Problems with Acura Link App

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 06:53 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Acura Link App

5 weeks ago I purchased a new 19 MDX with tech and entertainment. Since day one, the Acura Link app has not worked correctly. It doesn’t show the remote lock/unlock feature etc.
I have contacted Acura customer service several times about this and have gotten no where. The dealer contacted them as well and claims they were told this is an issue with Acura in general.
Can anyone verify? It’s incredibly infuriating to have a brand new car and not have something working properly already.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by NMO941
5 weeks ago I purchased a new 19 MDX with tech and entertainment. Since day one, the Acura Link app has not worked correctly. It doesn’t show the remote lock/unlock feature etc.
I have contacted Acura customer service several times about this and have gotten no where. The dealer contacted them as well and claims they were told this is an issue with Acura in general.
Can anyone verify? It’s incredibly infuriating to have a brand new car and not have something working properly already.
Try deleting the Acura link app from your phone and then adding it back in. I did that and the remote lock/unlock, remote start (I have 2019 RDX) then appeared for me.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
iOS or Android phone?

It's working for me on iOS, for both 2019 RDX and 2014 MDX. I suggest you delete the app and reinstall it. You need to register your vehicle with VIN from within the app. But AcuraLink access also needs to be enabled from "the other end". Your dealer should have made contact with an AcuraLink representative, using the ceiling push-button in the vehicle as part of the delivery checklist, with you present. As I recall, a PIN needs to be established for access. Otherwise, anyone could read the VIN off the label under your windshield, install an app, and unlock your car.

Don't bother with Acura Customer Service, push the ceiling button and talk to an AcuraLink representative.

Also, check the subscription status for the different levels of AcuraLink. Go to the Support page in the app and select Subscription Status. There are three levels displayed: Security, Remote, and Concierge. All three should be active under the "complimentary trial period" for your new RDX, and expiration dates should be displayed. "Basic" level service is free of charge, so no subscription data is displayed for that level.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:14 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1

Try deleting the Acura link app from your phone and then adding it back in. I did that and the remote lock/unlock, remote start (I have 2019 RDX) then appeared for me.
ive done that several times. Doesn’t work
Old 12-10-2018, 09:16 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Wander
iOS or Android phone?

It's working for me on iOS, for both 2019 RDX and 2014 MDX. I suggest you delete the app and reinstall it. You need to register your vehicle with VIN from within the app. But AcuraLink access also needs to be enabled from "the other end". Your dealer should have made contact with an AcuraLink representative, using the ceiling push-button in the vehicle as part of the delivery checklist, with you present. As I recall, a PIN needs to be established for access. Otherwise, anyone could read the VIN off the label under your windshield, install an app, and unlock your car.

Don't bother with Acura Customer Service, push the ceiling button and talk to an AcuraLink representative.

Also, check the subscription status for the different levels of AcuraLink. Go to the Support page in the app and select Subscription Status. There are three levels displayed: Security, Remote, and Concierge. All three should be active under the "complimentary trial period" for your new RDX, and expiration dates should be displayed. "Basic" level service is free of charge, so no subscription data is displayed for that level.
ios. I have done all you have suggested. Confirmed it’s registered. Even received an email today from Acura Link confirming the car jags been registered etc.

app never asks me to enter my pin.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by NMO941

ive done that several times. Doesn’t work
Shoot! So much for the easy fix.