Unable to record voice tags in the 2014 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Unable to record voice tags in the 2014 MDX

Is anyone else having issues with recording voice tags. when I try to do it, I press the talk button, speak the voice tag and then I get an error message that says nothing was recorded.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fun2drive
Is anyone else having issues with recording voice tags. when I try to do it, I press the talk button, speak the voice tag and then I get an error message that says nothing was recorded.
Voice tags don't work for me either. It will record it but doesn't recognize what I'm saying when I try to recall them. This feature never worked for me in my 2012 TL Advanced either.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:37 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same problem

I have the same problem voice tags system hears nothing.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Advanced

I've relented to just using Siri for text reading, phone calls, etc. It actually works insanely well over the bluetooth! Then I use the on board VR for climate controls, channel changes, etc.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by snookssec
I've relented to just using Siri for text reading, phone calls, etc. It actually works insanely well over the bluetooth! Then I use the on board VR for climate controls, channel changes, etc.
How are you able to use Siri over Bluetooth????
Old 08-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Advanced

How are you able to use Siri over Bluetooth????
Quite easy actually! I pair the phone to the car, I press and hold the home button on my iPhone, and then I hear Siri over the speaker system and I 'talk' to Siri via my in car bluetooth! :-D My MID shows that I'm 'calling' my own phone number when I do this (which is a little odd) but it works flawlessly.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by snookssec
Quite easy actually! I pair the phone to the car, I press and hold the home button on my iPhone, and then I hear Siri over the speaker system and I 'talk' to Siri via my in car bluetooth! :-D My MID shows that I'm 'calling' my own phone number when I do this (which is a little odd) but it works flawlessly.
Snook,

Can you please describe how you operate in more detail.

I had tried it but most of the time, the phone goes back to using it's own speaker phone instead of Bluetooth.

I had tried pressing the Bluetooth icon next to Siri and changing to Bluetooth, it sometimes works for that one time, but the next time goes back to speakerphone.

I have an iPhone 4s with the latest IOS.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Snook,

I had tried it but most of the time, the phone goes back to using it's own speaker phone instead of Bluetooth.

I had tried pressing the Bluetooth icon next to Siri and changing to Bluetooth, it sometimes works for that one time, but the next time goes back to speakerphone.

I believe the speaker on the phone is still active. Simply address the HFL microphone in the car. I had created a short video to help a client, you can see it here.

The video is in a 2013 ILX, but it should work the same in all the '13+ cars. Just remember, this is not an officially supported feature, it's somewhat a hack. When Apple releases iOS 7 or if Acura updates the car, this functionality could go away.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Advanced

Snook,

Colin's video below is spot on! I even figured out the 'correct order' as I always plug my phone in for Audio Control (Let Bluetooth establish connection first and then plug it in). It should be this simple and 'just work.'