Difference between

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 07:25 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
Difference between

My 2018 MDX went into the shop today for the third time for some electrical gremlins. Got a 2019 RDX A spec as a loaner.
Im not impressed in the least. The car is fast, much quicker than our MDX. Sitting at a stop light the car clunks when you pull away. The seats are much tighter. Trying to get to our favorite Sirius station took me about 5 minutes in the garage to get where I could access the station. The dash display is so jumbled up its difficult to recognize anyting. The silly display aitting on top of the dash is just plane dumb. Cup jolders inside the consol! Really?? The split consol looks kind of different, but practically is just a giant dust collector.
I guess bottom line its not my cup of tea.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 80 Posts
It's not a good sign for Acura sales that they are using what should be an in-demand vehicle like a brand new A-Spec RDX as a service loaner...
Old 06-25-2019, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Sales for the RDX are strong so that is all the sign they need. My dealer always provides me a TLX loaner when I bring my TL in for service. They want to give existing customers a taste of their latest models in hopes we will want to trade in.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:37 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I've had a few 19 RDX loaners in fwd/tech to sh-awd/Adv. Acura is moving in the the direction I like towards sporty looks/handling, improved info-tainment, and interior design. I would love to have the driver seat with adjustable headrest in the 19 RDX Adv in my 19 MDX sh-sh-awd along with the updated M.I.D. gauge cluster, HUD, and pano-sunroof. I call it even with Apple CarPlay with both my MDX dual screen and 19 RDX single screen since you have to use a knob or touch-pad in either car. I held on my my 11 MDX Adv/Ent and 08 RDX tech (eibach lowering springs, Hondata, ETS intercooler) longer because I didn't like the previous 2nd gen RDX or the 14-16 MDXs.

I'm going to wait until the 3rd Gen RDX MMC before deciding to get one. Might see a Type-S version or aftermarket support by them and we might have an ECU reflash for +50 hp/tq available.