transmission oil and hard shaft problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transmission oil and hard shaft problem

I have Acura MDX 2015, my car had replaced the transmission torque converter at 25000 miles because I found the transmission was hesitate and stalling.
And I found the transmission had same problem again at 43000miles. Dealer mechanic found the transmission in black color couisning strain on transmission.
After they change the transmission oil, the transmission running is ok. But when I ran to the 53000 miles, this transmission problem come back again, the dealer mechanic found the transmission
was dark and burnt, I bring to my mechanic change the oil(2 times) , it running like ok, but I found the oil change to dark color at 55000 miles.And I feel the transmission had hard shaft problem.
Is anyone can let me has idea or anyone have this similar problem same as me.Please give me some advice, because the power train warranty is until 70000 miles. thanks.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:54 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Kolomango
I have Acura MDX 2015, my car had replaced the transmission torque converter at 25000 miles because I found the transmission was hesitate and stalling.
And I found the transmission had same problem again at 43000miles. Dealer mechanic found the transmission in black color couisning strain on transmission.
After they change the transmission oil, the transmission running is ok. But when I ran to the 53000 miles, this transmission problem come back again, the dealer mechanic found the transmission
was dark and burnt, I bring to my mechanic change the oil(2 times) , it running like ok, but I found the oil change to dark color at 55000 miles.And I feel the transmission had hard shaft problem.
Is anyone can let me has idea or anyone have this similar problem same as me.Please give me some advice, because the power train warranty is until 70000 miles. thanks.
Go to a different dealer
Old 07-15-2016, 08:55 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
I had the battery disconnected last weekend and it didn't change anything. The fact that it is becoming more evident once the transmission is warmed up makes me think it's a fluid issue. I'll get that Redline D6 in there in the next few days and see what happens.