2020 Acura MDX Redesign Odds

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 Acura MDX Redesign Odds

With the 2019 RDX getting a complete refresh and the ILX getting a refreshed look for 2019 what are the odds for a 2020 MDX complete redesign? Does this new break at a certain time in the industry? This has probably been discussed here and was curious if anyone has seen any credible news stories or even spy photos of a 2020 MDX. I love the look of the RDX and can't wait to see what they do with the MDX.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 870 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by OK_TL04
With the 2019 RDX getting a complete refresh and the ILX getting a refreshed look for 2019 what are the odds for a 2020 MDX complete redesign? Does this new break at a certain time in the industry? This has probably been discussed here and was curious if anyone has seen any credible news stories or even spy photos of a 2020 MDX. I love the look of the RDX and can't wait to see what they do with the MDX.
The RDX follows a 6 year design cycle and the MDX follows a 7 year design cycle. So the next gen MDX is not due until 2021 although we could see a 2021 early release in the fall of 2020. But that's still like 2 years away so not really thinking about it right now. If this RDX is any indication, the new MDX will be the best MDX ever made by a LONG shot IMO.
The following users liked this post:
mrgold35 (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 08:08 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I would be surprised if the next gen MDX would look any different from the 2019 RDX other than a longer wheel base for 3rd row, few more tech extras, upgrade in luxury materials, and new engine like a 3.0T. I see it as a 2021 model with an early 2020 release date. Acura still needs to update the ILX, TLX, and RLX and they need to space out the release dates. The RDX and MDX will always be the top sellers for Acura in this SUV/CUV market with SUVs getting almost the same mpgs as sedans of a few years ago.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
I would be surprised if the next gen MDX would look any different from the 2019 RDX other than a longer wheel base for 3rd row, few more tech extras, upgrade in luxury materials, and new engine like a 3.0T. I see it as a 2021 model with an early 2020 release date. Acura still needs to update the ILX, TLX, and RLX and they need to space out the release dates. The RDX and MDX will always be the top sellers for Acura in this SUV/CUV market with SUVs getting almost the same mpgs as sedans of a few years ago.
I took a 2019 RDX Advance for a test drive, last weekend. Overall, a nice vehicle, and a HUGE improvement over the 2018 RDX. However, it's still not providing MDX-level functionality and practicality. In a way, I was let down with the RDX. I'm okay with Acura borrowing heavily from the RDX, but they'll need to step up their game even further to get me to replace my MDX.

The good:
  • I like the exterior styling.
  • I (mostly) like the interior styling. The oversized dynamic mode knob is a bit awkward... I'm sure that could be something better.
  • Size is good (for RDX class).
  • Infotainment is dramatically improved.
  • Seats are massively improved!
  • For a 4 cylinder, it makes impressive power. (FOR A 4 CYLINDER)
The bad:
  • Ventilated seats are present, but ventilation is weak compared to other brands.
  • Materials quality was disappointing. MDX needs to have much nicer materials for me to consider it. The biggest material fail is the palm rest near the touchpad; it's covered in a cheap-looking vinyl. This needs to be leather, at least in Tech/Advance trims. another example is the dash. We should see a stitched dash in at least the Advance trim.
  • No remote start from key fob. Really, wtf?
  • No power folding side mirrors. Really, wtf?
  • Power delivery is not acceptable. This engine/transmission combo is jerky and lacks refinement. I'm not sure Acura can do much better with a 4 cylinder -- unless they add IMA. This is just an area where more cylinders + displacement are going to provide a smoother experience. MDX needs to retain a V6 powerplant, imo. I'll take my J35/ZF9, any day, over the current RDX powertrain.
RLX-Sport Hybrid (09-02-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 08:50 AM
mrgold35

For some reason, Acura doesn't put the same effort into their interiors for the RDX/MDX compared to the sedans? I've noticed most SUV luxury brands interiors are 1-2 levels below the sedan in the same price range. I'm thinking all the bad you mentioned for the 19 RDX will at least be an option for the next gen MDX in the tech or Adv versions (except for real cooled seats). I would be fine with the 3.0T for the next gen MDX because I live and travel between 5000-7500 feet and up to 11,000 feet sometimes. My 08 RDX 2.3T drives the best compared to my 11 MDX and 06 TSX at those altitudes.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Racer

oh, and add to my "bad" list:

No memory-linked power-adjustable steering wheel? ugh, really? MDX currently has it, so the new MDX better keep it.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Suzuka Master

For some reason, Acura doesn't put the same effort into their interiors for the RDX/MDX compared to the sedans? I've noticed most SUV luxury brands interiors are 1-2 levels below the sedan in the same price range. I'm thinking all the bad you mentioned for the 19 RDX will at least be an option for the next gen MDX in the tech or Adv versions (except for real cooled seats). I would be fine with the 3.0T for the next gen MDX because I live and travel between 5000-7500 feet and up to 11,000 feet sometimes. My 08 RDX 2.3T drives the best compared to my 11 MDX and 06 TSX at those altitudes.
I think this is the case for all manufacturers. In my experience all auto manufacturers put a lot more effort and quality into their sedans. I think there are some practical reasons for this. First off SUV sales are so aggressive so people will buy them anyways and also since sedan sales are declining, they have to make them more attractive. Secondly SUVS are larger and therefore cost more to make so they have to cut costs somewhere and this usually ends up showing up in cheaper quality interiors in comparison to the equivalent sedan in the lineup.

In 2011 Kia came out with the all new sorento and all new optima (both flagship models in their respective lines), the sorento had entirely hard plastic dash and doors. Very cheap feeling. The Optima had soft touch dash with faux stitching and soft touch upper doors. The Optima also had cooled driver and passenger seat and heated front and rear seats. The sorento only had a cooled driver seat and heated front seats. Furthermore the optima had powered sunroof shades but the sorento was manual. That's just an example from Kia but I see it ALL the time with other automakers as well.

In my opinion this latest RDX is by far nicer than the current MDX even, and the MDX is always MUCH nicer than the RDX, so expect the next gen MDX to be incredible. I'm thinking leather stitched dash and doors, real aluminum...etc.
mrgold35 (08-08-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Here's what I'm waiting for, I need the width without the length: https://www.motor1.com/news/261697/h...ed-inside-out/
Old 08-10-2018, 08:22 AM
mrgold35

Acura could fall off the deep end again and go with the Concept D version from a Chinese auto show from a few years ago.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Racer

Acura could fall off the deep end again and go with the Concept D version from a Chinese auto show from a few years ago.
That was a Chinese auto show, however. I bet the Chinese market went gaga over that concept.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey, don't shoot me but I actually think that has the potential to be something very nice. I mean it has a lot of ZDX lines and I think a Acuraized version of this called the ZDX would be really cool.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:06 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by RDX10
Hey, don't shoot me but I actually think that has the potential to be something very nice. I mean it has a lot of ZDX lines and I think a Acuraized version of this called the ZDX would be really cool.
You can see a lot of the Honda Civic Type-R in the Concept D. Both might have been designed by the same team.

RDX10 (08-26-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
SUVs are mostly bought by families, families with kids that use and abuse the living c**p out of them. I don't think a lot of parents really care about little fancy details. Probably new parents do who try to keep their new SUVs neat, clean and tidy, but after a few shorts months they usually give up on that never ending uphill battle of keeping it in at least semi decent shape. Ask me how I know, lol.
The following 3 users liked this post by VMDX:
Comfy (02-04-2019), neo1738 (09-11-2018), victorber (01-09-2019)
Old 08-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Applying the RDX refresh to the MDX is what I am currently waiting for. The added size and all the latest bells and whistles plus MDX features not available on the RDX would be ideal for me. Unless we start seeing some spy shots of the 4G MDX in the next few months, I don't think it's coming until 2020.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames
Applying the RDX refresh to the MDX is what I am currently waiting for. The added size and all the latest bells and whistles plus MDX features not available on the RDX would be ideal for me. Unless we start seeing some spy shots of the 4G MDX in the next few months, I don't think it's coming until 2020.
What does the RDX have that the MDX is missing? I'd like to see HUD in the MDX. I'm hopeful they do not go too extreme with the exterior design a la Lexus.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by moose66
What does the RDX have that the MDX is missing? I'd like to see HUD in the MDX. I'm hopeful they do not go too extreme with the exterior design a la Lexus.
These are what I've found to be present in the 2019 RDX, and missing from the MDX:
  • HUD
  • Panoramic moonroof
  • Remote start via smartphone app
  • Adjustable thigh support on front seats.
  • Adjustable side bolsters on front seats.
  • Ability to set "height limit" on rear tailgate.
The following 3 users liked this post by p07r0457:
Curious3GTL (08-26-2018), moose66 (08-13-2018), victorber (01-09-2019)
Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Got it now. HUD, Panoramic roof (a must have in the next SUV per the Mrs.) and the remote start from an app are the ones I'd like to see for sure. The others are nice to have's for me.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by p07r0457
These are what I've found to be present in the 2019 RDX, and missing from the MDX:
  • HUD
  • Panoramic moonroof
  • Remote start via smartphone app
  • Adjustable thigh support on front seats.
  • Adjustable side bolsters on front seats.
  • Ability to set "height limit" on rear tailgate.
Yep, all that plus the new infotainment system and a new ELS sound system. Updated jewel eye headlights from 5 to 7. New version of the SW-AWD. Plus some new features like wireless charging currently available on the Pilot. Android Auto should be supported on the new touch system by next year as well.

I would expect the new MDX to look like a bigger RDX. The big ass dial in the center stack, back to buttons for the climate controls and a touch pad with a single screen sticking out of the top.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:15 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep, all that plus the new infotainment system and a new ELS sound system. .
To be honest I wasn't particularly too thrilled with the 2019 RDX's true touchpad interface. It sounds great in theory, but in practice it is still not as intuitive as a touch screen or using a large dial. I still have to "guess" where to touch on the touchpad that will mimic the icons on the screen, especially for the icons located toward the center of the screen. In order to "guess" correctly, I still had to look down at the pad to get my references correct. Also the large single screen sticking out on the dash is a nightmare for glares at certain times during the day. The large round dial is also a complete waste of real estate. Seriously, how often do we drive around and constantly changing the driving dynamics from normal to sport?

The current dual screen setup on the MDX is actually pretty user friendly, especially with the new capacitive touch screen in the 2018+ MDX. Hope the redesigned MDX will address some of these issues on the RDX.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by flanker271
To be honest I wasn't particularly too thrilled with the 2019 RDX's true touchpad interface. It sounds great in theory, but in practice it is still not as intuitive as a touch screen or using a large dial. I still have to "guess" where to touch on the touchpad that will mimic the icons on the screen, especially for the icons located toward the center of the screen. In order to "guess" correctly, I still had to look down at the pad to get my references correct. Also the large single screen sticking out on the dash is a nightmare for glares at certain times during the day. The large round dial is also a complete waste of real estate. Seriously, how often do we drive around and constantly changing the driving dynamics from normal to sport?
I think the driving dynamics knob should go back to being a jog-wheel... Although they could retain the touchpad, too. I liked it.

The current dual screen setup on the MDX is actually pretty user friendly, especially with the new capacitive touch screen in the 2018+ MDX. Hope the redesigned MDX will address some of these issues on the RDX.
I actually prefer the 2017 system, with the exception of lack of CarPlay. If they added CarPlay but otherwise kept the 2017 system, I'd be happy. The screen in the 2017 works with my polarized sunglasses, unlike the 2018 screen. Also the 2018 interface updates are less usable. Skipping a track, for example, has a tiny button on the 2018, but it was larger and easier to press on the 2017.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:59 AM
Suzuka Master

I still fail to see what the touchpad does that the old rotary knob didn't do better in a moving vehicle. The only thing they should have done is move the rotary wheel to the position of the touchpad and then if they really want to keep allowing the hand writing recognition they should make the top of the wheel touch senstive. I've seen a few reviews now mention that they did get used to the pad after a couple days but that it was still awkward and better suited for a rotary knob. I personally agree.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:06 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
I still fail to see what the touchpad does that the old rotary knob didn't do better in a moving vehicle. The only thing they should have done is move the rotary wheel to the position of the touchpad and then if they really want to keep allowing the hand writing recognition they should make the top of the wheel touch senstive. I've seen a few reviews now mention that they did get used to the pad after a couple days but that it was still awkward and better suited for a rotary knob. I personally agree.
I agree. I had them all, and by far my favorite way of navigating the infotainment system was the rotary knob in my BMW. The TLX is ok, but kinda funky because sometimes I would use the touchscreen and sometimes the knob, depending on what I'm doing. Probably why the less technically inclined hated the two screen setup.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:37 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
TBH, I have a feeling the 2020 MDX will be a bigger RDX with a few changes:

1. More power may be 295-300 HP
2. Massage seats
3. Adaptive dampers standard
4. Few minor changes like stitched dash, more wood, less plastic and etc.

Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2018, 04:04 PM
There are four lights!

Originally Posted by Tony Pac

2. Massage seats

Thoughts?
Looks wise, I'm expecting a bigger version of the RDX design language. So the 7 LED jewel eye headlamps and dragon tail tail lamps with full LEDs everywhere, including the turn signals (RDX has incandescent). In the interior, a full digital speedo/tach cluster and maybe a larger infotainment screen. Better appointment of interior materials (e.g. Nappa vs the Milano found in the RDX). V6T standard.

We probably don't have to wait long either. The 2020 TLX supposedly out next year will give us a look at what the MDX might be as both platforms share lots of common bits.

Last edited by ZipSpeed; 08-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
Looks wise, I'm expecting a bigger version of the RDX design language. So the 7 LED jewel eye headlamps and dragon tail tail lamps with full LEDs everywhere, including the turn signals (RDX has incandescent). In the interior, a full digital speedo/tach cluster and maybe a larger infotainment screen. Better appointment of interior materials (e.g. Nappa vs the Milano found in the RDX). V6T standard.

We probably don't have to wait long either. The 2020 TLX supposedly out next year will give us a look at what the MDX might be as both platforms share lots of common bits.
Agreed!

But I m not sure about the new TLX for next year.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:59 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I asked about this yesterday when I went in for my new 2018. He said MDX redsign won’t be till 2021, at least.

Sales tactic? Could be. But he seemed pretty sure.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:17 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts

I also have liked the "dual screens" in my past 3 Gen 2 RDX's, and my '18 TLX A-Spec. The MDX still has for '19 and I like it...works for me! I currently own the new RDX. The touch pad is OK....I don't try to find the "sweet spot"
to locate....I just do a sweep on the pad and land on what I want to go in to. Overall...I'm so used to the dual screens....that I do prefer them.

My GM believes the 2020 MDX will be the redesign year.....but, he gets fooled sometimes by Acura. But, it is what he believes to be true. We'll see. Honda Motor Corp. is always so
secretive and holds info very close to their "vests." They rarely tell the dealer's much on just when a model will be coming out, etc.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 08-29-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I also have liked the "dual screens" in my past 3 Gen 2 RDX's, and my '18 TLX A-Spec. The MDX still has for '19 and I like it...works for me! I currently own the new RDX. The touch pad is OK....I don't try to find the "sweet spot" to locate....I just do a sweep on the pad and land on what I want to go in to. Overall...I'm so used to the dual screens....that I do prefer them.
I had a 2019 RDX loaner for about 5 days. The new navigation system is "okay". It certainly looks more modern than the MDX system, but I'm not sure it was any "better". I couldn't figure out how to view alternate routes, for example. With the MDX, it's an easy push of the menu button, then dial right to "View Routes" and the system provides 3 different routes to get to the destination. I'm constantly finding that the first route will prefer the interstate, when there's actually a more direct route, and I'll manually select that. But in the RDX I couldn't find a way to do that. Is there a solution that I missed? Or is this a real oversight in the new system?

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
My GM believes the 2020 MDX will be the redesign year.....but, he gets fooled sometimes by Acura. But, it is what he believes to be true. We'll see. Honda Motor Corp. is always so secretive and holds info very close to their "vests." They rarely tell the dealer's much on just when a model will be coming out, etc.
Dealers truly are the last to know. Partially that's because most sales people actually aren't enthusiasts -- it's just their job. And I think the rest is deliberate: Corporate and dealership management want the dealers to focus on selling what they HAVE, not what they think they may get.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:08 AM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by Tony Pac

2. Massage seats

Thoughts?
1. I would like to see TQ in the 295-300 range or more
2. I would get more use from more seat adjustments and maybe pedal adjustment (wife 4'11" and I'm 6'3")
3. I'm cool with an adv/a-spec/sport hybrid with adaptive dampers, larger sway bars, sport+ mode, larger tires, upgraded rims/brakes, sport tuned exhaust.
4. Love the option being standard or in the accessories section for different materials for a luxury or sporty direction for the interior
5. I would like the option for a digital dash with 3D navi
6. real cooled seats, not ventilated
7. standard 2nd row rear heated seats (or just the tech/adv/hybrid models)
8. more adjustments for headrest either manual or powered
9. standard 360 degree camera and/or front/rear parking sensors and/or auto park system

Cool feature: can also use the 360 degree camera as a dash cam system in parking mode or when driving
Old 08-30-2018, 07:40 PM
Instructor

With the MDX, it's an easy push of the menu button, then dial right to "View Routes" and the system provides 3 different routes to get to the destination.
Doesn't the current dual screen setup with the dial also support up, down, left, right joystick control. I thought I remember using it that way on a TLX loaner I had a while back.

One thing I can say for certain is with the 2019 MDX, Acura nailed the Advance wheels. 2019 RDX Advance wheels are putrid.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:23 AM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
I took a 2019 RDX Advance for a test drive, last weekend. Overall, a nice vehicle, and a HUGE improvement over the 2018 RDX. However, it's still not providing MDX-level functionality and practicality. In a way, I was let down with the RDX. I'm okay with Acura borrowing heavily from the RDX, but they'll need to step up their game even further to get me to replace my MDX.

The good:
  • I like the exterior styling.
  • I (mostly) like the interior styling. The oversized dynamic mode knob is a bit awkward... I'm sure that could be something better.
  • Size is good (for RDX class).
  • Infotainment is dramatically improved.
  • Seats are massively improved!
  • For a 4 cylinder, it makes impressive power. (FOR A 4 CYLINDER)
The bad:
  • Ventilated seats are present, but ventilation is weak compared to other brands.
  • Materials quality was disappointing. MDX needs to have much nicer materials for me to consider it. The biggest material fail is the palm rest near the touchpad; it's covered in a cheap-looking vinyl. This needs to be leather, at least in Tech/Advance trims. another example is the dash. We should see a stitched dash in at least the Advance trim.
  • No remote start from key fob. Really, wtf?
  • No power folding side mirrors. Really, wtf?
  • Power delivery is not acceptable. This engine/transmission combo is jerky and lacks refinement. I'm not sure Acura can do much better with a 4 cylinder -- unless they add IMA. This is just an area where more cylinders + displacement are going to provide a smoother experience. MDX needs to retain a V6 powerplant, imo. I'll take my J35/ZF9, any day, over the current RDX powertrain.
I had high hopes for the new RDX, but was also disappointed. The cabin noise was unacceptably high and noticeably worse than the 2G RDX (which we own and drove the same test drive route back to back) on concrete highways. The current gen MDX and TLX are amazingly quiet, even in that scenario. I was extremely disappointed that Acura gave the 3G a much noiser cabin than the 2G. I really hope to high heavens that Acura doesn't mess with a good thing and make the next gen MDX cabin louder like they did with the RDX. It cheapens the overall experience, and Acura significantly raised the price of the RDX.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts
Does it frustrate anyone else that the new Passport is instantly better than the RDX? A lot better. And a V-6.

I’m hoping the 4G MDX is that much better than the Passport as the Passport is versus the RDX.

But you've got to keep in kind how much better a Civic Type R is compared to an ILX.

Honda gets the good stuff. My guess is that MDX will have to wait another year.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Looks like they think we'll see the next generation MDX next year, for what it is worth.
https://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix/
Old 12-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by skarface
Looks like they think we'll see the next generation MDX next year, for what it is worth.
https://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix/
Last updated September 2015. 2017 and beyond is where we have been for a while now.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Racer

Last updated September 2015. 2017 and beyond is where we have been for a while now.
You might have to back out to the home page to view the updated matrix. It shows the updated matrix for me
MrJames (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by skarface

You might have to back out to the home page to view the updated matrix. It shows the updated matrix for me
I see it now. Nov. 2018. Weird, refreshing the page takes you to Sept. 2015 for some reason. Thanks for posting.

It shows a full redesign for the MDX, RLX and TLX in the same year. Sounds really ambitious. I hope it's true for at least the MDX since that's what I'm waiting on. Although a RDX Type S sounds intriguing as well.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:43 PM
There are four lights!

I would love to see the MDX and TLX getting the FMC in the same year. Planning to move to a MDX when my TLX lease is done. Just like the current MDX and TLX, there's a few common bits it shares, and I expect the next gen MDX and TLX to continuing sharing. RLX just received a MMC not too long ago so I don't see it getting a FMC anytime soon, if ever. Just can the vehicle. Nobody is buying it.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
I'd be surprised if they launch that many complete redesigned models in the same year, that would spread attention to detail too thin for any specific model which will lead to a large number of reliability issues which have plagued acura the past few years and the main reason for their mediocre brand ratings.

It would be wise for them to focus on a single model or even wait another year to finish working the kinks out of the rdx so future vehicles don't suffer from the same issues.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Also considering it's already December, there hasn't been a single spy shot of the new mdx undergoing testing and Detroit auto show where acura always introduces new models is only a month away, that seems to suggest that the redesign mdx won't launch next year. Either that, or they've kept it more under wraps than any other vehicle launch and will surprise everyone next month. Either could happen but playing the odds I'd say it's slightly more likely it won't be coming next year as otherwise we'd have seen spy shots of it undergoing track and street testing. No way you don't do extensive testing on a completely redesigned model and if you do no way to keep that a secret.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:21 AM
Racer

Here's another source that predicts the MDX redesign coming in 2019. They think the TLX would come in 2020. I think this is pretty dated as well (Looks like its from mid 2017). Interesting to see what actually happens.

http://www.autonews.com/assets/pdf/f...ssan-honda.pdf

Quick Reply: 2020 Acura MDX Redesign Odds