Sport Hybrid Advance vs gas Advance seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 10:24 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Hybrid Advance vs gas Advance seats

My wife and I test drove both the Sport Hybrid Advance and a regular gas Advance yesterday. She noticed that the seats, although they look the same, felt very differently between the two. The hybrid's seats were much more dense while the regular advance were much softer. You sank into the regular while you sat on top of the hybrid's. It is very noticeable going back and forth after she pointed it out.

Has anyone else noticed this before? There is nothing in the specs to suggest the hybrid has different seats.

I would like to get the hybrid, but the seat difference is making us rule that out.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I drove both back to back before buying the Hybrid, I did not note any difference in the Advance seats on the gas vs the hybrid, neither did my wife who also drove both. We love the Advance seats in the Hybrid and along with the superior power and the much better 7 speed dual clutch it was an easy choice to buy the Hybrid. The 9 speed was just too clunky for either of us.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
There are no listed model differences in the seats.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:05 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboy
I drove both back to back before buying the Hybrid, I did not note any difference in the Advance seats on the gas vs the hybrid, neither did my wife who also drove both. We love the Advance seats in the Hybrid and along with the superior power and the much better 7 speed dual clutch it was an easy choice to buy the Hybrid. The 9 speed was just too clunky for either of us.
Thanks for the reply. There was a very noticeable difference between these two particular vehicles, but now I need to go check out some more to see if one of these was not normal. I never would have thought there would be a difference, but my wife couldn't get comfortable no matter how she moved the seat and that is how we figured it out by going back and forth between the two. I was comfortable in both, but this will be her car so she has to be happy.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:43 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
maybe the regular was test driven by way more people that deteriorates the seat quicker