Cameras wont work

Old 04-03-2019, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cameras wont work

I have a 2017 Acura Truck MDX SH-AWD 3.5L FI SOHC 6cyl. I had a windshield crack and had it replaced at a place that said they could do it, but the windshield may need to be recalibrated. When I went to calibrate the camera for the car at the dealer they stated, that since the windshield was not OEM, the calibration would not work. They tried it, and then the car cameras stopped working. Also, a DTC code came up C0041, after they tried to calibrate it. They stated that since the windshield was not an OEM, the calibration failed. I took the car back to the windsheild replacement place and they had recently obtained OptiAim and they could recalibrate the windshield. They were able to successfully recalibrate it but now the cameras don't seem to display. Everything else is functional. The lane assist. The ADAS, The proximity alert. They all work. Just not the display of the cameras.

We had the C0041 cleared by the dealer and the calibration redone, but the cameras still state they need to be reaimed.

Any idea?
Old 04-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by svance11
I have a 2017 Acura Truck MDX SH-AWD 3.5L FI SOHC 6cyl. I had a windshield crack and had it replaced at a place that said they could do it, but the windshield may need to be recalibrated. When I went to calibrate the camera for the car at the dealer they stated, that since the windshield was not OEM, the calibration would not work. They tried it, and then the car cameras stopped working. Also, a DTC code came up C0041, after they tried to calibrate it. They stated that since the windshield was not an OEM, the calibration failed. I took the car back to the windsheild replacement place and they had recently obtained OptiAim and they could recalibrate the windshield. They were able to successfully recalibrate it but now the cameras don't seem to display. Everything else is functional. The lane assist. The ADAS, The proximity alert. They all work. Just not the display of the cameras.

We had the C0041 cleared by the dealer and the calibration redone, but the cameras still state they need to be reaimed.

Any idea?
I would make the place that changed the windshield fix it. If they can't they have to give you your money back and then get an OEM windshield.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
The parking assist cameras?