Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Exclamation 3rd Generation MDX Recall News

Honda recalls model year 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid vehicles

The engine fuel feed hose and a fuel purge hose may be damaged

07/20/2017 ConsumerAffairs Acura Recalls
By James LimbachA Washington, D.C., reporter for more than 30 years, Jim Limbach covers the federal agencies for ConsumerAffairs. Previously, he was a reporter and news anchor for Associated Press Broadcast Services, where he covered business and consumer news as well as space shots and other major spot news events. Read Full Bio→james.limbach@consumeraffairs.com Phone: 866-773-0221
Photo source: AcuraAmerican Honda Motor Co. is recalling 193 model year 2017 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid vehicles.The engine fuel feed hose and a fuel purge hose that may have been misrouted during vehicle assembly.The misrouting can cause the hoses to be damaged from contact with other components, potentially resulting in a fuel leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may increase the risk of a fire.

What to do

Acura will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the routing of the fuel feed hose and the fuel purge hose. If misrouted, the hoses will be replaced and installed correctly, free of charge.Owners may contact Acura client relations at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is KF8.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Exclamation Tail Lights

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...llight-recall/

Acura MDX recalled due to possible taillight malfunction

Some 360,000 crossovers are affected globally.

April 8, 2019 4:18 PM PDTThis recall affects the MDX crossover's taillights.

Acura
Acura is recalling more than 323,000 MDX crossovers in the United States due to the potential of leaky taillight assemblies. Vehicles from model years 2014 through 2019 are affected, according to the automaker's official statement Monday.

In addition to the 323,000 affected vehicles in the United States,
The Washington Post reports an additional 37,000 or so are located in other markets. That brings the total number to more than 360,000 worldwide.

"Due to a body variation in tailgate manufacturing, the rear tailgate lid light seals may deform and allow water to leak into the light assemblies," Acura said in a statement. Should this happen, the water can find its way to electrical components, and cause the taillights to malfunction.

Acura says its dealers will replace the gasket seals on the affected vehicles, and if necessary, replace the faulty light assemblies and their associated wiring subharnesses. As with all recalls, the repair work will be performed free of charge.

The automaker says MDX owners will be notified by mail beginning early next month. To see if your car is affected by this -- or any other -- recall, head over to our
how-to guide on checking for a car recall to find out (don't worry, it's a breeze).

Old 04-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
IMO this is Acura's biggest weakness at the moment. WAY too many recalls (the 2019 MDX alone has about half a dozen and counting already). It could be viewed positively in a sense because Acura is at least acknowledging the problems and fixing the issues which gives Acura a leg up in Trust (I personally have much less faith/trust in other manufacturers to proactively issue recalls unless absolutely forced to do so, looking at you Volkswagen/Audi/Volvo,etc). While I understand a manufacturer is always at the mercy of their suppliers because largely recalls are due to defective parts from suppliers, this is an area where Acura REALLY has to spend some time trying to improve if they want any hope of getting their reliability ratings back where they should be. It's not good for brand image or for the image of a particular model when every week there's a new recall.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Yeah, their QC is really lacking this generation. But I do appreciate that they are acknowledging and fixing these things.

Oh, and don't recall the fuel pump recall we just got a few weeks back.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by neoshi
Yeah, their QC is really lacking this generation. But I do appreciate that they are acknowledging and fixing these things.

Oh, and don't recall the fuel pump recall we just got a few weeks back.
Agreed, when I purchased my 19 MDX a big part of the equation for me was trust, and I feel (this is my personal perspective, perhaps unwarranted) that Acura by and large proactively addresses issues once they are aware of them. Audi and Volvo on the other hand, my impression was the only way they would issue a recall would be if they were forced to do so by a governmental regulatory body rather then voluntarily. Perhaps this explains the large number of recalls on the MDX compared to the relatively small number on the Q7 or XC90. So I do appreciate and value the fact that Acura is acknowledging and addressing issues as they become known. This level of trust is a big reason why I purchased an Acura rather than a Q7 or XC90
Old 04-10-2019, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My experience with Honda/Acura products is that they always follow up with TSBs and recalls. Of course, I wish they don't have to do them in the first place but they do. Lexus freaks out when you try to make a warranty claim to the point of the dealers accusing you that I'm feeling things or hearing things. So, most of the stuff simply gets handled as a one off case when there really should be a TSB for it. Still Lexus is more reliable by far (even if they don't drive as nice). Audi is I think is OK but neither better or worse than Honda. Volvo blows. Their cars just aren't that good.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile Recalls and TSB's

I don't know of 6 recalls for the 2019. 2 that I know of...and it's by VIN. The latest...the taillight issue.....I looked up on the Acura Owner's web site. My VIN is NOT included. So, it's not ALL 2019 MDX's. Maybe a couple TSB's....all that is pretty normal. IF you were to look in to any new car manufacturer you will find some recall issues and TSB's. The '19 "recalls" are not huge issues...in my book. No car is made perfect from the factory assembly lines.
The '19 is on the end of a long run for this model version and they've got most issues ironed out by now. Last year of a "models run" is usually the best one. I had a '14 Mustang GT and it was well done. Owned over 10 Mustang GT's, Cobras. The changeover to the '15 was a disaster! I know..I had a one special ordered that I had to cancel.

BMW X5's went many...many years with a host of "issues" that forced many owners to get rid of them fairly quickly. Now...finally they got their act together and the new X5"s are highly rated. Main problem....COST and upkeep costs.
In my opinion I feel Acura's are getting better and are a great value for the money. I've got a history with them so I can see the progression. (3) Gen 2 RDX's, a TSX Special Edition, TLX A-Spec, RDX A-Spec, MDX Advance.
I like the new X5....a lot....but, that price makes me back up. I feel I can get a great SUV, for the price of purchase and upkeep, and have a great high quality SUV by buying the top end MDX's. So far. We'll see what the 2020 brings us.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Recalls

I took my 17 MDX for a B12 service, they mentioned the two recalls (fuel pump software and taillight sealing). They gave me a loaner right away for the inconvenience. The car was ready in 3 hrs for pick up on a Saturday morning. Acura excels at their recall process. It wasn’t an inconvenience at all.

Before my MDX I had a 04 TL with 250,000 miles, and I don’t remember having a big inconvenience when I took that car for a recall.
Btw...I gave the TL to my parents ...and that baby is still running great at 265,000!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Sloppy305:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (04-11-2019), Dana Mills (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same experience for me - got a loaner, took about 3 hours, no big deal