Lane Keeping Assist System

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lane Keeping Assist System

2016 MDX SH-AWD Advance/Ent

Like many features on this car, LKAS only seems to work when it wants to. Most of the time it doesn't work. Is there anything I can do to make it more useful?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
LKAS works fine for me (2017 MDX Advance)
Road departure mitigation does not
Old 09-09-2017, 08:04 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by babyduke
2016 MDX SH-AWD Advance/Ent

Like many features on this car, LKAS only seems to work when it wants to. Most of the time it doesn't work. Is there anything I can do to make it more useful?
Buy another car...
I have the same problem as you.
Even when the lanes are solid in the dashboard, the LKAS functions 20% of the time at best.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't know, you could just pay attention the to the task of driving and maintain your lane like we've done for 120+ years. I find some of the nannies obnoxious and intrusive but I know my limitations as a driver so when things really go off the rails I'm willing to submit to a few of them, LKAS is a step back in terms of driver attentiveness.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by jbawden
I don't know, you could just pay attention the to the task of driving and maintain your lane like we've done for 120+ years. I find some of the nannies obnoxious and intrusive but I know my limitations as a driver so when things really go off the rails I'm willing to submit to a few of them, LKAS is a step back in terms of driver attentiveness.
I could say the same for blind spot indicators, auto sensing wipers or backup camera. The features are there and they should work properly.
It bothers me that a feature that is supposed to work on a $50K car doesnt work. No different than the poor FM reception I get 20-30 miles outside NYC when in other much cheaper cars like my daughters Elantra the stations sound perfectly OK. I am not a believer in satellite radio so I stream Pandora most of the time.
The backup camera at night is useless and the auto sensing wipers have a mind of their own.
Fortunately the car has many other things done right.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
On my 2017 Hybrid it works extremely well! It is smoother and more accurate then the one on my Audi. As long as the lines on the dash indicate solid it steers around corners, etc very well. After a short time it reminds you to grab hold of the wheel and drive! I would have the dealer look at it.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
It works perfectly on my 2017 SH-AWD Tech. Steers around curves with no issues, keeping in the middle of the lane. It only works at speeds above 45 MPH. And about every 15 seconds a message pops up that says "Steering Required". But, the slightest input to the steering wheel and it resumes steering.

Regards, Jim