2020 4th gen MDX,, What will it be like or want!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 4th gen MDX,, What will it be like or want!!

So, probably around March-April 2019 we should see a first look at the 2020 MDX at the Auto Shows.. We have seen what Acura did with the 2019 RDX,, WOW, a lot of car with the top model pricing out at $48K, that tells me the top MDX will probably be around $60K... I wonder what will be the engine HP rating?? Hopefully they will have a top notch velvet smooth shifting 10 speed transmission.. With their new ELS 3D audio system, how will they top this, more Watts, Higher Quality Speakers?? SHAWD, should be an improved version, could incorporate Electric Drive Motors?? Will the main gauges be Analog or Digital, Will the Screen be integrated into the Gauge Cluster or large Vertical like the Tesla... The competition has never been stronger with the rebirth of the SUV... Lots to choose from for sure,, But Honda America reliability has never been better.. My 2015 MDX Advanced with Entertainment has been a dream to drive , now at 60,000 miles... If you have heard of what it might be like please share info or possible link.. Thanks!!

Robert

Last edited by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX; 11-01-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX
So, probably around March-April 2019 we should see a first look at the 2020 MDX at the Auto Shows.. We have seen what Acura did with the 2019 RDX,, WOW, a lot of car with the top model pricing out at $48K, that tells me the top MDX will probably be around $60K... I wonder what will be the engine HP rating?? Hopefully they will have a top notch velvet smooth shifting 10 speed transmission.. With their new ELS 3D audio system, how will they top this, more Watts, Higher Quality Speakers?? SHAWD, should be an improved version, could incorporate Electric Drive Motors?? Will the main gauges be Analog or Digital, Will the Screen be integrated into the Gauge Cluster or large Vertical like the Tesla... The competition has never been stronger with the rebirth of the SUV... Lots to choose from for sure,, But Honda America reliability has never been better.. My 2015 MDX Advanced with Entertainment has been a dream to drive , now at 60,000 miles... If you have heard of what it might be like please share info or possible link.. Thanks!!

Robert
Well, I've owned a LOT of Hondas and Acuras. I do know this....they keep info of upcoming models very secretive and dealers don't get hardly any info. I did just talk to my Acura GM and asked him IF he had anything on the
next MDX. We discussed possibilities. I was concerned they might go the way of the more powerful turbo 4 engine! I told him I would NEVER buy one. He felt strongly that was not going to happen. He said a 3 row larger SUV
would not be getting a turbo 4 cyl. Hope he's right. He believes...no real info, that it would be a stronger V6, with a possible turbo. Tech upgrades for sure.

But, honestly, it is just way too soon to find out much of anything. There will be all kinds of "possible body designs" shown on various sites on the internet....but, those are all just guesses. As always in the past, we will have to
wait and sit back and read about all the "speculation" of what the new MDX MIGHT be like.

I told him I can't wait that long, and for me the '19 Advance is a great SUV. My wife and I drove it and an A-Spec version last Saturday. Liked them both a lot, but, the Advance....white/parchment won out. Getting it in Jan. That
interior is really nice. Soft amazing leather with contrasting beading and stitching and great looking natural real wood trim...that's now on the full console for '19. They went to a lighter color with the parchment. Looks rich.
It is quiet, comfy, rides great, and that 3.5 V6, which I've owned many of, is smooth and strong enough for sure. We love the 2nd row Capt's seats with it's full console. Looks amazing. I'll fold the 3d row seats down in to the floor
and forget about them!! Don't need them, but, the extra cargo floor area will be nice.
The following 3 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
Fabvsix (11-01-2018), pilozm (11-06-2018), Russinator (02-05-2019)
Old 11-01-2018, 06:05 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Well, I've owned a LOT of Hondas and Acuras. I do know this....they keep info of upcoming models very secretive and dealers don't get hardly any info. I did just talk to my Acura GM and asked him IF he had anything on the
next MDX. We discussed possibilities. I was concerned they might go the way of the more powerful turbo 4 engine! I told him I would NEVER buy one. He felt strongly that was not going to happen. He said a 3 row larger SUV
would not be getting a turbo 4 cyl. Hope he's right. He believes...no real info, that it would be a stronger V6, with a possible turbo. Tech upgrades for sure.

But, honestly, it is just way too soon to find out much of anything. There will be all kinds of "possible body designs" shown on various sites on the internet....but, those are all just guesses. As always in the past, we will have to
wait and sit back and read about all the "speculation" of what the new MDX MIGHT be like.

I told him I can't wait that long, and for me the '19 Advance is a great SUV. My wife and I drove it and an A-Spec version last Saturday. Liked them both a lot, but, the Advance....white/parchment won out. Getting it in Jan. That
interior is really nice. Soft amazing leather with contrasting beading and stitching and great looking natural real wood trim...that's now on the full console for '19. They went to a lighter color with the parchment. Looks rich.
It is quiet, comfy, rides great, and that 3.5 V6, which I've owned many of, is smooth and strong enough for sure. We love the 2nd row Capt's seats with it's full console. Looks amazing. I'll fold the 3d row seats down in to the floor
and forget about them!! Don't need them, but, the extra cargo floor area will be nice.
I am loving our newly purchased 2018 MDX Advance.... you described it to the tee....we also love the rear captain chairs and folded the kiddy seats for more space as we have no kids....The motor has more than enough power as you stated.....
Old 11-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
I am loving our newly purchased 2018 MDX Advance.... you described it to the tee....we also love the rear captain chairs and folded the kiddy seats for more space as we have no kids....The motor has more than enough power as you stated.....
Thank you for your comments. And, yes, the '18 Advance is a great one too. They just added a couple of things for '19...but, nothing to make the '18 unwanted! LOL!! It's just my wife and I, and I always said, when we travel it has
to be in an MDX. At our age if anyone does ride with us it would probably just be another couple. So, the Capt's seats are perfect for that. The kids 3rd row will be down for the count! Never to be seen again! LOL!
The leftover '18's sold fast...esp. the Advance models. And I wasn't going to be ready until Jan. anyway, so, it has to be a '19. At least I won't be starting out with a yr old SUV as soon as I drove it off the lot.

It will be interesting, as it always is for me, what they will do to the next Gen MDX. I hope they don't mess it up. The RDX is certainly nice, but, as most all vehicles, getting way too techy. Gotta keep the design engineers employed I
guess...but, sometimes...too much is...TOO MUCH!!
Old 11-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I decided to put off my purchase until next year in hopes of a 4G MDX launch. I really like the new RDX but want the extra size of the MDX. One concern is that we had a pretty good idea that the new RDX was coming based on spy shots, etc. back in 2017. I haven't seen anything yet on a new MDX yet. The fact that they rolled out an A-Spec model this year could mean the new model may not be out until 2020 as a 2021. Would they do an A-Spec model for one year only?

Some things I expect the new model to have including everything from the new RDX:

Pano roof
HUD
New SH-AWD
7 jewel headlights
Same cockpit layout with large center dial, touchpad, etc.
Power thigh extension
4G hotspot/wifi
ELS 3D - Hopefully the roof speakers actually work. I heard no sound at all from them in the RDX I played with.

Some things I'm hoping goes into the new MDX
Wireless charging - Been available on the Honda Pilot
Digital dash - Like the Audi virtual cockpit. Would be cool to be able to customize to your liking
Wireless Carplay and Android Auto integration
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (11-08-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 12:36 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pano sunroof and captain chairs for sure!
Old 11-02-2018, 02:16 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
I'm just expecting a bigger version of the RDX. Nothing wrong with that as the RDX is a decent looking vehicle. Because the MDX is obviously a class above the RDX, it should get everything the RDX has to offer (HUD, ELS 3D, adaptive lights, A-Spec option, adaptive dampers, etc.) plus nicer materials and better tech.

- Full LED everywhere, including the rear turn signals (RDX has incandescent rear turn signals)
- Full digital dash (RDX is partial)
- Maybe a larger infotainment screen
- Power tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Standard V6T (I could see Acura using the 2.0T on the base model, and the 3.0T on Tech and above)
- 16-way seats standard (RDX has 12-way standard, 16-way optional)
- Wireless charging
- Adjustable pedals would be nice

Acura should follow Subaru's lead and offer iPads as entertainment choices rather than integrate them into the vehicle. Especially if they want one continuous pano moonroof.
pilozm (11-08-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts
3.0 Liter turbo with a minimum 320+HP and a updated interior. Keeping the Hybrid model would be a nice too
pilozm (11-08-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Based on reviews and some videos of acceleration, i feel Acura is throttling power in RDX in lower gears due to limitation of SHAWD. I hope they figure out a way around that when they use 3.0T 6 cyl engine. What is the point of low end torque if you cannot transfer it to wheels while accelerating from stop?
Old 11-03-2018, 01:55 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
I think we will get all of these features that you guys are mentioning. RDX has 90% of these features. So I am sure MDX is a class above and will have at least 10% extras
but i highly doubt if we will see the new MDX next year. Next year is reserved for TLX.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by bmoua15
3.0 Liter turbo with a minimum 320+HP and a updated interior. Keeping the Hybrid model would be a nice too
This is what I'm most curious about. I'm a big fan of the Honda 2.0T but the MDX is a bit too heavy for that car.

I said in a different thread I thought Honda would be aggressive with the MDX but if they have some new engine up their sleeves, I would prefer they wait.
pilozm (12-02-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I would be beyond surprised if they released 4G MDX in 2019 as a 2020. I am pretty sure it'll be late summer of 2020 for the release as a 2021 model.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by copmagnet82
I would be beyond surprised if they released 4G MDX in 2019 as a 2020. I am pretty sure it'll be late summer of 2020 for the release as a 2021 model.
I believe the same
Old 11-04-2018, 12:12 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by kurtatx
This is what I'm most curious about. I'm a big fan of the Honda 2.0T but the MDX is a bit too heavy for that car.

I said in a different thread I thought Honda would be aggressive with the MDX but if they have some new engine up their sleeves, I would prefer they wait.
The '19 MDX AWD Advance weighs 192 lbs more than the '19 RDX AWD Advance. With the hp and torque of the RDX's 2.0, that weight difference would be no issue. BUT, I would not want that engine or one with even more hp
like the Civic Type R engine in the MDX. The one key issue is not so much the extra 192 lbs, it's the extra weight the MDX is built to carry. Don't forget it's a 3 row 7 pass. SUV and IF all seats are filled, AND you have "stuff" in
the cargo area, then that weight can become and issue.

I hope they stay with a naturally aspirated V6....it's done well all these years...the 3.5. They can tinker with it, upgrade it etc, but, the MDX does not need a 3.0 turbo V6. IMHO
Old 11-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Based on the relaxed requirements from the EPA regarding mileage requirements during this administration, seems like auto manufacturers can dial back some of the engine requirements they thought were going to become the norm. I'd like to see V6's stick around. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan have built some decent V6's in the past. I hope they stick with it.
37tzee (11-05-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is anyone else hoping for a triple stack jewel eye headlight, just to one up the RLX?
Old 11-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
We don't need to further BLIND oncoming traffic.... Besides $2000.00 to replace ONE is plenty enough!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 05:50 PM
There are four lights!

Originally Posted by bottlerocket
Is anyone else hoping for a triple stack jewel eye headlight, just to one up the RLX?
I very much prefer the single stack. Nice and sleek. The double stack looks weird on the RLX, IMO. RDX & ILX have the new 7 jewel eye headlamps, so very likely the MDX & TLX will get that. Who knows what the next RLX will get.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
With the release of the ASpec, I don’t really see a release until late 2020.
I had a new RDX loaner while my MDX was being serviced. I thought the response and speed was pretty good, but then again the car is so much lighter than the MDX. I had a hard time using the “hand mouse” or whatever they call it. I’m in my 30’s...so Maybe I’m getting too old for the new tech. :-)
Although the headlights of the RDX have more of a bright blue effect (when driving opposite) I think that the MDX headlights perform better. This maybe just an illusion or height effect, but just my opinion.
The MDX has a more luxury and comfort driving feel to it than the RDX. The third row is a deal maker for me.

Once I picked my MDX up, I have to admit I was really happy to be back on it. I have a toddler so space and comfort for me is key, and obviously that’s why I prefer the MDX still. The RDX is a great ride and I’m sure Acura will use many RDX elements on their next cars. I think the TLX’x new headlight will be as the RDXs.
If the next MDX combines the tech of the RDX with the comfort and luxury of the MDX, I’m sure we will have a winner come 2020/21.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts

I fugure this may be interesting even though it's a 2019!
Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
but i highly doubt if we will see the new MDX next year. Next year is reserved for TLX.
I had a chat with my dealership yesterday while servicing my car and that’s exactly what they said too. TLX in 2019 and MDX in 2020.
Tony Pac (12-04-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 07:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy

I had a chat with my dealership yesterday while servicing my car and that’s exactly what they said too. TLX in 2019 and MDX in 2020.
When I picked up our 19 MDX today, the dealer told us the same thing … 2020 for the MDX.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:13 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
2020 for MDX can just mean the 2020 MDX is the next gen model. I remember TLX is announced around Spring and MDX is in Fall/Winter

one feature that is not mentioned is the handsfree tailgate
Old 12-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
I would think the 2020 model year will be the new MDX. I think the 2G MDX went an extra year because the tsunami in Japan set them back a bit.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 AM
2nd Gear

Hopefully, we'll get a Honda designed and built transmission for the new MDX. The current ZF trans in the '17+ models, IMHO is trash. I've owned several RDX and MDX models since 07 and this is by far the worst thing about the new MDX. Ours is ALWAYS mis-shifting, in the wrong gear all the time and makes odd noises, downshifts incorrectly. We have had Acura look at it several times and always tell me it's just how that transmission is.

Additionally, the lane keeping assist is sooooo buggy and the adaptive cruse control has caused an unsafe rapid deceleration that scared us to death a few times. The whole infotainment system needs canned as well, its old and super buggy. The RDX system seems a little better so maybe we get that in the Gen4?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:36 PM
There are four lights!

Originally Posted by ohohmai
Hopefully, we'll get a Honda designed and built transmission for the new MDX. The current ZF trans in the '17+ models, IMHO is trash. I've owned several RDX and MDX models since 07 and this is by far the worst thing about the new MDX. Ours is ALWAYS mis-shifting, in the wrong gear all the time and makes odd noises, downshifts incorrectly. We have had Acura look at it several times and always tell me it's just how that transmission is.

Additionally, the lane keeping assist is sooooo buggy and the adaptive cruse control has caused an unsafe rapid deceleration that scared us to death a few times. The whole infotainment system needs canned as well, its old and super buggy. The RDX system seems a little better so maybe we get that in the Gen4?
Seeing that the 2019 RDX already uses the in-house 10AT, I see no reason for Acura not to use it in their upcoming models. We will never know, but people have guessed the reason why Acura chose to use the ZF9 was because the in-house 10AT was still in the development and wasn't production ready. It's too bad they didn't just use their tried and true 6AT, but when it comes to marketing, 9 looks better than 6.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
Seeing that the 2019 RDX already uses the in-house 10AT, I see no reason for Acura not to use it in their upcoming models. We will never know, but people have guessed the reason why Acura chose to use the ZF9 was because the in-house 10AT was still in the development and wasn't production ready. It's too bad they didn't just use their tried and true 6AT, but when it comes to marketing, 9 looks better than 6.

I loved the 6AT!! That was a great trans! I’d pull my Mastercraft X-Star with my 2011 MDX all the time! I’d NEVER attempt that with the ZF9 in our ‘17

Hopefully the 10AT is better!!!!
Old 02-15-2019, 01:56 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by skarface
I would think the 2020 model year will be the new MDX. I think the 2G MDX went an extra year because the tsunami in Japan set them back a bit.
the test mule was spotted a few weeks ago, so that usually means the release is a year out. spotted with touchpad and single screen like the rdx. rear suspension is different, so i suspect its a 2021, not a 2020.

so spring/early summer 2020 release of 2021 MDX.

https://www.motor1.com/photo/3756318...e-s-spy-shots/
Old 02-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by powdbyrice
the test mule was spotted a few weeks ago, so that usually means the release is a year out. spotted with touchpad and single screen like the rdx. rear suspension is different, so i suspect its a 2021, not a 2020.

Perfect, my current TLX lease will be up then, MDX here we come!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by powdbyrice

A family member spoke to an Acura Product Manager, and it will more than likely be coming out in 2020 with the new generation, We just got rid of our 2016 MDX and got a different SUV to hold us over until then.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:55 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by RSLTSX09XMNAVWX

Robert
[QUOTE][/QU

Tesla? Just puked in my mouth. I am never EVER gonna buy another Honda/Acura product if they try to copy Tesla in any shape or form. Acura already experimented with the hybrid SH-AWD variant in the 3rd gen MDX. With no mechanical connection between the engine and the rear axle, you are not getting the same amount of power and torque distributed across the rear. The driving dynamics suffers with e motors compared to the conventional SH-AWD. And towing dropped from 5000 lbs to a measly 2000 lbs. And the Tach, I hope they will stick with analog tasteful white face gushes like the RDX. Theres nothing exciting with the digital mania. Aren't u tired of seeing digital screens? Do you not spend enough time on your cellphone and computers? lol. I want an analog feeling gas powered car and not an IPAD on wheels like Tesla *PUKE*
cairo333 (04-21-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE=Jerry Jackson;16393570][QUOTE][/QU

There is so much poor information in this anti Tesla/ anti hybrid/ anti high tech interior post:

The hybrid in the MDX transforms the SH-AWD into a much higher performance vehicle with better gas mileage. It actually has more power and a better quarter mile than the SH AWD. The electric motors in the rear wheels react faster than the mechanical differential does in the SH AWD. It also has advantages when braking in corners, unlike the SH AWD which can only be used when on the gas. The hybrid actually cant tow at all- not even 2000 lbs, so you make a correct statement there (although were wrong with the 2000 lb limit)

If the large digital screens arent popular, then why are so many other manufacturers doing it and getting rave reviews? The new Ram has a huge screen that is adored. Volvos is going that way and reviewers love it. Digital is the future- look at the new Honda electric concept where the screen is stretched horizontally across the driver and passenger.

Ideally, I would love a 3.0T with a 48 volt mild hybrid system. It would be the best of all worlds. Please give us adaptive suspension with adaptive sway bars also.

pilozm (03-09-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 03:24 PM
2nd Gear

[QUOTE=lsulaker;16393705][QUOTE=Jerry Jackson;16393570]
[/QU

There is so much poor information in this anti Tesla/ anti hybrid/ anti high tech interior post:

The hybrid in the MDX transforms the SH-AWD into a much higher performance vehicle with better gas mileage. It actually has more power and a better quarter mile than the SH AWD. The electric motors in the rear wheels react faster than the mechanical differential does in the SH AWD. It also has advantages when braking in corners, unlike the SH AWD which can only be used when on the gas. The hybrid actually cant tow at all- not even 2000 lbs, so you make a correct statement there (although were wrong with the 2000 lb limit)

If the large digital screens arent popular, then why are so many other manufacturers doing it and getting rave reviews? The new Ram has a huge screen that is adored. Volvos is going that way and reviewers love it. Digital is the future- look at the new Honda electric concept where the screen is stretched horizontally across the driver and passenger.

Ideally, I would love a 3.0T with a 48 volt mild hybrid system. It would be the best of all worlds. Please give us adaptive suspension with adaptive sway bars also.
haven't lurked on Acuras website but I remember something underwhelming about the towing. Not rated to tow eh... good to remember.

I understand that e motors do have the advantage to dig out of the hole because they have 100% torque available at 0 rpm. BUT what I am saying is completely different. I made an argument about the power contribution to the rear axel on the MDX hybrid. It's much less than the 70% engine output that the conventional SH-AWD offers. Remember POWER is torque x RPM. the electrc motor really falls flat at increasing speeds. Power unit is watts or horsepower. Look it up, the wattage isn't that much just enough for getting better gas mileage around stop and go traffic etc... look up Alex On Autos review of the MDX Hybrid (or even the RLX SH-AWD since it has the same powertrain). He mentions the handling of the vehicle is much more like FWD because the POWER contribution from e motors at the back is much less than the conventional SH-AWD. But I can bet the 4th gen SH-AWD will be conventional because i saw a read differential in one of the spy photos.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Instructor

All-New TLX and MDX, but What Else Is Coming?

The next-gen TLX sedan and MDX crossover are on schedule, both likely for a late 2019 or early 2020 debut.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-pebble-beach/
Old 03-07-2019, 04:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
"look up Alex On Autos review of the MDX Hybrid (or even the RLX SH-AWD since it has the same powertrain). He mentions the handling of the vehicle is much more like FWD because the POWER contribution from e motors at the back is much less than the conventional SH-AWD"

that is so full of BS. I drove an RL with the conventional SW-AWD. My hybrid MDX handles better. The higher the speed, the less you need torque vectoring or for that matter AWD. In fact, at high speed on interstate (>70), I will see positive torque applied to the inside rear wheel
Old 03-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
He is somewhat correct that the sport hybrid is a FWD 3.0 liter combined with 2 rear motors to make it AWD. He is also correct that the hybrid motors dont do much at high speeds like they do at lower speeds. However, as you state, he really underestimates how much they help with handling and how they are better than the mechanical AWD.

Either way, the next MDX will still have a newer version of the SHAWD system most likely a 3.0T which is why I am hoping for 48 volt mild hybrid system to help with mileage a bit. I dont see the sport hybrid debuting on the 2021 MDX.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:53 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
More news that the MDX redesign is coming the end of this year or beginning of next year.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/08/...-pebble-beach/
Old 03-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by skarface
More news that the MDX redesign is coming the end of this year or beginning of next year.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/08/...-pebble-beach/
You'll note the key word in the article is debut. A vehicle debuts when first introduced to the public, which is almost always at least 6 months prior to going on sale to the public. So in that sense I agree with you, introduced early next year and going on sale June 2020.
86LXJunker (03-09-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 04:44 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm on a dealer's email spam list. And they are claiming no changes for 2020 models.

March 15th and 16th ONLY!

Take advantage of an additional $1,000 above and beyond our current Special Internet Pricing on Any New 2019 RDX or 2019 MDX.

Please act now, this offer will not be extended or duplicated after this date.

Use this additional savings with our internet pricing and also utilize our Price Guarantee with any deal in writing you may already have.

With 2020 Models already on the way and no changes to any of Acura's models, act now with production already being cut to 2019 models.

Thank You
Old 03-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Instructor

The accessory installation instructions for the 2020 TLX got posted in the TLX section. Parts and pictures show it looks to be the same as the current model. TLX and MDX are in need of a refresh and it looks like we'll get neither for 2020. Must not be ready for prime time or some production delays. Curious what they show in New York in 5 weeks. Email says no changes to Acura models but I wonder if they plan on expanding the line up. Maybe a Type-S or hybrid RDX?

Quick Reply: 2020 4th gen MDX,, What will it be like or want!!