Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Ids

2017 Sport Hybrid
Experimented with Sport Mode
Selected Sport Sport not Sport Sport+
Car was shifting on its own, then I used paddles to downshift to 3 and acclerated to 6K rpm
let off accelerator and car slowed to 5500 rpm, but did not downshift
kept gear 3 until I used paddle to shift to 4
If you engage paddles, does it stay in manual shift mode?
How can you change that mode?
Seems like if should have shifted on it own after I let off acceleration at 6000 rpm
Old 07-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
You say "Sport Sport", I think you mean you selected "S" via the D/S button, correct?
That mode is called "Sequential" and is independent of the IDS modes.

If you select Sequential, and then change gears via a paddle pull, then YES you have entered into full manual mode. The car is supposed to not shift without your command until D is selected, or the vehicle is turned off.
A paddle pull (up or down) in D does not engage full manual mode, and the vehicle will shift upon its own when a consistent speed/RPM is obtained.
The following users liked this post:
getakey (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
This is how it works on my 2016 9ZF, so I wonder if your 7DCT works the same:

If your IDS is in SPORT, but you are in D and shifted with the paddles, they are supposed to return to automatic shifting mode if you do not touch it for about 30 seconds or so.

If your IDS is in SPORT, but you are in S and shifted with the paddles, you will stay in that gear unless you shift again OR the transmission determines you are slowing down quickly and should be in a lower gear or you are hitting red line (will shift up).

In sequential mode (or any mode for that matter if you press the accelerator hard enough), it will shift up for you when you get to red line.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Thanks guys