MDX prices paid and deals

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 06:55 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bobby, thanks for your post. It helped me make up my mind about buying or leasing.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:36 AM
10th Gear

Bobby, your post makes since. I'm wondering about something. In my case I have the cash to buy it right away; however, by doing it that way I'll lose the interest I'm making on the money. Example: for a $50,000 MDX I'll lose $50 a month in interest. In a 3 year period that amounts tp $1800.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:22 PM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
you were sent a private message. Did you see it?
Old 01-31-2019, 12:24 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by GrahamMDX
Still in the 47.0 area OTD. Would like to get to mid 46s if not better. Hoping end of month will bring some improvement. Couple dealers in VA seem more willing to negotiate.
Graham,
You were sent a private message. You should take a look.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:52 PM
6th Gear

I am shopping for a 2019 MDX AWD w Tech package in the DC/MD/VA area. So far I have $47,200 out the door, including all TTL. I feel like I can do better and at least get into the 46's. Especially now that I have seen posts on this forum for OTD at 46 (that one seems exceptionally low). Anyone have recent purchase experience and what I can expect? Not the best month to be shopping, but the need is there. Thanks.
Graham,

I just spoke with one of my buddies at one of the top 5 dealers in the country because I'm thinking of buying an MDX or RL. I asked about a tech and he said they are not dropping below 44,800 plus tax and tags and said that number is at a loss that they will only do a limited number per month.

Doing the math that would work out to be approx. 47,500 with MD tax and tags, and that is after including the conquest incentive to switchover from another brand. So I'm really curious where you are finding this pricing, at least this month because if you are getting that I might try to do the same as you'll have beaten me already be over $300. I am told it was very doable late last year because there were some better incentives/ holdbacks, but right now if you've got someone will to do that deal you should jump on it.
I'm wondering are possibly talking a lease instead of a purchase?
Old 01-31-2019, 01:04 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by leighmc
you were sent a private message. Did you see it?
I saw this one (Thank you for registering at AcuraZine.com) if there's another one it's not there.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:11 PM
6th Gear

I didn't mean to PM you. But i don't see any financial logic to leasing unless you turn over cars a lot and some how get a really good write off. If you keep your cars 6, 7 years, I would buy. If you need a new car every 3 to 5 years, leasing MIGHT make sense. And are those dollar savings really going to get invested and net the interest difference? Interest rates hasn't been so good lately and it is still pretty cheap to borrow. 2 to 3% loans are not hard to find and sometimes 0% to 2 % is available from Acura.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Graham,

I just spoke with one of my buddies at one of the top 5 dealers in the country because I'm thinking of buying an MDX or RL. I asked about a tech and he said they are not dropping below 44,800 plus tax and tags and said that number is at a loss that they will only do a limited number per month.

Doing the math that would work out to be approx. 47,500 with MD tax and tags, and that is after including the conquest incentive to switchover from another brand. So I'm really curious where you are finding this pricing, at least this month because if you are getting that I might try to do the same as you'll have beaten me already be over $300. I am told it was very doable late last year because there were some better incentives/ holdbacks, but right now if you've got someone will to do that deal you should jump on it.
I'm wondering are possibly talking a lease instead of a purchase?
Prices in the DMV area seem to be the best in the nation. I think Pohanka is the number 1 dealer in the country. They seem to be able to offer prices in Maryland and Virginia that seem impossible to people outside the area but are relatively common in the area. They are probably getting huge volume incentives.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:02 PM
10th Gear

I didn't mean to PM you. But i don't see any financial logic to leasing unless you turn over cars a lot and some how get a really good write off. If you keep your cars 6, 7 years, I would buy. If you need a new car every 3 to 5 years, leasing MIGHT make sense. And are those dollar savings really going to get invested and net the interest difference? Interest rates hasn't been so good lately and it is still pretty cheap to borrow. 2 to 3% loans are not hard to find and sometimes 0% to 2 % is available from Acura.
Leighmc, I usually keep my vehicles 10 years. Three years ago I bought a new 2016 RAM 1500 4x4. When I was talking to the salesman he realized I wasn't going to buy by taking the cash out of my money market account and I wasn't going to pay any interest on a loan. He said he could get me a zero interest rate loan, I liked that idea and I got a good price on the RAM so I took it. My son is in need of a good truck so I'm selling my RAM to him, actually, I have no need for a pickup and I love the look of the MDX plus everything I've read about them sounds excellent; however, my thinking is the same today as it was three years ago. I'm not going to pay interest and I don't want to take the money out of my money market account where I'm getting a little 1.25%. What will take place is a mystery at this point.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Russinator
Bobby, your post makes since. I'm wondering about something. In my case I have the cash to buy it right away; however, by doing it that way I'll lose the interest I'm making on the money. Example: for a $50,000 MDX I'll lose $50 a month in interest. In a 3 year period that amounts tp $1800.
I factored that into my analysis as well. In my analysis I took the money I would put down on a purchase but not a lease and put it into a 3 year CD. After adding this interest to the equation it was still basically a wash or maybe saved me 100-200 total. I personally preferred the flexibility with the purchase as I'm not locked into a 3 year lease.

But net/net there wasn't a meaningful savings by leasing so I just elected to purchase

I should clarify I didn't pay cash for the entire purchase, i financed 26k for 4 years at 2.75% and paid the rest in cash.

Last edited by bobby2478; 02-01-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:59 PM
10th Gear

Thanks Bobby

Originally Posted by bobby2478
I factored that into my analysis as well. In my analysis I took the money I would put down on a purchase but not a lease and put it into a 3 year CD. After adding this interest to the equation it was still basically a wash or maybe saved me 100-200 total. I personally preferred the flexibility with the purchase as I'm not locked into a 3 year lease.

But net/net there wasn't a meaningful savings by leasing so I just elected to purchase

I should clarify I didn't pay cash for the entire purchase, i financed 26k for 4 years at 2.75% and paid the rest in cash.
Thanks Bobby. I should have known you would have thought of that.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:49 PM
3rd Gear

I have been in discussion with Pohanka and other dealers in the DMV area. They are definitely one of the few in my opinion that have been actively willing to negotiate. That being said, this time of year really does not seem like a great time to buy. Like I said, there is a need currently, but this is the first time I will ever be purchasing a vehicle when it was not end of model year (or later). The incentives are not as significant right now, and it seems like dealers are not as agressive and per a couple sales guys, they do not feel pressured to make deals that do not make sense.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:30 AM
3rd Gear

I have been in discussion with Pohanka and other dealers in the DMV area. They are definitely one of the few in my opinion that have been actively willing to negotiate. That being said, this time of year really does not seem like a great time to buy. Like I said, there is a need currently, but this is the first time I will ever be purchasing a vehicle when it was not end of model year (or later). The incentives are not as significant right now, and it seems like dealers are not as agressive and per a couple sales guys, they do not feel pressured to make deals that do not make sense.
I'm also speaking with Pohanka on a 2019 SHAWD w/ tech. I emailed for a quote and was given these numbers:
Sales price - $46,995
Doc - $799
Tax - $1513.71
OTD - $49,307.71

You're saying you are getting $47.200 out the door? Asking because, the numbers I received above were the first thing Pohanka threw out based on an email request for a quote.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:35 AM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Negotiated a deal on a 19 MDX Tech, 513/ month 7500 miles per year first payment out of pocket. Payment includes all tax tag and fees and 5 last payments on current Acura(pull ahead takes care of 3). Seems like a pretty good deal. Believe they are selling me the MDX at 42445. I believe that is without the 1000 loyalty Honda gives.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:10 AM
6th Gear

I've got family in the car business (other brands) and know the game pretty well. I don't know the details on what Graham found, but you might want to expand your search. There are a lot of major dealers within a few hours away, PA, NJ, and NYC some of which are some of the biggest in the country. Places like Trucar and Costco are pretty much retail pricing that a lot of people think is a great deal, so it works well for them. Usually Pohanka is really good, but those prices you mentioned suck.

Keep in mind these cars are commodities and you can have it serviced at any Acura dealer of your choosing. If you are not getting good pricing at one place, just buy from someone who is. But keep in mind, everyone is going to give you crappy numbers at first until you are ready to buy and like Graham said, they don't care too much to make sales right now. That is not true for everyone and I'll bet it heats up a lot more in a few months. The new model MDX will likely be released sometime this Summer (maybe July) so pricing will definitely get better on these as few are going to want a 19 when the 20's come out. If you are lazy, consider getting a broker. Even with their small commission, they will have no trouble beating the deal you are presenting.

Keep in mind also there are also other manufacturers dealing aggressively. The MDX is nice, but so is the RX350, the Nautilus,and some of the German competition is pretty nice too and some of them are dealing pretty aggressively. Detach the emotion, urgency, and work with multiple dealers and you'll ind a better deal. You just have to decide if a little effort is worth it to save 1 or 2K or more.

Keep in mind a lease is completely different than buying. Touting a OTD price on a lease vs. an OTD price on a purchase is too completely different things. Subsidies on leases are better because there is more money for the dealers/ manufacturers in leasing. Does it make sense for you? Whole other discussion. If you want to be in a new car every 3 or 4 years than you might want to consider it.
The following 2 users liked this post by leighmc:
Nates NJTL (02-09-2019), pilozm (02-06-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 09:38 AM
3rd Gear

I've got family in the car business (other brands) and know the game pretty well. I don't know the details on what Graham found, but you might want to expand your search. There are a lot of major dealers within a few hours away, PA, NJ, and NYC some of which are some of the biggest in the country. Places like Trucar and Costco are pretty much retail pricing that a lot of people think is a great deal, so it works well for them. Usually Pohanka is really good, but those prices you mentioned suck.

Keep in mind these cars are commodities and you can have it serviced at any Acura dealer of your choosing. If you are not getting good pricing at one place, just buy from someone who is. But keep in mind, everyone is going to give you crappy numbers at first until you are ready to buy and like Graham said, they don't care too much to make sales right now. That is not true for everyone and I'll bet it heats up a lot more in a few months. The new model MDX will likely be released sometime this Summer (maybe July) so pricing will definitely get better on these as few are going to want a 19 when the 20's come out. If you are lazy, consider getting a broker. Even with their small commission, they will have no trouble beating the deal you are presenting.

Keep in mind also there are also other manufacturers dealing aggressively. The MDX is nice, but so is the RX350, the Nautilus,and some of the German competition is pretty nice too and some of them are dealing pretty aggressively. Detach the emotion, urgency, and work with multiple dealers and you'll ind a better deal. You just have to decide if a little effort is worth it to save 1 or 2K or more.

Keep in mind a lease is completely different than buying. Touting a OTD price on a lease vs. an OTD price on a purchase is too completely different things. Subsidies on leases are better because there is more money for the dealers/ manufacturers in leasing. Does it make sense for you? Whole other discussion. If you want to be in a new car every 3 or 4 years than you might want to consider it.
Was your post in response to mine? Trying to make sure I follow.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Looks like MDX sales are on a steady decline...should be seeing great deals way below invoice.

Acura MDX US car sales figures
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (02-11-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
My Price on 2019 MDX FWD Advance

Jan 30th purchased the following:
2019 MDX Advance FWD Black/Black

Purchase Price was $51,000 before TTL and Loyalty bonus.
With the Loyalty incentive, final price was $50,000 plus TTL.
Included accessories in the aforementioned price:
Splash guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, and All Season floor mats, door edge film guard, and some kind of permaplate paint protection

This was a purchase not a lease and there was no trade-in.
Hope this helps.
pilozm (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Cruiser

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts
looking to purchase this also, I've been getting prices from $50 to $54... thinking about going with the SHAWD with the A-spec
Old 02-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Has anyone purchased a Tech or Advance package from an Orlando or Jacksonville dealer recently? About the best I saw at year's end in Jacksonville was 8% off of MSRP on a Tech. Because of the ridiculous "dealer fees" all the Jacksonville dealers collude on, I'll probably be buying the car in Orlando or Ocala.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Hi all! I have a quick question...I was a Honda customer for 16 years and then moved to Acura in 2016. My lease was up in October of 2018 and i cross shopped a couple other SUVs. Lexus made me a killer lease offer on the RX350 AWD. I wasn't sure about the new RDX (first year growing pains) and my dealer didn't really contact me about the MDX. So...after having the RX350 for 6 months and 4,000 miles, I like it but don't love it. It handles nothing like my 2016 RDX. I got $10k off the price of it and it's in showroom new condition. So my question is...how hard would it be to move back to Acura this early in my lease with the MDX deals expected to get better or would it be best to ride my Lexus lease out? I don't want any negative equity. Thanks so much!
Old 02-21-2019, 06:30 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Okay, after two weeks of soliciting offers from dealers in four different cities across three states, it looks like I will FINALLY be back in the MDX family again! Just accepted an offer to purchase a 2019 FWD with Tech Package, Cargo Cover, All-weather mats, Cargo Mat, Door Edge Film, Door Handle Film, Locking Lugs, PPF (1/4 hood, 1/4 front fenders, front bumper and mirrors) and yada, yada, yada the other crap the dealers load on for $45,500 before taxes and registration fees. Nowhere near what some of you are getting in the Mid-Atlantic states, but this deal was significantly better than any other I've seen.

Just glad it's over!
Old 02-21-2019, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear

Hi, am planning to buy MDX 2019 with Adv +Entertainment package. I got quotes with $59900 (drive out price) from Atlanta, GA dealers. Please share the price details you guys got any
Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 PM
2nd Gear

Hi,
Am also planning to buy MDX Advance+entertainment . Could you please share the details about the dealer you went with

Thanks,
Siva
Old 03-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy 2018 SH-AWD Tech Lease Quote

Decided to stop by my local Acura Dealer (where I leased my 2016 RDX AWD ADV) to see what my options are to get out of my 2018 Lexus RX 350. Quote I received on a 2019 SH-AWD Tech was $7600 in discounts and rebates brings it down to around $45k which doesn't include an additional $1000 rebate. First months payment down and $606 per month. I have $1400 negative equity which will take my payment to $670 which is substantially more than my RX350. So, I will hold on to it until the lease is up or Acura can pull a magic trick. LOL He said the 2020s will be released in June and Acura has issued major incentives to move the 2019. My question is should I email a larger market like Nashville or ATL or just keep what I have? I don't HATE my RX, it just doesn't handle like my Acura and I miss that.
pilozm (03-06-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 04:35 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
anybody know what the April dealer incentives will be? I don't qualify for any of the march ones (loyalty, military, college.) I have an 04 TL and 2015 Pilot. The 2.9% apr is ok, but i figure that will carry over to april or maybe a 0%
Old 03-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Racer

Slightly off topic but has anyone checked out the new Kia Telluride? It looks pretty impressive (coming from someone who just bought a 19 MDX in October). Also the Hyundai Palisade comes out this summer and looks pretty impressive as well. While not true "luxury", judging by the photos of the interiors you can't really tell they look pretty nice (even if the wood isn't real wood)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Keeping my eye on the Telluride. None of the dealers in my area show any stock yet. Looks good and fully loaded for $48K. I test drove a RDX and MDX last week. I really liked the updated interior and tech in the RDX but want it in a SUV the size of the MDX. It reaffirms that what I want is a new redesigned MDX. Dealer thinks it happens for 2020MY but doesn't know when it will come out. 3 weeks until the NY Auto Show press conferences.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MrJames
Keeping my eye on the Telluride. None of the dealers in my area show any stock yet. Looks good and fully loaded for $48K. I test drove a RDX and MDX last week. I really liked the updated interior and tech in the RDX but want it in a SUV the size of the MDX. It reaffirms that what I want is a new redesigned MDX. Dealer thinks it happens for 2020MY but doesn't know when it will come out. 3 weeks until the NY Auto Show press conferences.
Depending on what trim be prepared to pay a hefty premium on the redesign mdx (both due to increased MSRP and the fact it will sell at full sticker for several months). U can get a decent deal on the 19 MDX now. Depending on trim the telluride could be 10k less than the mdx or close to the same price
Old 03-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Instructor

If Acura knocks the next MDX out of the park, I'll pay the premium for it. Hopefully no more than a $4-5K bump for MSRP on an Advance. The RDX was a little over $3K. I just need it to come out soon. The days on my TL are numbered so I'm going to have to move on.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Racer

If Acura knocks the next MDX out of the park, I'll pay the premium for it. Hopefully no more than a $4-5K bump for MSRP on an Advance. The RDX was a little over $3K. I just need it to come out soon. The days on my TL are numbered so I'm going to have to move on.
Around $5k increase in MSRP sounds about right, plus selling at full MSRP (as rdx did for nearly 6 months after launch because they are selling out with no motivation to discount) would mean next gen MDX would sell for $66k-$67k for advance with Entertainment, which is about $10k more than you can easily get a 19 Advance with Entertainment for right now

I was in the same boat, For me the long wait, assuming a $10k premium plus likely growing pains first couple of years on a new gen redesign I decided to go ahead and get a 19 Advance with Entertainment instead. $10k savings was meaningful and considering its year 6 of current gen most of the kinks should be worked out by now.

Only things the next gen would potentially offer that would really interest me would be a better infotainment system, heads up display, pano moonroof, and possibly more legroom and /or storage space. I decided heads up display and a more refined infotainment system weren't worth waiting for over a year and a $10k premium, although when I bought in October I couldn't afford to wait another 1-2 years for next gen so it wasn't really an option

Last edited by bobby2478; 03-25-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
my 04 tl has 240k miles. It needs upper control arms and ac stopped working last summer. So I'm in a time crunch. I'm not going drive without ac. I'm probably getting a hybrid tech now, and hopefully the type s will be out before the hybrid warranty runs out.
Stop in the rdx forum, sounds like they have nothing but problems with the new infotainment. Hopefully acura will have all of that sorted out as well.
pilozm (03-26-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 PM
Instructor

The MDX I test drove was a Sport Hybrid Advance. Great power and the gas mileage would work well for my daily rush hour drives. If they don't release a new MDX then I may go hybrid until a Type S launches. Between that, RDX Advance, Telluride and the new Mercedes GLE if I'm willing to spend that much. The MBUX is a huge improvement on what Acura has come out with. Touch pad on the center console, touch buttons on the steering wheel and the screen itself is still a touch screen plus it's fast. Main concern other than the huge price tag since everything costs extra is maintenance and repair costs over time.
pilozm (03-29-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 07:46 AM
Racer

The MDX I test drove was a Sport Hybrid Advance. Great power and the gas mileage would work well for my daily rush hour drives. If they don't release a new MDX then I may go hybrid until a Type S launches. Between that, RDX Advance, Telluride and the new Mercedes GLE if I'm willing to spend that much. The MBUX is a huge improvement on what Acura has come out with. Touch pad on the center console, touch buttons on the steering wheel and the screen itself is still a touch screen plus it's fast. Main concern other than the huge price tag since everything costs extra is maintenance and repair costs over time.
Mercedes reliability in general is very suspect, in addition to the much higher costs for parts, routine maintenance and repairs. When you say you may go hybrid until type s launches, does that mean you'd do a short lease (isn't 3 years as short as they go)? They may either add type-s to the current gen this year (like they did with a-spec last year) or wait for new gen (which is looking like a 2021 MY that would be rolled out next year).
Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bobby2478
Mercedes reliability in general is very suspect, in addition to the much higher costs for parts, routine maintenance and repairs. When you say you may go hybrid until type s launches, does that mean you'd do a short lease (isn't 3 years as short as they go)? They may either add type-s to the current gen this year (like they did with a-spec last year) or wait for new gen (which is looking like a 2021 MY that would be rolled out next year).
I don't see them investing in a current gen Type S. The A-Spec is glorified appearance package so they can get away with that for a year or two with minimal expense. The dealer was pushing a lease making the case that I could then move to the new model in 3 years. I just don't want to be tied to a lease. I prefer ownership for flexibility even if it costs me more.
pilozm (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 08:43 AM
Racer

I don't see them investing in a current gen Type S. The A-Spec is glorified appearance package so they can get away with that for a year or two with minimal expense. The dealer was pushing a lease making the case that I could then move to the new model in 3 years. I just don't want to be tied to a lease. I prefer ownership for flexibility even if it costs me more.
If you don't like leases and prefer to buy, don't let the dealer talk you into one. If you can't afford to wait for next gen because you need something now (that you'd only keep for a few years and would for sure be getting rid of) have you considered buying something used? If you for sure aren't keeping it but need something in the short term you'd lose less in depreciation on used for a couple of years than you would with a lease or purchase. That's only if you need something now and would for sure be getting rid of whatever you get in a couple years to get the next gen.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loyalty discount depends on the year of your Acura. My 2008 did not qualify. One year over the limit. I just purchased a 2019 MDX Tech.
pilozm (03-26-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 05:16 PM
4th Gear

Planning to lease a FWD w/tech tomorrow.

MSRP: $50,695
Sale Price: $39,795 (22% off MSRP, includes $1000 conquest)
TMV: $46,396
MF: .0019
Residual: 55%
Terms: 12k/36m
Monthly: ~$478 + tax

~$1500 DAS which includes first month, acquisition, and fees.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Gkwong
Planning to lease a FWD w/tech tomorrow.

MSRP: $50,695
Sale Price: $39,795 (22% off MSRP, includes $1000 conquest)
TMV: $46,396
MF: .0019
Residual: 55%
Terms: 12k/36m
Monthly: ~$478 + tax

~$1500 DAS which includes first month, acquisition, and fees.
and I signed yesterday!

Total cost of lease: $18701

Hypothetical calculations:

Purchase at end: $27882 + tax=$30,321
$30,321-15k down, 4%(?) @ 3 years =$16,092.95
Total to own: $18701+15,321+16,093= $50,115

If I bought instead, price would be $46195+ tax and fees = $51,000
$51k - 16k down, 2.5% @ 5 years = $53,779.46

So in this example, i would save $3.5k just by leasing. Of course, this only pertains to me and my economic situation.

If I straight paid cash at end of lease and cash for the purchase then lease still wins out:
Lease total = $18701+30321=$49022
Purchase total = $51,000

Leasing was superior this month because of the Acura-to-Dealer incentive of $6250 for leases and only $650 for purchases. (I hope all my math above is correct, lol)
Old 04-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Gkwong
and I signed yesterday!

Total cost of lease: $18701

Hypothetical calculations:

Purchase at end: $27882 + tax=$30,321
$30,321-15k down, 4%(?) @ 3 years =$16,092.95
Total to own: $18701+15,321+16,093= $50,115

If I bought instead, price would be $46195+ tax and fees = $51,000
$51k - 16k down, 2.5% @ 5 years = $53,779.46

So in this example, i would save $3.5k just by leasing. Of course, this only pertains to me and my economic situation.

If I straight paid cash at end of lease and cash for the purchase then lease still wins out:
Lease total = $18701+30321=$49022
Purchase total = $51,000

Leasing was superior this month because of the Acura-to-Dealer incentive of $6250 for leases and only $650 for purchases. (I hope all my math above is correct, lol)
Yeah in this instance with the $6,250 lease incentive (previous months was only like $2,750) that definitely swings the pendulum over where it's probably cheaper to lease then buy instead of buying up front. When I did the same analysis back in October with about $4k less in lease incentives it was basically a wash so I ended up purchasing. If it would have been $3k-$4k cheaper to lease then buy that's what I would have done. Only part that doesn't look right is your purchase equation shows 2.5% rate available over 5 years, do you seriously have a 2.5% rate locked in for a 5 year term? When I purchased in October it was pulling teeth to get 2.74% and rates have been rising steadily since then. Even with a higher rate though that would only make leasing more attractive as the finance charges with the purchase would go up. As you point out, the only wild card is what interest rates will be like 3 years from now if you plan on financing the purchase at the end of the lease.

Quick Reply: MDX prices paid and deals