be in near the end of the month. Certainly hope it does not drag on to the end of the Summer, though this model does seem to be in extremely limited supply.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
No they don't. They have ventilated seats and not air conditioned ones.

http://www.examiner.com/article/driv...-and-substance
I believe that article is wrong. They likely use the language interchangeably, calling all seats ventilated that have the feature. Infiniti's language is "climate controlled" in their official specs and I can vouch for how cold they get. When car companies say "ventilated" in their official material they do not mean cooled or climate controlled in my experience.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Safety Car

Umm no it's not. I know people at Nissan and had a few Infiniti's myself. It is just ventilated and not air conditioned. T
here are other articles out there too if you search.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Umm no it's not. I know people at Nissan and had a few Infiniti's myself. It is just ventilated and not air conditioned. T
here are other articles out there too if you search.
Thank you for the information!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AnxiousForTL
Just purchased an AWD Advance for $2,200 below MSRP. Very pleasantly surprised with my experience at dealer. I also ordered the Silver Moon. I, too, have never been a silver fan, but it does look sharp on this model! Have been told it should be in near the end of the month. Certainly hope it does not drag on to the end of the Summer, though this model does seem to be in extremely limited supply.
Very good deal! Did you trade-in or buy accessories?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:00 PM
7th Gear

Very good deal! Did you trade-in or buy accessories?
I will be trading in my 2010 TL for $21k. A bit light from KBB, but about what I expected. In terms of accessories, I am still undecided on that, so it was not part of the negotiations. May go with the crossbar and all weather mats if they provide a good enough discount.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by beach109
Great car! With the new direct injected V6 and FWD, you will be seeing a HUGE difference in mileage and be at the pump less often for sure. I expect to see more and more FWD models throughout the country, as rollout continues. Most of the competition has been selling their midsize to larger crossovers exactly as such in large percentages for a while now, and even in PA, a lot of my clients have switched to FWD RDX's in the latest gen.

Enjoy. The car is incredible. Have they appraised your 2010 in person? That's the immediate answer.
Since the quote is only good for 10 days, I waited on getting the quote. I will get the quote next week when I go in to pick up the '14. I was hoping for 26,500 but if they get me 24,500+ I will be happy.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM
4th Gear

I payed $2000 under retail for an Advanced/ENT/SHAWD.

Quick Reply: What's everyone paying for their new 2014 MDX?