AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G MDX (2014-2020) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/)
-   -   Incomplete dealer intro - need help from y’all (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-mdx-2014-2020-414/incomplete-dealer-intro-need-help-y%92all-979479/)

Boardmember 05-12-2019 08:58 AM

Incomplete dealer intro - need help from y’all

I bought a 2018 w Tech, 7400miles. On a Sunday. Super brief discussion - salesman paired my phone, that’s about it. I’m reading forums and learning many details. Thanks in advance.

i live in an established neighborhood within city limits. My NAV doesn’t recognize my area or home address. Is there a NAV update that the dealership should have done for me?

(aside: I’ve emailed some questions and receiving very limited responses about a couple of things, such as requesting a key for my wheel locks. I’m wondering if they’ve seen my survey that I did not perfunctorially fill out with all 10’s. Just speculating tho...)

ceb 05-12-2019 09:43 AM

Hard to say about the nav update because we don't know where you are. Some areas aren't well mapped. It also depends on which map revision you have. Go to Navigation updates to see if a new map is available. Enter your VIN and just back out of your cart before you buy. If a new map is available, then you can take it up with your dealer, but there still is no guarantee that your locations are mapped.

They certainly need to give you the keys for the locks. What dealer did you buy your car from?

Boardmember 05-12-2019 09:54 AM

Hate to flame because one day I’m gonna have to visit them again...but live in Mississippi and used our only state-based dealership (hint that might not show on a web search).

Every NAV I’ve had previously has recognized my neighborhood, etc. Will check my update.

But I have some other issues about my delivery of this “loaner/demo” MDX. A dealership experience not becoming of what I paid. Love your signature line advice BTW.

jzhu625 05-12-2019 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Boardmember (Post 16424979)
Hate to flame because one day I’m gonna have to visit them again...but live in Mississippi and used our only state-based dealership (hint that might not show on a web search).

Every NAV I’ve had previously has recognized my neighborhood, etc. Will check my update.

But I have some other issues about my delivery of this “loaner/demo” MDX. A dealership experience not becoming of what I paid. Love your signature line advice BTW.

please share story for others to learn

Boardmember 05-12-2019 12:41 PM

Jackson, MS dealer
90 miles, >90 minutes away from home

More than a month ago - Wife looking at new cars, went to Acura and Mercedes on a Saturday. I commute 150 miles 3/4 days per week and had traded my GMC Sierra SLT 4WD for a Honda Pilot. I fell in love with the MDX drive. Wife didn’t.

I had had communicated sporadically with the young sales guy that I liked. A couple weeks ago he mentioned the ‘18 w 7400 mi and it looked like we could end up agreeing on a price. Sunday morning, I’m in church and get a text asking if I wanted to visit dealership that day. AppRently they’re open a few Sunday’s a year. Wife was in New Orleans, I said yes.

i drove it, we haggled a very little bit (sure I paid more than I should have had I been willing to drive to NO or Mobile, AL) and it took them forever to get processed and by the time I was ready to go they said the detail guys had gone home. “Bring it back, we’ll detail it one day you’re up here.”

over the the next couple days, I took a closer look at the now-clean car. I’m pretty resourceful and am able to tend to some of this stuff myself but I found:

pretty bad bad curb rash on F driver wheel
scratches where someone rubbed against something F paddenger fender
scratches on rear bumper where loaner drivers weren’t careful loading cargo
wheel locks, no key
no “summary/how to begin” user documentation
stain on F passenger seat I still can’t remove
oatmeal (I hope not puke) spilled in rear passenger seat that had been cleaned only on the surface
I’ve called and left friendly messages requesting call back - not returned. (I’m a strong believer that we get better results from conflict when we’re nice)
i mailed them my spare Honda key (trade) and have discovered two new headsets that I’ve offered them in exchange for lug nut key or rear bumper appliqué

they forced the sale
now they couldn’t care less about their customer.

Maybe they have a reason. If so, I’d like to know what they’re thinking. Meanwhile, if wife decides she’d want one, it’s equidistant to Mobile or New Orleans.

NVAKeith 05-12-2019 01:25 PM

Assuming you’ve checked all interior cubbies for the wheel lock key, there is a storage pocket for it with the jack. Remove the bin in the underfloor trunk storage and the jack and supplies are stored in a molded styrofoam area. Our wheel lock key came with a black zippered pouch which further disguises it.

Boardmember 05-12-2019 08:44 PM

Well, well,well Thanks to NVAKeith.

As as simple as this might have been for the sales manager or sales associate to answer, you provided that. Hence the title of the thread. Thanks. Another example of poor after-sale support. Yes it was present as you indicated.

I will check the NAV settings advice sometime this week, ceb.

thanks y’all.

Meanwhile, the vehicle drives/performs as advertises. And gets better mpg than the Pilot.

bmoua15 05-13-2019 04:48 PM

Rough spot to be in OP, i hope you sort things out.

moose66 05-14-2019 06:31 AM

What does corporate Acura have to say? I would hope you have reached out to them to voice your concerns in some communication other than the less than stellar survey you provided. Sometimes a simple call or note to HQ will at least get your concerns in front of the right people, quicker and direct.

Brown13 05-16-2019 07:20 AM

Do You really want to input Your home address in Your NAV? If someone gets Your fob,they go to Your house ,open Your garage door,load Your stuff in Your car and drive off! JMO

ceb 05-16-2019 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Brown13 (Post 16426870)
Do You really want to input Your home address in Your NAV? If someone gets Your fob,they go to Your house ,open Your garage door,load Your stuff in Your car and drive off! JMO

Correct. You want to add a close landmark that is on the way to your house but may be many miles away. CIA headquarters is my "home address" in my nav.

ceb 05-16-2019 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Boardmember (Post 16425017)
Jackson, MS dealer
90 miles, >90 minutes away from home

More than a month ago - Wife looking at new cars, went to Acura and Mercedes on a Saturday. I commute 150 miles 3/4 days per week and had traded my GMC Sierra SLT 4WD for a Honda Pilot. I fell in love with the MDX drive. Wife didn’t.

I had had communicated sporadically with the young sales guy that I liked. A couple weeks ago he mentioned the ‘18 w 7400 mi and it looked like we could end up agreeing on a price. Sunday morning, I’m in church and get a text asking if I wanted to visit dealership that day. AppRently they’re open a few Sunday’s a year. Wife was in New Orleans, I said yes.

i drove it, we haggled a very little bit (sure I paid more than I should have had I been willing to drive to NO or Mobile, AL) and it took them forever to get processed and by the time I was ready to go they said the detail guys had gone home. “Bring it back, we’ll detail it one day you’re up here.”

over the the next couple days, I took a closer look at the now-clean car. I’m pretty resourceful and am able to tend to some of this stuff myself but I found:

pretty bad bad curb rash on F driver wheel
scratches where someone rubbed against something F paddenger fender
scratches on rear bumper where loaner drivers weren’t careful loading cargo
wheel locks, no key
no “summary/how to begin” user documentation
stain on F passenger seat I still can’t remove
oatmeal (I hope not puke) spilled in rear passenger seat that had been cleaned only on the surface
I’ve called and left friendly messages requesting call back - not returned. (I’m a strong believer that we get better results from conflict when we’re nice)
i mailed them my spare Honda key (trade) and have discovered two new headsets that I’ve offered them in exchange for lug nut key or rear bumper appliqué

they forced the sale
now they couldn’t care less about their customer.

Maybe they have a reason. If so, I’d like to know what they’re thinking. Meanwhile, if wife decides she’d want one, it’s equidistant to Mobile or New Orleans.

Did the dealer fix all of your issues? Or at least say that they would?

They only "forced the sale" because you allowed them to.

Boardmember 05-17-2019 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ceb (Post 16427022)
Did the dealer fix all of your issues? Or at least say that they would?

They only "forced the sale" because you allowed them to.

You are 100% correct ceb. That’s me, but I really do like the vehicle.

i guess I sum up my gripe by dismay at what some might regard as minor paint/wheel conditioning. Had it been clean and noted, I bet they would have agreed to buff and wax. They did offer to “detail” the next time I’m in town, but I’ve done that myself. My real frustration is that they are ignoring my calls. I called 3x today, left message once. Nothing. Horrible after the sale service.

I plan to send the sales Mgr and the salesman an email that I will copy Acura owner relations - concisely stating my disappointment in their commitment to customers and my intention to be satisfied if they will buff/wax the exterior. We’ll see.

Boardmember 06-07-2019 10:55 PM

Follow up: I emailed Acura Customer Service, got a case number. Included that number in an email I sent to the dealership service Mgr. He called. Very nice, professional. Indicated he was committed to ensuring my satisfaction. Appointment Monday, I will be in town overnight for business, pick it up Tuesday.

DJ Iceman 06-11-2019 06:15 PM

For those of you who do not put your home address into your nav system, what do you do about the home address clearly printed on your registration in the glove compartment?

thoiboi 06-11-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Iceman (Post 16438437)
For those of you who do not put your home address into your nav system, what do you do about the home address clearly printed on your registration in the glove compartment?

:werd:

That's why I don't register my cars :O