Couldn't be more please with my AWD Tech!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 10:40 PM
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Couldn't be more please with my AWD Tech!!

Hey there all, I felt the need to post after seeing a bunch of posts that look very insane to me. First, I have to say that the new 2014 MDX tech is by far the best MDX ever created and I am completely in love with this car. Acura has made a huge fan of me and I will be considering some of their other models due to the job they did with this car.

Here are my top 5 favorite things about the 2014 MDX

1) Ride - smoothest riding SUV that I have ever driven (read edmunds review for how it beats the comp, also check out US news it is rated #1 in 3 categories). The engine purrs like a kitten and roars when you want it to, leaving other SUVs in the dust.
2) Comfort - the seats are extremely comfortable, don't worry about trim levels, base and tech have excellent quality leather (don't get thrown off my the crazies on these boards!), this car is so comfortable, you better drink your coffee because you might doze off if you are tired and just driving on a clear highway.
3) Handling, the more sleek design actually makes this car easier to handle and take turns than the 2013 model
4) Fuel economy - just amazing for a high performing SUV
5) Sound system - the 10 speaker ELS system is just perfect.

This is definitely the best luxury SUV on the market, don't take my word for it, just read the professional reviews.

that's all!
The following 3 users liked this post by prima77:
hadokenuh (09-23-2013), jjtags (10-18-2013), OhioMDXer (09-23-2013)
Old 09-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While love everything about my 14 mdx, I must say the ride, is simply fantastic.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by prima77
Hey there all, I felt the need to post after seeing a bunch of posts that look very insane to me. First, I have to say that the new 2014 MDX tech is by far the best MDX ever created and I am completely in love with this car. Acura has made a huge fan of me and I will be considering some of their other models due to the job they did with this car.

Here are my top 5 favorite things about the 2014 MDX

1) Ride - smoothest riding SUV that I have ever driven (read edmunds review for how it beats the comp, also check out US news it is rated #1 in 3 categories). The engine purrs like a kitten and roars when you want it to, leaving other SUVs in the dust.
2) Comfort - the seats are extremely comfortable, don't worry about trim levels, base and tech have excellent quality leather (don't get thrown off my the crazies on these boards!), this car is so comfortable, you better drink your coffee because you might doze off if you are tired and just driving on a clear highway.
3) Handling, the more sleek design actually makes this car easier to handle and take turns than the 2013 model
4) Fuel economy - just amazing for a high performing SUV
5) Sound system - the 10 speaker ELS system is just perfect.

This is definitely the best luxury SUV on the market, don't take my word for it, just read the professional reviews.

that's all!
Funny how differing opinions other than your own automatically labels one as "crazy." The handling is great, and I can't argue that. Fuel economy is excellent as well. Again, I never said anything negative about the drivetrain/handling and fuel economy. The ride is also superb. But that's where everything stops after that. But to each his own. I'm extremely happy to be rid of this car. I've come across others on facebook with similar problems and a couple whom have already gotten rid of theirs.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegas_TL04
Funny how differing opinions other than your own automatically labels one as "crazy." The handling is great, and I can't argue that. Fuel economy is excellent as well. Again, I never said anything negative about the drivetrain/handling and fuel economy. The ride is also superb. But that's where everything stops after that. But to each his own. I'm extremely happy to be rid of this car. I've come across others on facebook with similar problems and a couple whom have already gotten rid of theirs.
I just call it like it is. My guess is that you complain about just about everything. Perhaps you might feel better if you invest some of your money instead of wasting it on a new car every year. Go buy some land and develop it or something, that can be fun...and then you can drive your new MDX over the dirt roads! ha
Old 09-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by prima77
I just call it like it is. My guess is that you complain about just about everything. Perhaps you might feel better if you invest some of your money instead of wasting it on a new car every year. Go buy some land and develop it or something, that can be fun...and then you can drive your new MDX over the dirt roads! ha
Don't you worry, I already have plenty of land investments.
Your guess would be incorrect, as I have stated multiple times the powertrain, fuel efficiency, ride, and IDS system are superb. Sounds like you might need a course in training regarding perception and your interpretation of it. Ha!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
Just wish that Acura had retained the driver-selectable "active damping suspension system" as used on the 2G MDX, for the new 3G MDX.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything, but I do feel the navi should have a better resolution screen.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Just wish that Acura had retained the driver-selectable "active damping suspension system" as used on the 2G MDX, for the new 3G MDX.
You know, I thought I would miss the active damping Advance suspension from the 2G. But, the IDS system is really good. It changes the steering feedback and throttle response very noticeably. I will say the 2G's old hydraulic steering was more sharp and responsive, but you can't have everything, right? I will compliment Acura on their execution of the IDS system and providing it for all models of the MDX.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion and no one should be judged for having one. especially if they had a bad experience. Some business classes that I took mentioned that the psychology is that if someone is happy with a transaction they tell a few people for a short time but if they are dissatisfied they tell lots of people for a long period of time. Anyway, It hurts when a transaction goes bad but it also hurts if someone who has a good experience hears someone talking bad about something they worked hard to get and enjoy. When it comes to vehicles (cars,boats,airplanes) people, mostly men seem to have almost like a love affair with them. So hearing someone badmouth your car is like hearing someone badmouth your spouse.

2014Acura MDX Advanced\Entertainment Pkg.
WhiteDiamond Pearl\Eucalyptus
FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
By the way, I love my 2014 Acura MDX and would recommend it to anyone.

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, try using the voice command to turn on the heated heats
Old 10-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by AdvanceMDX
By the way, I love my 2014 Acura MDX and would recommend it to anyone.

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Why no "rear bumper applique"?
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnhyre
Yea, try using the voice command to turn on the heated heats
I have the elite in Canada and love it. It has been 3 months now and I am enjoying it so far. So far, I think it is the best around in terms of value for money. Voice command seem like a big deal to some people. To others like me, it is a useless feature that if I had the option, I will not ask for it. Have had vouce command in my murano anf have never used it in the past 5 years. I usually have my climate control on auto and it works great with turning on and off the heated seats when needed.