Using an iPod with 2018 Infotainment - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Using an iPod with 2018 Infotainment

Old 05-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Using an iPod with 2018 Infotainment

I have a 2018 Hybrid Advance and generally use an iPod Touch (Gen 6) to listen to music. When connected by USB (for the best sound), the infotainment system does not allow browsing the contents of the iPod by Playlist, Artist, Album, etc. There is a browse button in the upper right corner just below the Audio Menu button, but the browse button is grayed out, and if you touch it a message comes up, "This function is unavailable while the list is being compiled." In a two-hour experiment, the list was never compiled. Not being able to browse the content by categories means just listening to music one track at a time, and going back or forwards one track at a time. Since I have about 6300 tracks on this iPod, this is unusable. Oddly, if the iPod is connected only by bluetooth, the browse function works fine, but the sound quality is badly degraded on these 320 KBPS files. In addition, only my Android phone or the iPod can be connected at one time, and I need my phone.

I've posted about this issue for anyone using an iPod with a 2018. I've had the car to the dealer, and they recognize the problem, and are trying to communicate with Acura to rectify the problem with a software update. I hope anyone having the problem will also contact Acura to spur them to attend to the problem.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:52 PM

I'll see what outcome I get from my Ipod and will get back to you
Old 05-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bmoua15 View Post
I'll see what outcome I get from my Ipod and will get back to you
Thanks, yes, please let us know.