Question regarding additional language add-ons

Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question regarding additional language add-ons

Just purchased the 14' MDX Tech last week. Sweet car! The discussions I read on this site helped me buy it with confidence! Thanks all.

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me answer. I am Korean and I play a lot of Korean music in my car through USB and phone. One problem I noticed is that the song names don't appear in Korean (not that I expected it to) so it's impossible for me to find any songs from a list of a couple hundred songs.

Do any of you know if there is a way for me to install additional language packs or something so non-english fonts can be displayed correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kuzo
Just purchased the 14' MDX Tech last week. Sweet car! The discussions I read on this site helped me buy it with confidence! Thanks all.

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me answer. I am Korean and I play a lot of Korean music in my car through USB and phone. One problem I noticed is that the song names don't appear in Korean (not that I expected it to) so it's impossible for me to find any songs from a list of a couple hundred songs.

Do any of you know if there is a way for me to install additional language packs or something so non-english fonts can be displayed correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Unfortunately, I don't think there is an easy way to display Unicode or CJK characters on the screen. You should browser your song from your iPhone or whatever.

This is a very common problem for car infotainment systems. My Nissan can't also show any non-ASCII characters. It is a sad thing as virtually all modern operating systems (including mobile one) can show CJK or other characters correctly.

But, you may drop an email to Acura customer center. I'm having a small hope because the infotainment system is very similar to Honda's. And, Honda is from Japan, that means they should display Japanese characters.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:12 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for the suggestion. I dropped an email to Acura customer relations. I will let you know when I hear back.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:45 AM
4th Gear

I just heard back from Acura customer relations and they mentioned they don't have anything they can offer me at this time. Gave me the same ol' "we will log this as a valuable suggestion for future offerings and take it into consideration." I guess I'll have to just live with it for now...