Couldn't be MORE displeased with the new 14 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^^
Excellent assessment. I agree 90%. Then there's my sister. She went from a 2011 RX450h to the 2012 MDX Tech. She did NOT like the 2012 MDX..she missed the Lexus. Before the problems she started having on her 14 MDX, she liked it MUCH better than the 12 MDX. I think it has to do with the average car consumer vs. enthusiasts like us. But I do agree that previous 2G MDX owners that were of the enthusiast category do not like the 3G MDX because of previously mentioned items.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
I guess the 2014 MDX wins the heart of new MDX buyers (me included), but loses the heart of old-MDX owners who want to trade up to the new SUV.
You are spot on!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably some of the old mdx owners. It always happens new designs come out.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps I'm the exception, but I have owned a 2010, 2007, and 2010 MDX and am quite pleased with my 2014. While I miss the DVD-A capability a great deal, I like so many other things about this vehicle--keyless entry and start, auto wipers, auto seat ventilation setings, acuralink, flat cargo compartment when second-row seats are dropped, parking sensors, improved mileage, quieter cabin, improved screen resolution, improved Pandora compatibility--that I am quite happy with the 2014. I fully hope that Acura has added surround-view camera and a full heads-up display by the time I buy my next MDX.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:40 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

I too have missed the DVD-A capability. It really sounds great.

But publishing houses are no longer releasing DVD-A titles.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by blackman
It always happens new designs come out.
You are correct, if the new design does not better the old design then the designers deserve to receive abuse. It is no excuse to just improve 3 or 4 items but to screw up some of the features that are working fine.
The following users liked this post:
Vegas_TL04 (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegas_TL04
I am a longtime and 10+ new Acura owner. I recently traded in my MY12 MDX Advance in for the 14 MDX SH-AWD Tech. I have owned 3 2G Mdx's (2011, 2011, 2012) I absolutely HATE it! Here's why:

-Seats are totally uncomfortable. The leather feels like freaking sandpaper. Not enough cushioning or lateral support for legs. I would have gotten the SH-AWD Advance, but they are nearly impossible to get AND I don't want an antiquated TV screen in the back and to spend $58K for an MDX.
-Steering wheel does not tilt down nearly as far as 12 MDX.
-Ergonomics are terrible. When you do find a position that you can live with, you are so far from the touchscreen, dial, and steering wheel it makes operation of anything difficult
-The wheels do not fit the look of the MDX. They are too narrow and the choices are not pleasing aesthetically (I know this is subjective)
-Quality: the leather stitching was so bad on mine they had to replace the "leather" seat covers. The seams were so poor they were raised up in places throughout the vehicle. Panels don't line up properly. Rattles all over the place.
-Sound System: does not have nearly the bass and power as the 12 MDX Advance.
-Touchscreen - don't even get me started. You have to press 2-3 times to turn a heated seat on?
-Problems: Constantly get acuralink messages that the FCW system doesn't work, the VSA & ABS doesn't work, and dealer hasn't been able to fix even with the latest firmware update
-Looks: Front and rear styling is sharp - from the side, it looks like a lifted wagon and NOT an SUV

I could go on but I'm sure I'll get flamed. Absolutely ridiculous that a $50K+ car doesn't even have power folding side mirrors. My latest problem today the car simply refuses to play my iPOD. Changed the cable, rebooted the ipod, checked the ipod. Nothing. Just states "Unsupported".

I am absolutely fed up with this car and have informed the dealer already. Actively searching for a replacement, be it a new 2013 MDX Tech or Advanced or SQ5, Q5, or ML. It's really sad as I have owned Acura products forever. Completely over Acura. They mom-ified this MDX and then executed it poorly.

Flame over.
Looks like you bought a car without even sitting in it or you're trolling.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RL06tech
Looks like you bought a car without even sitting in it or you're trolling.
Yeah, I'm really trolling. Your ridiculous post and suggestion would be plenty of evidence to justify your "trolling" of my thread.
RL06tech (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Pro

YOu just found out that your car cant fit your anatomy after delivery? You never sat in it or drove it? HOw many more adjustments over 10 does it take? I had an MDX sport, there isnt a single part of the new model that I would rate as worse than the previous model. I even like the much maligned touch screen better than the previous 41 buttons. The car rides better is faster, quieter, and handles just as good if not better than the previous sport model. Furthermore it has significantly more space behind the third row plus now the third row has adjustable foot space. Unless your particular car came with half of the goodies broken a 2013 would never be a better car. Ive driven planty of RX 350's my goodness they are not even on the same planet. The RX 350 is a bling loaded suck bucket in comparison.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Racer

^^^ I would encourage you to read the ENTIRE thread. I've given the 14 MDX praise where I felt it was due. The powertrain/handling/ride is an improvement. The LED headlights are an improvement. The one-touch turn signal indicator is an improvement. The rain-sensing wipers are an improvement. That's where everything else stops. We had an 11 RX450h in our family and I NEVER liked it. Built inside for the likes of a small asian woman, and I rarely ever drove it, and only on short trips. The RX also strikes me as a "chick car." Of course this is subjective and my opinion.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Any word on the reimbursement from Acura?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by CL9 Jon
Keep dreaming.... No manufacturer will take back a car unless its under a lemon law process. One of my partners bought one of the early 10 cylinder Tourage (against my advice) and within mths he wanted to get rid of it because of all the electrical gremlins (the straw that broke the camels back was when his moonroof opened itself in a snowstorm and refused to close). He had to use it for trade on another car and lost 15K in the deal.

Squeaks that come and go and not finding a comfortable seating position are not going to fly in any lemon proceeding.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Racer

Keep dreaming.... No manufacturer will take back a car unless its under a lemon law process. One of my partners bought one of the early 10 cylinder Tourage (against my advice) and within mths he wanted to get rid of it because of all the electrical gremlins (the straw that broke the camels back was when his moonroof opened itself in a snowstorm and refused to close). He had to use it for trade on another car and lost 15K in the deal.

Squeaks that come and go and not finding a comfortable seating position are not going to fly in any lemon proceeding.
I'm curious if you ever bother to read anything before you "chime in?" Or is it that you are unable to comprehend what you "read?" AGAIN, if you had actually read through, the 14 MDX was plagued with problems.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CL9 Jon
Still working on it. I also owe them some pictures, videos, etc. Have been swamped and haven't gotten to it yet. Plan to put it together and send this weekend.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Pro

Still working on it. I also owe them some pictures, videos, etc. Have been swamped and haven't gotten to it yet. Plan to put it together and send this weekend.
Yep let us know when Honda swaps your entire car for your laundry list of "problems". Having been around the block for a while I have yet to see a car lemon lawed for unsightly stitching and the seat gives me a backache. The warning lights, particularly if they affect vehicle function, is another story. If they light up but the cars runs and functions fine doesnt make the cut either. Honda corporate nor any other manufacturer tend to be a charitable organizations. Case in point, the transmissions in second generation odysseys which for a long time they knew were defective. No one got new cars for that and at the time it was estimated that from 10-20% of those vehicles suffered early transmission failure. At best, if you have a nice dealer, he will attempt to remedy the problems that crop up with your vehicle, under warranty, of course.
BTW if I had had issues with fit finish or anything else upon delivery I simply wouldnt have accepted the car to begin with, the car is not yours till you sign the dotted line.

Last edited by RL06tech; 10-24-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
2014 MDX, 2011 Audi B8 S4

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting...I took delivery back in June (now 6,700 problem free miles) with a 505 build. I have had ZERO ISSUES with my 2014 MDX / SH AWD / Tech / ENT. NONE - NADA ...I am 6'3 200 lbs and fits me like a glove. Sorry to hear your frustration about the 3G MDX. This is my third Acura and again excellent product!

Last edited by GbosilTLS07; 10-29-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GbosilTLS07
Interesting...I took delivery back in June (now 6,700 problem free miles) with a 505 build. I have had ZERO ISSUES with my 2014 MDX / SH AWD / Tech / ENT. NONE - NADA ...I am 6'3 200 lbs and fits me like a glove. Sorry to hear your frustration about the 3G MDX. This is my third Acura and again excellent product!
Thank you for posting something positive. It is normal for people with issues to make the most postings but it is rare to see a positive that can put it in perspective.

I have been actively viewing this forum and an alternate forum for years and if a prospective buyer was doing some research on a 2014 MDX and reading these forums then they would have to be completely mad to buy one.
My opinion of the 2014 is that it is a compromised design that changed a few topical items I.E. MPG but screwed up at least 90% in the execution. The complaints are endless: Nav, screens, stereo, fog lights, exhaust, rattles, software etc etc.

This thing needs more than an MMC. It will be a long time or maybe never until the 3G is a more refined product than the MMC 2G. I will not be looking at MDX's again until a 4G.

Vegas_TL04 may have dropped some coin but he won in the end.
Vegas_TL04 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by db22
Thank you for posting something positive. It is normal for people with issues to make the most postings but it is rare to see a positive that can put it in perspective.

I have been actively viewing this forum and an alternate forum for years and if a prospective buyer was doing some research on a 2014 MDX and reading these forums then they would have to be completely mad to buy one.
My opinion of the 2014 is that it is a compromised design that changed a few topical items I.E. MPG but screwed up at least 90% in the execution. The complaints are endless: Nav, screens, stereo, fog lights, exhaust, rattles, software etc etc.

This thing needs more than an MMC. It will be a long time or maybe never until the 3G is a more refined product than the MMC 2G. I will not be looking at MDX's again until a 4G.

Vegas_TL04 may have dropped some coin but he won in the end.
Well you will miss on the best car acura has ever made.

Complaints are endless? Thats ridiculous, complaints have been endless in this post at best. Few MDX's have left the dealer to begin with, this fella is complaining about seam and gaps in the front doors (did you see the pics?) and other associated ninnies that make me think he's running short on his OCD medication or he's just trolling. I have yet to find any car at any price from any manufacturer that doesnt have a rattle under some condition or another. An electrical gremlin or 2 a car with this amount of tech at this stage of production are almost a given. As long as it doesnt affect the cars function they are usally an annoyance that will get easily fixed by the dealer when they find the offending bugaboo. I understand someone not liking the screen interface its definitely not everybody's piece of cake, however, ranting maniacally about it is silly since 99% of the funtions that are in there are seldom used to begin with and mostly associated with the radio, by simply stating that is has bad radio controls it would suffice, unless youare DJing while driving I dont see how this significant in relation to the other 99% of the car.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

^^ If you are happy with mediocrity then enjoy but the endless complaints are for a reason. As you implied, the car is software intensive but that doesn't mean that the software has to be poor and don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. If your IPad had this user interface then Apple would be out of business.
There is no reason that Acura let the car go to sale with this many issues. I do not care that it is a new factory, new workers, new design etc and to state that it's almost a given is amazing.
When I pay money for something I do not expect it to be "almost adequate". I expect that automobile designers and builders to be better at it than myself but this is a clear example of failure.
If you think that people troll these sites and do nothing but complain then read other forums. I cannot think of another new high end vehicle getting this much abuse.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Pro

^^ If you are happy with mediocrity then enjoy but the endless complaints are for a reason. As you implied, the car is software intensive but that doesn't mean that the software has to be poor and don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. If your IPad had this user interface then Apple would be out of business.
There is no reason that Acura let the car go to sale with this many issues. I do not care that it is a new factory, new workers, new design etc and to state that it's almost a given is amazing.
When I pay money for something I do not expect it to be "almost adequate". I expect that automobile designers and builders to be better at it than myself but this is a clear example of failure.
If you think that people troll these sites and do nothing but complain then read other forums. I cannot think of another new high end vehicle getting this much abuse.
I just think is silly to make up your mind that a car is is faulty based on the rantings a single driver's expirience. Particularly when dozens of reviewers including consumer reports are gushing about it. The fact that someone screams the loudest hardly ever makes him right.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

I just think is silly to make up your mind that a car is is faulty based on the rantings a single driver's expirience. Particularly when dozens of reviewers including consumer reports are gushing about it. The fact that someone screams the loudest hardly ever makes him right.
My comments are in response to numerous people on this and other forums regarding this car. There is a common thread of issues with respect to its build quality, stereo performance, rear camera resolution, screen resolution, cannot see the screen with polarized sunglasses, confusion in the dual screen operation, slowness of response to input, Nav. not useable while driving, engine noises at idle and at certain resonances, BT phone linking does not follow the driver 1 or 2 ID, no media recording from USB I/P, etc..
It then can go on to Acura charging for things that should be standard, fog lights, mud flaps etc or the fact that Canada gets options that people in the USA want but cannot get.
Eventually you have to start wondering about this car.
Vegas_TL04 (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
If an acura has sand paper on the seats why did you buy it? Try getting the advanced model next time and deal with the entertainment system. Just saying I would check the car out before I buy it.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Vividsi
If an acura has sand paper on the seats why did you buy it? Try getting the advanced model next time and deal with the entertainment system. Just saying I would check the car out before I buy it.
My point exactly. It ludicrous to complain about ergonomics, style and foibles of that nature AFTER you buy a car, it like buying a car on the internet you have never seen even less driven.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GbosilTLS07
I'm sincerely happy to hear you have had no issues! I hope it continues. Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, my 2013 is my 13th (and last) Acura until they get back to their roots, provide a better/improved product with superior quality over the 2G MDX, or again find their niche.

Last edited by Vegas_TL04; 10-30-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Racer

Well you will miss on the best car acura has ever made.

Complaints are endless? Thats ridiculous, complaints have been endless in this post at best. Few MDX's have left the dealer to begin with, this fella is complaining about seam and gaps in the front doors (did you see the pics?) and other associated ninnies that make me think he's running short on his OCD medication or he's just trolling. I have yet to find any car at any price from any manufacturer that doesnt have a rattle under some condition or another. An electrical gremlin or 2 a car with this amount of tech at this stage of production are almost a given. As long as it doesnt affect the cars function they are usally an annoyance that will get easily fixed by the dealer when they find the offending bugaboo. I understand someone not liking the screen interface its definitely not everybody's piece of cake, however, ranting maniacally about it is silly since 99% of the funtions that are in there are seldom used to begin with and mostly associated with the radio, by simply stating that is has bad radio controls it would suffice, unless youare DJing while driving I dont see how this significant in relation to the other 99% of the car.
I absolutely LOVE how you continually hijack my threads, never add anything to a conversation, except for criticizing others. I am also amazed at how I'm "trolling" and just making this stuff up. Yet I provide photographic and video evidence to back up all my claims. I feel like I'm debating a flaming liberal, and all I'm waiting to hear is the famous line when one is backed into a corner ".....yeah..but..ummm...oh yeah...because of George Bush!" Get a clue!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Vividsi
Read the whole thread. It's already been covered.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Racer

My comments are in response to numerous people on this and other forums regarding this car. There is a common thread of issues with respect to its build quality, stereo performance, rear camera resolution, screen resolution, cannot see the screen with polarized sunglasses, confusion in the dual screen operation, slowness of response to input, Nav. not useable while driving, engine noises at idle and at certain resonances, BT phone linking does not follow the driver 1 or 2 ID, no media recording from USB I/P, etc..
It then can go on to Acura charging for things that should be standard, fog lights, mud flaps etc or the fact that Canada gets options that people in the USA want but cannot get.
Eventually you have to start wondering about this car.
Don't forget failing alternators on advanced models, remote start not working properly, horribly ratting/vibrating windows, ABS, VSA, & FCW failing. The "best" part of the FCW is that it WILL NOT work in hot climates in the summer due to internal heat building up in the car. There's also the freezing/locking up screens, no power folding mirrors (20k cars have this), rattling spare tire mounts, lack of availability of all models/colors, and the list goes on...
Old 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Pro

I absolutely LOVE how you continually hijack my threads, never add anything to a conversation, except for criticizing others. I am also amazed at how I'm "trolling" and just making this stuff up. Yet I provide photographic and video evidence to back up all my claims. I feel like I'm debating a flaming liberal, and all I'm waiting to hear is the famous line when one is backed into a corner ".....yeah..but..ummm...oh yeah...because of George Bush!" Get a clue!
BTW 1/4 inch gap on the doors is not a gap its OEM spec if it were any closer you couldnt close or open the doors. If the misalignment in your bumper needs a micrometer to measure and its 2 mm or less its also in specs. Im not highjacking its just that your thread is whinny and a litany of perceived rather than actual problems (aside from the recurrent error/warning messages). If I were your dealer I would be suicidal when I saw you walking in the door!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Racer

BTW 1/4 inch gap on the doors is not a gap its OEM spec if it were any closer you couldnt close or open the doors. If the misalignment in your bumper needs a micrometer to measure and its 2 mm or less its also in specs. Im not highjacking its just that your thread is whinny and a litany of perceived rather than actual problems (aside from the recurrent error/warning messages). If I were your dealer I would be suicidal when I saw you walking in the door!
Well, that's the difference between you, me, and others. My dealership was EMBARRASSED and angry with Acura. Rather than point the finger at me, they stepped up and made things right, how it should be. They are not getting much support to fix these "litanies" of problems (that other clients at the dealership are experiencing) from the mothership, Acura. Again, you can criticize me, be an Acura fanboy, be suicidal, whatever your issues are, but the proof is in the pudding. Isn't it possible; just possible, that MAYBE your beloved (absolutely perfect, trouble-free) MDX could be an opposite experience for others? Talk about maniacal - I'll bet you are one of those people who are NEVER wrong. Once you DO have an actual problem with your MDX, you would never post it here. I can't say enough good about my 13 MDX replacement from my 14 MDX. The experience is night and day better than the 6 weeks I had to deal with the 14 MDX. I'll vote with my wallet on my next purchase, which will more than likely be Audi until Acura gets their act together.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Racer

Don't forget reviewers (admittedly so) advised they only had a "short-time" to experience the cars in Oregon during the press event. If I remember correctly, each got less than 30 minutes. This is what I got also and was pleased with it during my short test drive of a Base FWD. When the Tech AWD was delivered and I spent more than 30 minutes with it, THAT's when the problems surfaced. I'll be VERY eager to read some long term reports and actual thorough and full reviews. I have also read articles; there were at least 2, but I only remember USA Today as one, complaining about the poor electronics, etc. Consumer reports can gush all they want, but anyone who knows anything about cars knows to stay away from what Consumer Reports recommends and doesn't recommend when it comes to cars. Their criteria is weak and biased.

Last edited by Vegas_TL04; 10-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Pro

Don't forget reviewers (admittedly so) advised they only had a "short-time" to experience the cars in Oregon during the press event. If I remember correctly, each got less than 30 minutes. This is what I got also and was pleased with it during my short test drive of a Base FWD. When the Tech AWD was delivered and I spent more than 30 minutes with it, THAT's when the problems surfaced. I'll be VERY eager to read some long term reports and actual thorough and full reviews. I have also read articles; there were at least 2, but I only remember USA Today as one, complaining about the poor electronics, etc. Consumer reports can gush all they want, but anyone who knows anything about cars knows to stay away from what Consumer Reports recommends and doesn't recommend when it comes to cars. Their criteria is weak and biased.
Consumer reports and car and driver test it for weeks. Car and driver has it on their long term fleet thus they blog on how things are going. Personally I would be crabby with service messages but that would be it. Again, I wouldnt have ever driven off the lot in a car that is a flawed as you describe.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Good Vibes

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
It seems like the cooling off period has taken effect.
RL06tech (11-01-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Racer

Consumer reports and car and driver test it for weeks. Car and driver has it on their long term fleet thus they blog on how things are going. Personally I would be crabby with service messages but that would be it. Again, I wouldnt have ever driven off the lot in a car that is a flawed as you describe.
Well, here's the "instrumented test" by car and driver. Doesn't sound like they were all that thrilled with it either.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...wd-test-review

However, I'd be curious to see this blog about the MDX. I searched the blog and found no mention of the MDX?! I assume you have to subscribe to C&D to see the blog you are speaking of? Also, I might have to label you Captain Hindsight seeing as it is you are all knowing and can predict a lifetime of happiness in a car you've test driven for 15 minutes. Perhaps I should take you house shopping when I buy my next investment home or property? God knows I (or anyone else) would NEVER make a mistake with you by our side

Last edited by Vegas_TL04; 10-30-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SmileyOr
I've been reading this forum for a few years now. Before I purchased my 07 Type S I checked in to see what I was in for if I was to have purchased the used 07. All the bad and good were taken into account along with the fact, unfortunately, that more people will post negatively than positively. It's the negative that we want to share more so than the positive feelings. Venting out our frustrations.

Vegas_TL04, it looks like it's going to work out for you. But you had to speak out about the troubles you were having. It may be quick to send a message about an issue, but it can take a long time to get people to decide on the eventual outcome. I buy from a Japanese manufacturer monthly. Anytime I have issues that need to be dealt with the email I send gets escalated and it takes weeks and sometimes months to get the issue resolved. It seems Japan is less efficient in their bureaucracy than they are in their production plants.

I'm now looking at the purchase of an MDX. I was thinking I would buy an older model, 07 or 08 and save some money. But I can't find that many with low miles that I'd feel comfortable with. So I'm now looking at the 14 MDX. What I like most about it is the mileage. It's the same specs as the 07 Type S. I ran some numbers and over 6 years the savings in fuel would be right around $6,000. Weighing this in I'm now ready to go ahead and test drive the 14 model. I've driven the 2G already and I was happy with the ride (non advance).

What I have read here is that there are some cars that are less perfect than others. I could end up with a lemon, but the chances are very low I feel. Your post has given me some things to check while doing the test drive and before I sign any contracts. The car will have to be perfect before I drive it off the lot as mine.

Thanks!
Hey SmileyOR, did you test drive/and end up purchasing the 3G MDX? Curious of your impression and ultimate decision. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Pro

Well, here's the "instrumented test" by car and driver. Doesn't sound like they were all that thrilled with it either.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...wd-test-review

However, I'd be curious to see this blog about the MDX. I searched the blog and found no mention of the MDX?! I assume you have to subscribe to C&D to see the blog you are speaking of? Also, I might have to label you Captain Hindsight seeing as it is you are all knowing and can predict a lifetime of happiness in a car you've test driven for 15 minutes. Perhaps I should take you house shopping when I buy my next investment home or property? God knows I (or anyone else) would NEVER make a mistake with you by our side
In fact I misspooke the blog is edmunds.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Racer

^^^still can't find it on edmunds. Care to provide a link? Also (2) out of the 15 reviews on Edmunds advise to STAY AWAY from the 2014 MDX as there are big quality problems. Guess they are trolls also??
Old 10-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Racer

Nevermind...found the link
http://www.edmunds.com/acura/mdx/201...erm-road-test/

Should be interesting to see...
Old 11-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reading of forums as a decision maker on a car purchase decision should be very low on the radar for anybody. You should read forums on high end cars like BMWs and Mercedes and the mountain of problems that people have with them. There are a lot more important factors to consider overall.
RL06tech (11-01-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by blackman
Reading of forums as a decision maker on a car purchase decision should be very low on the radar for anybody. You should read forums on high end cars like BMWs and Mercedes and the mountain of problems that people have with them. There are a lot more important factors to consider overall.
True that there are problems for any manufacturer, alot of it has to do with how quickly they react to the problem or how much better they improve it cycle to cycle. I; personally, would rather trust ACTUAL owners than some car magazine that is lining their pockets with advertising dollars from the very people whose cars they are "reviewing." It is difficult to find any information now-a-days that isn't biased or influenced by money, be it magazines, news, or government. In the end, everyone is out for his or herself and to profit regardless first and foremost. I just hope Honda/Acura hears the "cries" of the 14 MDX and implement emergency changes, just like that of the Civic. As it stands, I won't consider another Acura right now unless it were a TSX or Gen 2 MDX.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Consumer Reports no longer recommends the Honda Accord V6 because of the poor infotainment system. It is a very similar system in the MDX. The 4 cylinder has buttons instead of the touch screen and is still recommended.

Last edited by Stu's2004TL; 11-04-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Couldn't be MORE displeased with the new 14 MDX