Notices

MDX Hybrid without the sunroof? Possible?

 
Old 02-27-2019, 01:02 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 48
Posts: 69
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MDX Hybrid without the sunroof? Possible?

Finally thinking about pulling the trigger....... You think it's possible to specify the car without the sunroof? Do they even make one without it?
mellonc is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:07 PM
  #2  
2016 Acura TLX
 
honda_nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Norcal
Age: 29
Posts: 679
Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Nope, all MDX's come standard with a sunroof. You cannot order one with it.
honda_nut is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 11:51 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 48
Posts: 69
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by honda_nut View Post
Nope, all MDX's come standard with a sunroof. You cannot order one with it.
too bad
mellonc is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 05:20 PM
  #4  
Coming to a city near you
 
Achance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New Castle, DE
Age: 42
Posts: 1,915
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Good luck even finding a hybrid. The 4 dealerships around me only have 1 tech model between them
Achance is offline  
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (03-02-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 06:23 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
andysinnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Merrimack, NH
Posts: 486
Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts
Our dealer in southern NH has 2 techs and 4 advances. FYI
andysinnh is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 01:31 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 48
Posts: 69
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was asking because I sat in the MDX the other day, finally willing to pull the trigger, but found my hair was touching the headliner in the back seat. Very disappointing. I'm not that tall (about 6' 2.5"). And I don't sit in the back. However, I carry 3 other fat and tall middle aged men golfing. Two of them are taller than me.
this is very peculiar cuz the older MDX's fit just fine. Did they take away room??? It sure is odd cuz the cars are actually heavier than before.
mellonc is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:07 PM
  #7  
Get Out Of The Left Lane!
 
NBP04TL4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SE Mass
Age: 52
Posts: 7,774
Received 922 Likes on 789 Posts
Do second row seats recline? And height standing up is different than height sitting. Torso vs. leg length will make a difference but still may not make a big enough difference or have any impact in your decision. $0.02
NBP04TL4ME is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:09 PM
  #8  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 33,425
Received 1,151 Likes on 777 Posts
Tell them to stop wearing women's heels.
gatrhumpy is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 05:42 PM
  #9  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 48
Posts: 69
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy View Post
Tell them to stop wearing women's heels.
They are sitting down. The 4 inch pumps won't impact the sitting height. But when you go over 200 lbs, your sitting height does get impacted as there is a bit more in your seat area taking up space on the chair. But really, they are not freakishly tall or anything. Normal people...... just really sweaty and dirty not wanting leave hair grease on the headliner after a full round of golf. i don't think it's too much to ask.
mellonc is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 09:40 AM
  #10  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 33,425
Received 1,151 Likes on 777 Posts
Ask them to wear hats?
gatrhumpy is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:13 PM
  #11  
4G TL-Elilte, 3G MDX
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Richmond,B.C.,Canada
Posts: 9,157
Received 661 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by mellonc View Post
They are sitting down. The 4 inch pumps won't impact the sitting height. But when you go over 200 lbs, your sitting height does get impacted as there is a bit more in your seat area taking up space on the chair. But really, they are not freakishly tall or anything. Normal people...... just really sweaty and dirty not wanting leave hair grease on the headliner after a full round of golf. i don't think it's too much to ask.
You probably need a bigger SUV. The hulking Cadillac Escalade ?
Edward'TLS is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:47 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
andysinnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Merrimack, NH
Posts: 486
Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS View Post
You probably need a bigger SUV. The hulking Cadillac Escalade ?
So my last trip to Denver, Avis messed up my rental car, and did an upgrade from my normal Equinox-esque corporate rental to a brand new Suburban. Aside from the considerable size difference in driving vs my MDX, the seating inside was awesome :-) I volunteered to drive coworkers that were at our meeting each evening to dinner, mostly to see how many we could get inside and still be comfortable. Let's just say the 3rd row folks were comfortable, and sounded like they were in a different time zone. :-) I actually was pretty impressed with the fit/finish and the way it drove - but parking that sucker was a challenge for sure. Was happy to get back to my "little" MDX when I got home.
andysinnh is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 05:03 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Age: 48
Posts: 69
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS View Post
You probably need a bigger SUV. The hulking Cadillac Escalade ?
i donít want to drive that big thing. I donít need to carry 7 people. Just 4 adults including me in complete comfort. I donít think itís too much to ask from a full sized SUV like an MDX.
mellonc is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:56 PM
  #14  
Registered Member
 
neoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 457
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Well, technically it is a midsized suv, not full. But yes, this third generation did indeed get a bit smaller than the prior generation other than exterior length. All interior dimensions are smaller than the 2nd generation.
neoshi is offline  
Old 03-21-2019, 08:39 AM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
moose66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 429
Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by andysinnh View Post
So my last trip to Denver, Avis messed up my rental car, and did an upgrade from my normal Equinox-esque corporate rental to a brand new Suburban. Aside from the considerable size difference in driving vs my MDX, the seating inside was awesome :-) I volunteered to drive coworkers that were at our meeting each evening to dinner, mostly to see how many we could get inside and still be comfortable. Let's just say the 3rd row folks were comfortable, and sounded like they were in a different time zone. :-) I actually was pretty impressed with the fit/finish and the way it drove - but parking that sucker was a challenge for sure. Was happy to get back to my "little" MDX when I got home.
If you thought the third row folks were in another time zone in the Suburban, you ought to hop in a newer Ford Expedition. Have had the Suburban and Expedition for rentals out west while in snow country. Not bad vehicles and both were very roomy for adults, even the third row. However, I agree, parking is a different story.
moose66 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Leoskeys
3G MDX Discussion (2014+)
16
03-22-2019 01:33 PM
JSakaBuck
Third Generation RLX (2013+)
19
08-16-2018 04:47 PM
neuronbob
Third Generation RLX (2013+)
21
04-04-2017 01:17 PM
gavriil
Automotive News
11
07-11-2005 06:05 AM
STL
First Generation TSX Discussion (2004-2008)
1
01-06-2004 06:04 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MDX Hybrid without the sunroof? Possible?


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.