What Adv Running Boards Look Good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 01:33 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Adv Running Boards Look Good?

Just got a base model 2014 fwd Love the car! I wish the wheels looked better. Should've gotten the tech package. Question I have for everyone. Would the adv running boards make the car look sportier with the wheels I have? I would actually use the running boards with two little ones. Thinking about getting front/rear bumper and roof rails later when I have more money. Didn't think about negotiating acc with price of car.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by masonhom
Just got a base model 2014 fwd Love the car! I wish the wheels looked better. Should've gotten the tech package. Question I have for everyone. Would the adv running boards make the car look sportier with the wheels I have? I would actually use the running boards with two little ones. Thinking about getting front/rear bumper and roof rails later when I have more money. Didn't think about negotiating acc with price of car.

I think running board does add to the look. I wouldn't worry too much about your wheels. It really doesn't look that bad. All the 3 MDX trims have different looking rims but I would say nothing really stands out more than others.

You can buy the running board from oemacuraparts.com and if you order $1000+ than you get free shipping & probably no tax. Installing running board is very easy.

What did you pay for your base MDX?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's actually $700+ that gets you free shipping at oemacuraparts.com
Old 06-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my oem adv running board on ebay brand new for $450 shipped. This was 4 months ago. Seem like most of them are around $550 now.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Has anyone tried this company? Looks just like factory ones, but does not have MDX embossed on the surface.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-ACURA-MDX-SIDE-STEP-NERF-BARS-WHOLE-SET-PAIR-5-ALUMINUM-RUNNING-BOARDS-/181408225967?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AAcura%7CModel%3AMDX&hash=item2a3cc5daaf&vxp=mtr
Old 08-08-2014, 12:33 AM
AcuraEnthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Search for jj5969 on our favorite auction site. He has them for $400 shipped every few days. OEM
Old 08-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the sport running boards, IMO they look a lot better than the long ones and they do work for the only thing you need running boards for, climbing into the 3rd row. They look more like an aero fairing than a running board.

They are incorrectly labeled on this ad but these are the sport ones the advance go all the way from front to back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/300985318072
Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Racer

I like the 5 spoke and I'd swap with you if they were 19's. Washing the Tech wheels take a bit more effort.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi bro, the Advanced running boards do make the MDX looks better due to the chrome trim. I bought it from ebay as gtinmia stated the name of the seller. I think I got it for $450. The installation was a breeze, I'm a handy man, it was the easiest task that I ever did, just 12 bolts total. When I bought the vehicle, i was gonna have the Dealer installed it, and they quoted me for $1250 included tax and paid for. After I found out how much it was on ebay, I'm shocked, and I'm glad that they didn't installed it yet due to not available at time. I called back 2 days later and canceled the running boards. With the money I saved, I was able to get the Adv Running boards, the Roof Rails with Cross Bars. Great deal...
Old 08-15-2014, 06:46 AM
AcuraEnthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Apollo2TheMoon
Hi bro, the Advanced running boards do make the MDX looks better due to the chrome trim. I bought it from ebay as gtinmia stated the name of the seller. I think I got it for $450. The installation was a breeze, I'm a handy man, it was the easiest task that I ever did, just 12 bolts total. When I bought the vehicle, i was gonna have the Dealer installed it, and they quoted me for $1250 included tax and paid for. After I found out how much it was on ebay, I'm shocked, and I'm glad that they didn't installed it yet due to not available at time. I called back 2 days later and canceled the running boards. With the money I saved, I was able to get the Adv Running boards, the Roof Rails with Cross Bars. Great deal...
Awesome! I received my running boards earlier this week and was surprised how big the box was. With the shipping information it was clear it came directly from a dealer. I too was quoted 1200 for the install when I bought. It's surprising dealers would charge that much. From the instructions it looks like an hour job at most for both sides. I'll be installing them today. I also got most of my other accessories from oemacuraparts.com with the free shipping coupon. Hoping to get those today so I can work on it this weekend. The only thing I didn't order was the fog lights. I'm looking for one similar to the led one shown on the prototype. That would look snazzy.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gtinmia
Awesome! I received my running boards earlier this week and was surprised how big the box was. With the shipping information it was clear it came directly from a dealer. I too was quoted 1200 for the install when I bought. It's surprising dealers would charge that much. From the instructions it looks like an hour job at most for both sides. I'll be installing them today. I also got most of my other accessories from oemacuraparts.com with the free shipping coupon. Hoping to get those today so I can work on it this weekend. The only thing I didn't order was the fog lights. I'm looking for one similar to the led one shown on the prototype. That would look snazzy.
Nice and thanks for sharing Gtinmia. So far, I only had the Adv Running Boards and the Roof rails with Cross bars. I am looking at to get the Front Sport trim, Rear Bumper protector, and eventually getting the Hitch assembly. Things that came with the car were, Splash guard set, rear door protective sheets. Have fun installing them parts. Fun weekend...
Old 08-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Racer

I have been on the fence getting these running boards. I must say they do look good. As for function, I don't need them getting in and out. I was at the dealer today for warranty work and looked at a MDX with the running boards installed. If I get out w/o using the board, my pant leg would rub on the chrome trim. So if its wet and dirty and Im wearing slacks, I would not like a wet and soiled leg. The MDX is not high enough for me to get the boards. Im 5-8 tall. Im sure there are others that would like the boards to assist them during entering and exiting. If the MDX was a couple inches higher, I would probably get them.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:13 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

The latest 3G MDX has an almost-one-inch lower floor than the outgoing 2G MDX, for easier entry/exit and for better highway stability.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:25 AM
Racer

Good info. Thx. It just means the running boards would be lower to high center on things and get scraped up. Im glad I was able to check it out on another mdx to help me answer my own question, "to buy or not to buy." NOT was the answer. Although they do look good.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Racer

I was watching for this Ebay seller to get more boards. Looks like he/she has just listed 2 for sale. Since Im not getting them now, 2 others can at this great price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-Ac...#ht_259wt_1362
Old 08-16-2014, 09:39 PM
10th Gear

Does anyone have photos of the sport step boards?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Racer

Google it and there are lots of photos.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Honda OG

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tman
Has anyone tried this company? Looks just like factory ones, but does not have MDX embossed on the surface.

2014 Acura MDX Side Step Nerf Bars Whole Set Pair 5" Aluminum Running Boards | eBay
I would go with OEM for fitment & quality.

Originally Posted by RL06tech
I have the sport running boards, IMO they look a lot better than the long ones and they do work for the only thing you need running boards for, climbing into the 3rd row. They look more like an aero fairing than a running board.

They are incorrectly labeled on this ad but these are the sport ones the advance go all the way from front to back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/300985318072
Agreed, I think the Sports look better than the Advanced.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I have been on the fence getting these running boards. I must say they do look good. As for function, I don't need them getting in and out. I was at the dealer today for warranty work and looked at a MDX with the running boards installed. If I get out w/o using the board, my pant leg would rub on the chrome trim. So if its wet and dirty and Im wearing slacks, I would not like a wet and soiled leg. The MDX is not high enough for me to get the boards. Im 5-8 tall. Im sure there are others that would like the boards to assist them during entering and exiting. If the MDX was a couple inches higher, I would probably get them.
You are absolutely right, The MDX does not need running boards for any functional reason other than climbing into the third row. The sport step solves that nicely and looks more like an aero skirt than anything else. The fit is perfect as should be for OEM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RL06tech
You are absolutely right, The MDX does not need running boards for any functional reason other than climbing into the third row. The sport step solves that nicely and looks more like an aero skirt than anything else. The fit is perfect as should be for OEM.
This is good info for those who use the 3rd seat. I don't plan on using the 3rd row, so no boards for me.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
I was watching for this Ebay seller to get more boards. Looks like he/she has just listed 2 for sale. Since Im not getting them now, 2 others can at this great price.

2014 2015 Acura MDX Advanced Chrome Edge Running Board Kit Genuine Acura | eBay
Thanks for the heads up on this seller. Was just about to pick up a set from another seller for about $150 more when this seller popped up with a set of 2 more.

Installed them today in about 35 minutes, and saved a nice chunk of change.

I actually liked the sport running boards a little more style wise, but the Advance ones were cheaper, much easier to install, and also help with washing the whole roof of the car, and the center of the windshield .
Old 03-25-2015, 09:27 AM
6th Gear

Has anyone seen the Advance running boards for $400 shipped on ebay recently? Everything looks much higher now.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 04-01-2015, 01:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by bde4
Has anyone seen the Advance running boards for $400 shipped on ebay recently? Everything looks much higher now.
Also looking for this information, anyone know of where we can order the Advance Running Boards for $400 currently?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Advance or Sport ?
Which one looks good on black mdx ?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still debating whether i want this installed too.

and for those who say you'll get your pants caught on the boards. i concur.

if only there was some chrome trim that you can place on the side sill. i think that alone will create the illusion (from afar that is) there's a running board, you could get away with the look alone.