Availability of 2014 Advance

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Availability of 2014 Advance

Any other areas having a severe lack of MDX Advance models available to dealerships? Not a single dealer out of like 15 in a 50 mile radius has one. I live just outside Philadelphia, PA.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
I heard through a local dealer that there is a stoppage of 14 advance models being delivered. There seems to be known issues with them...not sure of the problems specifically but have heard of several rear wiring harness issues.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There are quite a few around here. But then again $56k vehicles don't move as fast as the base models do.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
There is no stoppage or otherwise of Advance models, but as with the last MDX, the Advance is intended to be a much more exclusive, smaller production model.

We have experienced much higher demand for Advance with the 2014 than ever before, as well as Tech/Ent models, and as Acura continues to work on the build out they will be trying to produce a few more. There may be a few more showing in inventory right now, however a large portion of these were sold orders waiting to come in from 2 months back.

They are obtainable, but not immediately unless you luck out and find one in white or another color that's built, and happened to not be spoken for. I did an on order swap for one of my clients back mid June for a black one, and it arrived the last 2 days of August.

Be patient, consider a Tech or Tech/Ent with various accessories added if you can do without the Adaptive Cruise and Lane Keeping Assist, as an option. The wait is WORTH it, and no other vehicle can touch this model.
The following 2 users liked this post by beach109:
Acura_Dude (09-11-2013), SkylineUSA (09-13-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I can do without a lot of what the advance offers. Unfortunately, I love my perforated/ventilated front seats and can't option those in.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by beach109
There is no stoppage or otherwise of Advance models, but as with the last MDX, the Advance is intended to be a much more exclusive, smaller production model.

We have experienced much higher demand for Advance with the 2014 than ever before, as well as Tech/Ent models, and as Acura continues to work on the build out they will be trying to produce a few more. There may be a few more showing in inventory right now, however a large portion of these were sold orders waiting to come in from 2 months back.

They are obtainable, but not immediately unless you luck out and find one in white or another color that's built, and happened to not be spoken for. I did an on order swap for one of my clients back mid June for a black one, and it arrived the last 2 days of August.

Be patient, consider a Tech or Tech/Ent with various accessories added if you can do without the Adaptive Cruise and Lane Keeping Assist, as an option. The wait is WORTH it, and no other vehicle can touch this model.
What are you hearing about the bugs in the touch screen device and other issues listed on the forums. Have there been fixes? Thank you.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Gents, I would beg to differ on the reason for the "so called" shortage.

I am in Southern California. And the vehicles from Advanced to Tech (both with and without Ent package) are readily available.

I check with one dealership about 80 miles away (near my work), and they claimed there were none in all of California/Nevada.
I then picked up the phone and called three other dealerships and found no fewer than 8 Advanced available in my area from three dealerships within 40 miles.

So I actually visited 2 of the three dealerships to confirm, and sure enough, the vehicle was there ready for delivery.

Moral of the story ... dealerships will push only what they currently have in inventory.
No need to pay a high premium, there are plenty of vehicles to go around.

Remember, this is not a limited edition Ferrari, Acura will produce plenty.
Remember.... Acura wants to unseat the Lexus RX350, and they are pushing hard to make their numbers.

Thanks ... WA
Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WayneAnderson2013

I am in Southern California. And the vehicles from Advanced to Tech (both with and without Ent package) are readily available.

I check with one dealership about 80 miles away (near my work), and they claimed there were none in all of California/Nevada.
I then picked up the phone and called three other dealerships and found no fewer than 8 Advanced available in my area from three dealerships within 40 miles.

So I actually visited 2 of the three dealerships to confirm, and sure enough, the vehicle was there ready for delivery.

Moral of the story ... dealerships will push only what they currently have in inventory.

Remember.... Acura wants to unseat the Lexus RX350, and they are pushing hard to make their numbers.

Thanks ... WA
Front wheel, all wheel drive, or both? Here on the East Coast there are FWD on the ground, but no AWD....we get snow here so AWD is desired.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by WayneAnderson2013

Thanks ... WA
I'm uphere in Northern California and no dealer carries the AWD advance in any color. Any that do come in are preordered and assigned to a buyer. Mine won't be coming in until late October to mid November. I orginally put in an order 2 months ago and was told this past weekend that the order "didn't go through" after 2 months of waiting.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by dsfm29
I'm uphere in Northern California and no dealer carries the AWD advance in any color. Any that do come in are preordered and assigned to a buyer. Mine won't be coming in until late October to mid November. I orginally put in an order 2 months ago and was told this past weekend that the order "didn't go through" after 2 months of waiting.
That's unacceptable.!!!!

Time to go to your dealership and say "Oh, he order didn't go through after two months. OK, give me my deposit back and I have another dealership that has the car in stock."

Watch magically, how the vehicle appears in less than a week.