What are the best Acura accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 01:52 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the best Acura accessories?

This would be my first Acura and they seem to offer a lot of accessories. Which ones do you consider must have or the best ones?
Old 07-08-2017, 11:13 AM
7th Gear

The first thing I installed was a tow hitch. I love how the factory one fits up tightly. I couldn't find it aftermarket in the same arrangement. We use the hitch for a bicycle rack.

The second thing I am looking for is a pure sine wave inverter. I have found that the factory inverter is not a pure sine wave inverter. This affects devices that shut themselves down in the event of poor power supply like my son's PS4.

Third, I would like fog lights.

Fourth, I would like the cargo rack bars.

Fifth, I would like something better than the factory voice recognition system. My car is a 2014 MDX Advanced. I must say, I the whole hands free thing is just lousy. My iphone is better.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:46 AM
8th Gear

OEM Trailer hitch. I ordered an aftermarket hitch and it was stout but wasn't as well integrated with the body like the factory hitch so I sent it back without installing it. We bought the factory hitch and installed it in the driveway instead. The OEM wiring harness was a big part of the quality of the OEM version. The aftermarket version functions correctly but the install videos suggested letting the trailer wire just lay across the rear bumper which would naturally lead to scratches. Nope.

We have a platform cargo carrier now for recycling days. We've long had a Brenderup 1205S trailer for camping trips/hardware store trips/bicycle trips. Normally we use our CRV for these trips but the MDX is definitely a superior touring vehicle though I feel better risking getting the CRV dirty since it is nearly 20 years old.

Installed clear 3M door edges and a clear strip on the top of the rear bumper. I might add the leading edge of the hood and the front edge of the rear doors where I could rub the back door getting in and out of the front seats.

I added the Acura OEM mudflaps to keep gravel and sand from wearing the rocker panel paint off.

I'm considering the side moldings but think they are very over priced.

Will definitely be adding the device (Navtool or another brand)that allows us to mirror a cellphone or tablet in the top screen. I've made peace with the factory stereo and like it fine but occasionally it is easier to just rely on my Navigon GPS on my Android phone or the wife's iPhone GPS than it is to use the Acura GPS. Plus both of us also have favorite media players and media on our devices as well. I give the factory stereo an "A-" so its not like I hate it or anything.

Lastly - if only we could have purchased a 6MT AWD versus an automatic transmission....

We really love our MDX. It is everything we hoped for.