Name some issues you are having with your MDX.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fun2drive
My 14 MDX transmission has a fair amount of roll after I put it into Park.
Mine does the same.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by fun2drive
My 14 MDX transmission has a fair amount of roll after I put it into Park.
That's not an issue, that's what happens (to any car with an automatic) if you don't set the park brake.

Chris
Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
I took my 2014 MDX for scheduled maintenance last week. I had the B16 service done. I also had the following issues addressed:

1. Timing belt chirping noise - fixed with shim kit (TSB 14-025)
2. Squeaking noise when steering wheel adjusts position - steering column and bolts replaced
3. Vibration when braking from speeds>40mph - rotors resurfaced
Old 05-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
chirping noise, squeak in front seat, rubbing noise when turning steering wheel, wining noise when driving at speeds above 35mph,

Overall not my best MDX I have ever had. Mine are company cars and I get switched out every two years. The 2012 MDX was the best one I have ever had.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumping rear shock,and hatch doesn't go all the way up.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
I was 99% sure when the dealer told me they found nothing wrong, they were WRONG, as I recall it was not like this when new. Hard to loose the car for 1/2 day due to this low level issue for me, so next oil change or service I will force the issue. I am sure it must be a faulty Anti-siphon valve that prevents the water from running backwards down the line...
Did you address the issue with dealer ?
After I added washer fluid recently I noticed that water starts spraying with a bit of a delay now unlike before when it was instant.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Not Yet

Originally Posted by Kirill
Did you address the issue with dealer ?
After I added washer fluid recently I noticed that water starts spraying with a bit of a delay now unlike before when it was instant.
No, I have not addressed this with the dealer yet, but the two of us now have the same issue. For me it takes about 4 wipes before the rear water sprays on the window.. I would think that all systems like this have a Anti-Siphon valve that prevents water from flowing backwards in the line.. Even the FRONT wiper is NOT instant spray. Even my 2004 Honda Pilot sprays water instantly out the front and in particular the rear wiper washer.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Instructor

No, I have not addressed this with the dealer yet, but the two of us now have the same issue. For me it takes about 4 wipes before the rear water sprays on the window.. I would think that all systems like this have a Anti-Siphon valve that prevents water from flowing backwards in the line.. Even the FRONT wiper is NOT instant spray. Even my 2004 Honda Pilot sprays water instantly out the front and in particular the rear wiper washer.
In my case rear spray has no delay, just the front one started doing it. It's not that bad as you described but for sure it was faster before. Will keep monitoring.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As of Sunday, my front wiper fluid delayed to spray until after the wiper swiped once dry causing a nice long scratch on the windshield. I. Am. Very. Unhappy.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:49 PM
Racer

Must be a Anti-Siphon valve problem.

Originally Posted by 1bythesea
As of Sunday, my front wiper fluid delayed to spray until after the wiper swiped once dry causing a nice long scratch on the windshield. I. Am. Very. Unhappy.
When I had my 2010 TL, I had all the tech manuals for it, nothing available for the MDX on line. Have a set for my wife's 2009 TSX. I have always had the manuals for my cars, so things like this could be investigated and figured out. The dealer told me the tech could not find anything wrong, but I could have showed them the issue first hand, but time was short. Many of you are having the same issue with the front or rear wiper. Definitely a ANTI Siphon Valve, my wife's 2009 TSX has one as part of the fluid reservoir to prevent the water line from bleeding out. Sure it is the same thing in the MDX... I have a VERY busy work month coming up, and cant justify taking the car into the dealer at this time, plus no rain in San Diego to speak of so the windshield stays clean most of the time..
The following users liked this post:
1bythesea (05-25-2015)
Old 05-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Racer

A Few Links on this washer issue... Not for the MDX, but you get the idea!

windshield washer pump replacement...

windscreen washer bottle siphoning out any ideas how to stop it? - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Old 05-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Tomorrow I'll make an afternoon appointment in service, will show my phone video as well as this section of the thread so they know I'm not alone. What I have noticed is the delay is always on the first use, not on a second or third consecutive use. Wait a few minutes then again, it's the first initial use. Will post service results.

Plus, since Sunday, the seat/steering wheel memory isn't consitantly holding. This seems to occur when the car has been sitting overnight. I doubt these two issues are related but with everything computer controlled one has to wonder...

Last edited by 1bythesea; 05-25-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Instructor

What I have noticed is the delay is always on the first use, not on a second or third consecutive use. Wait a few minutes then again, it's the first initial use. Will post service results..
Same with mine but at least at this point delay is not long enough for wiper to do a dry swipe. Please post the results.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My 14 has the washer delay. My wife's 15 does not. Wonder if a Acura made an improvement on the assembly line.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Racer

They did not,,,

Originally Posted by Stu's2004TL
My 14 has the washer delay. My wife's 15 does not. Wonder if a Acura made an improvement on the assembly line.
My 2015 Has The Delay Wash..
Old 05-26-2015, 09:40 AM
OG

Received 162 Likes on 100 Posts
After a 3000 mile roadtrip with our 2015 tech

I made an appt for the following

Drivers rear door handle is horrible, not as smooth as the other doors so something is definitely off

Navigation is progressively slower and slower

1400-1700 RPM grinding at 30-40mph and randomly at startup

when we bought it i had rear seat rattle that i never addressed so when i made this weeks appt i pretty much added all the above and that, should be interesting when i pull into service.

I'm at 50% on oil also with the original setup so going to get that swapped out since i have the oil change package at our stealership
Old 05-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Wiper fluid delay dealer visit results:

Motor replacement. The day the motor is replaced the dealer will have a glass company they work with try buffing out the windshield scratch. If that doesn't work a new windshield will be installed.

Hope this helps others in the same boat! Crossing fingers the new motor doesn't crap out after 70 days of ownership as the first one. This problem is on a new 2015 front wipers.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Wiper fluid delay dealer visit results:

Motor replacement. The day the motor is replaced the dealer will have a glass company they work with try buffing out the windshield scratch. If that doesn't work a new windshield will be installed.

Hope this helps others in the same boat! Crossing fingers the new motor doesn't crap out after 70 days of ownership as the first one. This problem is on a new 2015 front wipers.
I thought I read the delay without fluid was because of the fluid siphoning back into the washer fluid cannister?

Maybe a check valve on the rubber line(s) to the washer fluid jets would prevent that.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Service guy mentioned something to this effect prior to having it checked out. Afterward, he just said the old ways no longer apply. Even he was surprised.

Last edited by 1bythesea; 05-26-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:04 AM
Instructor

Update on my wiper delay - it mysteriously disappeared as of yesterday. The only thing that changed is the level of washer fluid in reservoir. I noticed delay right after I filled it and now it's gone once I used it a bit. I wonder if it dependent on how much fluid is there. Will see next time when I fill it again.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:06 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Update on my wiper delay - it mysteriously disappeared as of yesterday. The only thing that changed is the level of washer fluid in reservoir. I noticed delay right after I filled it and now it's gone once I used it a bit. I wonder if it dependent on how much fluid is there. Will see next time when I fill it again.
Can you see where the outlet from the washer fluid bottle is?

Id be interested to know how far "uphill" the pump has to pull the fluid. It could be the level makes a difference because the pump is weak for one reason or another.

The fact that you arent the only person seeing this issue makes me wonder if they just cheaped out and used a crappy pump.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chris03tl
Can you see where the outlet from the washer fluid bottle is?

Id be interested to know how far "uphill" the pump has to pull the fluid. It could be the level makes a difference because the pump is weak for one reason or another.

The fact that you arent the only person seeing this issue makes me wonder if they just cheaped out and used a crappy pump.
Not sure where the outlet is. Next fill up will confirm if this is related to the amount of fluid in the tank. As for the crappy pump - I bet it's the cheapest there, same as rear view camera.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Out of curiosity did you refill at the point the low fluid level warning came on? Mine hasn't been refilled yet but I'm thinking it must be low, just not enough to set off the warning.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Out of curiosity did you refill at the point the low fluid level warning came on? Mine hasn't been refilled yet but I'm thinking it must be low, just not enough to set off the warning.
Warning showed up and I poured in the whole canister (3.78 L/1 Gallon)
1bythesea (05-28-2015)
Old 05-29-2015, 08:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So far, no MDX. I only have 4K miles on it but if it's anything like the other MDXs I had in the past, I'm sure it will do fine.

What I don't like is the rear suspension noise which I didn't feel when taking the test drive on nicely paved roads. I'm not sure if that would have prevented my from purchasing it, though.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 MDX Tech - Sometimes when I pull into reverse, then put it into drive quickly, the rear view camera still shows on the display screen even when the transmission is on drive.

It happens when I first turn on the car sometimes and takes like 2-3 seconds to go back to the regular.

Not going crazy about it but I figure there's a bug or delay somewhere.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had my 2010 TL, I had all the tech manuals for it, nothing available for the MDX on line. Have a set for my wife's 2009 TSX. I have always had the manuals for my cars, so things like this could be investigated and figured out. The dealer told me the tech could not find anything wrong, but I could have showed them the issue first hand, but time was short. Many of you are having the same issue with the front or rear wiper. Definitely a ANTI Siphon Valve, my wife's 2009 TSX has one as part of the fluid reservoir to prevent the water line from bleeding out. Sure it is the same thing in the MDX... I have a VERY busy work month coming up, and cant justify taking the car into the dealer at this time, plus no rain in San Diego to speak of so the windshield stays clean most of the time..
All the Honda & Acura manuals are online now. see link below. Since i do some my own car repairs. it's what i used to view some manuals for my '14 MDX. my only issue with the site is that some of the TSBs, if not all, for some reason the page doesnt load.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
Old 06-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
15 MDX. When delivered, Green "AUTO" Light on the climate control never worked. System worked fine, but light never lit. Dealer replaced control panel under warranty.

This was the only defect from delivery that I could find.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought 2015 MDX, 2 months back. Had good amount of rain in last 2 days & my back camera became all blurry. At first i thought it might be rain droplets on the camera but even after wiping it , same blurriness. Did anybody faced this issue?
Old 06-04-2015, 04:57 AM
Instructor

Backup Camera

Originally Posted by Makrand
I bought 2015 MDX, 2 months back. Had good amount of rain in last 2 days & my back camera became all blurry. At first i thought it might be rain droplets on the camera but even after wiping it , same blurriness. Did anybody faced this issue?

The MDX backup camera isn't the best to begin with. It's grainy, IMHO. Then rain clings around the lens making it blurry. With that said, if wiping the water away didn't help I wonder if water has seeped under the lens.

Last edited by 1bythesea; 06-04-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Makrand (06-05-2015)
Old 06-04-2015, 09:29 AM
OG

Picking up car from dealer now..

one of my issues was the collision warning (i have a tech) would randomly come on during road trip or broad daylight with noone stopping.

Seems that the led lights reflecting off signs triggers it AND cars like cherokee with LED tails if sensor catches it will trigger the alarm.

Dealer said they were notified there is a pending update coming out but wasn't avail for this trip
Old 06-04-2015, 10:20 AM
9th Gear

I just bought 2016 MDX with Tech and AWP about 2 weeks ago and a rattling sound is bothering me, it seems like coming from rear passender side door or 2nd row seats, any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2015, 12:47 PM
OG

Originally Posted by sumsuv
I just bought 2016 MDX with Tech and AWP about 2 weeks ago and a rattling sound is bothering me, it seems like coming from rear passender side door or 2nd row seats, any suggestions?

Check TSB thread, there is a fix for that
Old 06-04-2015, 03:13 PM
9th Gear

thanks, this gives me piece of mind
Old 06-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Advanced

I had a new one happen yesterday. Was on the way out of town for an event, had my phone plugged in (I use it for nav duty) and listening to the radio. Suddenly the radio went silent, and simultaneously I heard the "plonk" sound indicating I'd discontinued charging on the phone. I looked over and both infotainment screens were dark. I glanced at the instrument panel and there was a single yellow indicator light lit up near the tach needle hub. About a second later then system boots up with the Acura logo, the phone "plonked" again indicating it had power.

When I got home I looked up the position of the indicator I saw, and I believe it's the "There is a problem with the keyless access system."

What. The. HELL??

Chris
Old 06-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris
I had a new one happen yesterday. Was on the way out of town for an event, had my phone plugged in (I use it for nav duty) and listening to the radio. Suddenly the radio went silent, and simultaneously I heard the "plonk" sound indicating I'd discontinued charging on the phone. I looked over and both infotainment screens were dark. I glanced at the instrument panel and there was a single yellow indicator light lit up near the tach needle hub. About a second later then system boots up with the Acura logo, the phone "plonked" again indicating it had power.

When I got home I looked up the position of the indicator I saw, and I believe it's the "There is a problem with the keyless access system."

What. The. HELL??

Chris
ECU crashed?

times like this using a HDS would be useful to analyze debug logs. use that information just to be informed and relay the information to the dealer to ensure nothing is missed or they B.S. you with the 'we fixed that' when you check again and the problem still exists.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Advanced

HDS?

I'm not even going to bother taking it to the dealer for this unless it keeps happening. First time in 13k miles, and I'm sure the dealer would just roll their eyes if I told them about it.

Chris
Old 06-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Just got the MDX back from having the wiper fluid motor replaced. Crossing fingers this motor has no issues. The large windshield scratch was able to be buffed out. Interestingly, the 2015 MDX loaner had the same exact issue which service was notified of upon turn in. The tech was going to let head of service know. Sounded like an "uh, oh" moment.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Racer

Fast!!!

Just got the MDX back from having the wiper fluid motor replaced. Crossing fingers this motor has no issues. The large windshield scratch was able to be buffed out. Interestingly, the 2015 MDX loaner had the same exact issue which service was notified of upon turn in. The tech was going to let head of service know. Sounded like an "uh, oh" moment.
So now the washer, both front and rear shoot out water as soon as you hit the wash button??
Old 06-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Instructor

So now the washer, both front and rear shoot out water as soon as you hit the wash button??
Yes, although I never did have a problem with the rear working properly. Although the spray doesn't seem as forceful on the front as with the original motor. That makes me nervous. Guess only time will tell. If the same problem arises, back it goes.

Last edited by 1bythesea; 06-11-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Name some issues you are having with your MDX.