New Owner and new to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner and new to this forum

Hello,

Picking up a used 2017 MDX with Advanced package later tonight. Color is Fathom Blue Pearl. Anything I should know about the car or good upgrades for it? Looking forward to the ownership and this group.

Thank you.

-dagolfpro
Old 08-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
Welcome. On the car itself, the gear selector is kind of finicky. There is a 1-2 second lag when you select from Reverse to Drive. If you press D instantly from R, car will jolt a bit because it take times to go from R to D which kind of bothers me.
Other than that, I have not encounter any problem as I have 17 Advanced as well.

Good upgrade...what you looking for? Stay away from the factory LED Foglight. Its not meant to be "foglight" its just auxiliary light and its not bright.

Good Luck!
Old 08-06-2017, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KB1Spec
Welcome. On the car itself, the gear selector is kind of finicky. There is a 1-2 second lag when you select from Reverse to Drive. If you press D instantly from R, car will jolt a bit because it take times to go from R to D which kind of bothers me.
Other than that, I have not encounter any problem as I have 17 Advanced as well.

Good upgrade...what you looking for? Stay away from the factory LED Foglight. Its not meant to be "foglight" its just auxiliary light and its not bright.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the heads up. As far as upgrades, no sure. Drove it home last night and wow, talk about technology overload. I drive a 2011 BMW M3. So many changes in tech. Lots of buttons and still learning all the features of what I like and don't like.

Don't like so far, Auto off does not stay off if you change it. It reverts back to default setting every time you restart the car. Any way to turn this off? I couldn't find it in vehicle settings.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
What I don't like and could be improve is the Engine Start. Should have at least have parking lights on for added safety once you activated the engine start. I work late in the evening sometimes and when i start up the engine at night, there is a sense of insecurity as the parking light is not on.

There is a lot of stuff I still haven't play with it yet since I had it on February LOL. I also sometimes disable the auto brake system manually as I like to drive very close to other driver up front and make slight quick lane change. Too bad there is not a disable button on the memory setting as oppose to manually press the button when I start my car.

I only go the MDX for cargo space. This is my second MDX as I had a 14 and my lease was up so got a deal on this for early lease return.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I do not believe there is a setting to turn off the "auto idle" feature. As for auto brake system you can change it to more or less aggressive in the settings.