My New 2015 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my MDX. I'm from Canada - not sure if there are different runs at the factory for Canada vs USA? Maybe I was lucky that I bought my 2014 in April this year and it was past the initial runs of this 3rd generation. I guess I could find the odd minor thing like the back seats rattle once in a blue moon or the noise in the steering at times but I have not had a car that did not have some issues at some time. I am not discounting all the issues raised on this forum and I feel sympathy for those that have experienced them - I just have not had any such issues so far (:
Old 07-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
OP I feel for you and I would probable end up trading the car if your dealer doesn't make things right but honestly i've owned many acuras and bmws. Of late all of them have had quality issues with interior parts, rattles, etc... Mechanically reliable is another story. All of my Bmws of late has had engine problems except my current 2014 bmw 435i but it only has 2700 miles on it. All of my acuras have been mechanically perfect.

You purchased the car based on facts you knew about the car and they are still the same facts today as when you made the decision so if they fix the cosmetic and quality problems you should be happy. If you still aren't happy with the car after everything is addressed then you didn't do your home work and should suffer the loss of depreciation.

If they can't or won't fix the quality issues then that's another story. I would ask your dealer if you can return the car and possibly never give acura a chance again.

I think as car companies are trying to offer more for not much more money. they have to make there budget go farther and build cars faster.

just my 2 cents.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
The OP makes it sound like as if the the 2014 and the 2015 MDX's are two vastly different SUV's.
He did not say that. Only that did not notice problems during test drive. Now that he has one parked at home and using it everyday, he is noticing stuff.

I got mine a couple of days ago. Now I notice some (thankfully not all) of the the things described here that usually you don't notice or did not exist on the particular one you tested. Chances are, a dealer with a problematic car will deal with it and not use it for test drives. Same for the show room. The pictures with very noticeable un-even gaps, un-aligned doors, panels, etc. are real. Dealers will not use those for display in their showrooms.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:07 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know the thread had developed more into the question of quality but I have to say.......

Who buys a fifty thousand dollar car without driving it first? I don't care about any previous Acura you owned. You just don't blow fifty grand on something without checking it out first.

What's up with your initial comparison to a Venza? It looks nothing like it. I mean not even remotely close.

Next time you spend a lot of coin on a vehicle do yourself a favor dude and go look at it and DRIVE IT.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I purchased a 2015 Acura MDX Tech package on October 21, 2014. So far, I have noticed that the fitment quality is below par, as I expected to see better from a luxury brand; but totally opposite.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by reglian
He did not say that. Only that did not notice problems during test drive. Now that he has one parked at home and using it everyday, he is noticing stuff.

I got mine a couple of days ago. Now I notice some (thankfully not all) of the the things described here that usually you don't notice or did not exist on the particular one you tested. Chances are, a dealer with a problematic car will deal with it and not use it for test drives. Same for the show room. The pictures with very noticeable un-even gaps, un-aligned doors, panels, etc. are real. Dealers will not use those for display in their showrooms.
I agreed on the front two panels, driver side and passenger side. And just earlier, I noticed the plastic parts on the door windows; my car is Diamond White, so the plastic parts are black on the windows. They are loose, wth. So, as many other DMX, I am questioning Acura's fitment quality.