MDX prices paid and deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:24 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mm1001
That’s still not bad. Did you have a specific manager or salesperson? You can PM me if you want. Thanks.
sales person: Ramon Youssef
Manager: Sai Mehta
Dealer: Pohanka

all the best and hope you can beat the price
Old 11-25-2018, 01:27 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Amitra123

Thank you. I had assumed you were buying at Radley but this is very useful. I am in the Midwest but for the right price the trip may be worth it. WIll decide this week.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:49 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mm1001
Thank you. I had assumed you were buying at Radley but this is very useful. I am in the Midwest but for the right price the trip may be worth it. WIll decide this week.
I'll wait for next holiday.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:58 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Amitra123

Congrats.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:18 PM
3rd Gear

In New York, was able to get a 2019 MDX SH-AWD w/ Tech
$52,995 MSRP
$49,390 Invoice
$43,415 Final Price
17% off MSRP
$2,477 upfront for sales tax, DMV, $595 bank fee, $75 Doc fee and first payment. Nothing additional down
$445/month
Picking up later this week. Turning in existing 2016 MDX lease.
The following users liked this post:
achamakala (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 05:20 PM
3rd Gear

Had another dealer offer $43,707 final price.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:28 PM
3rd Gear

@Khatarnaak Awesome deal! Any information like which dealership and salesperson would be great. I take it this is a lease deal? I am also looking and in Rockland County NY.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:23 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by achamakala
@Khatarnaak Awesome deal! Any information like which dealership and salesperson would be great. I take it this is a lease deal? I am also looking and in Rockland County NY.
Yes, I did a 10k/36 month lease. I will look up and share the contact info.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
For any prices reported here the key is to identify whether it was for a lease or purchase, otherwise it's like comparing apples to oranges because you will always get a much better price when leasing then purchasing due to incentives Acura makes available on leased vehicles.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:08 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by bobby2478
For any prices reported here the key is to identify whether it was for a lease or purchase, otherwise it's like comparing apples to oranges because you will always get a much better price when leasing then purchasing due to incentives Acura makes available on leased vehicles.
Why wouldn't someone just lease for the lower price and pay the car off if the discount on the lease is much larger? Assuming the lease fees don't eat into the savings? I'm thinking if someone didn't have the cash to buy or ability to get a separate loan being the only negatives? Thoughts?
Old 11-28-2018, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I'm buying my 7th Acura in Jan. An MDX Advance, AWD. I've known my dealer and the GM for many yrs. They are excellent and they were 9th in total new car sale in Sept. out of all the U.S. Acura dealers. I've therefore made many "deals" with my GM personally and am always given a copy of THE Invoice for every one I buy. No games or bs.

Now....a Base MDX with AWD is $46,300 plus delivery, which we all have to pay...it's on the window sticker and on their Invoice...adds $995. So, that's an MSRP of $47,295. IF you add the Tech. Pack. to that...it's an additional $5,000!! So, I can't possibly see how your deal can be $45,995. The MSRP of an AWD Tech MDX is.....$52,295. No way on this earth will they sell that vehicle for $6,300 under MSRP.

I'm thinking an error has been made by someone here....
your quoted price matches to what a BASE MDX with AWD could sell for. And that's $1,300 below MSRP. Makes sense. But, NOT if it's a Tech. model. Again, that adds $5,000.

Double check with what exact vehicle that price quote is for.
Colorado RAFG, I am sorry, but think you may have gotten too comfortable with your dealership and GM. You can definitely get a MDX at way below invoice. There are other incentives we consumers do not know about that dealers get from corporate for hitting their monthly/quarterly/annual sales numbers. By relying on them to just provide you with their best prices without negotiating with them because you feel they are treating you right is not a good financial decision. But, if you feel you are getting an excellent deal, that's really all that matters. As an example from personal experience, I purchased my 17 Advance Hybrid MDX in June 2017 at about $1500-$2000 below invoice on the month they came out. I don't remember the exact deal, but it's on this site somewhere as I posted it when others were paying MSRP or $1K off since it was a new model at the time. In Oct 2017, I purchased my 18 TLX A-SPEC AWD for $40K + TTL with a discount of $4500 off MSRP. So just saying, way below invoice is possible. Best of luck on you 2019 Advance purchase. Sorry as I don't have any more recent examples.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by skarface
Why wouldn't someone just lease for the lower price and pay the car off if the discount on the lease is much larger? Assuming the lease fees don't eat into the savings? I'm thinking if someone didn't have the cash to buy or ability to get a separate loan being the only negatives? Thoughts?
I've done the math because I was curious myself if purchasing for $57k vs leasing for $55k plus purchasing for residual value at the end of the lease was cheaper.

Assuming a 4 year loan at 2.74% only financing $26k it was still cheaper to purchase than to lease and then buy out the lease at the end of the 3 year lease, even considering that you are getting the vehicle for $2k less than purchasing.

This was specific to the Advance AWD with Entertainment model so the math might be different for other trims with possibly more aggressive pricing and lease incentives
moose66 (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Racer

I've done the math because I was curious myself if purchasing for $57k vs leasing for $55k plus purchasing for residual value at the end of the lease was cheaper.

Assuming a 4 year loan at 2.74% only financing $26k it was still cheaper to purchase than to lease and then buy out the lease at the end of the 3 year lease, even considering that you are getting the vehicle for $2k less than purchasing.

This was specific to the Advance AWD with Entertainment model so the math might be different for other trims with possibly more aggressive pricing and lease incentives
I wonder if structuring it as a one pay lease would decrease the money factor (interest) enough to make it make sense to lease and buy...possibly get a loan out side of Acura is the money isn't readily available? There must be a ton of fees on a lease payoff for it to be $2k cheaper and still be more than purchasing.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Racer

I wonder if structuring it as a one pay lease would decrease the money factor (interest) enough to make it make sense to lease and buy...possibly get a loan out side of Acura is the money isn't readily available? There must be a ton of fees on a lease payoff for it to be $2k cheaper and still be more than purchasing.
There aren't hidden fees, it's all baked into the money factor as essentially a finance charge. So you have your depreciation charge + finance charge for 3 years plus TTL up front and sales tax at time of lease buyout on the residual value. Add that together is total cost. Vs purchase its $ down plus total of monthly payments in my case 4 years at 2.74%

Also bear in mind in my example I put $36k cash down and only financed $26k on a vehicle with $57k sales price + TTL. On the lease my calculation didn't include a ton down as it didn't make much difference over 3 years. The specific lease option i evaluated was 3 yr 7.5k miles per year on a 19 Advance SHAWD with Entertainment.
skarface (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Racer

Only other thing is if you financed the lease amount outside of acura and basically paid entire lease up front then what's the point? You still have a 3 year contract with acura and don't own the vehicle. You might be able to get it to the same total price as a purchase but if you aren't saving a substantial amount of money then why not just buy it and own it?

Benefit of lease is if you don't have a ton of money to put down and thus your finance charges on the loan would be higher and at that point leasing might be more competitive. But if you plan on keeping for the long haul and are putting 50% or more in cash down then straight purchase makes more sense financially then leasing
skarface (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Racer

Only other thing is if you financed the lease amount outside of acura and basically paid entire lease up front then what's the point? You still have a 3 year contract with acura and don't own the vehicle. You might be able to get it to the same total price as a purchase but if you aren't saving a substantial amount of money then why not just buy it and own it?

Benefit of lease is if you don't have a ton of money to put down and thus your finance charges on the loan would be higher and at that point leasing might be more competitive. But if you plan on keeping for the long haul and are putting 50% or more in cash down then straight purchase makes more sense financially then leasing
I'm thinking if someone wanted to buy it straight up it wouldn't really matter whether they call it a lease or purchase or how it was structured. Let's assume someone wanted to buy it straight up and had the full cash amount and was able to do a lease and paid off all the lease payments immediately and the residual value, how would it be more expensive than a straight up purchase if the cash price is $57k and the lease is $55k? Are there any other fees they charge that make it more? I thought when you do a one pay lease they decrease the money factor to nearly 0 since there isn't really any interest anymore? This might be helpful to people that have a check to buy the car if Acura is giving an extra $2k off leases. Interesting if this strategy would actually work.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:46 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
I'm thinking if someone wanted to buy it straight up it wouldn't really matter whether they call it a lease or purchase or how it was structured. Let's assume someone wanted to buy it straight up and had the full cash amount and was able to do a lease and paid off all the lease payments immediately and the residual value, how would it be more expensive than a straight up purchase if the cash price is $57k and the lease is $55k? Are there any other fees they charge that make it more? I thought when you do a one pay lease they decrease the money factor to nearly 0 since there isn't really any interest anymore? This might be helpful to people that have a check to buy the car if Acura is giving an extra $2k off leases. Interesting if this strategy would actually work.
I believe you also have to pay sales tax on the residual value as well (in most states).
Old 11-29-2018, 11:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1

I believe you also have to pay sales tax on the residual value as well (in most states).
Yeah but you have to pay the sales tax on it either way, right? Full amount on cash or tax on the payments and residual on a lease.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
Yeah but you have to pay the sales tax on it either way, right? Full amount on cash or tax on the payments and residual on a lease.
Correct! I wasn’t sure if your math scenario accounted for the tax you pay on the residual value of the lease as well.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:27 PM
Racer

Do your own math for the TOTAL COST to purchase or lease then buy out the lease at the end of the term to see.

I added total cost of the lease 3 yr 7.5k per year with me paying 37k+ cash at end of lease to buy the vehicle (you pay part of sales tax up front and remaining on residual upon buyout) and compared to purchasing with over 36k down (including paying cash for TTL) and financing 26k for 4 years at 2.74%. The lease was more expensive or at best about the exact same price as just buying the vehicle. This includes lease price of 55k and purchase price of 57k.

If you don't believe me then do the math for yourself and see. I was going to lease and then purchase if it was substantially cheaper but it actually came out a bit more expensive.

Again whether it's more expensive, the same cost or a hair cheaper to lease then purchase vs just buying it then why even bother with a lease if you plan on buying it anyway and keeping it over the long haul?
Old 12-03-2018, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

I got offer from my dealership for $54300 otd for 2019 MDX FWD Advance w/Entertainment.

Let me know if I can better this or this is what I should go for. All other dealers offered 1k more than this.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Racer

Do your own math for the TOTAL COST to purchase or lease then buy out the lease at the end of the term to see.

I added total cost of the lease 3 yr 7.5k per year with me paying 37k+ cash at end of lease to buy the vehicle (you pay part of sales tax up front and remaining on residual upon buyout) and compared to purchasing with over 36k down (including paying cash for TTL) and financing 26k for 4 years at 2.74%. The lease was more expensive or at best about the exact same price as just buying the vehicle. This includes lease price of 55k and purchase price of 57k.

If you don't believe me then do the math for yourself and see. I was going to lease and then purchase if it was substantially cheaper but it actually came out a bit more expensive.

Again whether it's more expensive, the same cost or a hair cheaper to lease then purchase vs just buying it then why even bother with a lease if you plan on buying it anyway and keeping it over the long haul?
If the prices came out pretty close, I would think a lease gives the flexibility of giving the car back if by year 3 you hate it or it turns out to be somewhat of a "lemon" or something awesome is released that you gotta have. Wouldn't have to worry about selling it on your own or fighting with the dealership to fix issues. And if the residual is lower than the market value at year 3 you have the option to sell it on your own and pocket the profit. But if you are going to keep it forever no matter what, then it doesn't really make much of a difference.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Advanced

Thank you everyone. Leased a Blue 19 AWD Tech for 435 month 10k 3 year with 2600 out of pocket for everything except the DMV fees for the transfer. The last Acura I had was a 2000 TL that I kept for 10 years before leasing other cars. I am coming from a 16' X3 that I turn in next week.
pilozm (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by NYDennis1
Thank you everyone. Leased a Blue 19 AWD Tech for 435 month 10k 3 year with 2600 out of pocket for everything except the DMV fees for the transfer. The last Acura I had was a 2000 TL that I kept for 10 years before leasing other cars. I am coming from a 16' X3 that I turn in next week.
What part of NY? Dealer?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Racer

If the prices came out pretty close, I would think a lease gives the flexibility of giving the car back if by year 3 you hate it or it turns out to be somewhat of a "lemon" or something awesome is released that you gotta have. Wouldn't have to worry about selling it on your own or fighting with the dealership to fix issues. And if the residual is lower than the market value at year 3 you have the option to sell it on your own and pocket the profit. But if you are going to keep it forever no matter what, then it doesn't really make much of a difference.
What if something happens and you want or need to get rid of the vehicle before the 3 year lease is up? Owning the vehicle as opposed to leasing gives you more flexibility. Lease you are under contract and if you need to break the contract for any reason then you have to pay a substantial fee.

Even factoring in trade in with a purchase if you decide to get rid of it vs turning in the keys at the end of the lease I didn't see a meaningful financial benefit to leasing vs purchasing if you are nearly certain that you will keep the vehicle at the end of the lease. So I decided I'd rather have the added flexibility you get by owning the vehicle.

Other main factor to consider is my analysis assumes after 3 years you pay cash to buy the vehicle for residual value (no finance charges). If you won't have $36,000 to $40,000 in cash then you would need to finance this and make payments for a few years. Even at today's rates the finance charges in this scenario makes the lease and buyout more expensive than just buying outright. And in 3 years from now its all but guaranteed interest rates will be quite a bit higher than they are right now
Old 12-17-2018, 03:16 PM
3rd Gear

Best offer I got from dealer is $47393 out the door including VA taxes, talked to almost all the dealers in northern virginia. Is this a good deal?
Old 12-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Racer

Hard to assess, what year and trim? What's the sale price before TTL, trade in etc? It's easier to assess this figure
Old 12-17-2018, 03:59 PM
3rd Gear

Hard to assess, what year and trim? What's the sale price before TTL, trade in etc? It's easier to assess this figure
2019 MDX AWD technology package 8600$ off MSRP I think. 47393 out the door.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by amit123

2019 MDX AWD technology package 8600$ off MSRP I think. 47393 out the door.
Again out the door price isn't as easy to compare as the price before TTL as TTL is different everywhere.

Don't know ur zip code but in MN however TrueCar says with MSRP of the 52,295 and invoice at 49,140 that avg before TTL is 47,184 so if you are getting it for 47,393 OTD that would seem to be a great deal. Is that on a lease or purchase? Also any trade in?
Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 PM
3rd Gear

Again out the door price isn't as easy to compare as the price before TTL as TTL is different everywhere.

Don't know ur zip code but in MN however TrueCar says with MSRP of the 52,295 and invoice at 49,140 that avg before TTL is 47,184 so if you are getting it for 47,393 OTD that would seem to be a great deal. Is that on a lease or purchase? Also any trade in?
it’s a purchase with no trade in. Zipcode 20151.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by amit123

it’s a purchase with no trade in. Zipcode 20151.
$6500 off is about average so you're getting a great deal. I'm guessing Pohanka gave you that deal since they have some of the best prices in the DMV area. Other areas outside of here don't get anywhere near the prices we see here so you might even be able to squeeze a few hundred more off.

Last edited by skarface; 12-17-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Just signed in MA(lease). It took a fair amount of research and finding the dealership to play ball, but finally was able to get the numbers to the neighborhood i wanted hang around. Dealer was trying to hit the numbers for the year.

2019 MDX Tech AWD (incl. optional heated steering wheel @$500), 36mo/12K mi/yr
MSRP: 52,795
SP: 43,969
MF: .0011
RV: 57%
Drive-off: 1,500 (First, DMV, Doc Fee, ~200 cap reduction)
Monthly: 428 (454 w/ 6.25% MA Tax)

Incentives:
1,500 Flex Cash
500 College Grad
3,525 Acura Cash Direct to Dealer applied to the deal

Thanks to everyone who shared their wisdom and experience here, this is a great community!
Old 12-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by lausy
Colorado RAFG, I am sorry, but think you may have gotten too comfortable with your dealership and GM. You can definitely get a MDX at way below invoice. There are other incentives we consumers do not know about that dealers get from corporate for hitting their monthly/quarterly/annual sales numbers. By relying on them to just provide you with their best prices without negotiating with them because you feel they are treating you right is not a good financial decision. But, if you feel you are getting an excellent deal, that's really all that matters. As an example from personal experience, I purchased my 17 Advance Hybrid MDX in June 2017 at about $1500-$2000 below invoice on the month they came out. I don't remember the exact deal, but it's on this site somewhere as I posted it when others were paying MSRP or $1K off since it was a new model at the time. In Oct 2017, I purchased my 18 TLX A-SPEC AWD for $40K + TTL with a discount of $4500 off MSRP. So just saying, way below invoice is possible. Best of luck on you 2019 Advance purchase. Sorry as I don't have any more recent examples.
Don't know why you assume I don't negotiate?! I've owned over 60 vehicles and aprox. 35 new ones. I always negotiate. Esp. on my trade ins. Just picked up my '19 Advance, AWD, 6P, MSRP is $59,045. I paid cash for a sales
price of $54,979. That's $1,029 BELOW the Invoice of $56,008. No dealer fees. I added discounted Accessories to that. Great deal and we love the MDX. Have owned 3, Gen 2 RDX's and liked them a lot. This MDX is just
a bit better all around. There are some pretty good deals from Acura on Leases....and they are known to offer nice incentives on Leases over the years, and really no advertised incentives on non-lease deals. Even if military,
etc, you can't get an incentive unless you lease. No so with other manufacturers. Like Ford, which always offers incentives for a purchase of a Ford vehicle to first responders, active and retired military.

So, for an outright sales price that I got....I did well. In Dec. Acura started helping dealers on leftover '18's and new '19's. So, that made the below invoice sales price possible. With an inventory of over 100 '19 MDX's....that helps
too. Pearl white/parchment. Love the new wheels for '19 and a few other "tweaks" they made. The 9 speed trans was one of the tweaks and it's great. Super quick in "S" mode. Shifts are sharp and no issues.
I have an excellent rapport with my GM, new car Mgr, the Gen. Sales Mgr, etc. Know them all very well. My GM answer my emails and texts no matter where he is....as he just did while on a bus. trip. So, what you don't know about,
don't assume...again...that I don't get treated well. I get everything I ask for and more at times. 25% discount on all accessories and discounted labor. I could go on....but, why. You are a doubter it seems..but, that's because you
do a lot of "assuming."

I got a big discount on MY '18 TLX A-Spec also!! Almost $5,000 off MSRP! Awd, white/red But, they can do that more easily on those models than RDX's or MDX's....since they are the top sellers for Acura. Don't compare apples to oranges. It's situational, type of vehicle, location, time of year, time of month, inventory, etc, etc.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:01 AM
2nd Gear

End of year 2018 MDX Prices

The difference between the 2018 and 2019 MDX seem minimal, so I'm looking at a 2018 MDX. What kind of price can I expect to get for an 2018? Since its previous year model, I'm expecting to deduct the depreciation from the price. Is that reasonable? What's a reasonable percent of invoice? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-22-2018, 07:50 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by zuhx1
The difference between the 2018 and 2019 MDX seem minimal, so I'm looking at a 2018 MDX. What kind of price can I expect to get for an 2018? Since its previous year model, I'm expecting to deduct the depreciation from the price. Is that reasonable? What's a reasonable percent of invoice? Thanks in advance!
Not sure which 2018 package you were planning to get but if looking at the Tech package the 2019 does contain a few extra features compared to the 2018. The important one to me was the front/rear parking sensors. They also added wood trim and I think the power seats are upgraded too. If getting the advanced package I am not sure of the differences.

As far as price I got a 2019 MDX AWD with tech ($52,295 sticker) for $46K+ttl purchase (NOT LEASE). Lease deals were about $2.7K less. Since I got $12% off on a '19 (which was only an OK deal), I would definitely try to target at least a 15% off sticker on a 2018.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:28 AM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I believe the 2019 Advance also gets adaptive dampers which was only available on the hybrid in 2018. I saw it mentioned that the transmission got some software changes to improve shifting so you may want to test drive a 2019 to see if you notice any difference.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MrJames
I believe the 2019 Advance also gets adaptive dampers which was only available on the hybrid in 2018. I saw it mentioned that the transmission got some software changes to improve shifting so you may want to test drive a 2019 to see if you notice any difference.
In addition to software improvements there are also likely other refinements they made for 2019. They mention "substantial refinements" in the zf9 for the 19 MDX and Pilot and I'd be surprised if "substantial refinements" was only updated software.

The 19 definitely does shift more smooth then the 18 I think
86LXJunker (04-14-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 01:47 PM
3rd Gear

Any recent purchases out there?

I am shopping for a 2019 MDX AWD w Tech package in the DC/MD/VA area. So far I have $47,200 out the door, including all TTL. I feel like I can do better and at least get into the 46's. Especially now that I have seen posts on this forum for OTD at 46 (that one seems exceptionally low). Anyone have recent purchase experience and what I can expect? Not the best month to be shopping, but the need is there. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:05 PM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How have you made out so far?
Old 01-29-2019, 09:56 PM
3rd Gear

Still in the 47.0 area OTD. Would like to get to mid 46s if not better. Hoping end of month will bring some improvement. Couple dealers in VA seem more willing to negotiate.

Quick Reply: MDX prices paid and deals