anyone tested door unlock/lock via Acuralink app?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
anyone tested door unlock/lock via Acuralink app?

My cousin said he recently took his 3 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter on a road trip in his Buick Enclave. At a rest stop, he got out of the car and his son locked the doors and wouldn't unlock them. He started panicking but then realized he could call OnStar to unlock the doors for him.

I see that the MDX offers this remote lock/unlock feature via their Acuralink app. It appears you have to subscribe to the mid-tier package to get this service. Can anyone comment on how well it works? Is there a distance limit, or can I be across the country and have this work?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TyroneBiggums
My cousin said he recently took his 3 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter on a road trip in his Buick Enclave. At a rest stop, he got out of the car and his son locked the doors and wouldn't unlock them. He started panicking but then realized he could call OnStar to unlock the doors for him.

I see that the MDX offers this remote lock/unlock feature via their Acuralink app. It appears you have to subscribe to the mid-tier package to get this service. Can anyone comment on how well it works? Is there a distance limit, or can I be across the country and have this work?
I have used this functionality numerous times and it works great. The distance is unlimited. You can do it across the world. As long as the car's built in mobile is in mobile coverage area
Old 08-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fun2drive
I have used this functionality numerous times and it works great. The distance is unlimited. You can do it across the world. As long as the car's built in mobile is in mobile coverage area
+1! Just waiting for the remote start functionality to be added in...then again given the recent hack of these new cars maybe NOT having the remote start available is a good thing...NAH!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Used this feature as well and work as it should.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just purchased 2014 mdx advanced that comes with remote start. I called Acura and they gave me 3 months of free trial of the highest tier they offer ( don't remember the name at this time ) , I just had to give them my cc # and make sure to cancel before 3 months passes. The application works nicely , I could get all of the info of the car on me Samsung Galaxy s3 , was able to flash the lights but when I tried unlocking the car it did not worked for some reason. Have to play with it some more and see if it works.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by snookssec
+1! Just waiting for the remote start functionality to be added in...then again given the recent hack of these new cars maybe NOT having the remote start available is a good thing...NAH!
+1. I also would love to see the remote start functionality added to the Acuralink service. It would seem that all the pieces are there such as the mobile connectivity and full connection to the MDX's computer as evidenced by the extensive list of diagnostics that we get from the app.