Anyone ever deliver to your residence?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 11:37 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever deliver to your residence?

Hi. New to the forum.

I've been trying to hunt down a silver/eb AWD tech in SoCal and so far no one has this in stock. Our local dealers say they don't know when they can get this in. However I put out inquiries to dealers with 100 miles away and they are willing to work with us to get us a better deal and some have offered home delivery.

This got me curious. The main reason this sounds attractive to me is that we have newborn twins (12 weeks) and leaving the house isn't an ideal situation at the moment. These dealers also seem more motivate to sell us a mdx than our local ones.

Has anyone done this before? I am in San Diego and the dealerships offering home delivery are mission viejo and riverside. Any good/bad experiences?
Thanks!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Not an experience with Acura dealers, but when my in-laws got their Sonata, the dealer did not have the exact vehicle in stock so we went to sign all the paperwork and they delivered the car to us later that evening. I suspect that if a dealer is truly looking to earn your business, they would be willing to have someone do that for you.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:16 PM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
How will that distant dealership deliver your new MDX ?

Will they flat-bed it to your home, or will they drive it to your home and add 100 miles to the odometer ?
Old 02-08-2014, 12:26 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
How will that distant dealership deliver your new MDX ?

Will they flat-bed it to your home, or will they drive it to your home and add 100 miles to the odometer ?
I would think it's driven. I did bring that up (in email) and asked how that would affect final price. Still pending an answer.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
For a small and inexpensive vehicle, I wouldn't mind having someone drive it but when you are spending this amount of money on a vehicle....I would not ever let anyone drive it. Most that know me also knows how ANAL I am so I am sure it comes as no surprise to them My concern is that you don't know how they will treat the vehicle when they drive, hit potholes, hard accelerations, hard braking, risk of getting chips on the windshield or paint etc.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:48 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by weather
For a small and inexpensive vehicle, I wouldn't mind having someone drive it but when you are spending this amount of money on a vehicle....I would not ever let anyone drive it. Most that know me also knows how ANAL I am so I am sure it comes as no surprise to them My concern is that you don't know how they will treat the vehicle when they drive, hit potholes, hard accelerations, hard braking, risk of getting chips on the windshield or paint etc.
I feel that way too. Looks like some dealers are offering flatbed that will cost 2-300.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Not in SoCal but I had an Infinti G35 convertible delivered from about 60 miles away. Met at City Hall to complete the transaction and register the car. They drove it up with a follow vehicle to get the sales guy back. Sure, they could have driven like idiots, but I wasn't doing the deal if it didn't pass my visual inspection. I can't imagine a dealership driving that far for an inexpensive vehicle but if they will do it for you, I would take them up on it. Good luck with twins! We just got a puppy and that is too much for me....
Old 02-08-2014, 03:05 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i know my dealer has delivered cars to their new owner's home as far as 3-4 hours away.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jlkdoh
Not in SoCal but I had an Infinti G35 convertible delivered from about 60 miles away. Met at City Hall to complete the transaction and register the car. They drove it up with a follow vehicle to get the sales guy back. Sure, they could have driven like idiots, but I wasn't doing the deal if it didn't pass my visual inspection. I can't imagine a dealership driving that far for an inexpensive vehicle but if they will do it for you, I would take them up on it. Good luck with twins! We just got a puppy and that is too much for me....
Yeah. I guess it's a matter of trust.

Thanks for the kind words on our twins. Unfortunately I wasn't informed that the twin gene currently carried through my wife's family. Lol! I kid....we got lucky but they certainly are challenging my wife and I as human beings. And I mean that in a good way. :-)
Old 02-08-2014, 06:37 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
i know my dealer has delivered cars to their new owner's home as far as 3-4 hours away.
Still on the fence with this. He doesn't sound desperate but more motivated than anything.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by low3llSD
Hi. New to the forum.

I've been trying to hunt down a silver/eb AWD tech in SoCal and so far no one has this in stock. Our local dealers say they don't know when they can get this in. However I put out inquiries to dealers with 100 miles away and they are willing to work with us to get us a better deal and some have offered home delivery.

This got me curious. The main reason this sounds attractive to me is that we have newborn twins (12 weeks) and leaving the house isn't an ideal situation at the moment. These dealers also seem more motivate to sell us a mdx than our local ones.

Has anyone done this before? I am in San Diego and the dealerships offering home delivery are mission viejo and riverside. Any good/bad experiences?
Thanks!
My wife's last two RX350 where delivered to my house. The first one even with the red ribbon on the roof... It had no navigation or anything that you really had to learn. The second one was a 2014 with nav and the guy dropping the car had very little idea and time to explain anything. A week later I went to dealer to have all the tech demoed.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know if you bought your car yet but I had a bad experience with Mission Viejo Acura when I shopping for my TL. When I wanted to talk price with the sales guy he wanted to run my credit first and told me we could only talk estimates until he ran my credit. That's a lie and I have never heard any dealership say that. Every time there is a credit inquiry on your credit it goes down a few points. Most people don't know that what upset me more was that he lied to me and said he had to run it first. I ended up buying from Van Nuys Acura he made a deal with me through internet e-mail. I vowed never to take my can into Mision Viejo for service too. There were other things I didn't like about the sales thing but what I have mentioned is what upset me the most.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:37 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Acura_Girl_Forever
I don't know if you bought your car yet but I had a bad experience with Mission Viejo Acura when I shopping for my TL. When I wanted to talk price with the sales guy he wanted to run my credit first and told me we could only talk estimates until he ran my credit. That's a lie and I have never heard any dealership say that. Every time there is a credit inquiry on your credit it goes down a few points. Most people don't know that what upset me more was that he lied to me and said he had to run it first. I ended up buying from Van Nuys Acura he made a deal with me through internet e-mail. I vowed never to take my can into Mision Viejo for service too. There were other things I didn't like about the sales thing but what I have mentioned is what upset me the most.
Funny that's what they told me first. He said he would be able to get me the combo I wanted in two days. Kept pushing to tun my credit before anything. Turns out nobody had the combo in SoCal.

We ended up purchasing the car in Carlsbad just this past Tuesday on the wife's bday. First one to get the combo would get our business and that was that. The deal was only Luke warm but in the end we got the car and we are pleased with such a fine vehicle.