graystone interior ....thoughts ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:20 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
graystone interior ....thoughts ?

posted this in the TL page and got a couple responses but wanted some more feedback - what do u guys think of the graystone interior?? im coming from ebony which i really liked. ive never had a light interior color. only ebony or really dark gray cloth interiors. cant decide if i want to risk trying something new and possibly hating it or sticking to ebony. exterior will be silver moon or graphite
Old 08-14-2016, 09:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by robster80
posted this in the TL page and got a couple responses but wanted some more feedback - what do u guys think of the graystone interior?? im coming from ebony which i really liked. ive never had a light interior color. only ebony or really dark gray cloth interiors. cant decide if i want to risk trying something new and possibly hating it or sticking to ebony. exterior will be silver moon or graphite
I love it. I usually HATE grey interiors because of my experience with old GM interiors and their plasticky grey leather. But the color Acura uses is awesome. It has an almost silkiness or creamyness to it. It isn't cold and has an air of cheeriness to it. That is the long way of saying I love it.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
I have a TLX with greystone interior and I LOVE it!!!

My first choice was the espresso brown interior but then I wanted the slate silver metallic colour too, so I had to go with greystone. I must say that I really, really like it! It's bright and airy, and much more interesting than ebony interior (which I had before). It also is surprisingly easy to maintain and does not show up dirt as easy as I had thought. I like it as much as I like the espresso interior now! Would I get it again? Absolutely!!!

Now go and treat yourself with the greystone interior!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:06 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I have an 06 TSX with Carbon Gray Pearl exterior and Quartz (Greystone) interior and it is an beautiful combo together. The wife has the eye for colors/contrasts and she wanted this combo. I was set on getting the same exterior with ebony interior, so glad she had the final word since it was going to be her car. What I like about the color is the contrast between the ebony dash/upper doors arm rests, brush aluminum trim and quartz (greystone) headliner that blends everything together to give the interior an upscale and airy look. I added black all weather mats and that also added to the look. The ebony can sometimes be too much of a good thing and there isn't much difference in the interior look on the different surfaces at a glance (all blends together with ebony trim). Everything has held up very well after +10 years and I think it still looks very good and hasn't outdated itself.

I wish Acura would offer the Greystone with other exterior combos.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ostrich
I have a TLX with greystone interior and I LOVE it!!!

My first choice was the espresso brown interior but then I wanted the slate silver metallic colour too, so I had to go with greystone. I must say that I really, really like it! It's bright and airy, and much more interesting than ebony interior (which I had before). It also is surprisingly easy to maintain and does not show up dirt as easy as I had thought. I like it as much as I like the espresso interior now! Would I get it again? Absolutely!!!

Now go and treat yourself with the greystone interior!
is the greystone "bright" in a sense that it bothers yours eyes on sunny days ?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:50 PM
TMQ
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agree, the grey in the blue is very nice. I've always had black interior and this is a very welcome change. I don't like the commonly used creamy interior.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:51 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the graystone and it felt like the color of chairs in a medical unit. Just too bland for me, personally.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by slobdogg
I saw the graystone and it felt like the color of chairs in a medical unit. Just too bland for me, personally.
yea I ended up sitting in one recently. A TLX. Did not like at all. Felt weird sitting in it honestly. I think the Taupe color they've used in the past looks better than graystone but it's likely ebony from here on out for me
Old 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM
TL-S

Received 412 Likes on 365 Posts
Not a fan at all of gray interiors.

Or beige for that matter.

Ebony for me, if not something exotic like red or peanut butter.

The reason for me is because with my experience, they tend to not hold up as well as darker interiors. Its easier to see stains and cracks in lighter colors after some wear and use. Black always stays looking fresh
Old 09-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by quanaman
Not a fan at all of gray interiors.
Or beige for that matter.
Ebony for me, if not something exotic like red or peanut butter.
The reason for me is because with my experience, they tend to not hold up as well as darker interiors. Its easier to see stains and cracks in lighter colors after some wear and use. Black always stays looking fresh
We went with the sort of olive color interior on our FMM MDX and it looks great even after 3 years. I love how the gray looks but agree it would not age well. I had taupe on my TL Type S and it looked terrible after 4 or 5 years.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Careful, those lighter interior colors have a tendency for the blue ink from your jeans to rub off on them when getting in/out. Need constant cleaning to remove the dye... the black leather is a non-issue in this regard.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I absolutely LOVE my blue with gray interior. I think it's stunning.

I had gray on my TSX then black on my RDX. I found the black just too dark and blah. I despise beige interiors.