Picked up 2018 MDX Advance....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Thumbs up Picked up 2018 MDX Advance....

My partner got this monster this past Friday. He barely was able to drive it home as he was overwhelmed with all the features... So I spent all day Saturday digesting the manual, setting up everything, then spent Sunday polishing the chrome pieces as sitting on lot etc... it was not smooth to the touch. Removing the water spots on the front grill from dealership was a nightmare... Spent mucho time cleaning all the black trim as well. Now she is flawless. So far its been great and working as intended.... I kept my 2007 MDX Sport as it only has 54K and I'm still in love with it...She is a keeper. I am still struggling with the push button gear shifter....Not wild about when the motor cuts off sitting at red light etc.... I guess I have to get used to it.... Can someone tell me what are the difference when you chose "sports" vs. "normal" vs. "Comfy" meaning does it change the suspension and RPM's ? It seems to be a bit more aggressive in Sports mode (like putting a 5 speed auto in D3 as opposed to D)?
The following 2 users liked this post by Fabvsix:
pilozm (08-29-2018), RLX-Sport Hybrid (08-30-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Forgot... LOVE the Ebony Sports interior with white stitching..... !
Old 08-30-2018, 01:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Looks good! Wife hated it when I was polishing the exterior pieces when I got mine....yup it took forever but I was loving every minute shining it!
The dynamic mode change shift points, steering feel, etc.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
It is easily the nicest riding sport ute I have even been in. For a long haul it is very relaxing and has amazing range from a fuel consumption perspective.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Keep it in sport mode!! A little more responsive ride and shifting. So much fun.
Ive had my advanced for 2 years. Its my 4th one!!
Just wait until u have mastered the ACC. Its tough to trust but works great..even in stop and go traffic on the highway. Its unreal, i still keep my foot close to the brake!!!!! Good luck!
Old 09-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Looks great, lots of luck with it!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Fabvsix

My partner got this monster this past Friday. He barely was able to drive it home as he was overwhelmed with all the features... So I spent all day Saturday digesting the manual, setting up everything, then spent Sunday polishing the chrome pieces as sitting on lot etc... it was not smooth to the touch. Removing the water spots on the front grill from dealership was a nightmare... Spent mucho time cleaning all the black trim as well. Now she is flawless. So far its been great and working as intended.... I kept my 2007 MDX Sport as it only has 54K and I'm still in love with it...She is a keeper. I am still struggling with the push button gear shifter....Not wild about when the motor cuts off sitting at red light etc.... I guess I have to get used to it.... Can someone tell me what are the difference when you chose "sports" vs. "normal" vs. "Comfy" meaning does it change the suspension and RPM's ? It seems to be a bit more aggressive in Sports mode (like putting a 5 speed auto in D3 as opposed to D)?
Why do you think you have to get "used to" the Auto/Start-Stop feature? You have a button....bottom one on the shift console that turns on and off the system. It defaults to "ON" each time you first start the engine. First thing...IF
you don't want the system to be on is to push the button. On your dash display will show an "orange A with a curved arrow around it with the arrow going clockwise. It's off when you are now driving.

I have a TLX and a new RDX....both have the system, AND the same button on the bottom of the shifter console....the first thing I always do after starting the engine is....."Push that button!"....turning the system off. I don't like it and could care less how little fuel it may save, etc
You should have an "Owner's Guide" that tells you this....how to turn it off and on, etc. Page 102. You'll find it...IF you have the manual. All new models come with at least that in
the glove box..

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 09-01-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Why do you think you have to get "used to" the Auto/Start-Stop feature? You have a button....bottom one on the shift console that turns on and off the system. It defaults to "ON" each time you first start the engine. First thing...IF
you don't want the system to be on is to push the button. On your dash display will show an "orange A with a curved arrow around it with the arrow going clockwise. It's off when you are now driving.

I have a TLX and a new RDX....both have the system, AND the same button on the bottom of the shifter console....the first thing I always do after starting the engine is....."Push that button!"....turning the system off. I don't like it and could care less how little fuel it may save, etc
You should have an "Owner's Guide" that tells you this....how to turn it off and on, etc. Page 102. You'll find it...IF you have the manual. All new models come with at least that in
the glove box..
Instead of being stuck in your ways and just turning it off, why not give it an honest try?
Old 09-02-2018, 10:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.

the glove box..
I hate that damn feature. It annoy me when I do a quick 3 point u-turn, it cuts the engine when I am about to start turning the steering wheel, or when parallel parking or parking in general, it cuts the engine just before you're able to push "P", then when you do, it restarts the engine then you cut the engine right after. What an idiotic f***ing feature. Whoever designed it should've given it an extra second or two before it shuts off the engine.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by VMDX
I hate that damn feature. It annoy me when I do a quick 3 point u-turn, it cuts the engine when I am about to start turning the steering wheel, or when parallel parking or parking in general, it cuts the engine just before you're able to push "P", then when you do, it restarts the engine then you cut the engine right after. What an idiotic f***ing feature. Whoever designed it should've given it an extra second or two before it shuts off the engine.
You must be the slowest driver, ever, if it cuts off during a "quick" 3 point turn.

When you pull into a parking spot and the engine auto-stops, just push the ignition switch. The vehicle automatically puts the transmission into Park and it doesn't restart the engine.

If you don't want the auto stop to engage, at any time, just use light brake pressure... It won't activate unless you're pushing the brake hard.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Thank you everyone...Yes I got a manual in the glove box.... I spent all Labor Day weekend reading and getting every thing set....
Old 09-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I just picked up a 2018 Sport Hybrid Tech (Pearl White / Espresso) on Tuesday to replace my 2104 Base. Very nice improvement/upgrade.