MDX prices paid and deals

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by achamakala
I am looking into the 2019 MDX AWD w/tech and best price I have gotten from a dealer is $45,995. Any feedback? Seems like a solid price to me.
I'm buying my 7th Acura in Jan. An MDX Advance, AWD. I've known my dealer and the GM for many yrs. They are excellent and they were 9th in total new car sale in Sept. out of all the U.S. Acura dealers. I've therefore made many "deals" with my GM personally and am always given a copy of THE Invoice for every one I buy. No games or bs.

Now....a Base MDX with AWD is $46,300 plus delivery, which we all have to pay...it's on the window sticker and on their Invoice...adds $995. So, that's an MSRP of $47,295. IF you add the Tech. Pack. to that...it's an additional $5,000!! So, I can't possibly see how your deal can be $45,995. The MSRP of an AWD Tech MDX is.....$52,295. No way on this earth will they sell that vehicle for $6,300 under MSRP.

I'm thinking an error has been made by someone here....
your quoted price matches to what a BASE MDX with AWD could sell for. And that's $1,300 below MSRP. Makes sense. But, NOT if it's a Tech. model. Again, that adds $5,000.

Double check with what exact vehicle that price quote is for.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 10-30-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:16 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I'm buying my 7th Acura in Jan. An MDX Advance, AWD. I've known my dealer and the GM for many yrs. They are excellent and they were 9th in total new car sale in Sept. out of all the U.S. Acura dealers. I've therefore made many "deals" with my GM personally and am always given a copy of THE Invoice for every one I buy. No games or bs.

Now....a Base MDX with AWD is $46,300 plus delivery, which we all have to pay...it's on the window sticker and on their Invoice...adds $995. So, that's an MSRP of $47,295. IF you add the Tech. Pack. to that...it's an additional $5,000!! So, I can't possibly see how your deal can be $45,995. The MSRP of an AWD Tech MDX is.....$52,295. No way on this earth will they sell that vehicle for $6,300 under MSRP.

I'm thinking an error has been made by someone here....
your quoted price matches to what a BASE MDX with AWD could sell for. And that's $1,300 below MSRP. Makes sense. But, NOT if it's a Tech. model. Again, that adds $5,000.

Double check with what exact vehicle that price quote is for.
According to TrueCar invoice is $49,440 and average price is $47,766. If it's a lease then there are 2k incentives and then $45k I'd say is doable but a great price. If on purchase I'd agree that it would be highly irregular to get a price of $45k as that's $4k UNDER INVOICE.

If it's a legit price and you are purchasing then I'd say jump on it. This assumes 19 AWD Tech in a non premium color.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:53 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting the car from an auto broker that my uncle has used before. I have confirmed it is 45,995 for the 2019 MDX AWD w/ Tech for either of the silver colors and no dealer fees! I'm in the NY area if anyone is interested in using my guy PM me.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:03 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile ????

Originally Posted by achamakala
I am getting the car from an auto broker that my uncle has used before. I have confirmed it is 45,995 for the 2019 MDX AWD w/ Tech for either of the silver colors and no dealer fees! I'm in the NY area if anyone is interested in using my guy PM me.
Sorry, no disrespect at all.....but, I've dealt with an auto broker many yrs ago...actually my great friend. He had to buy the vehicle from someone...normally a new car dealer...if it's a new car, and there is no way he could have
purchased a vehicle that far below Invoice from a dealer. They have to make some money and at that price they are not. Do you think dealers are giving away new cars...or losing thousands just to move a car??? No way.

So, I wish you the best, but, again, there is something we are not hearing here. The "new" '19 could have been damaged in shipment, etc.....or there is just "something" that is not ringing correct here. I've been in the car business
in my past....sold new Toyotas and Nissans....and worked part time for my best friend...a dealer and broker. I used to go to the auto auctions where we picked out low mileage nice vehicles to bid on. Plus I've dealt with MANY
dealers over my many buying years of cars, SUV's, and trucks. Approaching 40 new bought and almost 70 total owned vehicles. So, I'm not a novice when it comes to the car buying/selling world.

I'd have to see and know the MDX's history..."new" or not....see the paperwork, etc. Again, no disrespect, but, this is way beyond to be true. There is NO money to be made for the original owner of this vehicle. Only lost money!
Old 10-31-2018, 09:19 PM
Racer

I'd also check to make sure it's actually a 2019 and not just an 18 being advertised as a 19. I've seen pics online of 19s that still had 18 wheels on them, not sure if it was just an honest mixup with the wrong or temporary pics or if it was blatantly lying since looking at the vehicle people wouldn't know the difference
Old 11-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by EE4Life
If you are purchasing, there should be up to $475 in an unadvertised dealer cash incentive.

If you are leasing, there should be up to $2725 in an unadvertised dealer cash incentive.

If leasing, the total unadvertised dealer cash incentives would be $475 + $2725 = $3200.

Dealers can pass zero to all of the unadvertised dealer cash incentives on to you.

All dealers pay invoice for the car. You want to get as much of the incentives as you can, along with as much holdback as you can.

This is how you can purchase or lease for well under the invoice price.

Good luck!

https://www.carsdirect.com/2019/acura/mdx

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...als-and-prices
There are new incentives until 1/2/19:

If you are purchasing, there should be up to $650 in an unadvertised dealer cash incentive.

If you are leasing, there should be up to $3525 in an unadvertised dealer cash incentive.

If leasing, the total unadvertised dealer cash incentives would be $650 + $3525 = $4175.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Racer

Well I finally closed the deal and bought my White Diamond Pearl with Ebony interior 19 MDX AWD Advance with Entertainment last week and on a purchase paid $57,000 + TTL, invoice was $57,638 with MSRP at $61,045.

I had the option to do a factory order with another local dealer for $56,000 + TTL but I'd have had to wait 3-4 months minimum until delivery so decided to just buy the one that was actually in stock instead of wait even though it cost an extra $1k.

Overall I spoke to over 5 dealers in several states and on that car right now at least $57,000 is as low as anyone would go on purchase, and TrueCar average is a little over invoice so it seems as though I got a respectable deal.

The following users liked this post:
37tzee (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
THAT, is a nice looking MDX!
Old 11-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
THAT, is a nice looking MDX!
Thanks! All I did was add the splash guards and body side molding, tinted the front windows and added clear film on the front end. Other than that it's stock.

The new advance wheels and body colored lower trim they introduced for 19 really add to the look I think.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Wait . . . . . . .so now they have body color mudguards? Nice!!!!!! Sweet looking ride there. Congrats.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 329 Likes on 228 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bobby2478
Well I finally closed the deal and bought my White Diamond Pearl with Ebony interior 19 MDX AWD Advance with Entertainment last week and on a purchase paid $57,000 + TTL, invoice was $57,638 with MSRP at $61,045.

I had the option to do a factory order with another local dealer for $56,000 + TTL but I'd have had to wait 3-4 months minimum until delivery so decided to just buy the one that was actually in stock instead of wait even though it cost an extra $1k.

Overall I spoke to over 5 dealers in several states and on that car right now at least $57,000 is as low as anyone would go on purchase, and TrueCar average is a little over invoice so it seems as though I got a respectable deal.

Looks like a Sport Hybrid with body color lower trim. I also like the door molding, breaks up that huge door a bit. Love new '19 Advance wheels too!
Old 11-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by moose66
Wait . . . . . . .so now they have body color mudguards? Nice!!!!!! Sweet looking ride there. Congrats.
Thanks! For 2019 it's only the sport hybrid and non hybrid Advance models that have body color lower trim (and painted splash guards), on non hybrid base and tech models the lower trim is still black not body colored. Technically you could order painted splash guards for a non advance trim for the same price as the black non painted ones but that would look weird when the lower trim on the rest of the car is black non painted
Old 11-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Looks like a Sport Hybrid with body color lower trim. I also like the door molding, breaks up that huge door a bit. Love new '19 Advance wheels too!
Exactly, in 19 now the non hybrid Advance models with the same body color lower trim look like the hybrid models. The new advance wheels look awesome compared to the 18 advance wheels IMO

Yeah I liked the look of the side moldings so had the dealer add those and splash guards, both really add to the look I think even if the side moldings don't really protect the door much

Last edited by bobby2478; 11-05-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Personally, I think Sport Hybrid is the better deal. I haven't looked at 2019 prices, but is it still only $1500 premium over the regular ICE models?
Old 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The SH is the better deal if you can find it for not more than a 3k premium over regular based on real prices not sticker. Here in NorCal the Hybrids go for sticker vs a 10-15% discount on the non-hybrids which makes it much more difficult of a choice. I got my non hybrid 2018 Advance in Feb for 52k , cheapest I could get the hybrid for was 58k here or deal with getting something shipped from IL....at that price the non hybrid made more sense it is a very capable vehicle as well and does come with some advantages (can tow and go offroad).
Old 11-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Personally, I think Sport Hybrid is the better deal. I haven't looked at 2019 prices, but is it still only $1500 premium over the regular ICE models?
If you ever plan on towing or driving on long road trips then the hybrid isn't the best deal because it can't tow and real world highway fuel economy lags behind the non hybrid NA V6.

I plan on doing both hence I passed on the hybrid
Old 11-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

If you ever plan on towing or driving on long road trips then the hybrid isn't the best deal because it can't tow and real world highway fuel economy lags behind the non hybrid NA V6.

My GM drives the Hybrid and loves it, but, it's just not my "thing." I'm getting an Advance, AWD, no ENT, white/parchment. Outside will look like yours. And I agree, I'm big about changing wheels to my liking, BUT, the new
Advance wheels look great. Whew...saving some money there! LOL!

Your MDX looks GREAT! Great job and price too! I've purchased many Acura's from my GM, directly, and he and I are great business friends. He and his Acura associates treat my wife and I with great respect and attention.
I hope he's really ready to "deal" on the '19 Advance. I'm doing it in January. He told me he will have the exact model, color, etc we want....even though right now they don't have one.....too early anyway.

I had the new car Mgr. send me a copy of their Invoice on an Advance, AWD, 6P model. It is $56,008.74. That includes dest. and ad fees that Acura makes them pay. I have the complete Invoice. The MSRP is $59,045.
His dealership is always in the top 10 in the U.S. of Acura dealers. I've purchased 1 Acura from him below Invoice, but, that was a rare situation. I hope to TRY and get this MDX at Invoice, but, not holding my breath. But, that
will be my offer.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Racer

Based on TrueCar and my experience with the advance with Entertainment, which there are even less of than the advance, you should be able to get $500-700 off invoice if they step up to make a deal. By January we'll know for sure if they are redesigning the 4th gen for 2019 as a 2020 model year or not. If so then after they announce it you should be able to get even more favorable pricing on the 19 3rd gens.

Biggest variable is the rarity of the car, they make less advanced than tech and so you'll get a better deal on a tech than an advanced, but that same logic holds true for the advance with Entertainment that I got, it's more rare than a regular advance so you should be able to get a better deal on an advance then I got on mine. All comes down to the dealer and how badly they want to sell the car.

Look at TrueCar closer to when you purchase and use their average market price as what you shoot for. Should be invoice less any purchase specific incentives. If leasing you can get a much better deal but I did the math and if you plan on keeping it for the long term then purchase is still the cheapest option even factoring in the fact you pay more to purchase the car then lease it because acura saves their biggest incentives for leases not purchase.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I agree if you plan to do any towing at all, Sport Hybrid is a no-go.
But I don't agree with your fuel economy statement. Our Sport Hybrid get 26-27MPG consistently in city driving, with lots of stop-n-go in SoCal traffic.
If we do more freeway driving and longer road trips, I bet we could get mid 30s MPG very easily.
Don't know what the newer 2019 MDX MPG are rated at, but in my 2017 MDX catalog, the SH-AWD Advance are rated at 22MPG combined. I suspect it's similiar for 2019 MY.
I doubt you can get any thing close to Sport Hybrid ratings.
There is even a guy on this forum that quoted he can get 45-50MPG on his Sport Hybrid. But I suspect he's doing alot of downhill driving LOL.

The Sport Hybrid was never developed as a MPG beast like the Prius. Its Electric Motors are meant to make the car more responsive and better SH-AWD handling as opposed to the ICE only models.
Its suspension and DCT transmission is better too IMO than the ICE models. At $1500 over the regular Tech SH-AWD, it's a better buy for us. Wish Acura would make more Sport Hybrid Tech package.

pilozm (12-12-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:49 PM
Racer

My statement regarding the real world highway fuel economy of the Sport Hybrid is based on real world extensive tests done by both Car and Drivers and Consumer Reports. They both said their real world test results indicate that the Sport Hybrid fuel economy isn't as good as the EPA rating, where the NA V6 actually did better than EPA ratings. This is specific ONLY TO HIGHWAY FUEL ECONOMY. The Sport Hybrid has a huge leg up on city fuel economy and any mix with a majority of those miles being stop and go in the city would obviously favor the Sport Hybrid.

​​​​​​On the highway at steady speeds in excess of 75 mph is when the non hybrid V6 exceeded EPA rating and returned close to 30 mpg on the highway according to their tests.

That was an additional factor into my decision making. I don't own a Sport Hybrid and haven't done any tests to validate the research done by those organizations so I'm not going to argue with you what the actual real world fuel economy is between the two. I'm not arguing the Sport Hybrid isn't a good vehicle it has its merits and is a good choice. I'm only arguing your point that the Sport Hybrid is unequivocally better than the non hybrid models outside of towing. It has obvious advantages when primarily doing city driving as well as any mix where you drive the vast majority of your miles in town in stop and go. If you will take long distance road trips where you cruise in excess of 75 mph over long periods then the non hybrid has benefits

Last edited by bobby2478; 11-05-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Based on TrueCar and my experience with the advance with Entertainment, which there are even less of than the advance, you should be able to get $500-700 off invoice if they step up to make a deal. By January we'll know for sure if they are redesigning the 4th gen for 2019 as a 2020 model year or not. If so then after they announce it you should be able to get even more favorable pricing on the 19 3rd gens.

Biggest variable is the rarity of the car, they make less advanced than tech and so you'll get a better deal on a tech than an advanced, but that same logic holds true for the advance with Entertainment that I got, it's more rare than a regular advance so you should be able to get a better deal on an advance then I got on mine. All comes down to the dealer and how badly they want to sell the car.

Look at TrueCar closer to when you purchase and use their average market price as what you shoot for. Should be invoice less any purchase specific incentives. If leasing you can get a much better deal but I did the math and if you plan on keeping it for the long term then purchase is still the cheapest option even factoring in the fact you pay more to purchase the car then lease it because acura saves their biggest incentives for leases not purchase.
Not sure if location makes a big difference, but, your statement that True Car's "Average Market Price" should be invoice less any specific incentives, is not correct.

In the region where my dealer is....the "Market Avg." is $1,189 off of MSRP. That's $1,848 ABOVE Invoice. BIG difference in what Invoice is and "market Avg." I'm quoting an Advance, AWD, 6P model.

The "scale" to look at using True Car is your regions (zip code)...."Great Price" is what you should be truly looking and using as your target when negotiating. In my region 7 buyers paid between $56,121 - $57,278....in that "Great Price range.
So, that's $113 above Invoice to $1,270 above Invoice. Not seeing any below Invoice buying going on in my Region.

Again, setting your sights on the "Market Avg." is NOT doing yourself any favors IF that's the figure you are striving for. On the contrary. You should look at the "Great Prices" in your area and make that lowest number your target to shoot for.
In my Region that's a $1,735 difference!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE in where you decide to start your negotiating.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Racer

Not sure if location makes a big difference, but, your statement that True Car's "Average Market Price" should be invoice less any specific incentives, is not correct.

In the region where my dealer is....the "Market Avg." is $1,189 off of MSRP. That's $1,848 ABOVE Invoice. BIG difference in what Invoice is and "market Avg." I'm quoting an Advance, AWD, 6P model.

The "scale" to look at using True Car is your regions (zip code)...."Great Price" is what you should be truly looking and using as your target when negotiating. In my region 7 buyers paid between $56,121 - $57,278....in that "Great Price range.
So, that's $113 above Invoice to $1,270 above Invoice. Not seeing any below Invoice buying going on in my Region.

Again, setting your sights on the "Market Avg." is NOT doing yourself any favors IF that's the figure you are striving for. On the contrary. You should look at the "Great Prices" in your area and make that lowest number your target to shoot for.
In my Region that's a $1,735 difference!!!! BIG DIFFERENCE in where you decide to start your negotiating.
You completely misinterpreted my statement. I never said TrueCar market average was invoice less incentives. On the contrary, TrueCar market average at least on the advance with Entertainment was actually right around invoice. What I said was based on experience negotiating with dealers for the best deal that the best deal I found across several states was invoice less incentives, possibly a little extra on the 19 AWD Advance with Entertainment. On a purchase with invoice at $57,638 and TrueCar market average of $57,460. There were about $500 in purchase incentives available and the best price I could find on a purchase was $57,000 which is basically a little better than invoice less incentives. I pushed for a "exceptional price" by shooting for $55k but on a purchase that wasn't happening. I did get a lease offer of $55,300, which is right around invoice less the lease incentive which was around around $2,500 or so. The thing to keep in mind is that TrueCar prices include both lease as well as purchases, and there is an extra $2k or more available on a lease vs a purchase.

So it doesn't hurt to aim for the lowest price on TrueCar, just bear in mind I'm almost 99% positive this will be a lease because of the extra incentives available. Not to say you couldn't get a purchase for that amount but not likely. Again this is specific to the AWD Advance with Entertainment, which is likely either the most rare or 2nd most rare model. Due to limited supply dealers don't have the incentive to lose a lot of money on these. A tech model is likely one of the most popular models so much more supply available and dealers are more likely to give a great price here due to the extra competition. This is supported by the fact the TrueCar market average price on this model is quite a bit below invoice, which isn't the case on the advance with Entertainment model
Old 11-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Bagel Bomber

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just leased a 2019 AWD w/tech for 46500. Picked it up at Pikes in the springs.
pilozm (11-06-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Leased a 2019 MDX SH-Awd w/ Tech and with added protection package for $47,339, which includes all the fees here in Southern California. There are lease incentives, so I was able to get the payment much less than the RDX I was originally looking at.
Just had the windows tinted

Window Tinting
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Actually I did not misinterpret your post. Look above...your writings...last paragraph, first 2 sentences. Average Market price "should be Invoice" Far from it...on the MDX Advance AWD, no Ent. It will vary between vehicles. There are more
incentives going on with Leases which is typical with Acura.....if you know them well...it's their "MO!" Rarely giving incentives on purchases.....but, almost always programs for Leases.

Always go to the "Great Prices" results when using True Car. In my dealer's region 7 people bought the MDX Advance, AWD, 6P (no Ent) for quite a bit less than the "Market Average." The numbers don't lie.
Now, those 7 did pay various amounts that were above Invoice...which tells me, in my region, to BUY this model, you'll be a rare buyer IF you can snag one for Invoice. Not going to happen at my dealer and we are good friends with the GM!!
He will, though, cut me deals, that I know are better than what most folks get. This MDX I will soon be buying...will be my 6th in 6 yrs from him. So, I get every break possible. 25% discounted accessories, discounted labor to install, cost on
3M Clear Bra, etc. I'm treated well.

Different areas of the country make a HUGE difference on how "loose" the purse strings are when buying a vehicle. A lonely dealer out in the boondocks with normally low sales #'s....will deal to move a vehicle....more easily than a
dealership that has buyers begging for inventory, since they sell so well. They can keep their prices higher since they KNOW they will sell all they can get. Etc, etc.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:01 PM
Racer

Actually I did not misinterpret your post. Look above...your writings...last paragraph, first 2 sentences. Average Market price "should be Invoice" Far from it...on the MDX Advance AWD, no Ent. It will vary between vehicles. There are more
incentives going on with Leases which is typical with Acura.....if you know them well...it's their "MO!" Rarely giving incentives on purchases.....but, almost always programs for Leases.

Always go to the "Great Prices" results when using True Car. In my dealer's region 7 people bought the MDX Advance, AWD, 6P (no Ent) for quite a bit less than the "Market Average." The numbers don't lie.
Now, those 7 did pay various amounts that were above Invoice...which tells me, in my region, to BUY this model, you'll be a rare buyer IF you can snag one for Invoice. Not going to happen at my dealer and we are good friends with the GM!!
He will, though, cut me deals, that I know are better than what most folks get. This MDX I will soon be buying...will be my 6th in 6 yrs from him. So, I get every break possible. 25% discounted accessories, discounted labor to install, cost on
3M Clear Bra, etc. I'm treated well.

Different areas of the country make a HUGE difference on how "loose" the purse strings are when buying a vehicle. A lonely dealer out in the boondocks with normally low sales #'s....will deal to move a vehicle....more easily than a
dealership that has buyers begging for inventory, since they sell so well. They can keep their prices higher since they KNOW they will sell all they can get. Etc, etc.
Didn't we already talk about this over private message? As I said I wasn't clear I guess reading my previous post but this site doesn't allow you to go back and edit after 5 mins so oh well.

No need for a semantic debate over the definition of market average. Each region and model will have different pricing, and TrueCar numbers include both "purchase" as well as "lease" transactions and dealers will give you a better deal on the "negotiated price" on a lease then they will on a purchase.

Obviously shoot for the lowest price possible, just don't be surprised if you don't get the cheapest price listed on TrueCar especially if you are "purchasing" the vehicle.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:05 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Didn't we already talk about this over private message? As I said I wasn't clear I guess reading my previous post but this site doesn't allow you to go back and edit after 5 mins so oh well.

No need for a semantic debate over the definition of market average. Each region and model will have different pricing, and TrueCar numbers include both "purchase" as well as "lease" transactions and dealers will give you a better deal on the "negotiated price" on a lease then they will on a purchase.

Obviously shoot for the lowest price possible, just don't be surprised if you don't get the cheapest price listed on TrueCar especially if you are "purchasing" the vehicle.
Nothing to do about semantics. You clearly said that the "Market Average" ......."should be Invoice minus any incentives." That's not a semantics issue. I had pointed out to you that "Market Average" was WAY away from Invoice.

And, yes, I also acknowledged that Leasing now....gives the buyer a better shot at a decent discount....WHY??.....LOL....pretty simple, because Acura normally always offers deals on leases and rarely anything IF you are buying.
See, that's pretty simple. KISS. Wow....this isn't rocket science!

The "Great Price" part of the True Car chart is MUCH closer to the actual Invoice and therefore that is where a buyer needs to start their negotiating....using those #'s and starting with the lowest one....obviously. The chart is matched to the
zip code you put in when signing in to True Car.

Now....we are all real clear. Again, keep it simple. That's all I was pointing out. Yes, you finally wanted to got back and change your statement about Market Average....but, couldn't. Just admit you were just OFF with tying to teach buyers
what that meant.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Racer

Why keep arguing just for the sake of arguing or trying to prove you are right because I misspoke?

Tell us what deal you end up getting for purchase or lease and how it relates to any of the TrueCar prices for that specific model. Until then....
Old 11-14-2018, 01:15 PM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am in the market for a 2019 Acura MDX. Went for a test drive, and I must say that the SHAWD drives way better than a RX350. I am interested in the AWD tech package
Here is what I have received from the dealer so far:
MSRP=52,500
Invoice= 48,500
OTD = 47,100

Without a single word of a bargain, the dealer is offering about 8K off (or 16%) the MSRP. It is mid NOV and they have 156 MDXs in stock.
I am wondering if I should wait for 15 days or even till the end of the year to make the purchase. If the dealership is offering this much now, whats the chance that I can get 2-3 K more off if I wait for a few more days?

Someone told me that auto sales are taking across the USA and the dealers are just starting to get anxious.

Any advise for me?
Thanks
Old 11-14-2018, 01:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Amitra123
I am in the market for a 2019 Acura MDX. Went for a test drive, and I must say that the SHAWD drives way better than a RX350. I am interested in the AWD tech package
Here is what I have received from the dealer so far:
MSRP=52,500
Invoice= 48,500
OTD = 47,100

Without a single word of a bargain, the dealer is offering about 8K off (or 16%) the MSRP. It is mid NOV and they have 156 MDXs in stock.
I am wondering if I should wait for 15 days or even till the end of the year to make the purchase. If the dealership is offering this much now, whats the chance that I can get 2-3 K more off if I wait for a few more days?

Someone told me that auto sales are taking across the USA and the dealers are just starting to get anxious.

Any advise for me?
Thanks
I would wait. I got the 2019 MDX SH-Awd with tech package and protection package for $47,350,including all fees, etc., I'm in SoCal, so it also depends on your market.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:41 PM
7th Gear

Latest from my dealer

Originally Posted by bottlerocket
I would wait. I got the 2019 MDX SH-Awd with tech package and protection package for $47,350,including all fees, etc., I'm in SoCal, so it also depends on your market.
‘latest quote from the dealer for sh-awd+tech is 43900 + 2700 tax and tags. It’s 46K out of the door. I told the guy to call me if I can get for 45K. So, I am waiting!
Old 11-21-2018, 11:45 AM
4th Gear

‘latest quote from the dealer for sh-awd+tech is 43900 + 2700 tax and tags. It’s 46K out of the door. I told the guy to call me if I can get for 45K. So, I am waiting!
What state and dealer is this? Can you please share?
Old 11-22-2018, 04:18 PM
7th Gear

It’s Radley Acura in Falls Church VA

I am waiting for tomorrow to see if I can get them drop the price by 1500 more.
the goal is to get OTD for 45K

Originally Posted by Mm1001
What state and dealer is this? Can you please share?
sigmdx (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018, 01:33 AM
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

Glad your not purchasing the RX, the driving dynamics is so boring. Even with the AWD & Fsport package the car feels more FWD bias. GL with the purchase
Old 11-23-2018, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

Did you get the OTD price to 45k?
Old 11-23-2018, 09:06 PM
10th Gear

Hi All - we got a quote today for 19 SHAWD Advanced in White.
MSRP - 59,045
PP - 54,595 before T-T-Reg & dealer fee of 585

We thought this was a pretty good deal seeing at it is below invoice $55,464.

They said they will give us the Protection Package, Front Window Tint and Rear pull shade for their cost.

Thoughts ?
Old 11-23-2018, 09:27 PM
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 86LXJunker
MSRP - 59,045

They said they will give us the Protection Package, Front Window Tint and Rear pull shade for their cost.

Thoughts ?
That's a solid price for a 19 Advance.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:12 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 86LXJunker
MSRP - 59,045

Thoughts ?
So my wife was able to get a little better price,

MSRP - $59,045
Purchase Price - $53,545

Basically $5,500 discount from sticker or 9.3% - so we pulled the trigger and put a down payment on it.

Plan on picking it up on Saturday !!

Old 11-24-2018, 08:32 PM
7th Gear

Got 46k otd

Hi
spent baout 9- min bargaining. Started with 47.k otd. Could only brought it doe-won by $500. Left the dealership once and they called me back.
For SH AWD+TECH, THE MSRP WAS 52295. THE SALE PRICE WAS 43750. ABOUT 17% off of MSRP.
THEY THREW IN interior leather treatment (I believe some water repellent treatment they do) and exterior ceramic coating for free and special,wheel nuts.
They offered 4 year 48k prepaid maintenance for 1.3k. I declined.

i bargained hard with 3 other northern VA dealers, but nobody could take the price below 46.5K.

Originally Posted by Mm1001
Did you get the OTD price to 45k?
Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 PM
4th Gear

Hi
spent baout 9- min bargaining. Started with 47.k otd. Could only brought it doe-won by $500. Left the dealership once and they called me back.
For SH AWD+TECH, THE MSRP WAS 52295. THE SALE PRICE WAS 43750. ABOUT 17% off of MSRP.
THEY THREW IN interior leather treatment (I believe some water repellent treatment they do) and exterior ceramic coating for free and special,wheel nuts.
They offered 4 year 48k prepaid maintenance for 1.3k. I declined.

i bargained hard with 3 other northern VA dealers, but nobody could take the price below 46.5K.

That’s still not bad. Did you have a specific manager or salesperson? You can PM me if you want. Thanks.

Quick Reply: MDX prices paid and deals