Bugs and glitches within the infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bugs and glitches within the infotainment system

I found that my MDX sometimes will not allow access to the voice recognition. When the button is pressed the voice portal screen will come up but no voice prompts are available. If I turn off the car and restart it will work again. Also I have an issue where the phone contacts and call history will not display on the MID screen but will display on the main screen. Has anyone had these issues or other issues with the infotainment system?

2014Acura MDX Advanced\Entertainment Pkg.
WhiteDiamond Pearl\Eucalyptus
FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought you were very pleased with your mdx tech..just wait till you try more voice commands..will you phone hang up after answering it with the steering wheel control?
Old 10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

He just hasn't spend enough time using all the functions and features on his new MDX.

The more voice-command/touch-screen/HVAC/radio/DVD/BT/navi functions he uses, the more surprises he'll find.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a 14 mdx service loaner for two days. I sat in my garage and utilized every function on the two screens. I was very disappointed on the performance and quality. It is a shame because otherwise, I would buy one.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

I am pleased with the 2014 MDX. I only found a few issues like I stated above. By the way, I thought this forum was going to be for insight and sharing information. I didn't think I would have to spend time defending my opinions.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:12 PM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

No one is asking you to defend your opinions.

We're just giving you a friendly head start warning that the more you play with the "voice-command/touch-screen/HVAC/radio/DVD/BT/navi" functions, the more bugs and glitches (like those you just found) you will find.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
^^^^^

No one is asking you to defend your opinions.

We're just giving you a friendly head start warning that the more you play with the "voice-command/touch-screen/HVAC/radio/DVD/BT/navi" functions, the more bugs and glitches (like those you just found) you will find.

Look at the second response

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Intermediate

I have to say that the 2014 MDX is not the worst vehicle I have owned as far as electronics goes. It is one of the best. I happen to like it and so do lots of other people. It is very technical and that is what I like. It takes a bit to figure out where everything is but once you figure it out it makes sense. A few years ago I traded a 2009 Lexus Lx570 that had the very worst voice control and a limited nav system but it was simple to use. Maybe less features makes things better for some people?

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 AM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Acura needs to spend some time refining this system and moving commonly used HVAC controls back to ergonomic physical buttons.

Another beef, entering addresses via touchscreen is annoyingly slow.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Acura needs to spend some time refining this system and moving commonly used HVAC controls back to ergonomic physical buttons.

Dozens of us agree; Acura doesn't care.

It's pretty sad when I get the same boilerplate BS from a regional manager that I do from the first-level jackoffs.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My only complaint is the voice command recognition..the infotainment screen is pretty simple to to use and not slow to me... My car was built 12/13..you would think with this latest mdx Honda would be able to fix software issues.. In three years of ownership of my 2011 mdx not one software fix was applied but hey the car was in its 5th year..
Old 01-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so far so good on my end - I find the gauge cluster information screen and vehicle settings incredibly well thought-through and functional, they've really adopted the click-wheel methodology well.

on the other hand, voice commands seem clunky most of the time, and probably the slowest way to do anything at all. I will stick with using the touchscreen or, even better, the steering wheel-mounted click wheel.

Two questions:

has anyone figured out how to get album art displayed on either screen when playing a CD or the HDD? Shouldn't this be part of the gracenote feature?

Also - I ripped a couple CDs into the HDD yesterday. All said 'album info found' but only one of the CDs actually got named and had track names - the other CD just showed 'Unknown title' for each track and the album name. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Black

As the owner of a 2014 MDX, the whole infotainment is a disaster.

End of story.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci

I don't intend to minimize anyone's pain/annoyance, but, another option/suggestion (And this is the one I use) is to sign up for the 'Connect' package and enter your addresses via web browser or the Acura Connect app and then 'send to car.' This has been awesome for me and saves a ton of time. The only thing I have to do then is 'Save to Address Book' if it's necessary. Just a thought/suggestion/alternative.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Black

Originally Posted by snookssec
I don't intend to minimize anyone's pain/annoyance, but, another option/suggestion (And this is the one I use) is to sign up for the 'Connect' package and enter your addresses via web browser or the Acura Connect app and then 'send to car.' This has been awesome for me and saves a ton of time. The only thing I have to do then is 'Save to Address Book' if it's necessary. Just a thought/suggestion/alternative.
Or buy any one of other manufacturers' cars and get this for FREE (BMW, Ford, GM, Kia, etc.).

Acura is an arrogant bunch of assholes to charge for this - especially considering that the latest generation of navigation is complete and utter garbage.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:36 AM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by snookssec
I don't intend to minimize anyone's pain/annoyance, but, another option/suggestion (And this is the one I use)
How do you suggest I circumvent the annoyance of having to go two layers deep on the screen and make four taps to fire up seat heater max, actually make that 8 taps to get both front butts toasty. Seat heaters should default to last setting or even better, move it back to a simple button which requires one simple click without looking.

Too many, perhaps a first world problem. But to me, an unneeded aggravation.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:23 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by AdvanceMDX
I have to say that the 2014 MDX is not the worst vehicle I have owned as far as electronics goes. It is one of the best. I happen to like it and so do lots of other people. It is very technical and that is what I like. It takes a bit to figure out where everything is but once you figure it out it makes sense. A few years ago I traded a 2009 Lexus Lx570 that had the very worst voice control and a limited nav system but it was simple to use. Maybe less features makes things better for some people?

FogLights
AdvanceRunning Boards
MoonroofVisor
BodySide Moldings
MudFlaps
RoofRail Crossbars
Towpackage
SpareTire Kit
WheelLocks
AllWeather Floor Mats
CargoCover
FoldingCargo Tray
Really? I'm not a big an of the "infotainment" system in the Acura. I bought the Acura for the wife, and she doesn't complain about it ... however I drive a '14 BMW 550xi, and I love my NBT iDrive system w/ the new touchpad. I feel like out of all of the vehicles we looked at for her, the BMW wins hands down on the "infotainment" system. Huge 11" widescreen display, intuitive iDrive controller, 8 customizable buttons (not radio presets, but able to program ot ANY screen/station/etc on the iDrive system.

I feel like the navi system in the '14 MDX is not much different from the one I had in my '05 TL almost 10 years ago!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:23 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lindros2
as the owner of a 2014 mdx, the whole infotainment is a disaster.

End of story.
+1
Old 01-26-2014, 11:48 PM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

+2.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+3
Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
4th Gear

Cd album art

Originally Posted by seekr613
so far so good on my end - I find the gauge cluster information screen and vehicle settings incredibly well thought-through and functional, they've really adopted the click-wheel methodology well.

on the other hand, voice commands seem clunky most of the time, and probably the slowest way to do anything at all. I will stick with using the touchscreen or, even better, the steering wheel-mounted click wheel.

Two questions:

has anyone figured out how to get album art displayed on either screen when playing a CD or the HDD? Shouldn't this be part of the gracenote feature?

Also - I ripped a couple CDs into the HDD yesterday. All said 'album info found' but only one of the CDs actually got named and had track names - the other CD just showed 'Unknown title' for each track and the album name. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Did anyone answer how to pull up the album art. My wife's new Kia does it automatically using the Microsoft UVO system. I thought this was what Gracenote was supposed to do?
Old 04-04-2014, 08:17 AM
4th Gear

See your post on cd album art. I may have put my question in the wrong place.